Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malubeth set

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me and the guilds im in or is this set completely OP? I mean, it proccs way too often and it provides way too intense healing for way too long...

PC EU
PvP only
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion it should proc Major Mending or Vitality. It's stupid op if you stack this set with either.... but now you can stack both O.O
    PS4 NA DC
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth is completely overpowered and has been for a while, but only since a short while this knowledge is becoming common. The stacking results in completely silly healing.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only OP in PvE.
    In PvP, it's meh to average.
    Argonian forever
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only OP in PvE.

lol
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only OP in PvE.
    In PvP, it's completely over the top silly strong.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because a few people started actually wearing it and think it is a FOTM doesn't mean it is OP.

Heal debuffs are common, the beam only stays active if actual target is and remains within 10 meters, and it's not like Engine Guardian and Valkyn and Bloodspawn are providing marginal combat effectiveness.

No wonder so many sets are trash. At the hint of them being useful, people are proclaiming them to be OP
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 2, 2016 7:40PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Malubeth + Leeching + Magicka NB = Infinite Healing.

I just need Leeching armor.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you dont mind it being in some garbage trait, it is super easy to farm now. Why do I have ICP pieces in Prosperous? Really ZOS?!? I got my sap tank ready to roll, Haha. Leaching + Malubeth + Bahraras Curse. Havent tried it yet, but cant wait to jump in to a zerg and see what happens.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because a few people started actually wearing it and think it is a FOTM doesn't mean it is OP.

Heal debuffs are common, the beam only stays active if actual target is and remains within 10 meters, and it's not like Engine Guardian and Valkyn and Bloodspawn are providing marginal combat effectiveness.

No wonder so many sets are trash. At the hint of them being useful, people are proclaiming them to be OP

Yea, you see it procc, spend stamina or whatever you need to to break the procc, not only have you spent resources doing so, but your target is most likely already full health regardless, then, not 10 seconds later it proccs again.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Yea, you see it procc, spend stamina or whatever you need to to break the procc, not only have you spent resources doing so, but your target is most likely already full health regardless, then, not 10 seconds later it proccs again.

Sounds like it's strong against melee and useless against ranged.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except Leeching set is Poison damage, so the damage+heal proc doesn't scale with magicka/spell power so it wouldn't do much on a magicka build (Bahraha's Curse might be better, but it has its downsides too). I've been running Malubeth on my Argonian NB tank since the set came out (well, since I farmed both pieces in decent traits), and the only thing that's changed with DB is that it isn't double-penalized by Battle Spirit (the other set I use, Juggernaut, got a nice buff this update as well, at least I have that going for me even if the Heavy Armor and block changes are utter crap).

Come on people, the set is actually useful and viable, and has been for years (at least in PvE, now it is somewhat better for PvP). The heal is based on damage done and thus lessened by resists; it can also be blocked and dodged. It requires the wearer to be in more-dangerous melee range, and can be easily broken by someone if they simply dodge-roll away or CC break. For NBs, the proc is broken/overridden by the Soul Tether ult. Plenty of weaknesses/counters to it, so L2P please.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on June 2, 2016 8:30PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this set is broken.. ATM i saw light armor DK who tanked 10 ppls for 2 minutes with destro/resto... Something definitly is not OK with this set.. I used it on my templar but 3 - 4 ppls was max I could tank with 20k armor and 30 spell resist - using light armor and armor master.. This patch *** to many things!!!! @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pls guys check this set..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a stamplar and stam DK in PVP its really good stacked with major mending you can get almost 60% healing received.Its a monster in PVP on those two classes.Is it OP depends on who using it a good stamplar or Stam Dk while destroy with it on but that can be said about any set and ability.I say its alright but would rather then keep it as is don't want Wrobel messing with the set.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone need's to think about something for a minute.

We all know you can stack this set's increased healing proc with Major Mending.... but has anyone considered what would happen when you add in this new potion into the mix? I guess stacking 3 form's of 30% increased healing is no issue for Zos (even though multiplicative)..

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

This is where this set become's an issue.

Seriously what is wrong with Zos. We get 10 new potion regent's and we hardly know anything about the new potion's that could be made with them. PTS should have included a stack of 200 of each new potion available. At least provide the combination's in the patch note's. It's RIDICULOUS how on a test server, you are not given everything... and i mean everything so proper testing can occur. 1 example is Vampirism, how many round's of pts do we gotta go though before testers get lvl 10 vampirism with maxed out ability's.... never?, i thought so..

I feel sorry for you PC player's... at this point your just beta tester's for us console player's. I feel blessed knowing you guy's can catch the garbage before it hit's console... however when garbage does hit us console players, it take's months to fix...

Overall Zos's PTS and Patching is a complete joke. They spend TO MUCH TIME creating content.. and to be honest they don't even look like there was much effort put into them. Have you seen the new delve's in db? Literally rinse and repeat.

We need Dev's to go back and fix the pot hole's they created and left behind. How long have players been dragon leaping into keep's now?.. I think you guy's would agree with me here that Zos is just milking there player base at the moment. 4000 crown mount? Sign me up!..

Sigh... i always get so worked up because of this crap.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 2, 2016 9:15PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone need's to think about something for a minute.

We all know you can stack this set's increased healing proc with Major Mending.... but has anyone considered what would happen when you add in this new potion into the mix? I guess stacking 3 form's of 30% increased healing is no issue for Zos (even though multiplicative)..

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

This is where this set become's an issue.

Seriously what is wrong with Zos. We get 10 new potion regent's and we hardly know anything about the new potion's that could be made with them. PTS should have included a stack of 200 of each new potion available. At least provide the combination's in the patch note's. It's RIDICULOUS how on a test server, you are not given everything... and i mean everything so proper testing can occur. 1 example is Vampirism, how many round's of pts do we gotta go though before testers get lvl 10 vampirism with maxed out ability's.... never?, i thought so..

I feel sorry for you PC player's... at this point your just beta tester's for us console player's. I feel blessed knowing you guy's can catch the garbage before it hit's console... however when garbage does hit us console players, it take's months to fix...

Overall Zos's PTS and Patching is a complete joke. They spend TO MUCH TIME creating content.. and to be honest they don't even look like there was much effort put into them. Have you seen the new delve's in db? Literally rinse and repeat.

We need Dev's to go back and fix the pot hole's they created and left behind. How long have players been dragon leaping into keep's now?.. I think you guy's would agree with me here that Zos is just milking there player base at the moment. 4000 crown mount? Sign me up!..

Sigh... i always get so worked up because of this crap.

The Major Vitality buff on that potion is the same as other Major Vitality buffs, so it wouldn't stack with any others. Malubeth buffs healing taken/received, NOT healing done. Major Mending is what buffs "healing done," and I don't believe there are Major Mending potions (are there?). Either way, stacking large amounts of Healing Done and Healing Received has been possible since the Champion System was implemented almost a year and a half ago, and it hasn't been an issue yet (they also stack multiplicatively which has pretty steep diminishing returns). Being able to have strong heals will come at the expense of other things, namely damage.

Also, for everyone in this thread, it is quite possible that Malubeth's proc is being counted as Major Vitality, even if it is not described as such in the tooltip. This is the case with NB's Shadow Barrier passive, which for a long time simply stated the value of resistances given--but those values were the same as the values of the Major resistance buffs, and the passive's proc didn't/doesn't stack with the Major resistance buffs.This is something that needs to be tested, but should be an easy test.

I never would have thought this set would have rustled so many jimmies.

[Edited for accuracy]
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on June 3, 2016 1:56PM
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ThatNeonZebraAgain Just wanted to clarify the image say's potion, not poison.

What other source's of Major Vitality are there? There is currently only one source of Major Vitality that i know of before DB DLC and that is the Soul Siphon Ultimate Nightblades never use.. since Soul Tether is picked over it. Major Vitality is semi-new with this potion i listed in my previous comment, since it is now easily accessible to all classes.

Healing taken/received is the same as healing done (when solo). Both Blessed and Quick Recovery cp star's buff your own healing (sound's whack i know but it's true, i used to think the same thing).

Activating a Shadow ability grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance by 5280 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. The tooltip does state it gives you major buff's.

Scourge Harverster
    (1 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (2 items) 6% chance when hit to create a beam that steals 5652 Health from target. Beam breaks from targets greater than 10 meters away. While beam holds gain 30.0% increased healing from all sources . This is just a flat 30% increase, it is not a major buff.

Seriously dude... where are you getting your information from? 2 year's ago? Everything you said is incorrect. You gotta watch what you google. So much 2014/15 stuff floating around that's outdated, gotta be careful :)

I've seen streamer's stack all this healing already. 30% from Monster set proc, 25% from Templar house or 30% Igneous Shield and cp is what we are used to (which has already been claimed broken, this is why we see this thread right now...) ..but now we have 30% more with this new potion (i didn't even mention the HoT yet either LOL). That's why people are kind of going crazy. It all stack's together, i've seen it done. I've seen people with 6k Vigor tick's in pvp (3-4k is the norm with templar house). I couldn't imagine how crazy Breath of Life would be if you stacked this all up on a magicka templar..

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 2, 2016 11:04PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PTS Malubeth was healing me for 7k-11k per tick. Definitely bugged.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom maybe take a looksie?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fasalla's + Major Defile + 9 CPs in healing reduction.

You'll thank me later.
    Healing reduction affects the final heal. If you somehow manage to hit 300% healing, it'll be reduced to 60%, not counting CPs...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

You'll thank me later.
    Healing reduction affects the final heal. If you somehow manage to hit 300% healing, it'll be reduced to 60%, not counting CPs...

Major defile and fasallas is fairly easy to purge/avoid

PC EU
    PvP only
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

You'll thank me later.

Major defile and fasallas is fairly easy to purge/avoid

Purge op
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Malubeth+7x Impen+Major Mending+Transmutation= godmode.

10/10 balanced
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll thank me later.

Use fasallas cancer to counter malubeth cancer.
    Great game 10/10.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThatNeonZebraAgain Just wanted to clarify the image say's potion, not poison.
    What other source's of Major Vitality are there? There is currently only one source of Major Vitality that i know of before DB DLC and that is the Soul Siphon Ultimate Nightblades never use.. since Soul Tether is picked over it. Major Vitality is semi-new with this potion i listed in my previous comment, since it is now easily accessible to all classes.
    Yea my bad, I knew that Major Vitality was from the new reagents so just wrote poison, and got my own terms mixed up! Will edit the above post.

Healing taken/received is the same as healing done (when solo). Both Blessed and Quick Recovery cp star's buff your own healing (sound's whack i know but it's true, i used to think the same thing).
    That's true they both buff your healing on yourself, but the game still calculates them as separate stats. One is on the 'front end' where the heal originates, and the other is on the 'back end' of the person receiving the heal. It's always been a strategy for Malubeth to use it with +healing done bonuses; it's just that now the heal isn't penalized by Battle Spirit that it is getting so much attention in PvP.

Activating a Shadow ability grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance by 5280 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. The tooltip does state it gives you major buff's.

Scourge Harvester
    (1 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (2 items) 6% chance when hit to create a beam that steals 5652 Health from target. Beam breaks from targets greater than 10 meters away. While beam holds gain 30.0% increased healing from all sources . This is just a flat 30% increase, it is not a major buff.
    Yea, Shadow Barrier's current tooltip states that. However, for nearly a year Shadow Barrier listed the values of the buff in the tooltip without labeling the them as Major Ward/Resolve, even though the Shadow Barrier buff didn't stack with Major Ward/Resolve because it was in fact giving the Major buffs. I was saying that this could be the case with Malubeth, which wouldn't surprise me since set procs have a history of falling through the cracks and not being kept up to date with larger system changes (it's also suspicious that the wording in Malubeth's tooltip is ambiguous and superfluous as "increased healing from all sources" is the same as "healing taken/received"). If Malubeth stacks with Major Vitality is something that needs to be verified by testing in a controlled environment. If it does stack, I would imagine ZOS does not intend it to (or wouldn't want it to).

Synozeer wrote: »
    But what is the damage of the proc doing? The heal is based on damage done ("stealing life"), but the heal itself is buffed by it's own bonus to healing received. Identifying how much damage it is doing will help isolate the potential problem: did the damage or heal get bugged (eg they accidentally exempted the entire proc from the Battle Spirit debuff, rather than only the heal), or is the heal simply being buffed to high levels by multiple sources.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on June 3, 2016 1:57PM
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »
    I think this set is broken.. ATM i saw light armor DK who tanked 10 ppls for 2 minutes with destro/resto... Something definitly is not OK with this set.. I used it on my templar but 3 - 4 ppls was max I could tank with 20k armor and 30 spell resist - using light armor and armor master.. This patch *** to many things!!!! @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pls guys check this set..

Its not the set its the people attacking. The reason you couldn't do it is because you are not built for it nor do you have draw essence. I have tanked 6-8 people for 10 minutes using it before DB. It wasn't the set, it was the people I was fighting. Even one of the AD whispered me to tell me they are dying to things they do not understand. I can die to 1 good person in that same build. The problem is people go full potato when they outnumber someone. Its not the set.

Also 20k armor is 0 armor in cyrodiil. You need to go a lot higher than that if you want any mitigation to actually occur. How the DK is surviving in that build is very complex, you can'tjust go tanky and expect to do the same using bol.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2016 2:30PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But what is the damage of the proc doing? The heal is based on damage done ("stealing life"), but the heal itself is buffed by it's own bonus to healing received. Identifying how much damage it is doing will help isolate the potential problem: did the damage or heal get bugged (eg they accidentally exempted the entire proc from the Battle Spirit debuff, rather than only the heal), or is the heal simply being buffed to high levels by multiple sources.

Mine is doing about 300-400 damage a tick. I have no idea how he is getting healed for that much. The only reason I use malubeth at all is for the disease counter.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2016 2:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You could do that and have 0 damage or sustain, but you could also healing ward into stealth for a full heal and not sacrifice any damage or sustain. There are all sorts of high survivability builds, like 60k blazing shield templars, but in the end they just become ultimate dispensers that you keep around your group because they are no threat and great for building ultimate's on for when you are ready to push the people that actually matter.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2016 2:42PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Its not the set its the people attacking. The reason you couldn't do it is because you are not built for it nor do you have draw essence. I have tanked 6-8 people for 10 minutes using it before DB. It wasn't the set, it was the people I was fighting. Even one of the AD whispered me to tell me they are dying to things they do not understand. I can die to 1 good person in that same build. The problem is people go full potato when they outnumber someone. Its not the set.

Also 20k armor is 0 armor in cyrodiil. You need to go a lot higher than that if you want any mitigation to actually occur. How the DK is surviving in that build is very complex, you can'tjust go tanky and expect to do the same using bol.

Yeah, all okey, but he was using mutagen not draw essence..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭

Mine is doing about 300-400 damage a tick. I have no idea how he is getting healed for that much. The only reason I use malubeth at all is for the disease counter.

I think that after a fight you go and look at the healing beakdown in ftc from scourge harvester, it includes all the incoming heals while malubeth was proccd. So say i get hit by a BoL while its proccd its going to show me getting a 15k heal tick in my breakdown. Or say im sapping while its procced its going to show all thise heals as ticks of malebeth and people look after a fight and theyre like danggg son my Malubeth did 100k heals when in reality that was all of the incoming heals u got while u had the buff. Even if you pop a pot while its active your going to see that huge heal under scourge harvester. So think of Malubeth's ftc breakdown as a filter for all heals while it was active.

Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, all okey, but he was using mutagen not draw essence..

I use both, if he was living against 10 people from mutagen then I have no words. Malubeth doesn't heal you that much, all it really does is give you better skill healing or counter defile. Mutagen, even buffed isn't going to keep you up against 10 people. He was doing something you didn't see, which is easy to happen now in DB where animations barely go off.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2016 3:06PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK