The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Give us more weapon skills options: Bound weapons and Bound Bow

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard spellcraft was ready when he left, like.....it shuldnt be difficult to implement if they really wanted
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    I heard spellcraft was ready when he left, like.....it shuldnt be difficult to implement if they really wanted

You're right. The problem is they don't want to. For a game that promises players the ability to be effective however you want to play, they do a pretty good job of putting every player into a box with limited options.
    Edited by Rykmaar on September 10, 2016 11:47AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should add something cause it does gimp melee magic builds do to having duel wield by losing a lot of magicka control they need a spellsword skill line or change one of the crappy mages guild moves to convert stam weapon to magicka but only the light and heavy attacks not the skill line abilities
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykmaar wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    1) destro line separated into 3 elements
    2) add "conjure" skill line and add bound bow, bond sword, summon spectre, with an ultimate.

Summon attronach? :oknot:

Maybe an conjuration line which allows you to summon daedra or skeletons and a 2h weapns or a bow (doing the same than 2h and bow lines but with a cost in magicka instead of stamina per skill... and magic dmg)

The schools should be in this game without question. THey killed off spellcrafting, so we can't expect ZoS to give us a true TES experience.

Not completely killed off, pushed back after housing if I recall correctly. I am just a little concerned HOW will they even implement it? Just seems like it might be too easy to make broken skills unless it shows up being very very limited (Like only being able to tweak your own class skills from limited options).

The presentation they did on it in 2014 made it seem pretty robust. Basically, every base spell had 5 "morphs" that you could craft. It's not a free system like Morrowind or Oblivion, but allows for a lot of variety.
    I hope they pick it up again soon. It's been 10 years since we've had a TES game with spellcrafting, which is just ridiculous imo as it has been a staple of the series before Skyrim.

Yeah. Agreed.

Let's take a step back though and think about this. They kicked down a vibrant gameplay mechanic in favor of one they can monetize in the cash shop.

Spellcrafting would help the diversity issue, and it is needed. Badly.

Put that in, and address light armor to give a decent reason to wear it, and many of us will be happy.

I can understand that they wanted to get really large changes to the base game like Veteran Rank removal and One Tamriel finished before they add another huge system. But now it's about time. It should follow housing as the next system update.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. The problem is they don't want to. For a game that promises players the ability to be effective however you want to play, they do a pretty good job of putting every player into a box with limited options.

Yeah, i remember all that talk about "having a longsword in one bar and then changing to staff for ranged" when the game launched.....
    Today hybrid builds (other than tanks) are almost non existant, there is that one dude that uses pelynal but mostly its just a standard 2handed build with some magical glitter lol
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, i remember all that talk about "having a longsword in one bar and then changing to staff for ranged" when the game launched.....
    Today hybrid builds (other than tanks) are almost non existant, there is that one dude that uses pelynal but mostly its just a standard 2handed build with some magical glitter lol

That's exactly correct. Hybrid builds aren't competitive in PvE, so ZoS's own "play as you want" notion is bull. That's like telling someone that they hav ethe freedom to be ineffective--but play it off as if you actually are. Scummy marketing.
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    1) destro line separated into 3 elements
    2) add "conjure" skill line and add bound bow, bond sword, summon spectre, with an ultimate.

Summon attronach? :oknot:

Maybe an conjuration line which allows you to summon daedra or skeletons and a 2h weapns or a bow (doing the same than 2h and bow lines but with a cost in magicka instead of stamina per skill... and magic dmg)

The schools should be in this game without question. THey killed off spellcrafting, so we can't expect ZoS to give us a true TES experience.

Not completely killed off, pushed back after housing if I recall correctly. I am just a little concerned HOW will they even implement it? Just seems like it might be too easy to make broken skills unless it shows up being very very limited (Like only being able to tweak your own class skills from limited options).

The presentation they did on it in 2014 made it seem pretty robust. Basically, every base spell had 5 "morphs" that you could craft. It's not a free system like Morrowind or Oblivion, but allows for a lot of variety.
    I hope they pick it up again soon. It's been 10 years since we've had a TES game with spellcrafting, which is just ridiculous imo as it has been a staple of the series before Skyrim.

Yeah. Agreed.

Let's take a step back though and think about this. They kicked down a vibrant gameplay mechanic in favor of one they can monetize in the cash shop.

Spellcrafting would help the diversity issue, and it is needed. Badly.

Put that in, and address light armor to give a decent reason to wear it, and many of us will be happy.

I can understand that they wanted to get really large changes to the base game like Veteran Rank removal and One Tamriel finished before they add another huge system. But now it's about time. It should follow housing as the next system update.

One can only hope.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to break bad news bit bound armaments is bound weapons and it sucks
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah....we are talking about a new weapon skill line actually
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are less magic weapons skills because most class skills that deal damage lack stamina morphs. So magicka builds are actually expected to use those preferentially while stamina builds will mostly use the weapon skills. So I don't really see a problem here. There is actually a bound bow skill in one of the class skill lines.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    There are less magic weapons skills because most class skills that deal damage lack stamina morphs. So magicka builds are actually expected to use those preferentially while stamina builds will mostly use the weapon skills. So I don't really see a problem here. There is actually a bound bow skill in one of the class skill lines.

Excluding pure dots for obvious reasons
    Magicka dks have 1 skill with no stamina morph (flame whip)
    Magicka nbs have 1 skill with no stamina morph(swallow soul)

I know very well the classes i play on.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is actually a bound bow skill in one of the class skill lines.
    There isnt, assassins will is a gimmick that requires 4 light/heavy in a 20 sec window and then you can fire a shot and its gone.....
    Nothing even close to what is being proposed, you should play mDk or mNB more.

*** kitty AD Stamblade

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see just literally adding a mesh for this. Maybe when creating any weapon, you also use a glyph?

How this works; when crafting a sword you use rubedite, bone, citrine (sharpened, I think? Check pls), and a glyph of magicka. Once made, you could improve it with magicka glyphs per quality or even 8 kuta, more simply. Voila, bound sword. This could also make staves physical, if ZoS could figure out a way to make a more monk orieneed class.

I'm onboard, OP.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I can see just literally adding a mesh for this. Maybe when creating any weapon, you also use a glyph?

How this works; when crafting a sword you use rubedite, bone, citrine (sharpened, I think? Check pls), and a glyph of magicka. Once made, you could improve it with magicka glyphs per quality or even 8 kuta, more simply. Voila, bound sword. This could also make staves physical, if ZoS could figure out a way to make a more monk orieneed class.

I'm onboard, OP.

This was proposed early too and i really like it, if anything at least its some improvement to combat variety.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there going to be a serious balance issue if you can suddenly craft magicka based weapons and call them bound? Suddenly magicka have 6 weapon skill lines and the lions share of the class skills. Surely it would be much better to make a new bound weapons line, or to split destruction into separate elements, or to add a new magicka weapon line (such as 1h+talisman).
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭

If you are talking about merciless resolve that restricts access to this ability to one class.

Players need more options, period. Magicka users need more weapon options. Stamina users need more class options.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Isn't there going to be a serious balance issue if you can suddenly craft magicka based weapons and call them bound? Suddenly magicka have 6 weapon skill lines and the lions share of the class skills. Surely it would be much better to make a new bound weapons line, or to split destruction into separate elements, or to add a new magicka weapon line (such as 1h+talisman).

I personally dont want to use all weapons lines that stam users do, just a dual wield line would be enough for me, magical bow being a plus.

About balance, they dont need to be OP, like having skills stronger than wrecking blow or snipe for example...
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be DUAL STAVES option size are more little but they are more affective...

u can use very good dual enchantments too... one gives spell damage other is flame damage could be very good:D...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Bubba566
    Bubba566
    Soul Shriven
    I personally would love to see bound weapons in ESO. I thought the bound weapons system was cool in Skyrim and I would like to see it more like Skyrim than oblivion... Like I said though either way is fine because this would make a stamina scorc infinitely more viable.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As if stamina sorc wasn't already very viable.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if stamina sorc wasn't already very viable.

it is, for sure
    *** kitty AD Stamblade