The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    I only gold my weapons. Gear and enchants are purple. Jewlery is white.
    Do you play mula?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.... people really DO gold stuff out in non vet??? I thought that was just a really long joke that we trash talked each other about. OMG hahahahaha.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Wait.... people really DO gold stuff out in non vet??? I thought that was just a really long joke that we trash talked each other about. OMG hahahahaha.

How am I supposed to pwn noobs without gold gear you idiot

ffs some people
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 26, 2019 4:01AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Git Gud. That would be a start.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    Yep and this is the insanity of people playing non-vet.
    Actually golding out gear to Nuke Noobs.
    Pretty low par.
    Not to say very expensive....
    Reroller heaven though....
    This what non cp has brought us reroller culture.

Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

Git-Gold-CD.jpg
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you just assume my skill level?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't believe that someone gold's weapons but leaves jewelry white. Probably gold enchants, I guess it doesn't matter at all really if it's base trait... Rak will like that, GOLD JEWELS FOR OTHER TRAITS THO FOOL
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5tyy0xon3F4Bc8h29qb6G-SMVcM9rP2SldpnjXaRBifyrx5Yi
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's sexist
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    what's wrong with being sexy?
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    What, no Spinal Tap fans out there?
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH-_GQ6uIZM3QT6yGRuuEBv7j_SjrN2paZBwJvc_zps0dcObGU
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH-_GQ6uIZM3QT6yGRuuEBv7j_SjrN2paZBwJvc_zps0dcObGU

Says the old man! :tongue:
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - looks around -
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Usual salt incoming
    I love this campaign and have defended it in many threads in the past when people talk about re rollers and how they farm in Kyne.

After playing for a couple of weeks (after a 6 month gap) , I finally came across an opponent who seemed extremely new. For two weeks my solo ass has been getting kicked around by guilds. That’s probably not new or unexpected.

What is new is that I was playing AD. I know what you all think, that AD is the Zerg faction with unskilled players. That is probably true. What you may not know is that there are a ton of new players on AD. They really don’t know things we take for granted.

What is also new is that I was in a faction of noobs playing against DC. That is not something I would recommend. I don’t know what it is about DC, but I have never been hit by more dawn breakers, meteors , destro ults and you name it. These skills do not belong in kyne. And even if you use them, you don’t have to use them when you are 3 and I am 1. You can probably kill me with light attacks alone. And FYI , if you are emperor and fighting someone 1v1, you shouldn’t really have to meteor them as well.

Is anyone else sick of this ? Tired of fighting overgeared players who (I admit) are decently skilled. If I’m having this experience (and I like to think that I am of average skill) then can you imagine what a new player must be like ?

I think ZOS should close this campaign and convert it into a no CP 7 day campaign. That is what we need. I don’t think there is any point to keeping Kyne limited to below 50 anymore.

New players will always have access to incredible buffs which are essential in no CP gameplay. They can learn decently and eventually gear vet toons.

If you want to grind meteor and other skills, that’s fine. Atleast fight me on common ground then. Bring your best and let me bring mine. Let’s fight, have a nice post fight conversation and be friends. I am well aware that all this is too much to ask for.
    Edited by An_An on July 30, 2019 1:06PM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, they should just scale any gear above blue quality down to blue quality. Meteor and DB aren't that big of a deal if the people using them don't significantly out-gear the people they're fighting. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement either given that scaling already exists as a prominent feature of the game.

Bonus points if they stealth nerf it so people waste money making gold gear without getting any benefit.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    i would love a 7 day non cp... that would be great
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An_An wrote: »
    Usual salt incoming
    I love this campaign and have defended it in many threads in the past when people talk about re rollers and how they farm in Kyne.

After playing for a couple of weeks (after a 6 month gap) , I finally came across an opponent who seemed extremely new. For two weeks my solo ass has been getting kicked around by guilds. That’s probably not new or unexpected.

What is new is that I was playing AD. I know what you all think, that AD is the Zerg faction with unskilled players. That is probably true. What you may not know is that there are a ton of new players on AD. They really don’t know things we take for granted.

What is also new is that I was in a faction of noobs playing against DC. That is not something I would recommend. I don’t know what it is about DC, but I have never been hit by more dawn breakers, meteors , destro ults and you name it. These skills do not belong in kyne. And even if you use them, you don’t have to use them when you are 3 and I am 1. You can probably kill me with light attacks alone. And FYI , if you have emperor and fighting someone 1v1, you shouldn’t really have to meteor them as well.

Is anyone else sick of this ? Tired of fighting overgeared players who (I admit) are decently skilled. If I’m having this experience (and I like to think that I am of average skill) then can you imagine what a new player must be like ?

I think ZOS should close this campaign and convert it into a no CP 7 day campaign. That is what we need. I don’t think there is any point to keeping Kyne limited to below 50 anymore.

New players will always have access to incredible buffs which are essential in no CP gameplay. They can learn decently and eventually gear vet toons.

If you want to grind meteor and other skills, that’s fine. Atleast fight me on common ground then. Bring your best and let me bring mine. Let’s fight, have a nice post fight conversation and be friends. I am well aware that all this is too much to ask for.

When you first started playing, was it any different? It wasn't for me. I was rolled solo by everyone I came across. They had better gear and more skill than I did. Why did I just not quit pvp and go pve? Why did you stay? We probably have a similar story... probably the same as 95% of the other people who pvp on ESO. We died. A lot. Then we started grouping with others. Then we found a guild or a friend to help us with builds or gear. We learned. Disbanding the under 50 campaign will not change the need for new players to do that. Disbanding the under 50 campaign will also not change the fact that there will always be a percentage of new pvp players who do not want to learn through continually being rolled and will quit, regardless of what campaign they start in.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My amp goes to 11...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

When you first started playing, was it any different? It wasn't for me. I was rolled solo by everyone I came across. They had better gear and more skill than I did. Why did I just not quit pvp and go pve? Why did you stay? We probably have a similar story... probably the same as 95% of the other people who pvp on ESO. We died. A lot. Then we started grouping with others. Then we found a guild or a friend to help us with builds or gear. We learned. Disbanding the under 50 campaign will not change the need for new players to do that. Disbanding the under 50 campaign will also not change the fact that there will always be a percentage of new pvp players who do not want to learn through continually being rolled and will quit, regardless of what campaign they start in.
    I agree with you Lums. People will always get rolled playing solo and some people will quit. That is not unexpected and I am used to it.

But I am getting tired of fighting guilds who are overgeared and grind out these skills. I mean, I've been in these guilds, I know that grinding out dawnbreaker is considered a normal thing to do... They have normalized grinding top tier skills for Kyne... so I don't really blame any specific individual... They're just doing what their friends are ...

Kyne was always intended so that people who have pvp'd longer don't get an unfair advantage over new players. I think it is safe to presume that this core idea has been compromised. Most people who play in Kyne now are re-rollers, so why not?

Also, having a vet no CP campaign would mean you can finally stop deleting characters. I'm sure guilds would improve the quality of their play as well. You will also have access to undaunted gear .. etc etc ... its really a win win either way ... the only thing that will change is that now everyone will gold their gear ... that will create balance. Sotha is kind of overcrowded now and is a 30 day campaign ... I'm sure a lot of people would also like to play in a 7 day campaign especially one without faction locks
    Edited by An_An on July 30, 2019 1:16PM
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not normal though to collect books and get ice comet at level 10 have a horse at 60 at 10 ,because it was designed to do as you went at end game.This is a culture that has sprung up from rerollers who if went into over 50s would have their asses handed to them.
    Reroller culture has a lot to answer for.
    If ZOS is listening it might be wise to ban all gold and purple armour for under 50 game play.
    Edited by Necronhex on July 30, 2019 12:55PM
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know anyone who doesn’t play multiple campaigns(thnx faction lock). But you're welcome to message me your @ name/platform if you wanna try to hand me my ass though.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 30, 2019 2:02PM
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think deleting the under 50 campaign is the answer. If it was converted to a no cp 7 day, more people would have all those skills and gold gear and new players would get rolled even more. It would be even more discouraging to start PVP before level 50 or even cp160.

If they could implement it, the blue gear cap would go a ways toward leveling the field in below 50. The skill discrepancy would still be huge so good players would still wreck. New players would still have to learn to block meteor which is what they should learn in Kyne. They would still learn that skill is the most important advantage so playing and dying against good players is the best way to improve as long as the fights last long enough to learn something.

It would also be an interesting experiment-see who would move on and who would quit. How long would it take to repopulate the ecosystem once apex predators are removed.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 7 day no cp is the way to go. New players wont really get better by fighting the "good" kyne players. If you want to get better you'll need to reflect on what you did and what you could've done better, if the only thing that comes to mind is get better gear or grind out more skills then there's a problem.

Here are some of the problems(off the top of my head) with kyne/mulaamnir in terms of balance:

1) battle scaling is ridiculous. 500+ extra weapon and spell damage from a gold 2h/staff more with dual wield(from purple to gold)
    2) If you are like most people who use alliance potions then Stam >> mag. you need tri potions to sustain stam on mag
    3) Templars are at a disadvantage(no major resistances until later levels)

It is far more cost efficient for new plays to only have to gold out one set of weapons at max level so that they can be on even standing grounds with other players.I am fairy certain you will get better in a much shorter time playing in vet campaigns than under 50.

**On a side note, and I mean this in the nicest way possible but ... I can think of maybe 3 (top tier kyne players) people who would actually be considered good in vet**
    - not saying the rest don't have the potential to become better but when you just db someone at near full health and go immediately into execute because of gear differences . . . well you wont be getting better.

Making mulaamnir a 7 day no cp, without faction locks would benefit everyone imo.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay bump that 3 up to like 5-7ish.
    Most people that come to mind are AD
    FOR THE QUEEEN! ad best alliance!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the old top tier kyne players don’t play anymore. Most folks just play vet now. I know
    I only rolled through recently to level a stamcro.

There are a ton of former nonvet players that are extremely strong in vet now. Lots of their names are just so old that folks here don’t know them anymore.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh I know, was thinking more the people who only play in kyne or for the most part play in kyne. Which is why I said that there are people with the potential to become really good players in vet too. scratch that not in vet too , in "sotha" because vivec is unplayable rn. Im done with that place.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big issue with the gear discrepancy is that it makes it more difficult to judge how good you actually are relative to other players. If we go under the assumption that non-vet is supposed to be the place for new players to learn PVP (which I’m not 100% sure if I agree with, but that’s a whole different discussion), then having a huge difference in gear quality makes it really difficult for new players to know how good or bad they actually are. If a player wearing green or blue gear loses a fight, how are they supposed to know if the player the lost to is better than them or if they just have significantly better gear. If somebody in lower-quality gear is consistently running into people who out-gear them, they may think that they’re worse than they actually are. Likewise if somebody running high-quality gear is steamrolling people with low quality gear, they may think they’re better than they actually are.

Capping gear at blue quality would at least level the playing field in terms of arbitrary advantages so new players can have a better understanding of how well they’re actually performing relative to their peers.
This discussion has been closed.