Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Duelling Arena!

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a nice new house round the back of the arena which (when we get player housing) may suit would-be gladiators perfectly :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS players seem to be back at dueling in the cities. Arena needs more incentive, at least a closer wayshrine.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes!!
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Duelling Arena will be only in Stormhaven?
    Edited by KiriX on September 8, 2016 6:48AM
    PC EU
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with the no duelling in towns. i m happy theyre catering to the pvp guys - but this is going to get out of hand real quick- with people duelling everywhere- fights going on non stop, especially if there are rewards or xp associated with it- it ll be grinding like rabbits. there has to be sparring and battle arenas-
    certain places where for it to count for your xp= you have to go. so if you fight int he big arenas- u get more xp- that will incentivise the best players to fight in certain areas- and the rest to practise elsewhere- and like real life- there should be disincentives to fighting in town for example loss of xp or fines or guards disciplining you.

basically it should emulate the system we have hanging by a thread in real life- the best fighters fight professionally and for money- but the rest of us can fight anywhere anytime- but there is a penalty for doing so if not in a safe and civilised environment. sure u can brawl outside a pub- but u ll spend the night in jail . same thing here. otherwise what was starting to look like a real world- will get out of hand and be stupid. there are a small but devoted group of RP who I'm sure feel the same- who want to just fish and craft and *** without 300 happening next to them. we gotta respect those gamers too.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    i agree with the no duelling in towns. i m happy theyre catering to the pvp guys - but this is going to get out of hand real quick- with people duelling everywhere- fights going on non stop, especially if there are rewards or xp associated with it- it ll be grinding like rabbits. there has to be sparring and battle arenas-
    certain places where for it to count for your xp= you have to go. so if you fight int he big arenas- u get more xp- that will incentivise the best players to fight in certain areas- and the rest to practise elsewhere- and like real life- there should be disincentives to fighting in town for example loss of xp or fines or guards disciplining you.

basically it should emulate the system we have hanging by a thread in real life- the best fighters fight professionally and for money- but the rest of us can fight anywhere anytime- but there is a penalty for doing so if not in a safe and civilised environment. sure u can brawl outside a pub- but u ll spend the night in jail . same thing here. otherwise what was starting to look like a real world- will get out of hand and be stupid. there are a small but devoted group of RP who I'm sure feel the same- who want to just fish and craft and *** without 300 happening next to them. we gotta respect those gamers too.

yes, dueling should be possible only outside of towns!! or should alert the guards if done in the city centres!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by altemriel on September 8, 2016 7:23AM
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    These spots could really be enhanced with Alchemy/glyph crafting stations located within the arena compound somewhere :3

In fact, all 5 crafting stations and a dye station could be really useful. This also goes for DSA and MA - show the arenas some inventory-management love!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I want to add Potions !
    Cause consumables (food, drink, potions) will play a huge role in Dueling.
    I am not alchemist and I am already at a disadvantage in Cyrodiil by being unable to craft tripots and too poor (and too casual - not enough time IRL) to buy them consistently.

Still I can match the top ranked players EU and when I loose I cannot stop thinking what if I had used too that Tripot I cannot afford to buy...

As a result, free use of consumables could be great.
    And if @ZOS_BrianWheeler you are serious about it (dueling) you should implement a dueling dress room where we could have access to all armors, all traits, all enchants, all mundi and all consumables to fight on equal grounds.

Otherwise still a win more, loose more game, another "rich" man game in Tamriel to artificially flatter once's ego.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EnOeZ I dont want to sound like a ***, but i know I will. I have duelled (and PvP'd in general) for the longest time without potions. It is very well possible and generally helps you to actually learn to manage your resources instead of just chugging a pot as soon as your pools drop low.
    If you really feel the need to pop a pot (maybe for alchemist) single stat dropped potions also just work fine, and those are very easy to access for anyone.

On another note, when you say "top ranked players" you say the players with the most AP, not the most skilled players. Matching the highest ranked players in 1v1 combat is very easy in most cases.
    Note that im not calling them bad, but they dont usually excell at 1v1s from my experience, simply because they spend most of their playtime working as a group, which requries a completely different skillset to solo PvP. (The only big exception i can think of here is Banana Squad (RIP) and some very dedicated solo players (also most RIP))
    Jo'Khaljor
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    @EnOeZ I dont want to sound like a ***, but i know I will. I have duelled (and PvP'd in general) for the longest time without potions. It is very well possible and generally helps you to actually learn to manage your resources instead of just chugging a pot as soon as your pools drop low.
    If you really feel the need to pop a pot (maybe for alchemist) single stat dropped potions also just work fine, and those are very easy to access for anyone.

On another note, when you say "top ranked players" you say the players with the most AP, not the most skilled players. Matching the highest ranked players in 1v1 combat is very easy in most cases.
    Note that im not calling them bad, but they dont usually excell at 1v1s from my experience, simply because they spend most of their playtime working as a group, which requries a completely different skillset to solo PvP. (The only big exception i can think of here is Banana Squad (RIP) and some very dedicated solo players (also most RIP))

You misread me or I did not make myself clear.

Of course you should optimize your resource management, but when you loose a very close duel and you notice three uses of tripots by your opponent while you have only used regular Cyrodiil pots, well it hurts because come on we also fight for fame and honor.

And we want to win (or loose) "honorably". Regular pots work "fine" you say... what I disagree compared to BiS. Perhaps because you wear light or medium and/or play a class with excellent resource management.

As a solo player I fully agree to your last paragraph though.