The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Troll king and orgnums scales

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @PenguinInACan One must only look at sets already in live to tell that items working on ALLIES usually work on yourself as well.......for instance there is one set that gives crit resist when you heal an ally.....it says pretty much exactly that...it works on yourself.......really the ONLY sets in game that work best in group REQUIRE SYNERGY USE...as in hiting X for the synergy.

They most likely do work on yourself if labeled "allies" in the tooltip. I haven't tested all of the sets that are labeled "allies" so I don't have the data to confirm this. However, if the tooltip says "allies" then the ability should effect "allies." If I am considered an ally to myself, then the tooltip should specify "yourself and allies" to avoid ambiguity.
    Marek
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please zos , i understand the use of helmet sets BUT your hurting crafted armor sets! many of them are going obsolete cause you keep introducing dropped sets that do the same thing or very similar thing but do FAR BETTER.

They will improve crafting set later

We need now something polished stuff like new sets wih onr Tamriel.

Do not just hold your self to old game style, adapt new change and move on..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 15, 2016 4:07AM
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord_Dexter Thing is i do adapt. But why should i be forced to wear a stupid looking helmet and single shoulder peice or a costume i have to pay money for? For me what i choose to wear is determined by 50% how it works and 50% what it looks like. Currently the use of money costumes is fine but there is no costume as of yet i want to wear ALL THE TIME. Sometimes i just want to stroll around in a unique looking armor style combo rather than walk around as just another helmet set wearing meta build.
    HOWEVER, that being said if they introduced a wardrobe system allowing me to customize what i appear to be wearing allowing one to set different parts of armor over what is actually being used THEN i wouldnt care what i looked like cause i would have the look i want. Some would call it vain BUT, this is a huge part of an MMO as if you cant decide what you look like what is the use of PLAY AS YOU WANT! I wanna look how i want to not look like every other tank in the game.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    i feel as though i have to bring to light that orgnums scales armor set is now obsolete! troll king only requires 2 peices of armor and gives a FAR LARGER regeneration bonus.
    after trying it on pts i discovered that just using the helmet set without any other regen sets i passed what i used to get with orgnums scales.

Well to be honest if someone hits you from range it might be hard to use orginum unless you got a self heal. For me I heal on aggressive with dual wield and sword and board.

So orginum can be good for a tank who tanks and if someone heals you with troll king set on you it helps out.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like asking dd builds not to do any damage. Tanks gonna tank. And will tank better just like dd bulds gonna do more dmg.

Actually, why you bother dueling with a tank in first place? Just get on with it. You like killing stuff left and right but there are also ppl who enjoy eat the dmg and survive.
    Edited by Soris on October 6, 2016 10:34AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #MakeAshenGripGreatAgain
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    I've tested troll king/beekeprs/green pact and with troll king proccing off of rapid on self heal i can hit 11k hp regen on a dk. 9.4 k on a mag templar. Haven't fought a DPS that could kill me in a duel yet.

Probably a terrible build in open world but for duels its practically unkillable with a lingering hp pot and s/b ult.

Can you kill anyone with this build in a duell?

Only if they get carried away with executes/dps at the end of their rotations for spiked bone shield/blazing to do the dps. Otherwise everyone (including myself) just gets bored and leaves the duel.

Also running Absorb Mag from S/B skill line heals for 6-7K running 60k hp when hit from spell projectile, practically rendering ranged mag attacks useless.

With Troll King/Orgnums/Radiant Aura
    uacrcfwmllng.png

With Orgnums/Radiant Aura
    ejaut8klh0uk.png

Base with Radiant Aura
    xxwmtk0w7iyg.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it intended for players to reach these types of HP regen? If so it renders duels useless as someone running this build can tank indefinitely until the opposing player forfeits.

are you EU? i'm pretty confident i can kill you in a fairly short duel. would love put my thesis to the test. sadly, i don't have my current equip on the pts in the outdated char copies
    Edited by Kas on October 6, 2016 12:02PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

are you EU? i'm pretty confident i can kill you in a fairly short duel. would love put my thesis to the test. sadly, i don't have my current equip on the pts in the outdated char copies

^This.^

Health regen is nice, but hits like a wet noodle ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 11, 2016 6:07PM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    I've tested troll king/beekeprs/green pact and with troll king proccing off of rapid on self heal i can hit 11k hp regen on a dk. 9.4 k on a mag templar. Haven't fought a DPS that could kill me in a duel yet.

Probably a terrible build in open world but for duels its practically unkillable with a lingering hp pot and s/b ult.

Only if they get carried away with executes/dps at the end of their rotations for spiked bone shield/blazing to do the dps. Otherwise everyone (including myself) just gets bored and leaves the duel.

Also running Absorb Mag from S/B skill line heals for 6-7K running 60k hp when hit from spell projectile, practically rendering ranged mag attacks useless.

uacrcfwmllng.png

ejaut8klh0uk.png

Base with Radiant Aura
    xxwmtk0w7iyg.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it intended for players to reach these types of HP regen? If so it renders duels useless as someone running this build can tank indefinitely until the opposing player forfeits.

I'd like to see that, please tell me the super burst you have in mind to take down 60khp and that ridiculous regen lol
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

uacrcfwmllng.png

ejaut8klh0uk.png

Base with Radiant Aura
    xxwmtk0w7iyg.png

Many health debuff sets and skills are available to kill such build.

I do not think, its even a matter of concern..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 23, 2016 10:52AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

uacrcfwmllng.png

ejaut8klh0uk.png

Base with Radiant Aura
    xxwmtk0w7iyg.png

Many health debuff sets and skills are available to kill such build.

I do not think, its even a matter of concern..

i guess you mean "healdebuffs"? If yes, they won't help bc they don't effect health regen.
    Noobplar
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget about the icp sheild with a health regen enchant
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think a few of you are confused about regen and defile. Regen is an independent stat that is never affected by any debuff. You can stack 10k health regen go up against a 110% defile build and still never die. The only way to kill a player with a health regen build is to out damage the regen. This is extremely challenging however this is the nature of REGEN. You should also be aware that regen ticks every 2 seconds. So if 10k Health regen thats 5k health every seconds. Regen is not considered a heal so it sufferers no reduction when in PVP.

Now you also have to consider the heavy armor passive constitution. This passive procs every 3 seconds. So if you are in 7 heavy you can see the number return. The issue that many players miss is the proc time on all the sets.

2 health Regen proc
    3 Constitution proc
    4 health regen proc
    6 health regen proc + Constitution proc
    8 heath regen proc
    9 Constitution proc
    10 health regen proc
    12 health regen proc + constitution proc

as you can see the resources never stop. Its a very very dismal play style. However I do believe this type of build is extremely well suited for BLAZING SHIELD TEMPLARS since the damage output is determined on the damage taken. "Creates damage shield for 30% Max Health that lasts 6 seconds. Each nearby target increases shield strength by 4%.Returns 50% of damage taken to nearby enemies when effect ends. You will not regenerate Magicka while the shield is active.
    New Effect:Deals damage when shield ends based on damage absorbed."

I have seen several players attempting this build style and It is very interesting. I do believe it can be an effective zerg buster if a player can master the sustain needed for magic and stam.

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    think a few of you are confused about regen and defile. Regen is an independent stat that is never affected by any debuff. You can stack 10k health regen go up against a 110% defile build and still never die. The only way to kill a player with a health regen build is to out damage the regen. This is extremely challenging however this is the nature of REGEN. You should also be aware that regen ticks every 2 seconds. So if 10k Health regen thats 5k health every seconds. Regen is not considered a heal so it sufferers no reduction when in PVP.

Now you also have to consider the heavy armor passive constitution. This passive procs every 3 seconds. So if you are in 7 heavy you can see the number return. The issue that many players miss is the proc time on all the sets.

2 health Regen proc
    3 Constitution proc
    4 health regen proc
    6 health regen proc + Constitution proc
    8 heath regen proc
    9 Constitution proc
    10 health regen proc
    12 health regen proc + constitution proc

as you can see the resources never stop. Its a very very dismal play style. However I do believe this type of build is extremely well suited for BLAZING SHIELD TEMPLARS since the damage output is determined on the damage taken. "Creates damage shield for 30% Max Health that lasts 6 seconds. Each nearby target increases shield strength by 4%.Returns 50% of damage taken to nearby enemies when effect ends. You will not regenerate Magicka while the shield is active.
    New Effect:Deals damage when shield ends based on damage absorbed."

I have seen several players attempting this build style and It is very interesting. I do believe it can be an effective zerg buster if a player can master the sustain needed for magic and stam.

You can't get the needed sustain in mag/stam with the build I've highlighted (as you can see by my screencaps regarding my dismal stam/mag and regen in those respective areas). HOWEVER there are sets that can emulate the 9k hp regen (4.5k hps) opening you up for more mag/stam regen OR spell/weapon dam. I have been testing suitable replacements since T1 hit live and with running modest spell dam (2500) and max mag (30k) I can still hit 8k hp regen (augmented by Hist Sap which IS effected by defile) in circumstances that allow Hist Sap to proc. (These circumstances are also crucial for Troll King as it proc's off of the Hist Sap heal)

The whole point of me posting the 9k Hp regen was to prove that if you were purely going to 1v1 or MAYBE 1v2-3 you can tank indefinitely with everything into HP. You will do minimal damage and you will have to learn to play without blocking/breaking free/rolling to circumvent the low stam. You will also have to learn to play with practically no mag (something I am used to from playing heavy armor mag templar since beta).

I believe we are starting to see more and more of these builds utilizing augmenting sets in order to reach decent mag/stam sustain in the 30k hp range. I personally run 23-25k hp and still can hit 3k hp regen PLUS Hist Sap when applicable. This effectively gives me 8k hp regen when disabled.

It's just frustrating that most players are leaning towards all active healing and foregoing passive healing in the current meta.
    Marek