The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafters, how do you feel whenever they release a new motif?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by Kammakazi on August 27, 2016 4:17AM

Crafters, how do you feel whenever they release a new motif? 157 votes

Yay!
40%
SlayerSyrenawayfarerxk9mouseopajOsteosRoyal_KitsuneAlienSlofTibthomas1970b16_ESOKnootewootTHEDKEXPERIENCEDUTCH_REAPERAbeilleguulheledironelias.stormneb18_ESOAlex_Lexahstin2001nub18_ESOAzraelKriegTwilix01 64 votes
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
59%
dodgehopper_ESOSlurgDeadlyReclusenordsavagessewallb14_ESOYulsIruil_ESOLark82quadraxis666Elara_NorthwindKhenarthiCalculated_RiskHjelmerinamertustaphreatophilestarkerealmGilGaladIdinuseTheDarkRulerhondelink 93 votes
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted Ughhhhh since that means crafting a new CP160 set with tonnes of materials.
    I would vote Yay! if you could actually change armor to a newly learnt motif.
    Or if you would get a costume of the new motif upon completion you could use on any armor.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay!
    Voted Yes because I like diversity in the game but it does suck that I see a style I like and cannot just switch the style of my current gear that I invested over 300-400k on.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9 trait crafters need to be able to restyle their own gear!!!
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad because dropped sets are BIS. I hope zos add a restyle option soon.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, because I'm looking at collecting another 14 pages... well, was looking at.

When it was just the Dwemer motif, that was cool and novel. When it was the Glass motif, that kinda made sense. Xyvkin, and everything else that followed? Ugh.

I get that it's a gear chase, but it's a pain to collect motifs one page at a time. If the pages unlocked a random part you were missing, or the pages were just substantially more common for most of the motifs, it'd probably be okay. But, it is one hellish grind.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only concern is that the game will be over-diluted with many more motifs that it doesn't really give that 'special' thing to any style.

Does it help stimulate economy? Surely it does, which is good. But because of new motifs being released every major update, many previous motifs are no longer favoured.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    The motif chase is my endgame. I can't have my main wearing the same outfit every day, and I may as well make her fashion forward.

My alts can get by with their dyed costumes, of course.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelmed
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    There kind of needs to be a third option. I love it, but it needs to change.

As a 9 trait crafter, in the past I've been able to tell people I can craft "any set, any style". Then a handful of new styles comes out. I love that, but because of the 14 page model they've been using, it's really expensive to keep up with certain motifs. So once again, there are a handful of styles I can't do (yet).

It would be nice if they moved away from the 14 page thing or at least made motifs drop rate significantly increase so they aren't quite so spendy or time consuming to farm up the lot.

-Aletheion
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is good because usually the styles are amazing and worth getting. But the page grind is so annoying. I buckled and bought Glass from the Crown Store, and I decided never again.

Now I only bother collecting the armour pages because who cares what I stab you with as long as I look great while doing it. So uuuuuuuuuuugggggghhhhh for the grind.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just getting the new new motifs makes me ugh I hate trying to get every motif chapter
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming the new motifs will net me millions in gold.
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Farming the new motifs will net me millions in gold.

It is indeed a key source of burst income the first couple of weeks of a release.

But so often now you see 20+ people sitting at a boss waiting for it to respawn for a motif drop every 10 minutes or whatever. That's some serious epic gameplay and motif "farming".

-Aletheion
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been feeling overwhelmed lately - summer is the busiest time at my job, and given scarse playtime lately, there's no way i can collect all of them. But hey, i'm happy new stuff comes out, i just wish i had more free time to play.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What no 3rd option for " meh " ?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It drove me insane that I just stopped grinding for them all together.
    You want something crafted in a style I don't have? You are SoL, my friend.

Now, I just do whatever I want and let the pages come naturally. If I get them, yay. If not, whatever. Price will plummet on them soon enough that I can buy whatever pages I'm missing whenever I feel like it.
    Argonian forever
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Yay for the new fashion, and Ugh for feeling overwhelmed. I'm still behind on my motifs but struggling to catch up.

That being said, the new motifs are usually very well designed/awesome looking so, in the end, the work is worth it.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!
    I don't bother learning motifs that i don't find visually appealing. So i rub my hands together when new motifs come out, learn what i want, make large amounts of money out of the rest.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Yay because new thing that usually looks really cool!! Ugh because in the current system with no Restyling I'll pretty much never get to wear it and will almost never get to craft it either.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've gone too far off from quality and it's only quantity nowadays.
    As a proof of this just look how similar most of the post TG styles look...
    Not complaining, just a bit sad.
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!

Minotaur, Dark Brotherhood, Dro-m'Athra, Order of the Hour, and Assassin's league all look similar to you? o_0
    Edited by Recremen on August 27, 2016 6:27AM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Minotaur, Dark Brotherhood, Dro-m'Athra, Order of the Hour, and Assassin's league all look similar to you? o_0

Did not say all and I admit that latest DLC added some good new stuff.
    Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!

But like... which post-TG styles were you referring to that look similar? >.> I am confused!! D:
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like all the times I did what gets you the Motif Chapters was done prematurely...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But like... which post-TG styles were you referring to that look similar? >.> I am confused!! D:

Probably Outlaw/TG, and Assassin's/DB. Order of the Hour is just a new Imperial style. Dro-m'athra is just Khajiiti Tron... So, I could understand the feeling. Also, Malacath and Ancient Orc always felt kinda redundant to me.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭

Excluding certain parts I find most of the Outlaw, Thieves Guild, and Assassins League very similar.
    In addition there's some individual elements on other newer styles not mentioned above that really bug me as almost copy paste with small extra depth. For example it feels like all light armor hoods are pretty much Breton with only small added details.

Also I never really understood the need to do Outlaw <-> Thieves Guild or Assassin's League <-> Dark Brotherhood (feels cheap somehow), wouldn't just 1 good motif been enough for TG and DB (to represent the guild)? Maybe it's just me. Like I said I'm not or trying not to complain I just wish to see maybe fewer motifs but rather more unique quality designs.

EDIT: @starkerealm above got my meaning very well :)
    Edited by CirithValaria on August 28, 2016 8:20AM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, like @Aletheion I find it much easier to be able to say "any trait, any style." For this reason, I try to work towards collecting all the motifs. However, I can't imagine anyone genuinely asking me to craft them "akavari belts," for example. I find some of the pages of motifs so arbitrary. This creates problem number 1: crafters have motivation to get motifs they're never really going to use.

Second, game mechanics force us to craft certain styles. For example, most builts (if not all) will likely run a heavy chest pieces, since it gives the highest armor value, even if you're magicka or stamina dps. Running 5-1-1 usually means a heavy chest. Say goodbye to all the medium and light armor styles. We can't really enjoy them. @KingYogi415, allow us to restyle gear. I also think that it's important that it be a benefit to 9 trait crafters, so that commitment and perseverance can be rewarded.

Third, the lack of an adequate preview feature makes mix matching sets and figuring out what style to use tedious and ineffective. Typically, we have to resort to websites like ESO fashion, but even then, it's hard to see things like glove styles or belt styles on these previews. In my experience, different armors have died differently resulting in gear that doesn't match well. Solution: again allow us to restyle if we don't like it. We get to use our motifs more, and we can try different styles with low risk. Having to recraft vet160 is not going to happen. Instead, you just have a ton of people who wear costumes instead.

Crafting is high risk and low reward. We spend millions on motifs and hardly profit from crafting.

I'm sorry, but I think the only reason they add new motifs is to create a 'sense' of an economy and to 'create' a moneysink. But what it does is over burden crafters (and motif/achievement collectors). Give crafters a profitable service, like restyling gear, and you'll have a genuine economy.

On that note, make housing decorations be craftable. If it ends up being all purchased by crown stores, it's greedy and ignores crafters. >.>
    Edited by Pandorii on August 27, 2016 6:56AM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. As a 9 trait crafter myself I try to atleast get the cheap motif set that comes with the dlc (outlaw, assassin's league) but I'm not going to shell out the money to buy every new one when they come out. I usually wait till they come down in price tremendously (trinimac, ect) or just skip them entirely like I did with ancient orc. I'd really like them to either up the drop rate tremendously on the individual chapters or whole books or remove the chapter system completely. Also they really need to remove/shorten the 8 minute cool down they have on getting loot from delve bosses, it really doesn't add anything but grindyness and hardcore grinders just hop between characters to bypass it anyways.
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Possible solution: make 9 trait max crafters has pro option at the end - restyle (research time 30 days or something like that). Done
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only cause it means i cant just change the look of my current set. why cant a crafter change his own armor at least?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.