The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    3 days in a row I've gotten bagged. Does that mean I'm finally getting good?

I suppose it depends on who bags you . . . Some people are indiscriminate baggers. ;-p

On a separate note, went into VIvec for the first time yesterday-holy crap-and I thought Kyne got zergy. I suppose you have to run with a guild to actually accomplish anything there?
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing ever gets accomplished in Vivec, that is the secret.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

I suppose it depends on who bags you . . . Some people are indiscriminate baggers. ;-p

On a separate note, went into VIvec for the first time yesterday-holy crap-and I thought Kyne got zergy. I suppose you have to run with a guild to actually accomplish anything there?

"Accomplish" is a very loose term in vivec lol. I run solo or with one other person. Most of the fun I have is open field fights between the usual sej/brk or nik/ash. I try to stay away from the big blobs that tend to end up at the same place. Most of the time the map does not move much. Where there is a blob, you will find smaller fights break out on the edges. Its really odd sometimes, you will see all three factions locked but cant find any players lol. But you wont have to wait long at the front before something will happen.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gabe.....jinx
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

NICE!!! congratulations!!

@TipsyDrow After running into you the other day on Fronk (Magdk incarnation of Frank) I deleted him and made a new Frank (spear chuckin Temp). I had the most fun I have had in a long time with that fat lizurd last night. Got him to lvl 10 then went to a few well known dueling spots and won 26 matches lol. The best match I had went on for 12 min with a max stamdk. It was epic and I was all sweaty afterwards ahha. I did lose that one in the end tho I was glad for it to be over. I will probably pop in just to see if Frank can grace you with a spear to the face or two, :p but for the most part he is for vivec : ))

Must have big picture of Frank! Can NOT FIND!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Nothing ever gets accomplished in CYCLICAL PVP WITH TRIVIAL SCORING MECHANICS AND MEANINGLESS FEEDBACK LOOPS FOR NOMINALLY PRODUCTIVE ACTIONS.

I like doing writs tho.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one? : ))

30ddqis.jpg
    GM of BYTE
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rak loves nickleback
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    This one? : ))

30ddqis.jpg

<3 This is Franks wave after every javelin. He's ever so friendly.
    Edited by TipsyDrow on July 19, 2018 6:10AM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Rak loves nickleback

no... that's saber
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Sreja_Bone wrote: »
    ... Wuthering Heights

Wow, you really take the English major bit seriously. Once in high school was enough Bronte for me. Too much of a fantasy geek, I guess.

Actually, my oldest daughter takes reading much more serious than i do. She has been reading since she was two and averages about a book a week. It took me ten years to get through the wheel of time series.

it took jordan 20 to write it!!! *flails*

And he didn't even finish.... *sniff*
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    ... Wuthering Heights

Wow, you really take the English major bit seriously. Once in high school was enough Bronte for me. Too much of a fantasy geek, I guess.

Actually, my oldest daughter takes reading much more serious than i do. She has been reading since she was two and averages about a book a week. It took me ten years to get through the wheel of time series.

And at then end of those ten years, you realized Robert Jordan was a really bad writer and that you wanted your life back, right?
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS. You’ve once again reminded me why I dropped my sub. I see the same EP player that exploits into keeps over and over again is back doing it again. Reporting does nothing. Posting in the forums does nothing. GG.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Wuthering Heights

And at then end of those ten years, you realized Robert Jordan was a really bad writer and that you wanted your life back, right?

The Wheel of Time is my all time favorite fantasy series. The Sword of Truth is a close second.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marcus684 , have you tried asking them how they’re doing it? Do you know how they do it?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I know who he is talking about, and saw him countless times chaining himself to the front door mage guards. It's definitely not done on accident.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I know who it is too. Sort of disappointing. Just record and report.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s on his NB and he Ambushes people as they try to get inside the keep, then proceeds to gank unsuspecting people on siege. He’s been doing it for months, and I’ve reported him multiple times, and even cited his cheating as the reason I was dropping my sub. He’s still doing it, ergo ZOS doesn’t care about cheating, unless you can get a skin too easily doing so.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you name him. Naming people on forum is usually against the rule, but if he's cheating, why not.
    I'm really wondering who it is lol
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Why don't you name him. Naming people on forum is usually against the rule, but if he's cheating, why not.

If you want to see it for yourself, log onto a DC character the next time EP makes a big push to take Ales. You’ll see him inside the keep before the wall goes down, both outer and inner. If he’s on his NB he does it every time.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure naming on the forums is still against the rules regardless of whether or not the named person is cheating.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any of that lately, I guess I'm lucky.

@Colours Well that's lame!! We should be allowed to report on forums, as long we provide clear proofs
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Colours Well that's lame!! We should be allowed to report on forums, as long we provide clear proofs

The problem is that some people think that normal gameplay, like moving at speed cap or getting hit with 4 skills in a single second, is "clear proof" of cheating.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd assume the reasoning behind it is that false accusations, whether done intentionally or through ignorance, can unfairly tarnish the reputation of somebody within the ESO community. What may seem like clear proof to some might not actually prove anything, and somebody with malicious intentions may be able to make something that doesn't prove anything look or sound like clear proof. While I'm doubtful it is something that would happen often, it wouldn't be surprising to see an online gaming community go on a "witch hunt" against somebody who was falsely accused of cheating, and no naming and shaming policies are supposed to protect against that. That being said, I wouldn't mind if ZOS had some sort of "Wall of Shame" or something for players they've been able to prove internally are cheating.

• Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding people ambushing into keeps -

Here is my reasoning on why it is not a banable offense and why ZoS ignores it:

In defense of animation cancelling ZoS explained how it was not an initially intended "feature".
    I'm not pretending to know how the game handles players going through doors, but if a player clicks on a door to go through it there is clearly a split second in time when the opposing player gap closing is able to get through. Is that an exploit, or an unintended feature? Unintended feature at this point is a very reasonable conclusion. It has been in the game for 4 years, they know about it, and yet they have never fixed it. If something like that has been occurring for 4 years and they still have not patched it, perhaps there is nothing they can do about it? And thus it is an unintended feature because you cannot go around banning players who simply gap close at the perfect time. It's just how the game works, letting the player in.

Because, there is always this defense:

"I was simply gap closing on another player in order to use fear on them and attempt to kill them before they enter the door."

It's just how the game works.
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razier wrote: »
    Regarding people ambushing into keeps -

Here is my reasoning on why it is not a banable offense and why ZoS ignores it:

In defense of animation cancelling ZoS explained how it was not an initially intended "feature".
    I'm not pretending to know how the game handles players going through doors, but if a player clicks on a door to go through it there is clearly a split second in time when the opposing player gap closing is able to get through. Is that an exploit, or an unintended feature? Unintended feature at this point is a very reasonable conclusion. It has been in the game for 4 years, they know about it, and yet they have never fixed it. If something like that has been occurring for 4 years and they still have not patched it, perhaps there is nothing they can do about it? And thus it is an unintended feature because you cannot go around banning players who simply gap close at the perfect time. It's just how the game works, letting the player in.

Because, there is always this defense:

"I was simply gap closing on another player in order to use fear on them and attempt to kill them before they enter the door."

It's just how the game works.

Im pretty sure they were banning people for this at some point. Don't quote me but I feel like around morrowind there was some banning going on for this... or maybe that was gapclose onto guards... idk but i think they were banning some sort of back door keep entry.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    I see lots of the same old names in here. Any new players joining the game?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ColoursYouHave Fair enough, I agree now. And I also agree that they should add a wall of shame for people who got banned and the reason why. Like for K*****p :tongue:
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

No

Yes, new players join our groups every day with questions like "Where can I buy siege?" followed shortly by "How do I leave Cryodiil?"
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
This discussion has been closed.