The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Chokethorn monster set. What counts as a "healing" ability?

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
Does chokethorn only proc off direct heal abilities like breath of life and most resto staff abilitiesor does it also proc from heal off damage abilities like strife, sweep and crit surge?

The answer to this question could open up endless potential builds.
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP

Best Answer

• Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested it with Blood Craze, and it does indeed proc from the health return.
    Answer ✓
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it out on day 1 because I thought it'd be a great utility with surge. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the ability has to be one that heals without the aid of an enemy presence like Dark Deal, Breath of Life, etc.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Does chokethorn only proc off direct heal abilities like breath of life and most resto staff abilitiesor does it also proc from heal off damage abilities like strife, sweep and crit surge?

The answer to this question could open up endless potential builds.

The tooltip states "ability", so id imagine it's any healing skill you have to toggle/press.

Though it needs testing if the other heal sources proc it(but be warned it might be a bug if those sources proc it based on the tooltip verbal).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to be inconsistent in its classification for "heal ability." Some abilities like Blood Craze are not heal abilities, but have heal components, though it is supposed to only proc when the ability is cast, and not when the heal ticks (regardless of direct burst healing or HoT). However, other abilities like Purifying Ritual, which are practically the definition of heal abilities, only proc it on cast (which again, is exactly how it is stated).
    Edited by Autolycus on February 14, 2017 8:29PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I saw on pts it procs from every heals including funnel health (heal for damage done) and refreshing path (ground target hot).
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody test this with a heal off damage ability please.

I need confirmation
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It procs from Burning Embers (Heal of Damage)
    It procs from Dark Deal

It does NOT proc from Surge Heal.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my testing for the last 30 minutes. #1 will surprise you!

1. It does not proc off of Honour the Dead (lol) This must be a bug, and I submitted it. Must have done 100 casts of HtD while taking damage just to be sure, but could not get it to proc.

2. It does not proc off of Puncturing Sweeps. Again tried and tried while in combat, does not proc. Makes sense I guess.

3. It procs off of every Resto staff skill, except for Siphon. It will not proc on the cast nor the return heal when you attack.

4. It does proc off of Purifying Ritual cast. But never the HoT component, which by the way...

5. It only procs off the cast of a HoT, not any of the HoT ticks.

I have to say overall I found the set to be underwhelming, due to the 10s cooldown and the "per cast" restriction. The two restrictions together make the set proc only every 20 seconds or so. Unlike say, Malubeth, this set also does not scale well at all with the more damage you take.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone confirmed if nightblade abilities that off heal can proc this set?
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it procced from Master Sword heal, too
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro!

Im curious too!!