The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

2.6 Eidetic Memory Fixed/Bugged Summary

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    You are a great help!
    Well I'm mostly doing it for myself but helping others at the same time isn't really that much more trouble. :#

Btw, could you add Page 71: Erendette's Account from Hew's Bane Bookshelf to the OP? It is from the same quest as Arrest Writ, I too have been unable to locate either of them post-quest (with 2.6.2 ofc).

Edit: And 'payment' for my 'request' o:)
    A Reminder from The Judge: Letters and Missives: Unphased now too.
    Edited by Kyoma on September 23, 2016 12:04AM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to look for my missing books first too ;)

With the fixes so far I only have 5 to go:

Eyes of the Queen (we know this is bugged)
    Plea to Maximinus
    Adainaz's Journal
    A Less Rude Song
    Captain Black Sword's Journal (new in 2.6)
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭

Plea to Maximinus
    Adainaz's Journal
    A Less Rude Song

There was one mention of A Less Rude Song being in the IC bookshelves and I've been searching for it ever since. The past few days (on live) I've been visiting about 80 unique bookshelves there per day (they have unique resets between campaigns) but so far I haven't run into it. I did find two other IC-only books I needed so it wasn't a complete waste.

About Adainaz's Journal, going by what it says here it has be in the last room of veteran Darkshade Caverns, or well, Darkshade Caverns II. I haven't had the chance to search for it on pts but I dont think it is there on live.

Also, Note From Commander Derre is definitely no longer obtainable when they changed large portions of the Lion's Den quest.

A couple of others that are missing for me and not in the OP
    • Agolas's Journal in Orsinium Archive, No location after quest, checked its original location, the place where the mug is burried, the prison and the inn where you can sell it. Tested with both quest choices. It can be missed if you do not pick up the quest in the prison and go to the camp where the journal is directly, then when you activate it you start the quest as opposed to simply opening/reading it as a book.

Btw, does this mean you have A Death Desired from Final Words? I cant find anything about that one. Nevermind, found it.

Edited by Kyoma on September 23, 2016 3:31PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks to @Peppo_Lives I do have "A Death Desired" (via @thawks )

Go to Sancre Tor in Cyrodiil, directly north of Fort Rayles Mine. Find the westernmost graveyard (there are two), and scale the cliff that towers above it; the easiest way is by scaling the lower rocks near the base of the nearby tower. Once you get on top, you'll find the book.

https://imgur.com/l631NVe

My guess is that A Less Rude Song might be an IC bookshelf book as I was missing quite a few of those due to the bizarre respawn. It is entirely possible my guess is wrong though!

I believe A Plea to Maximinus is hiding in Cyrodiil because of the relation to An Irate Employer.

I have not been able to check the final room of DSC II normal on the PTS, the dwemer horde in front of the door is a tad difficult to solo! (also if not found on normal, veteran would need to be checked as well, just in case)

Adding, Agolas' Journal and the 2.6.2 update for Commander Derre.
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble finding To Warlord Ice-Heart under Wrothgar Writings but its not listed here among the phased or bugged books. Anyone know where it can be located?
    Edited by inclinations on October 9, 2016 5:35AM
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I search this

The heart of Valenwood
    Rotten Bread and Spoiled Meat
    How Much Longer
    Eyes of the Queen Only
    Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation
    Arrest Writ (Hews Bane Bookshelf)
    The sublime Brazier (Imperial Library)
    Note from Commander Derre (Notes and Memos) Icant find this book near by Commander Derre in the Lions Den
    Plea to Maximus (Notes and Memos)
    Adainaz Journal (Research Notes)
    The Year 2920, part27 and Introduction to Aerdric Studies (Sanctum of Prowess Quest? Where can i get the Quest)
    A less rude Song (Words of the Poets)
    Edited by Holger30 on October 19, 2016 2:03PM
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think ZOS would make Eyes of the Queen available if you didnt do Hushed Whispers?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    The Gift of Arson: Daedric Cults: Abandoned Mine, Dawnbreak, Auridon, phases out with "Through the Ashes"

The Gift of Arson was un-phased with the patch. It can be found at it's original location in Auridon in the now empty Abandoned Mine (66 ; 83). Entrance of the mine, that's the tricky part, is at 52;33 just south-east of College Wayshrine.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »

Plea to Maximinus
    Adainaz's Journal
    A Less Rude Song

There was one mention of A Less Rude Song being in the IC bookshelves and I've been searching for it ever since. The past few days (on live) I've been visiting about 80 unique bookshelves there per day (they have unique resets between campaigns) but so far I haven't run into it. I did find two other IC-only books I needed so it wasn't a complete waste.

About Adainaz's Journal, going by what it says here it has be in the last room of veteran Darkshade Caverns, or well, Darkshade Caverns II. I haven't had the chance to search for it on pts but I dont think it is there on live.

Also, Note From Commander Derre is definitely no longer obtainable when they changed large portions of the Lion's Den quest.

A couple of others that are missing for me and not in the OP
    • Agolas's Journal in Orsinium Archive, No location after quest, checked its original location, the place where the mug is burried, the prison and the inn where you can sell it. Tested with both quest choices. It can be missed if you do not pick up the quest in the prison and go to the camp where the journal is directly, then when you activate it you start the quest as opposed to simply opening/reading it as a book.

Btw, does this mean you have A Death Desired from Final Words? I cant find anything about that one. Nevermind, found it.

where did you find A Death Desired? :open_mouth:

Edit: Okay found the post appreciate all the help!

Edit: Okay so the book is still escaping me :(
    Edited by WardogAce on October 12, 2016 5:32AM
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

• WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    I know there's a screenshot of the map available, but is it possible to get the screenshot of the game where you can find "A Death Desired?" I followed the description of the map and could not locate the book on the cliff described.

• evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Quick PTS update (Cross-posted there):

"The Heart of Valenwood" is now available where it should be.

"Arrest Writ", "Eyes of the Queen", and "Agolas's Journal" are still MIA.

No location found for "A Less Rude Song", "Plea to Maximinus", or "Captain Black Sword's Journal".
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to find "Notice: Pledge Duties"

Tips? Hints?
  • Knight_Nevarine
    Knight_Nevarine
    ✭✭✭
    Experiment Journal is still bugged at the Vile Manse, Reaper's March.
    Sometimes all items on the table just dont appear.
    Edited by Knight_Nevarine on March 23, 2017 1:31PM
  • VanIliriagon
    VanIliriagon
    ✭✭
    I have here a list of bugged eidetic memories as well (all quest related) :
    - Daggerfall Market Shopping List (Daggerfall)
    - Rhanbiq's notes (Stormhold/Shornhelm
    - Nahirah's journal (Satakalaam)
    - Eyes of the Queen only (Stormhold)
    I read all those memories as I finished the quest they were related to but they are not marked as read...

And I also have an issue with :
    - Letter to an aldarch (Torinaan {both location})
    Does anyone also have the same problem ?
    Edited by VanIliriagon on August 8, 2017 4:11PM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to find "Notice: Pledge Duties"

Tips? Hints?
    You can find it near the pledge quest givers. In Deshaan its right next to the merchant.

Edit: Ah lol rip, someone necro'd xD
    Edited by Kyoma on August 4, 2017 1:02PM