Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Daily Quests

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new daily quests in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?
  • Did you try any with a group? If so, did you find it to be fun?
  • Did you like the new rewards?
  • Was it clear if a quest was repeatable or not?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here' are my first impressions.

Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?

I did one of each on my max level templar with all the map POI's unlocked.

Did you try any with a group? If so, did you find it to be fun?

Soloed.

Did you like the new rewards?

Mages' Guild: 332g, MG crate with Green CP160 Glyph, 5 x Level 50 Magicka Elixir, 3 pieces of level 50 ornate gear, and a new style mat (Dreugr).

Fighters' Guild: 332g, FG crate with 5 x Level 50 Stamina Elixir, 3 pieces of level 50 ornate gear, and a 4 stack of CP150 poison.

Undaunted: 332g, Undaunted crate with 5 x Level 50 Health Elixir, 3 pieces of level 50 ornate gear, and a 3 stack of white Health recovery drink, and 3 stack of white max health food.

IMHO, the consumables should be at least usable by the character. Since the gear was all ornate, it was clear that was to be sold. Having access to max level alchemist and provisioner, I would just sell the stuff to a vendor or possibly just take the motif or style item and destroy the rest depending on how full my inventory was.

Overall, I was underwhelmed by the rewards, as a max level character, but would do them until I got the associated achievements and crafting motifs.

Was it clear if a quest was repeatable or not?

Not initially. I recall talking to the mage npc after turn-in and he said comeback tomorrow.

However, I didn't have the new repeatable indicator turned on.

Do you have any other general feedback?

These quests will put new players at a disadvantage as they may not have unlocked the target zone, it's wayshrines, or POI's (Delve, Public Dungeon, Dolmens). The mystery of finding the dolmens in a region is gone as the dolmens locations are circled on the map.

The fighters' guild will be an interesting to collect the dolmen achievements in addition to the new ones.

Of the three quests done, the stories were interesting.

It was fun to go back and revisit a places I hadn't been in a while.

Edit:
    I tried the quests again as a new character and discovered I couldn't get the quests until I had unlocked the Guild Skill Lines. This was not a problem with the FG and MG as I just went back to the starter town and talked to the guild NPCs.

Also, a hint popped up to explain the NPC's were offering a daily quest that is repeatable.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on September 3, 2016 9:35AM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?
    I tried the Undaunted Delve daily quest

I did it with a group of two, and with two 300CP characters it is a bit too easy.

Not at all, as they didn't suit my level.
    Screenshot_20160903_125048.png

Yes

Nope, just make the rewards suitable for a person's level.
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Tried undaunted daily. Was at first unclear that it was repeatable. Could share quest with friend so that was a plus.
    Reward was a green box with only level 50 no CP or 50CP items, this seems like a bug.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS, i got quests for taking out Dark Anchors in Malabal Tor, and today Greenshade. Neither were zones that the template character hasn't been in from before. Is it possible for you to make it so you can only get repeateables from zones you've actually been in?
    Edited by Maotti on September 3, 2016 12:01PM
    PC EU
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delves in the base game were expanded in Updates 3, 4, 5 and 6 and then abandoned leaving delves in Deshaan, Shadowfen, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Stormhaven and Rivenspire untouched with the boring “loop” design found at PC release. With these zones being more viable for play now, desired sets being found in those zones, and new dailies occurring in these zones, the mission of updating these delves really should be completed.

Thanks. ;-)
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭

All of them.

No, no group! But still, lots of fun!

Well I got excited when I got a Pristine Shroud. But as the other players say up there, the drops are really low level. I did it with a Pact template of CP300.

YES. Seriously, that thing of changing the icon in the compass, I knew it perfectly.

I love it. The more daily quests you put the more fun the game gets. Because when I get bored I just go do them and maybe I'm lucky and get stuff. I really like it. I liked more the FG ones, but that's just my opinion :) Good job on the update in general, keep this up, I love it.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted and Fighters guild. Getting to each the quest givers in Eldon Root involves too much running round, I wish the locations were closer to the wayshrine.

Solo, they were fun. The Fighters Guild quest involved three dolmens, and one of them had a general, which was nice.

The undaunted rewards were very underwhelming, mostly just junk to sell.

For the Fighters Guild quest I received a purple Necklace of Mothers Sorrow with Arcane, which was decent, for one of my other characters.

Yes

I was happy I could level the undaunted skill line solo, since grouping has been an issue for me. The dolmen chests are easier to see.
    Edited by GlassHalfFull on September 3, 2016 7:22PM
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    Hi ZoS, i got quests for taking out Dark Anchors in Malabal Tor, and today Greenshade. Neither were zones that the template character hasn't been in from before. Is it possible for you to make it so you can only get repeateables from zones you've actually been in?

Templates have one wayshrine unlocked in every zone, no? At least mine do, I can access them all. Which is very great compared to earlier templates!

But, yes I wonder how it's going to be for new players. Likely the same manner as Dark Brotherhood repeatable I guess?
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Delves in the base game were expanded in Updates 3, 4, 5 and 6 and then abandoned leaving delves in Deshaan, Shadowfen, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Stormhaven and Rivenspire untouched with the boring “loop” design found at PC release. With these zones being more viable for play now, desired sets being found in those zones, and new dailies occurring in these zones, the mission of updating these delves really should be completed.

Thanks. ;-)
    Agreed. If they are becoming more commonly visited, they should be interesting places to visit repeatedly, so those remaining dungeons really need to be expanded.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are terrible for the delve dailies. Dailies should not reward vendor fodder. You'd be better off just running in circles and grabbing trash from grinding. I hope you see how bad these rewards are.

Edited by TheValkyn on September 4, 2016 1:56AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    The rewards are terrible for the delve dailies. Dailies should not reward vendor fodder. You'd be better off just running in circles and grabbing trash from grinding. I hope you see how bad these rewards are.
    Isn't the point of the dailies more about leveling the guild skill lines rather than about the rewards?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did all 3.

Undaunted reward very underwhelming. No-one uses white food even at the correct level, this would be better replaced with something useful.

I found it odd that the Undaunted one sent me to a delve, as all delves can be easily soloed. I've only done 1 so far, can they also send you to world bosses? As these have been beefed up, I would find that infinitely preferable. I don't object to being sent back to delves and seeing a bit of life in them mind you, perhaps Mages Guild (where the entire questline is mostly forced solo) dailies should send you to delves, and Undaunted send you to public dungeons and world bosses. Just a thought.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 4, 2016 7:29PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Amarynth
    Amarynth
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Isn't the point of the dailies more about leveling the guild skill lines rather than about the rewards?

If so, the quests definitely need to reward more guild progression, because my mages guild advanced 5 points (the same as reading a lorebook) when I turned in the quest.
    Edited by Amarynth on September 5, 2016 1:36AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I did all 3.

Undaunted reward very underwhelming. No-one uses white food even at the correct level, this would be better replaced with something useful.

I found it odd that the Undaunted one sent me to a delve, as all delves can be easily soloed. I've only done 1 so far, can they also send you to world bosses? As these have been beefed up, I would find that infinitely preferable. I don't object to being sent back to delves and seeing a bit of life in them mind you, perhaps Mages Guild (where the entire questline is mostly forced solo) dailies should send you to delves, and Undaunted send you to public dungeons and world bosses. Just a thought.
    I agree that it would make more sense for Mages Guild to send you to Delves and Undaunted to send you to Public Dungeons; that fits the mantras of those guilds better.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild Daily observations, Level 30 template character. Today's quest went to Obsidian Scar.

The required relic was located in the Group Challenge room of the Public Dungeon. Since the Mages Guild is primarily a solo affair, and there was no notification from the quest giver that a group would be required, this is the worst possible outcome. Being in a Public Dungeon at all suggests that a group would be recommended; sticking it in the Group Challenge room means that a group is all but required to be able to access the relic. This setup does not fit the Mages Guild at all, and would be much better suited to the Undaunted.

The quest rewarded 10 Rep for the Mages Guild; these quests will therefore be a good alternative for ranking up in the Guild, but only if they can be completed solo like the other Mages Guild quests, otherwise people may not bother.

The reward inside the "Mages Guild Merits" box was a Weapon Enchantment (Green, Lvl 25), 5x Potion of Magicka (Lvl 30), a standard cotton sash (White, Lvl 30, Ornate), a standard leather belt (White, Lvl 30, Ornate), and a standard orichalc axe (White, Lvl 30, Ornate). By virtue of them being White and Ornate, it is clear these are intended to be vendor trash. It would be more rewarding if at least one of the gear items was intended for use (ie, Green with a worthwhile trait), rather than intended for vendoring.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spent a couple hours roaming around with two different characters this morning.

overall was good. Did some delving, some overland fighting, some harvesting and a world boss afternoon feeding or two (when i was fed to the world boss - ouch)

Very well done and enjoyable.

Wanted to do mages guild and fighter guild dailies so i went to mages guild in glenumbra, rawklka and in auridon but i did not see any obvious quest here type of markers. i was expecting that like the wrothgar, gold coast hews bane type dailies they would be showing up when you got close to the "guilds" or inside.

if they were there, i did not see them.

This may be me being oblivious - i am actually visually impaired but dont have issues ever finding the other dailies.

So this is feedback saying THESE NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE locatable.

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you earn undaunted XP from doing the undaunted dailies?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Daily Observations, Level 30 template character. Today's quest went to Norvulk Ruins.

The quest required activating three locations in the dungeon (to return cursed relics), and defeating the dungeon boss. This was very easy to do solo, and as such is a bit of a strange objective to be offered by a Guild which focuses on group activities and hard challenges. This setup does not really fit the Undaunted at all, and would be much better suited to the Mages Guild.

The quest rewarded 5 Rep for the Undaunted.

The reward inside the "Undaunted Merits" box was 5x Potion of Health (Lvl 30), 3x Athlete's Guzzle (Lvl 25), 3x Salted Code (Lvl 25), a standard orichalc helm (White, Lvl 30, Ornate), standard cotton epaulets (White, Lvl 30, Ornate), and a standard orichalc sword (White, Lvl 30, Ornate). Once again, it is clear these are intended to be vendor trash. Despite the box being Green, there were no Green items inside, which is very misleading. As above, it would be more rewarding if at least one of the gear items was intended for use (ie, a Green item, to match the colour of the box), rather than intended for vendoring.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The required relic was located in the Group Challenge room of the Public Dungeon. Since the Mages Guild is primarily a solo affair, and there was no notification from the quest giver that a group would be required, this is the worst possible outcome. Being in a Public Dungeon at all suggests that a group would be recommended; sticking it in the Group Challenge room means that a group is all but required to be able to access the relic. This setup does not fit the Mages Guild at all, and would be much better suited to the Undaunted.
    All of the Mages Guild relics appear to be located basically on top of the group challenge of a public dungeon. A group of us checked about 4 or 5 of them on Friday, and all of them were at the group challenge. To be honest, I find the group challenges to be pretty easy to solo (except for the one in Alik'r that can't be activated by just one person), so it won't cause me any issues. That's not necessarily the case for newer players, though, and I'd agree that it seems strange that a guild whose main quests are all solo-only would have daily quests that seem to be intended for groups, while a guild whose quests are all group-only (Undaunted) would have daily quests that seem to be intended to be done solo.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

overall was good. Did some delving, some overland fighting, some harvesting and a world boss afternoon feeding or two (when i was fed to the world boss - ouch)

Wanted to do mages guild and fighter guild dailies so i went to mages guild in glenumbra, rawklka and in auridon but i did not see any obvious quest here type of markers. i was expecting that like the wrothgar, gold coast hews bane type dailies they would be showing up when you got close to the "guilds" or inside.

This may be me being oblivious - i am actually visually impaired but dont have issues ever finding the other dailies.

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

They are in the alliance capitals of Wayrest, Elden Root, and Mournhold (MG and FG) and the undaunted enclave, just outside the alliance capital (Undaunted daily) - you went to all the wrong places, I personally think that they are easy enough to find, thinking logically.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

They are in the alliance capitals of Wayrest, Elden Root, and Mournhold (MG and FG) and the undaunted enclave, just outside the alliance capital (Undaunted daily) - you went to all the wrong places, I personally think that they are easy enough to find, thinking logically.
    And to be clear, it works like the Undaunted dailies and pledges - you can pick them up at any of the alliance capitals, but to turn them in you have to go to the capital of your own alliance.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

You know, i suspected that might be the case however to me since oneT wants every zone to be useful, i thought they would work at any zone or at least the starter zones where you first joined mage and fighter guild. these being only in three zones makes it a little less go anywhere a feel to me but hey, no biggie.

THANKS for the (literal) pointers.

Will try them tomorrow.
    Edited by STEVIL on September 5, 2016 12:01AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

You know, i suspected that might be the case however to me since oneT wants every zone to be useful, i thought they would work at any zone or at least the starter zones where you first joined mage and fighter guild. these being only in three zones makes it a little less go anywhere a feel to me but hey, no biggie.

THANKS for the (literal) pointers.

Will try them tomorrow.

Yeah I know what you mean, although I found the quests without any problem, it would be better if there were questgivers in the guild buildings in every zone (just so you could pick up the daily in any zone, not just capitals) - especially now that it is possible to race through the main quest at very low level and skip alliance zones entirely, there's no guarantee that anyone new to the game will even visit the capital.

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I did all 3.

I agree that it would make more sense for Mages Guild to send you to Delves and Undaunted to send you to Public Dungeons; that fits the mantras of those guilds better.

Just echoing this sentiment. It's most likely too late, but they can be switched at any time in the future.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

So, can you? Please

PC EU
    PvP only
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, can you? Please
    Yes, you do. All 3 of the new dailies (Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted) are alternate methods of leveling their respective guild skill lines. They are also shareable in a similar fashion to Wrothgar world boss dailies, so you can do many in a single day if you group up with people who get different quests.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

So, can you? Please
    Yes, you do. All 3 of the new dailies (Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted) are alternate methods of leveling their respective guild skill lines. They are also shareable in a similar fashion to Wrothgar world boss dailies, so you can do many in a single day if you group up with people who get different quests.

Thank you thank you.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Thanks. ;-)

I agree. But they won't do it.
    Rich said it at Pax West : "We prefer to develop new stuff instead of revamping old stuff".
    That translates into "okay, we did One Tamriel because we had to, to make the entire game "replayable", but now we must focus on new stuff sellable as DLC, anything "base game" we cannot sell as DLC".

For the same reason, they will probably never add "story II" to all the old dungeons that don't have one yet.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 5, 2016 7:24AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mages Guild and Undaunted daily need to be swapped.
    It makes absolutely no sense for the MG daily to send you to a Public Dungeon, while the UD send you to delves.
    It should be the other way around.

Next, the rewards only scale to lvl 50.
    They don't account CPs, so players cannot get suitable level potions, food and drinks.

Last thing, I think these dailies should always reward a set item corresponding to which zone they were done in.
    Otherwise, I don't see much future for those dailies.
    Not if people can simply farm the world and delve bosses for the sets.
    These kind of limiting daily quests are perfect for prolonging game content (and WOW, these dailies apply to basically EVERY zone) if you simply tie them to a worthwhile incentive.

I believe the state of the game and the economy would be much more healthy long term if the zone sets would drop 100% from guild dailies, but have a reduced drop rate from bosses.

We need less grinding, more repeatable content.
    Edited by Dubhliam on September 5, 2016 11:46AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    The Mages Guild and Undaunted daily need to be swapped.
    It makes absolutely no sense for the MG daily to send you to a Public Dungeon, while the UD send you to delves.
    It should be the other way around.

Next, the rewards only scale to lvl 50.
    They don't account CPs, so players cannot get suitable level potions, food and drinks.

Last thing, I think these dailies should always reward a set item corresponding to which zone they were done in.
    Otherwise, I don't see much future for those dailies.
    Not if people can simply farm the world and delve bosses for the sets.
    These kind of limiting daily quests are perfect for prolonging game content (and WOW, these dailies apply to basically EVERY zone) if you simply tie them to a worthwhile incentive.

I believe the state of the game and the economy would be much more healthy long term if the zone sets would drop 100% from guild dailies, but have a reduced drop rate from bosses.

We need less grinding, more repeatable content.

I was about to write a post mentioning all those points, but you did it very well so I just quote you for truth and agreement.