Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Female altmer creation help

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all! I wanted to ask the community for help creating a beautiful female altmer character as I will soon be creating a female altmer but I suck at creating attractive female characters. since I'm going to be looking at my characters for great lengths of time, I am a bit picky on how they look, any suggestions on how to create a pretty female altmer? and no, maxing out certain sliders will not be ok...
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭
    Big bewbs and big ol' bootay.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about making them beautiful (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but I would suggest you have about 10 different names ready. Otherwise, you'll be looking for a name, after the first few are all ready taken, and the inactivity timer will log you out, and you'll have to start all over.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I don't know about making them beautiful (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but I would suggest you have about 10 different names ready. Otherwise, you'll be looking for a name, after the first few are all ready taken, and the inactivity timer will log you out, and you'll have to start all over.

I'm talking about mostly a cute face, like that girl from the tg dlc
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beautiful Altmer female is a contradiction... ;)
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • LaiTash
      LaiTash
      ✭✭✭
      I was thinking my altmer is pretty until i saw her in a dying room

Screenshot_20160913_030522.pngфото хостинг

No i guess i'll get eso+ after all... never trust the creation screen.
      Options
    • LaiTash
      LaiTash
      ✭✭✭
      * dyeing...
      Options
    • ListerJMC
      ListerJMC
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe start off by trying to copy Quen's face and go from there? Personally I've noticed that a lot of people use very soft, rounded features for female Altmer; often with long hair that frames the face and large eyes.

I don't think this is the look you're after, but for mine I decided to go for more angular, pointed features; then pulled back her hair and gave her very defined eyebrows to make her look a little more severe (to enhance her look of disdain towards her young, foolish enemies of course :p). Then I decided she needed fancy adornments because she's a fancy Altmer after all!

Faarawae%2Bsmall.jpg

I think her face type triangle was between heroic and angular, so I'd put yours closer to soft. Less angry-looking eyebrows would probably help too!

Edit: I just checked and apparently she's halfway between soft and angular, so there you go!
      Edited by ListerJMC on September 14, 2016 7:09AM
      PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
      "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
      Options
    • JamieAubrey
      JamieAubrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Vex Valentino

EqGm7AO.jpg
      Options
    • Ch4mpTW
      Ch4mpTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All I gotta say is, make sure she got the cakes. Handle that, and you pretty much can't go wrong. Srsly.
      Options
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hello all! I wanted to ask the community for help creating a beautiful female altmer character as I will soon be creating a female altmer but I suck at creating attractive female characters.

Beautiful is overrated. Finding beauty in one's flaws is true attractiveness. Make an average jane. Over time she'll grow on you, and that's the only thing that matters.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
      Options
    • Ch4mpTW
      Ch4mpTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »
      Hello all! I wanted to ask the community for help creating a beautiful female altmer character as I will soon be creating a female altmer but I suck at creating attractive female characters.

Beautiful is overrated. Finding beauty in one's flaws is true attractiveness. Make an average jane. Over time she'll grow on you, and that's the only thing that matters.

You sure about that, bruh-bruh? So, if you had the option to make a Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie-looking elf, you wouldn't? I mean with me personally, if I'm going to be looking at my character for hours and months on end...? I want them to at least be attractive. I want some form of eye candy, so that I never actually get bored of them. So yes, they have to be a looker.
      Options
    • Totalitarian
      Totalitarian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I try to make mine have as soft and human as a face as I can. Altmer tend to have big, long faces.

GOklKI7.png

Mine turned out pretty well.
      PC NA CP 531+
      Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
      Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
      Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
      The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
      Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
      Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
      Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
      Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
      The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
      Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
      The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
      Read their adventures!
      The Celestial Lady
      Options
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ch4mpTW wrote: »

You sure about that, bruh-bruh? So, if you had the option to make a Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie-looking elf, you wouldn't? I mean with me personally, if I'm going to be looking at my character for hours and months on end...? I want them to at least be attractive. I want some form of eye candy, so that I never actually get bored of them. So yes, they have to be a looker.

My girl isn't obese and butt ugly, but has a thick waist, flat as a board, and sliders for the limbs maxed. She's no poster girl at all but she's still attractive. Your tastes just seem to be more in line with what society and media tries to shove down our throats.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
      Options
    • Coatmagic
      Coatmagic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Best advice I can give is to roll up what you think looks good, screen shot the settings, then skip the tutorial and check yourself out well in the bright light of the starter area... I know I had a terrible time with some of the races.

Also, I have noticed that starting from the center of the triangle on the facial appearance is a good place to tweak things from. I'd post pics but it's too much of a pita on these forums xD

Oh and @LaiTash, that facial expression is a bug since they put in the new personalities. Various emotes as well as getting on your mount will fix it :)
      Options
    • Ch4mpTW
      Ch4mpTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ch4mpTW wrote: »

My girl isn't obese and butt ugly, but has a thick waist, flat as a board, and sliders for the limbs maxed. She's no poster girl at all but she's still attractive. Your tastes just seem to be more in line with what society and media tries to shove down our throats.

Nice. And n'ah, I like em' thick like oatmeal too. It's just that I tend to have odd preferences at times. That's all. Sometimes they fall in line with what society deems as beautiful, and other times they fall into what my opinions of beauty are. It's like flavors of food, bruh. Sometimes you want healthy and full of vegetables, and others you want spicy and full of zest. Lol. :D
      Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 13, 2016 7:43AM
      Options
    • Wolfchild07
      Wolfchild07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LaiTash wrote: »
      I was thinking my altmer is pretty until i saw her in a dying room

Screenshot_20160913_030522.pngфото хостинг

No i guess i'll get eso+ after all... never trust the creation screen.

There seems to be some sort of bug in game that regularly makes characters look angry all the time. If you go back to the character screen your characters should all have more neutral looks.
      Options
    • Schizoid-man
      Schizoid-man
      ✭✭
      Watch out for her height because High elves are meant to be the tallest race. My female Altmer has her height set to as low as possible and she is still very tall.
      Options
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

This. Beauty? Try anything else. :open_mouth:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
      Options
    • driosketch
      driosketch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ackwalan wrote: »

In this case, large eyes and small nose. Play with lip fullness and curvature to get the slightest, pleased hint of a smile. And over all try to round the face, less pointyness. Lastly, add subjectiveness, tons and tons of subjectiveness. I hear that really helps a lot.
      Edited by driosketch on September 13, 2016 6:43PM
      Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
      ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
      Options
    • Pandorii
      Pandorii
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd say try avoiding the altmer brown hair. I try use brown on all my characters, b/c I have brown hair. Both of my altmers went with the brown, and I regretted it so much later. It's dull compared to the brown available to other races. =D
      Options
    • waterfairy
      waterfairy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This pic doesn't do justice because it's an Xbox account, pause menu shot in poor lighting but I had a pretty Altmer sorceress...took this right before deleting her in case I wanted to recreate someday.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=bjOFxC20mYkj%2Bznf38gi2WlQK3xB8zz3fZrQVCDhd3U%3D&st=2016-09-13T18%3A49%3A05Z&se=2016-09-13T19%3A54%3A05Z&sp=r&__gda__=1473796445_a9104fdad5be44ba6b173b57e40baf9f

Options
    • Osteos
      Osteos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Watch out for her height because High elves are meant to be the tallest race. My female Altmer has her height set to as low as possible and she is still very tall.

I maxed out mine's height. She's astoundingly tall. I'm short so its fun playing an amazon. Also I get funny comments from other players I encounter occasionally.
      DAGGERFALL COVENANT
      NA PC
      Former Vehemence Member
      Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
      Options
    • Zerok
      Zerok
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Beautiful Dunmer female is worse :p
      Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
      Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
      Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
      Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
      Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
      Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
      Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
      Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's pretty easy to make pretty elves in this game. Their eyes are just beautiful. Start with the face triangle. Put it on "soft", then move about 1/3 towards "angular". That's on the range of what most people consider "pretty", I imagine.

I prefer more angular faces, myself.
      Pandorii wrote: »
      I'd say try avoiding the altmer brown hair. I try use brown on all my characters, b/c I have brown hair. Both of my altmers went with the brown, and I regretted it so much later. It's dull compared to the brown available to other races. =D

Yeah, the darkest one looks like chocolate milk :(
      It's such a shame they can't have black hair... Despite the fact that it is totally lore-accurate and was a possibility in other TES games.
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just be advised the black hair isn't available for the Altmer.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
      Options
    • geofhob14_ESO
      geofhob14_ESO
      ✭✭
      ON1fbb1.jpg
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just be advised the black hair isn't available for the Altmer.

I feel like I'm being made fun of :P
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • RoyalPink06
      RoyalPink06
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      On the triangle slider, I make it somewhere around a "soft/angular" mix. The heroic is quite harshly featured. I also put max height (my dro m'athra senche is bigger than most peoples' horses lol)

on mine, I angled the outer corners of her eyes up a bit more, and made the eyes a few clicks bigger on the slider (just be careful they don't become cartoony). Every character I have ever made has had green eyes because I have green eyes, and lets be real here, I'm a little bit biased in that regard :wink: The eyebrows I made neat and tidy, not thin but just a normal, manicured eyebrow. Too thin looks witchy. Too archy is no good either. I picked an eyebrow that had the arch off-centred towards the outer corner, rather than the arch directly above the pupil. I made the nose narrower in the bridge (but not Michael Jackson narrow), and just a few clicks longer on the slider. Keep the nostrils smaller. I keep the chin small and in line with the front of the face (if looking at the face from the side). For the lips, I make the top and bottom as close to the same size as I can get it. I pull the outer corners up just a smidge (go too far and for some reason you start to see teeth) so that it looks like she's smiling with her eyes and not scowling. on lighter skin, I would put lighter hair. Darker skin, darker hair.

I would post a pic of her but alas, I am at work.

have fun! would love to see a pic of your results.
      NA PS4
      Options
    • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What helps me when creating a new character is once I nail down the figure (the easy part) I get started on the face. It is helpful to me to use the randomizer. I start (for example) with the eyes and use the randomizer until I'm happy with the look and then lock it. Then I move on to other areas and do the same thing. Don't forget to lock each area once you are happy. Once I have finished all the facial areas I should be very close to the look I want and may only manually tweek certain areas afterwards. I hope that helps.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
      Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
      Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
      Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
      Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
      Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
      Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
      Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
      Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
      PC/NA - CP 2290+
      Options
    This discussion has been closed.