Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Masked Bear Mount (limited edition) Preview - Will you purchase it now or wait the Lottery Boxes?

Elloa
Elloa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTlxYwGszw

PREVIEW

Before you guys decide to buy or not the Masked Bear Mount, currently sold between the 25th and 29th august in the Crown Store for 2500 crowns
Note that this mount will be avalaible (with low chance though) in the future Lottery Boxes that will sold for 400 Crowns in Update 12
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither... don't like the bear mounts or the idea of the boxes (sorry might sound negative but it's the truth)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this bear is really nice - it goes well with different climates and I think Elloa showed it off pretty well - like always, she is always doing well with this kind of stuff.

Btw @Elloa, I miss the english video discussing the gamescom event - I saw your news in french but I understand currently too little french to follow the content in full. Will it be up in english soon as well?
    Edited by Lysette on August 26, 2016 12:57PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've got a bear mount (polar bear), so could care less about this one, which isn't as cool as the one I have IMHO. But if a limited release that is later added to RNGboxes is the future of the crown store, that's fine. I've been waiting since wolf mounts were first announced for the Ice Wolf. I'll take it in limited release, but will never buy an RNGbox.

th?&id=OIP.M4f2688d1656ea719f0f64a0fc9cf056fo0&w=300&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say grab it if you want the panda mount :/ There's no chance to get this within 7 Crown Crates without consumable items getting in your way
    Edited by Wow on August 26, 2016 12:57PM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I've got a bear mount (polar bear), so could care less about this one, which isn't as cool as the one I have IMHO. But if a limited release that is later added to RNGboxes is the future of the crown store, that's fine. I've been waiting since wolf mounts were first announced for the Ice Wolf. I'll take it in limited release, but will never buy an RNGbox.

th?&id=OIP.M4f2688d1656ea719f0f64a0fc9cf056fo0&w=300&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

You and me both.

If the Ice Wolf is a box exclusive, I will be immensely disappointed.

It is the only mount I really want since release. I bought a character slot and made my Nord Cryomancer, currently farming Winterborn set, all with this mount in mind to complete my concept for that character.

And still, if it is a box exclusive, I will never have it. Because there is no way I'm buying the boxes.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not really a Panda though, it's fur pattern is not that of a panda.
    Edited by Lysette on August 26, 2016 1:01PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

More like a "bear-sloth" hybrid. An ugly thing to picture before breakfast. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look like the same Bear mount but with different colour.... the people really bitte this?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, not going to buy it either way.

I wanted to add the two limited senche mounts that I missed. But I won't buy the gamble boxes to try to get them. I would be fine with paying 2400 or 3000 crowns outright, knowing that will actually receive the item I wanted. I won't spend 400 crowns to get items I don't want with a slim to even slimmer chance of getting the item I do want. Since I want two, I'll guess that my chances just went to that of a snowball in Oblivion, the version with lava everywhere........
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters don't use mounts, so... no. Lottery boxes don't appeal either.

The bear looks pretty good though. I'm curious to know how it differs from other bear mounts?
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder basically - I like as well spiders, snakes and a lot of insects, which most people might not really want to look at - that Bal Foyen Nixhound is one of my favorite pets for example, I really like this critter around. And this clumsy massive bear mount is something I enjoy - it is a bit fat for some locations, but hey, it's a bear, not a teddy.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Look like the same Bear mount but with different colour.... the people really bitte this?

It is basically just a different color - at least I did not find anything a lot different from the normal bear - but I think it goes better with some environments - that brown bear was ok for Orsinium and for colder areas in the game, but that panda-like fur of this bear makes it more acceptable in sub-tropical and semi-desert environments - it's just the idea of it which makes it different, but as a role player things like that matter to me.
    Edited by Lysette on August 26, 2016 1:33PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. LOL

But I am subbed and dont buy much of anything else, so I am sitting on a ton of crowns. Plus its looks really nice when your riding skills are all maxxed with the armor and such.

Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they give us a sloth mount we will all buy it but never be able to leave the stables.... :wink:
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder basically - I like as well spiders, snakes and a lot of insects, which most people might not really want to look at - that Bal Foyen Nixhound is one of my favorite pets for example, I really like this critter around. And this clumsy massive bear mount is something I enjoy - it is a bit fat for some locations, but hey, it's a bear, not a teddy.

LOL, no disagreement about 'different strokes for different folks'. But the ugly I was referring to was the hybrid process, not the product. :*
    PC/NA/DC
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you honestly think you'll get a mount from a lottery box? It'll probably have a ridiculous RNG drop rate of .0001%

Unless you poop shamrocks and pee rainbows, you'll only get garbage from these boxes.
    Edited by waterfairy on August 26, 2016 2:15PM
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah do NOT hold out for this to drop in a random crate. the random crate'll be good for filling you in with a buncha backlog if you're newish to the game, but if you're hunting for something special don't hold your breath
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not getting it either way
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither. There's nothing in the Crown Store I would ever want (character slots apart, and I've got those now).
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like a sloth.. I wait for boxes
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither now nor will I buy the RNG boxes. I already hated those boxes in SWTOR and other MMORPGS (STO, CO, DCUO).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • ScardyFox
      ScardyFox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll pass, not interesting looking enough.
    • Therwind
      Therwind
      ✭✭✭
      I'm just going to keep throwing this out there. Can we have one freaking mount drop in game please. An achievement for completing every quest in the game or... Anything would be great at this point.
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Neither. The bear mounts have awkward/goofy running animation. And, like horses, they lose almost all speed upon landing after a jump. So it is like, run over a pebble and your mount slows down. Jump over the pebble and your bear still slows down. Makes riding bears (and horses) have no smoothness or consistency. The wolves and senche still have issues with getting slowed down by every tiny obstacle, but they tend to retain speed after jumping. So you can jump over obstacles and still retain a smooth, enjoyable riding experience.

They need to improve the mounted riding experience. With all the cash we spend on mounts, and gold and time (180 days!) to upgrade characters, riding a mount should be amazing, not annoying.
    • UrQuan
      UrQuan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I won't be getting it either way. I actually think they did a good job with it, and it looks very cool, but it just doesn't suit any of my characters. I'm very particular about which mount each of my characters uses.

By the way @Elloa - thanks again for keeping on making these videos showing the limited time crown store items "in the wild". It gives a way better idea of what the mount (or, for some of your videos, the costume) really looks like in action than anything you see when you're previewing the item. I've made several decisions on whether to buy something or not based on your videos.
      Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
      Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
      Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
      Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
      J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
      Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
      Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
      Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
      Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
      Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
      Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
      Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
      Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
      Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
      Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
      Someone stole my sweetroll
    • Lysette
      Lysette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      UrQuan wrote: »
      I won't be getting it either way. I actually think they did a good job with it, and it looks very cool, but it just doesn't suit any of my characters. I'm very particular about which mount each of my characters uses.

By the way @Elloa - thanks again for keeping on making these videos showing the limited time crown store items "in the wild". It gives a way better idea of what the mount (or, for some of your videos, the costume) really looks like in action than anything you see when you're previewing the item. I've made several decisions on whether to buy something or not based on your videos.

Indeed, especially because she is showing mounts off in their walk animation as well, this is something what I like and am interested in as well - I am not always speeding with these mounts, sometimes I just want to trot through a landscape or city and enjoy all in kind of "slow motion".
      Edited by Lysette on August 26, 2016 4:15PM
    • PurifedBladez
      PurifedBladez
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It reminds me of a skunk.
    • UrQuan
      UrQuan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It reminds me of a skunk.
      It reminds me more of a badger for some reason.
      Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
      Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
      Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
      Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
      J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
      Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
      Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
      Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
      Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
      Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
      Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
      Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
      Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
      Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
      Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
      Someone stole my sweetroll
    • nine9six
      nine9six
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Neither.
      Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    • carljokl
      carljokl
      ✭✭✭
      Well I have a bear mount already.

But this one....has a mask!

Holy crap! Just shut up and take my money!</sarcasm>
      My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
      Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
      Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
      Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade