The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

there I was sneaking around and......

borgking
borgking
✭✭✭
pulling and killing enemy 2-3 at a time thinking I was the bees knees when all of a sudden some dude comes running around the beach.. all sort of transparent and electrified with bolts of lighting all around him...he/she proceeded to pull every zombie in the vicinity (about 10 of them) stopped and was surrounded by zombies then BAM!...within a few seconds they were all left in a smouldering heap to which he/she ran off to clear the beach.
Now I'm just your everyday PVE player that plays through a game and like most ppl do well at times and struggle like hell other times but seriously this dude made the game look like a stroll in the park.
Does anyone have any idea what build this player may of been using?
TBH I love the sneaking around build but this type of game play does not fare well in vet dungeons and I struggle a bit using the bow to cause the damage I would like to do..before you say...I do swap over to swords during combat at times but prefer to use bow most times.
But I was impressed with the players damage that I saw yesterday.
thanks
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like overload
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like maybe a sorcerer running lightning form, lightning staff, and maybe putting lightning splash and/or wall of elements where they stopped? Maybe combined with pulsar? It is pretty easy to do what you described, as it would be all AoE shock damage, and gives a chance to proc implosion passive (which leaves ash piles instead of bodies).
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it just sounds like this person knows how to properly use AoE. Combo of boundless storm, liquid lightning, wall of elements and maybe pulsar. Any group of overworld mobs will be dead in seconds.

When you have a good grasp of how the game mechanics work, anything that isn't inside a vet dungeon or a trial becomes mind-numbing easy.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is balanced to be challenging to an average player using average gear. If you know what you are doing and have good equipment, the game does feel like walk in the park.

For example, you can solo the 4-man dungeons.
    Options
  • sigsergv
    sigsergv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see sometimes people who kill giants in Wrothgar in 2 seconds.
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The game is balanced to be challenging to an average player using average gear. If you know what you are doing and have good equipment, the game does feel like walk in the park.

which is very sad developers need to do what dark souls does and not baby players
    but all games should have a learning curve

but real reason its all cp game 90% of the game isn't made with cp in mind
    Edited by lucky_Sage on August 30, 2016 1:06PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a sorcerer using lightning form (from your description of the character) and AoE.

Good AoEs for magicka builds include Wall of Elements and Pulsar from the destruction staff line, and (if you are surrounded by enough) Proxy Detonation from the Alliance War skill lines. These ones don't care about your class.

I am less skilled in stamina builds, but Steel Tornado from the dual wield line is probably the strongest AoE on the stamina side. (Dual wield is very much about AoEs).
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    right ok ...ive faild 5 times to protect this adept at a portal while waves of enemy come out...I cant get past the 3rd wave...so here i'm thinking to recheck my armour and skills for my bow and sword before I try again.

cant see anything better to help other than to try a better tactic whilst fighting to maybe keep my distance and attack from a distance.I go back to restart the attacks and BLOODY BIG BAM!
    the same electrified dude is already at the portal and is on the 3rd and final wave....I quickly get a couple of bow shots off before they are all killed by this dude and then its over.
    he completed in a minute what I couldnt do in 20.

I feel like a failure..:(

if i see the dude again im gonna try to be quick and try talk to him to find out his build.
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    borgking wrote: »
    right ok ...ive faild 5 times to protect this adept at a portal while waves of enemy come out...I cant get past the 3rd wave...so here i'm thinking to recheck my armour and skills for my bow and sword before I try again.

cant see anything better to help other than to try a better tactic whilst fighting to maybe keep my distance and attack from a distance.I go back to restart the attacks and BLOODY BIG BAM!
    the same electrified dude is already at the portal and is on the 3rd and final wave....I quickly get a couple of bow shots off before they are all killed by this dude and then its over.
    he completed in a minute what I couldnt do in 20.

I feel like a failure..:(

if i see the dude again im gonna try to be quick and try talk to him to find out his build.

It seems like you need to take a hard look at your build and figure out what you are/aren't doing that is working. For the solo overworld content you are doing, I recommend checking out some pvp and vMA builds for ideas, as both of those are designed to be self sufficient, survivable, and high damage. Try tamrielfoundry.com.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sorc and has lightning form and shock ring and or elemental blockade with a lightning staff. Fun
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that can be key is the use of damage over time skills. Otherwise you can at most do about one weapon attack and one skill per second (you do "weave" weapon light attacks between your skills, right?). Mixing in DoTs that continue to do damage while you are weaving your main skills and attacks is a good way to bump up your overall damage.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE is all about the AoEs and Crit.

Stam has bombard, caltrops, steel tornado, and some class specific moves like hurricane

My PvE sorc likes: Elemental Blockackade, Liquid Lightning, Boundless Storm, and then some times soul trap (wtf? I know!) Proxy det or something that's a hit it forget it move. Streak is an AoE too and I use the familiar for AoE and then Valkyn cuz it procs all the time with that many dots (5 I believe goin at once)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @borgking Putting up a bunch of dots and aoes with one skill bar, switching, and piling on top of those with single target or more concentrated damage helps - are you using all your applicable skills in every tough fight?

Once you've tested a bunch of skills, you will find what fits your play style while being efficient. Adapting to new skills and builds keeps the game interesting, but don't be afraid to bend the cookie-cutter to your own taste.

You'll feel much more proud piecing together your own custom build that can do for you what you saw that guy doing.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you describe sounds not only powerful, but beautiful.

I have a "maomer" that I'm leveling up as a storm mage. I'll have to figure that out.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    Yeah, it just sounds like this person knows how to properly use AoE. Combo of boundless storm, liquid lightning, wall of elements and maybe pulsar. Any group of overworld mobs will be dead in seconds.

When you have a good grasp of how the game mechanics work, anything that isn't inside a vet dungeon or a trial becomes mind-numbing easy.
    Sharee wrote: »

I decided to use underleveled gear and not assign any CP as I leveled my Sorcerer and it was still mind numbingly easy. :(
    Soloing 4-man dungeons is about the only potential challenge left to solo engagement that isn't Maelstrom Arena. I'm even using a leveling setup, not even optimized for fighting, and I still solo dungeons. :/
    Soloing dungeons is a bit of fun, but its not quite as frantic as I'd like at times. Boss fights get pretty drawn out and its easy to work around their attacks. Its the mobs that provide some mental stimulation as there's often too many to keep track of simultaneously.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Prox det?
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was a sorcerer running lightning form or one of its morphs..

what level are you and what level was he, he may have been in an area way below his level and that is why it looked to easy.

He may have been farming worms for fishing.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose he was high level veteran (many CPs), right?
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. It was defenetely sorc.
    2. Common non-boss mobs can be wiped in any nombers by any class with combination of AoE skills. (There are even some locations that are used for grinding where mobs spawns in great nombers and you can pull together large group and kill them all very quickly with AoE)
    Options