Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a possibility of Crossbows being in ESO?

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Give us craftable jewelry first

Would take quite some time to make this right, so don't hold your breath
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    its unlikely to see them to do it but it is possible
    problems with bringing crossbows in to the game as carryble wapon

they have to make/bring crossbows for every style thats in the game and that are ready but not in game yet
    they have to chance every crafting book to also have crossbows
    they have to make for ever crafting motif style pages a crossbow motif page
    they have to chance some archivements to also include crossbow
    they have to give (or make new) npc/enemy's crossbows so its not the players who only have them
    the have to make new holding animations for the crossbow (carry-walking in hand-walking on back-riding etc)
    (least problem) the have to make a new skilline like the bow line with attack and morphs
    and the have to find a way to make the crossbow reload quick lorefriendly otherwise u will have a slow reload mechanisme

my idea for crossbow (and yeah i know fightersguild has crosboww attack)
    a dwemmerkind dlc like clockworkcity where u can craft at only one craftingstation a dwemmercrossbow without the use of a motif, so only the reload, animations and skilline they have to create (as the city will have npc/enemy's with crossbows they dont have to imput them into rest of game)

or a hunter (could be vampire hunters or animal hunters) dlc or festival wich will give you a crossbow passive like blade of woe
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mwo1480 wrote: »
    its unlikely to see them to do it but it is possible
    problems with bringing crossbows in to the game as carryble wapon

they have to make/bring crossbows for every style thats in the game and that are ready but not in game yet
    they have to chance every crafting book to also have crossbows
    they have to make for ever crafting motif style pages a crossbow motif page
    they have to chance some archivements to also include crossbow
    they have to give (or make new) npc/enemy's crossbows so its not the players who only have them
    the have to make new holding animations for the crossbow (carry-walking in hand-walking on back-riding etc)
    (least problem) the have to make a new skilline like the bow line with attack and morphs
    and the have to find a way to make the crossbow reload quick lorefriendly otherwise u will have a slow reload mechanisme

my idea for crossbow (and yeah i know fightersguild has crosboww attack)
    a dwemmerkind dlc like clockworkcity where u can craft at only one craftingstation a dwemmercrossbow without the use of a motif, so only the reload, animations and skilline they have to create (as the city will have npc/enemy's with crossbows they dont have to imput them into rest of game)

or a hunter (could be vampire hunters or animal hunters) dlc or festival wich will give you a crossbow passive like blade of woe

This is good intel brainstorming for crossbows
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AndyTGD wrote: »
    Oh no, no crossbows! Please can we have some kind of technological progress across the Elder Scrolls series? Tamrielic technology hasn't changed one iota in hundreds of years, thanks to this game and its pandering to tropes and fanboyism. The least we can do is keep crossbows in the future for goodness sake.

Always wondered that myself. Still stuck in the horse and cart era. You'd think with all the technology here n there and the jiggery pokery etc, they'd at least advance/evolve to some degree. I'm not saying for a minute I want the series to fast froward to the age of what was our industrial age, but we've been stuck in the medieval times like forever. The Dwemer had the right idea.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    How about spears/halberds?

Crossbows and Spears would be great new weapon skill trees, and are already heavily established in the series. Their omission in ESO is a little odd, but perfectly understandable from a dev time perspective.

Glaives, halberds, scythes, tridents, etc would all work great as cultural crafting variations for spears.

92fd5a99efccfb9ea5469efea55dde23.jpg
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guard with a crossbow
    https://youtu.be/EFzURh0R10o
    Edited by Inhuman003 on December 10, 2016 8:24PM
  • Klemenziusb16_ESO
    Wasn't it stated in the beta, that they don't intend to introduce crossbows?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that crossbows should be to bows as daggers are to 2h swords. Lighter, faster, dual-wielded. Finally, bow users could complete two 5-piece sets with a monster set!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Not even a little. That's me be totally honest with you. Sorry :/
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there were to be crossbows, I'll want one-handed wands, too.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they were implemented the same as they were in Skyrim, no thanks. Not sure if mods ever sorted them, but the vanilla crossbows were awful compared to bows and we couldn't use mods to sort them out in ESO.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndyTGD wrote: »
    Oh no, no crossbows! Please can we have some kind of technological progress across the Elder Scrolls series? Tamrielic technology hasn't changed one iota in hundreds of years, thanks to this game and its pandering to tropes and fanboyism. The least we can do is keep crossbows in the future for goodness sake.

ESO takes place BEFORE Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, and etc. It wouldn't make sense lore wise to have new tech advancements in the past...
    Edited by Elusiin on December 10, 2016 11:24PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think we will ever see a new weapon skill line, but Crossbows as weapons that share the same skill line as bow would be pretty cool. Poison Injection from a Crossbow... How badass is that?! Or a Draining Shot from a Crossbow... It would already make more sense for the damn thing to push your opponent away and have such a short range.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »

Contrary to crossbows, wands were NEVER a thing in TES. Plus, wands look stupid. We ain't in a fairy tale here, this is serious business. NO children allowed. Proof is in the game! Not a single kid in the whole of Tamriel.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would certainly like to have crossbows in the game, but I'd say this is really just wishful thinking due to the amount of work required to implement it.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭

Contrary to crossbows, wands were NEVER a thing in TES. Plus, wands look stupid. We ain't in a fairy tale here, this is serious business. NO children allowed. Proof is in the game! Not a single kid in the whole of Tamriel.

A short staff then!

Dragonborn can dual wield staves :<
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZoS put Crown Crates here and so can Crossbows be in ESO too. Think about it where in the world in the LORE of ELDER SCROLLS you see Atronach mounts.

Edited by Inhuman003 on December 11, 2016 5:50AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossbows would have a very slow fire rate between each attack since it's not nearly as easy as just pulling a new arrow back on a string. To compensate for this, each attack would need to do incredible damage. Think the time it takes to charge a heavy flame staff attack, so it's not totally out of the question.

Crossbow abilities could be very similar to regular Bow skills. An Explosive knockback shot, an AoE skill, perhaps an incendiary bolt that hits the target and does flame damage over time like Poison Injection.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which crossbows you prefer being in Elder Scrolls Online the ones from Morrowind or the ones from Skyrim.
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please needs to be in the game just as polearm / haleberds and other weapons. More skills the better.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crossbows today, Dwemer tommy guns tomorrow! Count me in on all counts.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would much more like to see some sort of spears in game. Beside templar spears.
    Spears could be unique type of weaponry that can be used with either one hand (where they go under s&b passive restrictions but can use spear abilities too), and as two handed weapons, for more offensive style( using some 2h passives in that case). I mean, spears are one of the cheapest and most used weapons trough the history, why is ESO shunning them away? Is it that hard to make them?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Maelstrom Bow is basically a hybrid Crossbow or at least a machine bow.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that accordingly to Dawnguard DLC in Skyrim, the crossbows were an adaptation of a Dwemer technology so, useful or not, cool or not, wouldn't be "fanboyism"
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A short staff then!

Dragonborn can dual wield staves :<

The staves in Skyrim were a totally different concept though... They were just weapons that dished out regular spells... So they were probably the stupidest thing in that game lol. Especially that your perks in the Destruction tree affected the staves, so in order for the staves to be effective you had to level the skill tree anyway. But I do think that some sort of "new" thing would do the game some freshness it needs IMHO. So maybe something to do with a new class (not too sure personally, it would make a balancing nightmare, but it would be good if they managed to nail it) or something to do with new skill lines. Staff + Sword come to mind, just to open up some possibilities for magicka builds and yeah crossbows for stamina builds.

I doubt it will ever happen though.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters guild has a little crossbow you can spam.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, there's already a crossbow type skill in the game, Silver bolts
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion