Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Limited Masked Bear & Dark Shaman Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The Crown Store caravan has arrived bearing two rare new items! The Masked Bear mount and Dark Shaman costume are now available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, starting today (August 25th) through August 29th at 10AM EDT. Look for both in the “Featured” section of the in-game Crown Store!

f078b17bb49335d41d36882c13c1b78c.jpg

Both swift and strong, the Masked Bear of the Jerall Mountains is a popular mount along the high passes between Bruma and Falkreath. They're particularly common in the region around Pale Pass; mountain travelers leave offerings for them at “bear bars" along the trail, which is how they may have come to be domesticated.

The Masked Bear mount costs 2,500 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from August 25 to August 29.

af3ed2f33d469cb907a1d6d86e0e5bd3.jpg

Far from town, temple, and market, those of ill intent meet in secret conclave to importune the forces of darkness for power and mastery. Behold here the dire raiment they don for this fell purpose. To wear such vestments is to express a longing for darkness and chaos.

The Dark Shaman costume costs 1,200 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from August 25 to August 29.

We’d love to see screenshots of your characters with these two latest offerings! Share them with us here, on Twitter at /TESOnline, or in Instagram at /elderscrollsonline.
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the Dark Shaman is actually a costume and not a mount? If so, there's a typo in the post.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll pass
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    I'm assuming the Dark Shaman is actually a costume and not a mount? If so, there's a typo in the post.

I hope that the price of the costume is also a typo...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

I hope that the price of the costume is also a typo...

That part is correct, unfortunately.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    After buying that abomination of what is called a "Breton Hero Costume", thanks, but no thanks.
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    that typo :D
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you had made that bear into a panda bear instead of something that sort of looks vaguely like one, you would sell a lot more of them.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Now to decide.

Spend 2500 on a mount and 1200 on a costume, or spend double that trying to get them with Crown Crates in November.

It is just so hard to decide!
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda hoping that's not a typo...would love to ride around on a dark shaman. (I still wouldn't pay for it though). :trollface:
    NA PS4
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my!
    Dark Shaman mount eh? :trollface::3
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Now to decide.

Spend 2500 on a mount and 1200 on a costume, or spend double that trying to get them with Crown Crates in November.

No need to decide! Spend the 3700 on both now and drop another 5k later this year getting the exclusive reskins from the lockboxes! Everybody wins! (where everyone == ZOS)
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Hmm. Now to decide.

No need to decide! Spend the 3700 on both now and drop another 5k later this year getting the exclusive reskins from the lockboxes! Everybody wins! (where everyone == ZOS)

Hmm. Interesting perspective.

Spend 8700 Crowns on these plus the lockbox reskins. I think I have my decision! Thanks!
  • Ingenium01
    Ingenium01
    ✭✭
    Too expensive... Can I earn this in the game? You know the thing where we actually earn stuff from playing the game?
    NA/AD- Malford, Altmer Templar
    "For the Dominion!"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Fixed, thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • swurrv
    swurrv
    Soul Shriven
    I think ZOS really needs to chill out on the prices with these mounts and costumes. Like you guys are really making mounts more than certain dlcs, and almost as expensive as some? Around $20 for one mount and about $10 for a costume? Thats really asking alot for people who are really into the game.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1200 for the shaman costume? Ohh wait... It's limited time (until the loot crates in Nov)!
  • BetrayedKing
    BetrayedKing
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with swurrv. I have missed the last few limited items because they are priced so high! Im tight for cash but im still paying for eso+ yet i would have to drop an extra $30 to $50 to get the only items i want which was limited to 4 days. Its ridiculous. And 2.5k for the bear? Seriously? The guar looks cooler and its not even limited and cheaper. Wdf? I could see 2k maybe.. but still a stretch
    Edited by BetrayedKing on August 25, 2016 8:29PM
    BlazedKnight - Argonian - Ebonheart Pact
    Smokes-Green-Leaf - Kahjiiit - Aldmeri Dominion
    GT: BlazedNight/add me in game, I have zero ppl to play with
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the movement of the Shaman costume (animation) and the recolor ability?
  • Ingenium01
    Ingenium01
    ✭✭
    If you are ESO+ you should have a chance for these to drop in game some times.
    NA/AD- Malford, Altmer Templar
    "For the Dominion!"
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these limited time stuffs gonna be available on Crown Crates as well? :'(
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we put these in lock boxes soon thanks, can't wait to try for them.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to pass this month, A bear that's simply re skinned to look like a panda is unacceptable when asking 2500 crowns for it. Is it supposed to be a Andean short-faced bear? If so then it's poorly done I'm afraid.

It looks more like the afterbirth of when a Honey Badger and a panda get jiggy.