The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Masked Bear Mount (limited edition) Preview - Will you purchase it now or wait the Lottery Boxes?

• KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll stick with my Dro-M'athra senche until something better comes along, A bear re skinned to look like a panda simply doesn't interest me.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille ...why exactly are they supposed to be limited to Khajiit riders?

Just because the Khajiit are the only ones that are mentioned in the lore as using senche as mounts, and because they are highly intelligent I think there should be an in game explanation for them letting other people who are not related to them ride them. They were added as mounts with no such explanation. Anything like "the senche allow the other races of Tamriel to mount them too, as long as they trust them" added to a book or to npc dialogue would be enough, by the way, I'm not too picky.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are intelligent (which I think we're in agreement that they are) why do they need it recorded that they're capable of making human or mer or Argonian friends and letting said friends ride them? There are bipedal Khajiit in the other Alliances, and Nords and Dunmer etc. in the Dominion. Why should the four-legged ones be left out? If anything, they'd make better steeds than horses or Guar because for every mounted unit you now have two intelligent fighters instead of one fighter and a dumb animal. The Dominion would have to be fools not to take advantage of that just from a military standpoint.

But if it bothers you that much, Prince Attrebus (Imperial) and his Dunmer buddy were both allowed to ride the four-legged furstock in the aforementioned books while escaping from the fellow on the bear.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I won't ride something that would just as soon eat me as look at me.

So, Horses and Guars only. I also have an issue with Lore and mounts, and Horses and Guars are the only lore correct service animals in the TES world.
    Show me proof that camels are lore-breaking. I'll wait. :p
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    pffft.
    I'm not giving another cent to this game.
    Stop releasing worthless re-skins and fluff.
    Fix the ****game.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very cute , thank you for preview video @Elloa . Always helpful to make these .
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are intelligent (which I think we're in agreement that they are) why do they need it recorded that they're capable of making human or mer or Argonian friends and letting said friends ride them? There are bipedal Khajiit in the other Alliances, and Nords and Dunmer etc. in the Dominion. Why should the four-legged ones be left out? If anything, they'd make better steeds than horses or Guar because for every mounted unit you now have two intelligent fighters instead of one fighter and a dumb animal. The Dominion would have to be fools not to take advantage of that just from a military standpoint.

But if it bothers you that much, Prince Attrebus (Imperial) and his Dunmer buddy were both allowed to ride the four-legged furstock in the aforementioned books while escaping from the fellow on the bear.

To be honest, I was going with your belief that they are Khajiit on the previous posts. I actually am more convinced that they are not, due to their appearance being different from how the Senche Khajiit were described before and due to the position of the loremaster on the subject (there is also at least one book in the game that talks about Senche-tigers as if they were pets).

Anyway, if they are Khajiit, whether they would allow non-Khajiit soldiers to mount them for the war or not would depend on how they see being mounted, from a cultural standpoint, and I think this should be documented if that's the case. It just seems important, to me, to justify an intelligent creature letting people unrelated to them ride them, even if it is just "because they wanted to". Carrying someone away from danger is a thing. Being actually used as a mount on the same way a horse would be is something completely different, after all.

If The Infernal City/Lord of Souls were the only reference we had on bear mounts, they would bother me just the same. But ESO added some lore on them, too, including a quest about Torug and his bear, Coldwind. They added lore on the wolf mounts in the Gold Coast. They could go ahead and add lore on the senche too.

Maybe if/when we get an Elsweyr DLC.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    This bear (painted bear) and the hist guar (paint splattered guar) seem more like afterthoughts than intended, interesting additions to the Crown store. I hate to use the word "lazy" because it sure is overused around here but...lazy.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks liek a giant skunk
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    [wrong thread to ask]
    Edited by Seratopia on September 3, 2016 12:41PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I like my Lion
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, ugly mount. Looks like a really half-assed attempted at a panda.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop hating on poor Bandit :(

It's unique and interesting, not to mention way better looking than that glowing Disco Senche everyone seems to ride around on.

In my opinion it's the best bear variation they made, the varied fur colour makes it far more interesting to look at than the snow bear or the black bear, esspecially if you combine it with some nice dyed armor or costumes.

28878836754_1908705e9d_o.png

29423582631_9f4f3520ed_o.png
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on September 6, 2016 7:15PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough of the Bear mounts.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any bear mounts yet so i picked this one up. I like the masked bear mount.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be fooled guys this is actually an endangered giant Skyrim badger. It looks a lot like a bear but it's actually a badger and it is truly shameful how they're rounding these up to be trained as mounts - there are so few skyrim badgers left in the wild. Don't buy it.

#freetheskyrimbadgers
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it but i didn't buy it.

got two bear mounts, already.