The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Waiting On Nerf For Fear ..

• Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh it's ok, after you get feared you can't be CCed for another 5s

Right?! :/

F*** no
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    I play the squishiest magplar imaginable. Even I can survive fear 90% of the time.

That said, whomever hit me with a fear/ice comet combo 2 days ago, hats off. I wasn't getting out of that one with mist form!

So yeah, L2P.

You are either full of it or play on a server with the worst NB's in the world. I play a tanky DPS Magplar in heavy armor with 30k health and I keep my transmutation buff up at all times during fights so I have 3200 crit resist and sure I'll survive being feared once IF I'm at full health but when I CC break (if it lets me break at all) and I'm feared again one second later that's a death sentence.

I'm neither full of it nor play on a scrub server. I play on XB NA Scourge which is the 30 day campaign.

Are there times where it's troublesome? Sure. But, like I said, 9 times out of 10 it's not a problem. I can use Breath of Life the moment the fear ends and survive. It's not that hard.

Also, if it's that bad of a situation I'll pop mist form and get out of dodge.

Usually by that point the NB has used up most of their resources and then proceeds to get melted by the 40,000 magic I still have left.

So yeah, L2P. Also, L2 stop relying on the garbage known as crit resistance.

Have to agree with this crit res nonsense. It's useless. Go full power or go home. Why live longer when you can kill quicker.

But OT. Fear is a joke. I've just had a 1v1 with another magblade and we couldn't kill each other and we were both fearing each other as a defense lol. I'd fear them and they'd break and fear me, I'd break and fear them, they'd be annoyingly hard to hit and cloak and come back for more and repeat repeat repeat lol proper stupid. It needs a cool down and or not make you run as far or last as long. The snare at the end is a pig too. Why do I need to go so slow after such a long run with full stam? Nerf it like bol at least, reduce it down to 2 people.

Because living longer can mean the difference between life and death too. Why kill quicker when you run the risk of dying before securing the kill? It's a gambit when you play the die hard card, but less of a gambit when you play the survival card. Dueling is going to change how PvP is thought of incredibly drastically because no zergs.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they nerf fear then Night blades will be destroyed @ pvp

Naw, can just go back to spamming cloak....which needs the bolt escape treatment.
    Just give every skill the Bolt Escape treatment and let it all come down to who has the set of gear that procs the 50k damage first.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a problem with fear, you have a problem with any cc and are just bad at this games pvp.

I love when i happen to get feared and i start running counter to the enemies direction and they can't hit me. That's great.

If you live in Australia or some place with terrible ping then sure it sucks, but so does every other thing in this game with that stuff happening.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    If fear, an AoE hard cc doesn't break on damage then let's change fossilise and rune cage to not break on damage either. No nerfs just balancing everything out. Everyone gets the nightblade treatment and before anyone says oh but the other two last longe, yeah they do but they only affect one person.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bdawwg wrote: »
    If fear, an AoE hard cc doesn't break on damage then let's change fossilise and rune cage to not break on damage either. No nerfs just balancing everything out. Everyone gets the nightblade treatment and before anyone says oh but the other two last longe, yeah they do but they only affect one person.
    If you really want to follow that logic, it's time to give every class the same skills except with different names.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love when i happen to get feared and i start running counter to the enemies direction and they can't hit me. That's great.

100% this.

Fear actually has some funny results on occasion. The worst is when you're feared back and forth between two people or off of a ledge.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like fear should only stun 2 people and not reduce damage. It'll make the Nightblade class a little harder to play but not by much. And for the ones who say you can't break it it's cause whenever you dodge roll and get fear you break and it does the animation for breaking free but you still are feared and I think it's dodge roll causing it.

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like fear should only stun 2 people and not reduce damage. It'll make the Nightblade class a little harder to play but not by much. And for the ones who say you can't break it it's cause whenever you dodge roll and get fear you break and it does the animation for breaking free but you still are feared and I think it's dodge roll causing it.

To be fair simply using Mass Hysteria grants the user Major Resolve and Ward due to Shadow Barrier so damage is reduced anyway.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 30, 2016 8:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nermy ..thanks man, you got me laughing in the bathroom at work...geez, I hope nobody walks by the door...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    So they are going to make changes to an ability that has been in game for 2 years and 4 months? Because you are troubled by it? Hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa... NO!

I highly doubt time has any bearing on whether or not they make any adjustments to anything. See:
    • Streak and morphs
    • Conjured Ward and morphs
    • Wrecking Blow/Dizzying Swing
    • Bombard
    • Reflective Scales/Defensive Stance and morphs
    • Haste
    • Gap closers
    • Ninglenel
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair simply using Mass Hysteria grants the user Major Resolve and Ward due to Shadow Barrier so damage is reduced anyway.[/quote

Yes I know the damage is reduced anyway but then you fear and get 15% less damage from 3 people on top the resistance... Like Im pretty sure some abilitys reduce the dmg by 15% but to only one person. It's makes it easier for nbs to survive easily in 1vX.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To be fair simply using Mass Hysteria grants the user Major Resolve and Ward due to Shadow Barrier so damage is reduced anyway.

Yes I know the damage is reduced anyway but then you fear and get 15% less damage from 3 people on top the resistance... Like Im pretty sure some abilitys reduce the dmg by 15% but to only one person. It's makes it easier for nbs to survive easily in 1vX.

Well every class needs to be able to do that so long as even 1 of them can.
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    They gotta fix the problem of it not showing us we're feared maybe if they gave us a more clear color or icon around our character to show we're feared?
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    Can we just go the whole hog and get rid of all CCs because, well... they just hold me back man. I can't get on with the serious business of, you know, killing stuff. Really gets me down. Sooo down. I'm so down I can't even be bothered to post about it...

Exactly.

Too many crybabies.

Boo Hoo Warewolfs Fear me too - let's nerf WW.

Nerf until Cyrodil is 100% DK's and Templars with Vampire.

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And does no one have ranged abilities? Fear only works at close range.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    easy way to balance fear is... give 30% speed buff while feared. i mean frightened people dont walk slow am i right? they RUN.
    throw in a major damage intake reduction buff ontop of it and fear can stay how it is but will be more defence than offence since after all, fear breaks block, is one of the most annoying CC to break from and even MOVES you.

This so much, would be funny to watch and actually make sense with the skill
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about magblades. I have a very small stamina pool that I'm trying to save and fear is the best way for me to relieve pressure. Fear is fine, the only thing wrong with fear is a buggy cc break that's literally just as bad with all CCs in the game.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it single target.

https://youtu.be/9CS7j5I6aOc

Whoduhthunk an AOE unblockable cc that Maims, slows and is glitchy would be asked for a one over by devs.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on September 4, 2016 10:06PM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wot. o.O
    Out of all the CCs, Fear is probably the one I find to be the least buggy, and I play with minimum 230-300 ping.
    I can only count a couple of times when fear was unbreakable with full stam and just one time when I was running from a zerg, I jumped off a rock and got feared while in the air. Didn't have stam to break (fair enough) but the Fear made me walk backwards in the air, in the middle of the people waiting for me on the rock - it was hilarious! :D
    Still, that's a pathing issue with the game itself.

On the other hand - I find knockback/stun CCs to be FAR more buggy. Especially if they happen to hit you at the same time.

• Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a small immunity, like 2 seconds on all cc and roots.

Im sick of perma lock talons, bombard and fear.
    Breakout isn't spammable on a mag toon.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep waiting
  • RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    Fear is one ov the few skills I don't like because I do not think my character, facer ov all innumerable challenges, slayer ov all innumberable foes, would clutch his head and howl in terror, nay, it would be just to channel fury towards crushing the foul night blade,

Buff evil hunter slotted with immunity to Fear !
    Edited by RobTheAxe on September 5, 2016 2:21AM
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear should break upon taking damage. Stam is already so OP that it only takes 2 hits to kill anyone. And as we all know fear can bug out and last 10 seconds.
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear isnt op, infact it needs a boost!
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's safe to demand a change to the animation, so you can break it as consistently as other cc's.
    For those saying people having trouble with the breaking should learn to play...
    Well, if you already don't have any problems breaking it, then I assume a change like this wouldn't negatively effect you, right? It would just even out lag and stuff a bit, so it would be 100% a positive thing.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate posts about nerf this buff that, paper meets scissors meets stone BUT im so with you on fear. I'm not blaming this skill or that for my demise I will still die till I 'get gud' but fear is over used, boring, and the CC break is broken.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    And as we all know fear can bug out and last 10 seconds.

It happened multiple times last night in thornblade. I need to record some videos where I get feared on my sorc with more than 50% stamina, yet I'm unable to break free which I'm pushing over and over again on the controller. Nothing I can do for duration. So then I'm spammed ambush sa until I'm dead. My mag blade only uses fear to escape. I never needed it to get those cheap kills.
    l PaleAle l
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a much more broken cc at the moment. I can never get off the ground after I get hit by dbos. This happens to me even if the game isn't lagging. Fear only bugs out for me when the game is really lagging
  • Daspirria
    Daspirria
    ✭✭
    I guess they need to work on dragonknight's crowd control mechanics first. I am always rooted during pvp since game is not considering it as crowd control. They are spamming the skill ( I am not really sure about that skill's name) and I have to spend my stamina to release. So so annoying...

Cooldown mechanic for each skill can be perfect for this game the but i guess it is too late :)