The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please nerf radiant destruction, not templars

Blackfyre20
Blackfyre20
✭✭✭✭
So I've been seeing a lot of talk on forums of how magplars are OP on forums. As someone who plays a magplar and has played all the other classes except for stam sorc I am just hoping that in the coming update balance changes that magplars don't get hit hard with the nerf bat. One of the biggest problems of why people think magplars are so OP is radiant destruction, which is absolutely OP in PVP in its current state and that isn't debatable. Its an easy button that can be used from a mile away while someone waits for their friends to get your health below 50%. By the time you can find the beaming templar and employ any counters that defenders of RD love to throw around such as bash, purge, or ranged interrupts, you are dead already. I don't slot it because of how broken it is. The skill needs to be reworked for PVP, no question (I can't really speak to the PVE side of things, this is a PVP post).

However, other than that, magplars are in no way OP. BoL is our class defining ability, it should be powerful and magplars should have the best heals because that is the main feature of the class. We still have class passives that are completely useless like light weaver, master ritualist (maybe not useless but stupid and annoying in pvp), balanced warrior (give us spell damage too, isn't that a "balanced" warrior?), and enduring rays. I understand that other classes have some useless passives too but magplars absolutely have overall the worst class passives. *stamplars are in a good state currently but they also suffer from too many useless class passives* All I ask is that magplars don't get the mDK treatment because of one infamous and broken skill and that their passives get looked at.
Buff Soft Caps
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. We need to nerf Magicka Templar. Not like Magicka DKs, but to actually balance them.

They make up 90% of Cyrodiil's Magicka classes atm because they are OP.

Jesus Beam isn't what makes them OP. It is complained about because it's a fire and forget, undodgeable, high-damage, ridiculous 50% health execute that zergers spam on solo players to win in any scenario. When else do you see an execute consistently spammed at full health? Chances are it's never.

Templars have many powerful passives. They even have what is arguably the very best passive, granting Major Mending when you cast your very powerful Rune Focus or Cleansing Ritual. Wanna talk totally stupid and useless passives? Take a look at Expert Summoner and Rebate from the Sorc's Daedric Summoning skill line :lol:

They are extremely powerful and have a vast variety of viable skills to slot and builds to run. The same cannot be said for Magicka Sorc or Magicka DK. Magicka NB has lots of tools, but the Stamina meta is too strong, and Templars have no issue being better at everything besides stealth (which they don't need since they can tank everything anyway -_-).

As it stands, Magicka Templar is the "easy mode" Magicka class. That needs to change. I don't want Templars nerfed too hard, but healing is out of control and Templars can easily heal from 0% to 100% Health even when debuffed with Major Defile. That's why everyone plays them. Spam BoL and you're gonna be alright :/

If they don't change Magicka Templars (and nerf Stamina a bit as well to kill the Stamina superiority meta) then Dueling in One Tamriel will be purely for testing and never to display any sort of real skill.

Despite the balancing issues and out-of-control healing, balance has generally been much better than it ever was since Dark Brotherhood launched :)
    Edited by Vaoh on August 30, 2016 2:13AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played everything class in this game, pretty much every build as well.

I hope nothing get nerfed so severely that it becomes useless.

But some things do need to be balanced, zos either over nerf things or over buff them, they usually ignore peoples imput despite some people having hundreds of hours in the game, a lot more experience than the dev's themselves.

They over buffed heavy

They over buffed dark deal, i mean come on it gives like 6k stamina and a decent hp, what other skill even compares.

Radiant is OP, despite all the fotm templar denying it, range needs nerfed and needs to either be dodgeable again or needs to scale at 30%, the fact it ticks before a animation is even visable is a problem as well.

Healing on certain builds is OP:
    Was fighting a magplar he healed with a 16k BoL, despite no mending up and he was major defiled.. like come on really? Stam dk's can easily get like 60% healing boost without sacrificing anything.
    Major vitality pots needs to go.
    Malubeth healing boost needs to go, needs to be fixed as well. Should be changed to major mending.

Healing debuff in certain builds is OP.
    Fassallas needs to be changed to major defile, it will still be viable, it's already an aoe defile pretty much.
    Cp tree needs something to counter the combined healing boost of blessed and quick recovery.

Shield stacking is still a problem:
    Kind of annoying that crit is useless vs them, a shield literally makes so many class/racial passives useless. The duration didn't need to get nerfed so much, 8s or 10s would of been fine, long enough that shield users can go on offensive but short enough so they can't just ignore defence and people can time burst when shield drops. People complained about stacking and zos literally buffed it via the harness change to physical.

Why does everything seems to give spell resistance but not physical?
    Light armour gives bonus spell resistance, breton, dk passives, templar passives? This is why armor is useless vs any stamina builds because sharp + mace + cp literally make light/medium armor useless. Even heavy get penetrated to the point that a 30k physical heavy armour tank can be brought down to around 12k by a stam nb via mace/SA/Cp/Sharp... like come on really? Major fracture/breach should only be on skills that do small dmg or on skills that you slot speficially for that effect not on some high dps spam skill.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Vrath
    Vrath
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    No. We need to nerf Magicka Templar. Not like Magicka DKs, but to actually balance them.

Jesus Beam isn't what makes them OP. It is complained about because it's a fire and forget, undodgeable, high-damage, ridiculous 50% health execute that zergers spam on solo players to win in any scenario. When else do you see an execute consistently spammed at full health? Chances are it's never.

Templars have many powerful passives. They even have what is arguably the very best passive, granting Major Mending when you cast your very powerful Rune Focus or Cleansing Ritual. Wanna talk totally stupid and useless passives? Take a look at Expert Summoner and Rebate from the Sorc's Daedric Summoning skill line :lol:

They are extremely powerful and have a vast variety of viable skills to slot and builds to run. The same cannot be said for Magicka Sorc or Magicka DK. Magicka NB has lots of tools, but the Stamina meta is too strong, and Templars have no issue being better at everything besides stealth (which they don't need since they can tank everything anyway -_-).

As it stands, Magicka Templar is the "easy mode" Magicka class. That needs to change. I don't want Templars nerfed too hard, but healing is out of control and Templars can easily heal from 0% to 100% Health even when debuffed with Major Defile. That's why everyone plays them. Spam BoL and you're gonna be alright :/

If they don't change Magicka Templars (and nerf Stamina a bit as well to kill the Stamina superiority meta) then Dueling in One Tamriel will be purely for testing and never to display any sort of real skill.

Despite the balancing issues and out-of-control healing, balance has generally been much better than it ever was since Dark Brotherhood launched :)

I respectfully disagree with some of your opinions.

1st Misread. I am to sure how you can begin to know which class has the highest rep for each. Certainly the other magic classes have been nerfed to hard for the current stam favored meta. Only Magplars stand a chance. A simple SQL query can tell them this.
    Stam builds can be ran on any class with the same bar if one stam class was the counter to all magicka builds people would flock to that class that dont flock to the FoTM meta side of stam vs magicka.

2nd Balance is horrible, TTK is all over the place given how powerful certain sets are. Not to mention how power the Stam meta is. They all run essentially the same bar setup - 2H/Bow that isnt good balance, diversity is good for a game.

3rd Dueling in any MMO outside of Blade and Soul has always been about testing and epeen, you cant balance a game for large scale PvP and 1v1 it will never happen and no changes should be made in an attempt to balance dueling, that is a horrible excuse for wanting nerfs.

4th You kind are a nerf Templar fan boy it is hard to believe you have an unbiased opinion.
    Edited by Vrath on August 30, 2016 3:48AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :/ 5 second RD ..... All it takes to balance it out.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They make up 90% of the magicka characters you see because they are the only magicka class that has any viable counters to every OP stamina build out there...which is all of them.

If I have 4 radiants on my mag DK I am dead unless I have my own friendly templar around and can pick up a purify fast enough. It's a strong skill. But it pales in comparison to the damage dealing tools every stam build has at their disposal.

But we needed thread #51 on nerfing RD. Really.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭

First, I think magicka needs to be brought up to par with stamina builds. I agree that magicka templar is in a better place than the other three, but by no means is it OP when compared with any of the stamina builds (radiant is OP as we both agree).

I also agree that healing is out of control, but then again so is damage. healing is out of control across the board (with some exceptions), but that doesn't mean you should nerf BoL. As I said, BoL SHOULD be the best heal in the game, it's templars' best tool and what they do better than the other classes. Yes, nobody should be going from 0-100% health with one BoL (this is not something that happens "easily" by the way, it requires stacking some healing bonuses and major mending, and can absolutely not be done with major defile on and no mending if you have an average health pool) but that is more of a healing issue than an issue with the skill. Vigor+rally provides too much healing also for any build, especially when paired with infinite dodge rolling. Tone down healing and damage, make the game more skillful to play that easy button combos and heals. Magplars are not the problem, while they are in a better spot than the other magicka classes they are just on par to worse than any stamina build.

Buff Soft Caps
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More threads are needed? This couldn't be put in the other RD topic on the first page?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all magica classes will be brought to pair with stamina meta we can talk about balance. Right now its as many said before - magplar isnt OP, its just the only one magica class that can compete an be fun (mag sorc also can compete, but it isnt fun to fight like shield, curse, shield, frags, shield, heay lightning attack, shield, frags, fury, fury, fury and 80% of your dodgeable skills are dodged). Thats why Im prepared, I have already nice rolly polly stamblade with eternal hunt + viper set with 2,5k stam regen its so fkn anoying :D So yeah, nerf magica to the ground and we all will have nice stamina cyrodiil, but pls dont you dare to ask for heals.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blackfyre20 - YESSSSSSS......I agree with you on that,

I am not even saying that a nerf to Radiant is necessary,
    Change its distance, Change the % at which the damage increase happens to the std for all other execution abilities,

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rip Magplar
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my staff mageblade even in this stam meta only 2 classes really give me trouble, magic dk because they can use wings as much as they like, I've accidentally 1 shot myself before with those, and magic templars
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends how you see it. Templars in a group makes the templars seem OP/strong and the group stronger.
    Templars solo goes 1 of 2 ways. 1) They either tank people for days and dont kill a fly. 2) They can kill people but it's hard to pump out damage when they get focused from different directions.

In a group, hiding behind a zerg spamming beam, then yes; I agree, templar is op.
    Solo, fighting multiple people, so called 1vX, a templar is pretty much as bad as any other magicka class. No chance fighting against a Stamina class whatsoever(Hence the fotm-rerolls to Stamplars/Stamsorcs). People complain about BoL > BoL is an active skill, so to use it; you give up offense. What I dont hear, is people complaining about the passive heals from Rally/Vigour-combo. BUT HEY, who cares, right?

tl;dr Templars are not OP in solo-play. Templars are stronger than any other magicka class in group-play, as they got BoL + easy access to Major Mending. Nerfing Templars' healing or anything that is not Radiant, will break the Templar Solo-play for good.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

Change its distance, Change the % at which the damage increase happens to the std for all other execution abilities,

You kow....there are 3 different types of execute-mechanics in the game:

1. damage scales up, depending how many HP the enemy has. Scaling starts with 50% (executioner, radiant, poison injection all work that way and with the same formula)
    2. Damage increases when a threshhold is met. Threshhold is 25% (NB-execute)
    3. damage procc under a certain threshhold (20% for sorc-execute)

So radiant is in line with other executes which share the same mechanic...
    Noobplar
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait a minute the biggest complaint about templars is that they can beam an opponent who is fighting 2 other people and finish them off. Nothing about 1v1 fighting them or them dominating 1vx.

Remember how the bomb build magblade use to be. They could crush groups of players by themselves. Just like sorcs.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    So wait a minute the biggest complaint about templars is that they can beam an opponent who is fighting 2 other people and finish them off. Nothing about 1v1 fighting them or them dominating 1vx.

Remember how the bomb build magblade use to be. They could crush groups of players by themselves. Just like sorcs.

I've played a magplar since day 1. Through nerfs and buffs, same build. Here are 2 scenarios that happened yesterday.

I saw a NB in the woods. I made 1 bad button press and died. We are not very good at 1 on 1s.

2 hours later, I was at a choke point south of Bleakers with dozens upon dozens of Daggerfall pouring in. Then ... ice comet, radiant destruction, vicious death ... a pile of blue bodies.

In part one I put myself in a bad situation and died. In part 2 a bunch of Daggerfall put themselves in a bad situation and died. Moral of the story, don't put yourself into bad situations.

Also, enough with the "win button" stuff. If someone is doing something stupid half the spells in this game are win buttons. If you're angry that you got killed by a Templar from 100 feet away then you should have been smarter about trying to go Leroy Jenkins. If you know these Templars exist, put your head on a swivel. There are tons of people that are really hard to kill because they are aware of what's around them. Luckily for me many of you seem to be free bags of AP who can't stand trying to figure out something more than dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge.

Edit: didn't mean to quote. Not directed at you.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on August 31, 2016 11:43AM
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

1. damage scales up, depending how many HP the enemy has. Scaling starts with 50% (executioner, radiant, poison injection all work that way and with the same formula)

You can dodgeroll executioner, poison injection and most other executes, but you cannot dodgeroll radiant... An that is what makes it OP... once you are beamed you are pretty much in trouble unless you are a NB,

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can dodgeroll executioner, poison injection and most other executes, but you cannot dodgeroll radiant... An that is what makes it OP... once you are beamed you are pretty much in trouble unless you are a NB,

No,you are not...just find another way to defend yourself. Dodgeroll is only one way, but not the right one in this case. But sure, stambuilds will find it harder to deal with radiant, so do magickabuilds with everything you should dodge to not get the damage. That's balance, not to have one counter for everything.
    Noobplar
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No,you are not...just find another way to defend yourself. Dodgeroll is only one way, but not the right one in this case. But sure, stambuilds will find it harder to deal with radiant, so do magickabuilds with everything you should dodge to not get the damage. That's balance, not to have one counter for everything.

I can dodge roll exactly twice before I run out of stamina, and yet I have no problem with RD. There are a ton of counters other than dodge-dodge-dodge.

Mist Form is a wonderful tool.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I read these threads the more I think RD isn't OP at all. It's just the only thing that's being a modicum of balance to the all stamina everything fiasco.

As long as you can dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge something has to be able to stop it. Rock meet paper.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I read these threads the more I think RD isn't OP at all. It's just the only thing that's being a modicum of balance to the all stamina everything fiasco.

As long as you can dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge something has to be able to stop it. Rock meet paper.

So the counter to stam meta is a mag class? Im sure there will be no nerfs or changes coming .... lol.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

So the counter to stam meta is a mag class? Im sure there will be no nerfs or changes coming .... lol.

Yes?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note, Fengrush, did you know there is a Fengrush Jr on XBox? I always wondered if this was you or some weird stalker.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before nerfing Magicka templars, nerf all the stamina meta that is in the game ;)
    A templar healing can't kill, when a stamina class of course can burst you down in two seconds.
    PS: To balance mag dk you need to buff it, not to nerf the only truly good magicka class
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Before nerfing Magicka templars, nerf all the stamina meta that is in the game ;)
    A templar healing can't kill, when a stamina class of course can burst you down in two seconds.
    PS: To balance mag dk you need to buff it, not to nerf the only truly good magicka class

Yup! Buff magicka NBs, Sorcs and DKs way before you nerf the only working magic class.

Like I said already, as long as people can dodge-dodge-dodge-dodge until the end of time there needs to be a counter for it. Sorry if the "meta" isn't perfect.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note, Fengrush, did you know there is a Fengrush Jr on XBox? I always wondered if this was you or some weird stalker.

Theres a lot of FENGRUSH type names on console - they arent me.

To the other post, when you have a specific skill tied to a specific class as the way to counter half the setups in the game, youre pretty much lining this up to be nerfed FYI.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To the other post, when you have a specific skill tied to a specific class as the way to counter half the setups in the game, youre pretty much lining this up to be nerfed FYI.

I would hope that when half the setups that require that specific skill to counter them, are the same ridiculously high damage setup, that changes are coming.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I would hope that when half the setups that require that specific skill to counter them, are the same ridiculously high damage setup, that changes are coming.

everyone is running high stats low sustain really - this is another issue altogether tied back to poor scaling of CP system
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of an ICP song "Nerf the world, nerf this, nerf that too.........."
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

+1
    Edited by Apherius on August 31, 2016 3:16PM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, nerf everything about PvP if you like, just leave PvE alone. Everyone can run around with wet noodles if you like who cares, but, the rest of us would like to raid and finish vMA etc.