Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

17 New Monster Sets In UPDATE 12! :D

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This better not be a troll. We're going to need to more than one pledge a day.
    @DRXHarbinger
    ZOS announce adding vet dungeons to all dungeons and that completing a vet dungeon guarantees 100% monster helm drop.

Is that an actual zos announcement? Not trying to hate on it it's epic news...like the best news this year imo. Just wants it to be true.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger
    ZOS announce adding vet dungeons to all dungeons and that completing a vet dungeon guarantees 100% monster helm drop.

Is that an actual zos announcement? Not trying to hate on it it's epic news...like the best news this year imo. Just wants it to be true.

Yeah, was announced at Gamescom. Shame they had technically difficulties and couldn't stream it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

Yeah, monster HELM, which is nice, don't get me wrong, but... Those shoulders tho...

Finally an excuse to get rid of prosp / training for these I guess, but the RNG with double the sets is going to be like vMA before they updated the weapon drop chance (for short: absolutely infuriating).

At this point, might as well add undaunted chests inside every dungeon, that way I go at the entrance of City of Ash and get a guaranteed Valkyn Skoria shoulder, still with random weight and trait, but that's still better than 28 sets * 3 weights * 8 traits = 1 chance out of 672, which, since we get 1.5 shoulders a day (50% from silver), would only take about... 448 days to get a specific shoulder.

EDIT: word failed. please kill me.
    Edited by Asmael on August 20, 2016 8:26AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

Yeah, was announced at Gamescom. Shame they had technically difficulties and couldn't stream it.

Lord Sidious Goooood meme required for this. Ice heart wants to be nice and hard to kill now too.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

Lord Sidious Goooood meme required for this. Ice heart wants to be nice and hard to kill now too.

Yup. 100% monster helm drop rate as well!

Confirmed. :)

And Iceheart is mine...

TIP: SAVE YOUR SILVER/GOLD KEYS FOR UPDATE 12

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was also stated everything would be placed on PTS sometime by the end of this month (yes, August). So soon! One Tamriel and everything else! :)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. This sounds horrible. The RNG on shoulders is going to be brutal. A 1 in 30 chance of chest having the shoulder set you want? So that means, on average, a month of doing the daily pledge to get 1 piece you want. And then it will probably be a lousy trait or wrong weight. And the vendor in Cyrodiil will go, on average, 14 months between the shoulder piece you want. And Cyrodiil vendor is a guaranteed bad trait for PvE (Infused is borderline worthless on a shoulder).

Guaranteed head drop of a specific set and Bind-On-Group will make the head piece a reasonable grind. But something needs to be done about the shoulders. 30 keys, on average, for a shoulder you want. 90 keys, on average, for the shoulder you want in preferred weight. 720 keys, on average, for the shoulder you want in preferred weight and preferred trait. That is ridiculous.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    @DRXHarbinger

Yeah, monster HELM, which is nice, don't get me wrong, but... Those shoulders tho...

Finally an excuse to get rid of prosp / training for these I guess, but the RNG with double the sets is going to be like vMA before they updated the weapon drop chance (for short: absolutely infuriating).

At this point, might as well add undaunted chests inside every dungeon, that way I go at the entrance of City of Ash and get a guaranteed Valkyn Skoria shoulder, still with random weight and trait, but that's still better than 28 sets * 3 weights * 8 traits = 1 chance out of 672, which, since we get 1.5 shoulders a day (50% from silver), would only take about... 448 days to get a specific shoulder.

EDIT: word failed. please kill me.

Honestly they should bring back all those chests they removed at launch inside dungeons and offer a chance for shoulders. Just remove the pledges and do something else's there in place cause it seems only logical to have six pledges with One Tamriel
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still didnt get how we get all 17. Number of dungs without vr mode is much less than 17. Does old dung will drop like 2 sets or new vr will be absoultelly new story and new sets as well? Like Engine guardian wil ldrop from normal but new dwemer set from vr?
    Edited by Cinbri on August 20, 2016 8:41AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I still didnt get how we get all 17. Number of dungs without vr mode is much less than 17. Does old dung will drop like 2 sets or new vr will be absoultelly new story and new sets as well? Like Engine guardian wil ldrop from normal but new dwemer set from vr?

What is going to happen is that dungeons will be separated by the story. So Darkshade Caverns has two stories for example. One for normal mode and one for vet. What will happen is that each story will have a normal and vet version so the version where you follow Nedris will have a vet version and the Engine Guardian will be it's own vet version.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still didnt get how we get all 17. Number of dungs without vr mode is much less than 17. Does old dung will drop like 2 sets or what?

@Cinbri
    Also add in the newer dungeons in DLCs.
    http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-group-dungeons/

Aldmeri Dominion Group Dungeons
    1. Banished Cells (level 12-15 on Normal Mode)
    2. Elden Hollow (level 20-23 on Normal Mode)
    3. City of Ash (level 28-31 on Normal Mode)
    4. Tempest Island (level 35-36 on Normal Mode)
    5. Selene’s Web (level 40-43 on Normal Mode)

Daggerfall Covenant Group Dungeons
    6. Spindle Clutch (level 12-15 on Normal Mode)
    7. Way Rest Sewers (level 20-23 on Normal Mode)
    8. Crypt of Hearts (level 28-31 on Normal Mode)
    9. Volenfel (level 35-36 on Normal Mode)
    10. Black Heart Haven (level 40-43 on Normal Mode)

Ebonheart Pact Group Dungeons
    11. Fungal Grotto (level 12-15 on Normal Mode )
    12. Dark Shade Caverns (level 20-23 on Normal Mode)
    13. Arx Corinium (level 28-31 on Normal Mode)
    14. Dire Frost Keep (level 35-36 on Normal Mode)
    15. Blessed Crucible (level 40-43 on Normal Mode)

Coldharbour Dungeon
    16. Vaults of Madness (level 47-50 on Normal Mode)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What is going to happen is that dungeons will be separated by the story. So Darkshade Caverns has two stories for example. One for normal mode and one for vet. What will happen is that each story will have a normal and vet version so the version where you follow Nedris will have a vet version and the Engine Guardian will be it's own vet version.

So than todays normal mode story in Darkshade will have new monster set coz in the end we fought vs guardian that drop it (Sentinel of Rkugamz) and todays vr mode will drop engine as it was?
    Edited by Cinbri on August 20, 2016 8:51AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So than todays normal mode story in Darkshade will have new monster set coz in the end we fought vs guardian that drop it (Sentinel of Rkugamz) and todays vr mode will drop engine as it was?

Correct but the current normal Darkshade will get an amped up Vet version where the helm drop is guaranteed.
  • thewolphub17_ESO
    Hopefully this will mean more tank sets, honestly.

The only usefull ones right now are mighty Chuldan and engine guardian, I would like to see some magicka tank sets plox.

That doesn't even make sense to me. I mean, please correct me if I'm wrong, as I only play a DK Tank, but the 2 piece bonus on Mighty Chudan is worthless.

" While equipped you gain Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280."

Doesn't every class already have access to Majore Ward/Resolve in the form of a self buff (With added utility as well)? They don't stack, correct? I get that you could free up a slot on your hotbar for something else, but it just doesn't seem worth wearing two pieces of armor for one new ability slot when there are other Monster Sets that could provide something better already.
    Edited by thewolphub17_ESO on August 20, 2016 9:01AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The only usefull ones right now are mighty Chuldan and engine guardian, I would like to see some magicka tank sets plox.

That doesn't even make sense to me. I mean, please correct me if I'm wrong, as I only play a DK Tank, but the 2 piece bonus on Mighty Chudan is worthless.

" While equipped you gain Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280."

Doesn't every class already have access to Majore Ward/Resolve in the form of a self buff? They don't stack, correct? I get that you could free up a slot on your hotbar for something else, but it just doesn't seem worth wearing two pieces of armor for one new ability slot when there are other Monster Sets that could provide something better already.

For PvE tanking it does seem pointless. But for PvP tanking, not having to use up a slot to have the wards up is a good thing. Chudan is causing mayhem in PvP xD
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't every class already have access to Majore Ward/Resolve in the form of a self buff? They don't stack, correct? I get that you could free up a slot on your hotbar for something else, but it just doesn't seem worth wearing two pieces of armor for one new ability slot when there are other Monster Sets that could provide something better already.

100% correct. Plus you get all the benefits from the skill, in the case of the dk you get 12% more heals. Plus damage or a ward. So the set is pretty worthless.
  • Lancillotto
    Lancillotto
    ✭✭✭
    If only the monster sets didn't look so ugly... and why is the shoulder piece always on one side only??
    do they want my character to get scoliosis? -_-
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chudan is causing mayhem in PvP xD

I shall tuck this phrase into my pocket, such that it may warm me with giggles when the nights grow dark.

GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! When is update 12 supposed to hit?
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what they do but nerf them all :P
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news! When is update 12 supposed to hit?

PTS hit in 2 weeks update itself in october
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently:
    Normal Darkshade: Easy, original story
    Vet Darkshade: Slightly harder, sequel to the original story

Update 12:
    Normal Darkshade Chapter 1: Easy, original story
    Vet Darkshade Chapter 1: Much harder, original story
    Normal Darkshade Chapter 2: Easy, sequel to the original story
    Vet Darkshade Chapter 2: Much harder, sequel to the original story

So instead of 2 versions of Darkshade, we'll have 4 versions of it: 2 different story versions, each with a separate difficulty tier.

Right now, "Vet" means two different things. For the first 8 dungeons, "Vet" means "sequel" and "somewhat harder than normal". For everything else--vMA, vMoL, vSO, vICP, vRoM, etc.--"Vet" means "exact same story and content as normal" and "much harder difficulty".

After this change, "Vet" will always mean the same thing: same story and content as normal, much harder difficulty. A lot of the complaints that we have about "Vet" in this game stems from people who got used to "Vet" being only a slightly harder faceroll (think Vet Wayrest, lol), and then are shocked to see the much harder "Vet" in ICP, RoM, Maelstrom, etc. Standardizing what "Vet" means will help a lot.

They also mentioned that they'll be doing a complete overhaul of the pledge system, and hopefully this will involve something that gets people to stop turning their nose up at normal difficulty.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone knows yet what they will give?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS is slated for the end of this month--so in just a couple of weeks, so you'll find out all the details very soon.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Information is really awesome. I hope info about pvp improvements will be on same epic. I really do.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 20, 2016 2:58PM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all these new monster sets I really hope see some things like a 1pc mag recovery/max magicka not lots more health ones
  • Drungly
    Drungly
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, the new sets will be completely useless with stupid bonuses which nobody wants. Like 90% of all the sets in this game. In the end the undaunted RNG will be an even bigger nightmare.
    Edited by Drungly on August 20, 2016 3:37PM
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Seems like I am the only one who is really sad that there won't be a new story of all the previous only "normal" mode dungeons.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Seems like I am the only one who is really sad that there won't be a new story of all the previous only "normal" mode dungeons.

It's a big step in the right direction, though, and it lays the groundwork for continuing the stories that were unresolved (Volenfell, Selene's and Vaults, in particular).

Finally, this talk of 17 new masks doesn't quite add up, since there are only 16 normal-mode dungeons in the base game. Either the 17 is an error and they really meant 16, or one of those dungeons is finally getting a sequel.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas: