The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

will the doom wolf mount return or the black bear?

nvsg
nvsg
✭✭✭
I missed the doom wolf which I really wanted by a week do to getting this game late would like to know if they plan on releasinh them again soon. I know they were limited but that sucks to players that couldn't get it in time due to getting a job late or military. Thanks I love this game too addicted but feel bare without the mount of chice maybe they could bring them all back for a week and everyone gets to pick which mount they want!
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by nvsg on August 28, 2016 8:57PM
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess your have to wait until update 12 and the crown lottery boxes
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys do realize that previous released limited mounts are not a guarantee in the crate boxes. They will include cosmetic or convenience items. You'll find things like potions and other consumables, pets, costumes, and - yes - sometimes even mounts.

They will probably be a rare RNG drop. We will be lucky if the RNG is 1% chance for a previous released mount or a very unique item. It will probably be more like 0.001%. Probably not as high as the new motifs are dropping in Gold Cost. When they do drop it is not what you want or need.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the upcoming Crown Crates, everyone. Just want to clarify a few points -

First, Crown Crates will be available later this year, and will only include cosmetic or convenience items. You'll find things like potions and other consumables, pets, costumes, and - yes - sometimes even mounts. This will give you a chance to try and obtain previous limited time offers, or even some very unique items as Matt mentioned. It will not include things like armor or weapons.

In the event you get an item that you already own, you can exchange it for a currency called Crown Gems which will allow you to buy a different item of your choice.

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below is evidently a quote from Matt Firor ..... The forum post is HERE, not sure if the OP is quoting exactly from the video. The video he is quoting from is on the forums here .....
    Matt Firor says, "Crown Crates are obtainable exclusively in the Crown Store, and the consumables they contain are the same ones that you are probably already purchasing directly in the Crown Store. The difference is that you have a chance to get additional items in a Crown Crate – the same items that are on sale in the Crown Store. There is also a rarer chance to receive a discontinued limited-time-offer Crown Store item. The rarest items are Crown-Crate only items that we will cycle out every quarter or so for a new set."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In practical terms then, no, they won't be back.

Unless ESO is the major exception to how every other game has done RNG boxes the chances of getting a specific rare mount without spending a fortune will be about 1 in 1000 (by which I mean if 1000 people spend the same as they would have to get the mount directly 1 will get it and 999 will be left with junk they never wanted.)

Oh but they can trade other cosmetics in for currency to buy it! My guess (again based on other games using similar systems) is trading in something like a costume currently sold in the crown store (which will be the majority of the cosmetics dropped) will get you about 100 of that currency and a rare mount like the doom Wolf will cost about 1000.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a chance we might see some of these guild related mounts return to the store in the form of anniversary bundles, like the one they're doing for the Imperial City DLC now.
    *Special Snowflake*

• KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS is going to make soooo much money the first week of loot box release. Then not so much when everyone spends 5k crowns just to get a brown steed 10 times in a row lmao. I can't wait :smile:
    Edited by KatzMainTank on August 29, 2016 6:11PM
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nvsg wrote: »
    I missed the doom wolf which I really wanted by a week do to getting this game late would like to know if they plan on releasinh them again soon. I know they were limited but that sucks to players that couldn't get it in time due to getting a job late or military. Thanks I love this game too addicted but feel bare without the mount of chice maybe they could bring them all back for a week and everyone gets to pick which mount they want!

yes, me exactly the same, the doom wolf is just awesome, but when I realized, he was gone already :(

I think ZOS should make "return events" regularly!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they'll ever do that.

I don't buy the costumes, and don't use the food and potions from the store.

You can't trade in the "limited special items" like the costumes and mounts unless you get a duplicate. You can't trade the consumables/food/drink.

I would need to buy so many rngesus boxes before I started getting duplicates I could trade that even Sheogorath wouldn't think it was funny. From the way I've seen rng work in this game the chance of my getting the two senches I missed and want are effectively zero.

Since they won't let me buy them outright, even if they actually raised the price to 5000 crowns each, I'm not even going to try. If I bought them outright, I know I would get what I spent my money for. RNGesus boxes, no.
    Edited by JKorr on August 31, 2016 10:56AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fortunately, I already have the limited items and discontinued items that I want, but I really feel for new players, who basically have no chance at these items unless they're willing to gamble some serious cash.

I won't be buying any of them either, even though I do have many collectibles and probably have a higher chance at getting duplicates to trade for gems. But, how many boxes do I have to purchase before even seeing a collectible, much less a duplicate.