Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Female altmer creation help

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My female Altmer is a damn scary Amazon (maxed height so virtually the same as Titanborn & towers over others especially teeny tiny bosmers) with piercings, tats and a fierce stare. And decent booty. Not sure she would be condidered beautiful - more striking - but she wouldn't care.

Love playing her.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille : You are not. I am attempting to drum up support. (I take it I'm failing.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille : You are not. I am attempting to drum up support. (I take it I'm failing.)

You are right here on my list of favourite people, then <3
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...but I suck at creating attractive female characters.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why I can easily spend 3+ hours creating a character and making them look "just right" to me.

Try starting out with the generics ZoS provides. As you flip through them, one should easily catch your eye. From there, just alter features you like/dislike.

Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    ...but I suck at creating attractive female characters.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why I can easily spend 3+ hours creating a character and making them look "just right" to me.

Try starting out with the generics ZoS provides. As you flip through them, one should easily catch your eye. From there, just alter features you like/dislike.

I agree about getting a character just right but if I can't do it in 10 minutes or less then it feels forced so I'll leave it for another time when everything comes together.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arcadiadark, here are some recent shots of my Altmer characters ...

As you are likely already aware, I've shared pics of my Bosmer Stamplar and Stam DK in the past ... but will try not to derail the thread with extra pics of those two.

Magicka DK (still non-vet):

W1IqItd.png

Magicka Templar:

MANdHOi.png

Magicka Sorcerer:

8NoJSis.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 13, 2016 11:50PM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ON1fbb1.jpg

I like this one for some reason, teach me plz
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone wanna provide sliders as an example?
    Options
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just create female orc. They are all beautiful! xD
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
    Options
  • geofhob14_ESO
    geofhob14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Don't have a character customization token so not sure I can access the sliders. Here are two more shots under different lighting.

FYxzvhN.jpg
    cZDkThz.jpg
    Edited by geofhob14_ESO on September 14, 2016 7:38AM
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't have a character customization token so not sure I can access the sliders.

If you have access to the PTS and your character lives on the PC/NA server, you can get a token there for free and see the sliders.
    Options
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    I was thinking my altmer is pretty until i saw her in a dying room

Screenshot_20160913_030522.pngфото хостинг

No i guess i'll get eso+ after all... never trust the creation screen.

That is one unhappy Altmer LOL. Kinda funny too :D
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on correcting my mistakes for my altmer who is created, anyone have sliders?
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    I'm talking about mostly a cute face, like that girl from the tg dlc

Maybe start off by trying to copy Quen's face and go from there? Personally I've noticed that a lot of people use very soft, rounded features for female Altmer; often with long hair that frames the face and large eyes.

I don't think this is the look you're after, but for mine I decided to go for more angular, pointed features; then pulled back her hair and gave her very defined eyebrows to make her look a little more severe (to enhance her look of disdain towards her young, foolish enemies of course :p). Then I decided she needed fancy adornments because she's a fancy Altmer after all!

Faarawae%2Bsmall.jpg

I think her face type triangle was between heroic and angular, so I'd put yours closer to soft. Less angry-looking eyebrows would probably help too!

Edit: I just checked and apparently she's halfway between soft and angular, so there you go!

What's the chest piece she is wearing there?! It looks nice! And it has a necklace thingie too?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I'm talking about mostly a cute face, like that girl from the tg dlc

Maybe start off by trying to copy Quen's face and go from there? Personally I've noticed that a lot of people use very soft, rounded features for female Altmer; often with long hair that frames the face and large eyes.

I don't think this is the look you're after, but for mine I decided to go for more angular, pointed features; then pulled back her hair and gave her very defined eyebrows to make her look a little more severe (to enhance her look of disdain towards her young, foolish enemies of course :p). Then I decided she needed fancy adornments because she's a fancy Altmer after all!

Faarawae%2Bsmall.jpg

I think her face type triangle was between heroic and angular, so I'd put yours closer to soft. Less angry-looking eyebrows would probably help too!

Edit: I just checked and apparently she's halfway between soft and angular, so there you go!

What's the chest piece she is wearing there?! It looks nice! And it has a necklace thingie too?

That's the Altmer Hero costume.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LMar it's a dyed variant of the 'High Elf Hero' costume as @Abeille said. It was a limited time purchase from the Crown Store to represent the Altmer in the cinematic trailers.

I really like it on her, here's the whole outfit:

r8joFcv0kn968Sejhbfhm1O7WpqzmwhpdwPuq1jX0ZMnYp6-8qrmX2b3np6bqGauYrAv5-DIrw=w1080-h608-rw-no
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irredeemably_Bannaners.jpg
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LMar it's a dyed variant of the 'High Elf Hero' costume as @Abeille said. It was a limited time purchase from the Crown Store to represent the Altmer in the cinematic trailers.

r8joFcv0kn968Sejhbfhm1O7WpqzmwhpdwPuq1jX0ZMnYp6-8qrmX2b3np6bqGauYrAv5-DIrw=w1080-h608-rw-no

Ohh yes I should have recognised it. Good job on the dyeing part!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't know how to put screenshots in forums :lol: but my only advice is that the secret is in the eyebrows, don't use anything weird and with a soft face any altmer should look pretty
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

WHOA wait, wait, hold up. Is that Khajiit specific player Dialogue!? :o@altemriel
    Edited by ArchMikem on September 15, 2016 1:46PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Ohh yes I should have recognised it. Good job on the dyeing part!

Thanks, I was trying to make it match the colour of her facial adornments :).

PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the above is bosmer
    Options
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @arcadiadark, why not bosmer? I thought you loved them all? :p
    Edited by calia1120 on September 15, 2016 9:46PM
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »

WHOA wait, wait, hold up. Is that Khajiit specific player Dialogue!? :o@altemriel

I think it is the addon KhajiitiSpeak. I use it too, it's great.

Meet my characters:

Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    @arcadiadark, why not bosmer? I thought you loved them all? :p

Another character, I need an altmer for magika
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing I do is lock the sliders that are "non-negotiable" for me (like no ornaments or tattoos at first) then hit random a bunch of times to get some ideas
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • william19882007
    william19882007
    ✭✭✭
    This is my High Elf. Galadriel Pendragon

mbegpzlfh3mb.png
    ju3adou7hifi.png
    qinqaza4tweq.png
    Edited by william19882007 on September 16, 2016 4:16AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mbegpzlfh3mb.png
    ju3adou7hifi.png
    qinqaza4tweq.png

Plz, give me tutorial on the eyebrows
    Options
  • william19882007
    william19882007
    ✭✭✭

mbegpzlfh3mb.png
    ju3adou7hifi.png
    qinqaza4tweq.png

Plz, give me tutorial on the eyebrows

Lol here you go

hocbip838wl8.png
    Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all! I wanted to ask the community for help creating a beautiful female altmer character as I will soon be creating a female altmer but I suck at creating attractive female characters. since I'm going to be looking at my characters for great lengths of time, I am a bit picky on how they look, any suggestions on how to create a pretty female altmer? and no, maxing out certain sliders will not be ok...

That's the one race you would have to try to not make her attractive. They just have the supermodel look unless you junk them up.
    PS4 NA
    Options
This discussion has been closed.