The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Request for next PTS

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add another level of character creation which allows max cp characters to be created and if possible a "wayshrine unlock" book. This would help so much with testing the new content and combat changes

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks

NA copy to happen second pleeeeeease
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks

The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Thanks

NA copy to happen second pleeeeeease

What? No. PTS always ends with the EU getting nearly a 3rd week out of testing.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on August 29, 2016 2:23PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Pts ends with eu always getting their toons till next dlc
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

Thanks

The reason we do not get max CP characters is because no-one would test the content as intended. For example both vMOL and vMA were balanced around 300 CP for completion. Yes people did it with more or less than that but if they gave templates the full 561 CP then people would go around facerolling the new content and calling it too easy when in reality they just have more CP.

Whilst it would be nice, and I have fond memories of playing a 3,600 CP character during the IC PTS, it's not needed for testing the actual patch.

Link to the post where they say that hard mode is balance around 300 CP.

almost every serious endgame player who participates in new content will have max cp. And certainly above 300.

It's a problem if the players who play the game the most can "faceroll" content. It makes them want to play less and less. The 3600 cp test should have highlighted the power creep issue.

Also if content is balanced around 300 cp and you want people to test it at that then why copy characters at all? Because the copies have their live CP

Tldr: I don't agree with your point.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks

almost every serious endgame player who participates in new content will have max cp. And certainly above 300.

It's a problem if the players who play the game the most can "faceroll" content. It makes them want to play less and less. The 3600 cp test should have highlighted the power creep issue.

Also if content is balanced around 300 cp and you want people to test it at that then why copy characters at all? Because the copies have their live CP

I can't link you to a post, but I can try to ping @ZOS_Finn and ask him directly what CP content is (or was) balanced around. All these statements like vMA being balanced around 300 CP were made on Twitch, so.

I know that when VMOL released on the PTS we were in there almost every day on templates with 300 CP. It was a struggle but we were getting there, would have killed second boss if not for a crash. Then two weeks later we get our actual characters and we steamrolled the place, even accounting for EU-PTS ping. There are guilds out there doing things like Veteran Trials with less than the cap on average.

Having people test at non-max CP (~500ish CP is the top 5% of players) is really important and that is in my opinion why they give us 300 CP templates. :smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on August 30, 2016 1:44PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks

I can't link you to a post, but I can try to ping @ZOS_Finn and ask him directly what CP content is (or was) balanced around. All these statements like vMA being balanced around 300 CP were made on Twitch, so.

I know that when VMOL released on the PTS we were in there almost every day on templates with 300 CP. It was a struggle but we were getting there, would have killed second boss if not for a crash. Then two weeks later we get our actual characters and we steamrolled the place, even accounting for EU-PTS ping. There are guilds out there doing things like Veteran Trials with less than the cap on average.

Having people test at non-max CP (~500ish CP is the top 5% of players) is really important and that is in my opinion why they give us 300 CP templates. :smile:.

You just proved my point that all the testers "steamrolled" the 'hardest content' when they got to use their real character and CP. Balancing for 300 cp for your hard mode content seems a little silly at best. I can understand wanting people to be able to complete it earlier but that is what normal mode is for.

There are guilds out there doing content with lvl 10's in the groups it doesnt mean we should take it into account when testing.

The best way to test is to make everything super easy so that the mechanics can be tested then scale the difficulty up at launch Hp, dmg done, maybe secret mechanic - this is the best way to balance a fight. (See 2nd boss NiM TFB SWTOR)

You are just handicapping testing by reducing the power of the characters used for the testing.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also for pvp testing max cp is a must because that is the level playing field to test what actual opponents you will fight and builds you can use.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also for pvp testing max cp is a must because that is the level playing field to test what actual opponents you will fight and builds you can use.

Agree 261 more then oponent cp is huge adventage and builds created around 300 and 561 cp are different. Would be nice to have 2 campaigns on PTS cp and non cp.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

In PvP it is bc PvP must be balanced around the max cp (most regular PvP players have passed the cap already). The current PvP meta wouldnt exist if everybody had 300 cps.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel