Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for next PTS

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks
NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

    Thanks

    NA copy to happen second pleeeeeease
    Haha block, ha rip.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    Community Ambassador
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    Thanks

    The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

    Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes


    Thanks

    NA copy to happen second pleeeeeease

    What? No. PTS always ends with the EU getting nearly a 3rd week out of testing.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on August 29, 2016 2:23PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    If you run in Trials and you wonder why you're not doing the sorts of damage you see on youtube videos and on forums, but you reject advice based on extensive testing, claiming "I don't agree" you're the toxic one.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Pts ends with eu always getting their toons till next dlc
    Haha block, ha rip.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    Thanks

    The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

    Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.

    Link to the post where they say that hard mode is balance around 300 CP.

    almost every serious endgame player who participates in new content will have max cp. And certainly above 300.

    It's a problem if the players who play the game the most can "faceroll" content. It makes them want to play less and less. The 3600 cp test should have highlighted the power creep issue.

    Also if content is balanced around 300 cp and you want people to test it at that then why copy characters at all? Because the copies have their live CP

    Tldr: I don't agree with your point.
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    Community Ambassador
    Paulington wrote: »
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    Thanks

    The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

    Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.

    Link to the post where they say that hard mode is balance around 300 CP.

    almost every serious endgame player who participates in new content will have max cp. And certainly above 300.

    It's a problem if the players who play the game the most can "faceroll" content. It makes them want to play less and less. The 3600 cp test should have highlighted the power creep issue.

    Also if content is balanced around 300 cp and you want people to test it at that then why copy characters at all? Because the copies have their live CP

    Tldr: I don't agree with your point.

    I can't link you to a post, but I can try to ping @ZOS_Finn and ask him directly what CP content is (or was) balanced around. All these statements like vMA being balanced around 300 CP were made on Twitch, so.

    I know that when VMOL released on the PTS we were in there almost every day on templates with 300 CP. It was a struggle but we were getting there, would have killed second boss if not for a crash. Then two weeks later we get our actual characters and we steamrolled the place, even accounting for EU-PTS ping. There are guilds out there doing things like Veteran Trials with less than the cap on average.

    Having people test at non-max CP (~500ish CP is the top 5% of players) is really important and that is in my opinion why they give us 300 CP templates. :smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on August 30, 2016 1:44PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    Thanks

    The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

    Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.

    Link to the post where they say that hard mode is balance around 300 CP.

    almost every serious endgame player who participates in new content will have max cp. And certainly above 300.

    It's a problem if the players who play the game the most can "faceroll" content. It makes them want to play less and less. The 3600 cp test should have highlighted the power creep issue.

    Also if content is balanced around 300 cp and you want people to test it at that then why copy characters at all? Because the copies have their live CP

    Tldr: I don't agree with your point.

    I can't link you to a post, but I can try to ping @ZOS_Finn and ask him directly what CP content is (or was) balanced around. All these statements like vMA being balanced around 300 CP were made on Twitch, so.

    I know that when VMOL released on the PTS we were in there almost every day on templates with 300 CP. It was a struggle but we were getting there, would have killed second boss if not for a crash. Then two weeks later we get our actual characters and we steamrolled the place, even accounting for EU-PTS ping. There are guilds out there doing things like Veteran Trials with less than the cap on average.

    Having people test at non-max CP (~500ish CP is the top 5% of players) is really important and that is in my opinion why they give us 300 CP templates. :smile:.


    You just proved my point that all the testers "steamrolled" the 'hardest content' when they got to use their real character and CP. Balancing for 300 cp for your hard mode content seems a little silly at best. I can understand wanting people to be able to complete it earlier but that is what normal mode is for.

    There are guilds out there doing content with lvl 10's in the groups it doesnt mean we should take it into account when testing.

    The best way to test is to make everything super easy so that the mechanics can be tested then scale the difficulty up at launch Hp, dmg done, maybe secret mechanic - this is the best way to balance a fight. (See 2nd boss NiM TFB SWTOR)

    You are just handicapping testing by reducing the power of the characters used for the testing.
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for pvp testing max cp is a must because that is the level playing field to test what actual opponents you will fight and builds you can use.
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also for pvp testing max cp is a must because that is the level playing field to test what actual opponents you will fight and builds you can use.

    Agree 261 more then oponent cp is huge adventage and builds created around 300 and 561 cp are different. Would be nice to have 2 campaigns on PTS cp and non cp.
    Lv 50 magicka sorc high elf
    Lv 50 stamina sorc orc
    Lv 50 magicka dk dark elf
    Lv 50 stamina dk redguard
    Lv 50 magicka templar breton
    Lv 50 stamina templar redguard
    Lv 50 magicka nb high elf
    Lv 50 stamina nb imperial
    CP 750
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

    Thanks

    The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

    Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.

    In PvP it is bc PvP must be balanced around the max cp (most regular PvP players have passed the cap already). The current PvP meta wouldnt exist if everybody had 300 cps.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
Sign In or Register to comment.