Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No clue to be honest. I don't think it was a faction wide sentiment. Think it was more one person leading a group that didn't want to to push for emp due to them being in the #2 spot.
    Edited by MajBludd on September 20, 2017 2:05PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    No clue to be honest. I don't think it was a faction wide sentiment. Think it was more one person leading a group that didn't want to to push for emp due to them being in the #2 spot.

Hmmmm.... could be. Raci is pretty cool, actually. Was in ZZ for a while, then left to emp on dc. Came back and I gave him a pretty hard time for leaving (there were other extenuating circumstances with that move to DC), but that was a while ago. :) Been on EP ever since. If you are in Kyne, pretty good chance you'll run into him.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've honestly never heard anyone express any problem with Raci, always seemed pretty chill.

But if the main group lead thought they could pass and crown themselves, that's probably it--esp. since EP doesn't always have multiple thrones per campaign at the moment, so taking turns might not have seemed like a good option.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah he has always been cool and helpful whenever I've asked him about anything
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... could be. Raci is pretty cool, actually. Was in ZZ for a while, then left to emp on dc. Came back and I gave him a pretty hard time for leaving (there were other extenuating circumstances with that move to DC), but that was a while ago. :) Been on EP ever since. If you are in Kyne, pretty good chance you'll run into him.

I think Raci is a good player to Emp, and he seems very active.

What was his name on DC?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there was one guy a few people wanted to prevent from emping on DC a couple weeks ago, and a select few people made EP toons to prevent him from doing so. Which of course didn't work ,and of course they haven't come back to DC. I don't see why people go through so much trouble when they could simply just not play instead. If I don't like whoever is #1, I just go do other stuff, I don't feel an overwhelming desire to be a *** about it.

Although one time we did make an exception for good ole Mr. V and put down 20 oils on the ground at BRK. We ran out of em after an hour though, so even that didn't work lol

Edited by gabriebe on September 20, 2017 2:56PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raci is definitely a cool individual in my experience, and I'm always glad when we get to fight.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't pay attention who is in first place, I push for everyone. However, I do like it more when an active DC player gets Emp.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 20, 2017 3:33PM

• DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raci would certainly make a beast of an emp, any EP who would rather not allow him and the faction the Emp bonuses is a fool.

Its merely a symptom of a larger issue for EP in Kyne though. Lack of responsible leadership = less fun = lower population = increased difficulty = lower player retention.

There are great players on EP, but they are most frequently playing alone, or shadowing an EP zerg looking for stragglers to fight. Rarely are they ever seen leading. Which is fine if leading isn't your thing, but that wealth of knowledge and experience doesn't get passed on to newer players, leaving the inexperienced struggling to pull together groups of randoms with even less experience. Without guidance they inevitably fail, become disheartened and leave, or switch factions.

Playing on EP in the current climate is like playing on hard mode, but I feel like very recently its shifting as more EP players are returning to play in Kyne more often. I guarantee if you compared all the final EP campaign scores from the beginning of the year to now you would see a sharp increase in the last month or so.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also doesn't help when new people come in and have to fight established guilds in all purple and gold gear. Most people will deny it but gold weapons, at a minimum, are used by a large majority of the people that re-roll to stay in BwB. It's usually the people who claim to be in all blue gear that are just very good with their rotation. Pretty hard for new people to compete against that. That's why @Itsnotarealwar left. Nobody should be able to 1v6 or 1v8 in this campaign. If they can they need to move on and let noobs be noobs.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha is more fun anyway and requires less grinding.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Sotha is more fun anyway and requires less grinding.

I find vet more fun and I'm happy not to deal with the grind. But at least for this blue, Sotha is not fun. The reigning DC guilds are not fun to play with or around. (I imagine they're no fun to play against, either.)

I've been having a blast in Shor!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    It also doesn't help when new people come in and have to fight established guilds in all purple and gold gear. Most people will deny it but gold weapons, at a minimum, are used by a large majority of the people that re-roll to stay in BwB. It's usually the people who claim to be in all blue gear that are just very good with their rotation. Pretty hard for new people to compete against that. That's why @Itsnotarealwar left. Nobody should be able to 1v6 or 1v8 in this campaign. If they can they need to move on and let noobs be noobs.

See thats where I disagree with you.

I have rerolled countless times. I admit my gear is purple from Level 26 on, and yes I do carry gold* weapons for a few of the later 30s and early 40s. I typically try and use at least 1 set I already have when I build a new toon to cut down on grinding. For me its all about trying something new or perfecting an idea. Since everything scales to 160, the high quality gear will give me an idea of what kind of stats I can achieve at max level.

But also I seek friends to play with, bounce ideas off of, learn things from and teach the benefit of my experience.

I firmly believe Kyne is the best place for this, and not just noob on noob violence.

* Gold weapons add an additional 500 spell/ weapon damage over purple, however at one level above that weapon it drops significantly, and at two levels is nearly equivalent to a purple weapon at your level. It's really not practical to keep a gold weapon at every 2 levels. Im sure you know this strid but it's more for those who don't.

Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The other day when EP was one keep from emping Raci. Some decided it was best to hit Dragonclaw then move on DC scrolls.

I think this was mostly because they didn't want to emp Raci. Which was expressed in zone when an individual stated they had no interest in emping him. This person was leading probably the biggest group at that time.

That logic is a bit ridiculous because emping helps the whole faction. I don't find this on DC, not sure about AD. But I've never seen where DC sits back intentionally not pushing last emp keep.

That absolutely happens on DC. It's not hard to think of three or four names of people that the DC guilds have intentionally refrained from emping, and at least in one case switched to EP in order to prevent from emping.

there has been only 1 person that i refused to push for ... but thats cause i have personally seen said person trash talking DC while PLAYING on DC
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Wolf doesn't become emp because he is an OLD PERSON
    :p
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually run purple weapons and blue gear. Usually when I hit lvl 40 I switch to purple gear. Think I made one gold weapon in bwb. When I saw how much damage I lost on the next lvl I didn't do it again.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha is too static on DC. I don't think it's particularly exciting for anyone to push emp for the same person for what, 5-6 months now? Kyne has plenty of people going for emp all the time, but they usually take a couple weeks off before trying again. Keeps things fresh a bit by changing the dynamic almost every campaign.

The only gold stuff I use is the rare useful gear I get in the mail from RotW.
    Edited by gabriebe on September 20, 2017 7:29PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »

See thats where I disagree with you.

I have rerolled countless times. I admit my gear is purple from Level 26 on, and yes I do carry gold* weapons for a few of the later 30s and early 40s. I typically try and use at least 1 set I already have when I build a new toon to cut down on grinding. For me its all about trying something new or perfecting an idea. Since everything scales to 160, the high quality gear will give me an idea of what kind of stats I can achieve at max level.

But also I seek friends to play with, bounce ideas off of, learn things from and teach the benefit of my experience.

I firmly believe Kyne is the best place for this, and not just noob on noob violence.

* Gold weapons add an additional 500 spell/ weapon damage over purple, however at one level above that weapon it drops significantly, and at two levels is nearly equivalent to a purple weapon at your level. It's really not practical to keep a gold weapon at every 2 levels. Im sure you know this strid but it's more for those who don't.

What part do you disagree with? Let's talk about it.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I think Raci is a good player to Emp, and he seems very active.

What was his name on DC?

Raci The Disenfranchised and Raci The Unloved. This was the reason there was some tension between him and some of ZZ, myself included... but that was quite a while ago.
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I hope Wolf doesn't become emp because he is an OLD PERSON
    :p

Hey! I think I'm older than wolf!
    Obituary:
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could afford gold weapons in BWB. I only own a single gold item; a CP160 Hunding's Sword. I do have a lot of purple gear I use for BWB though. Maybe I am part of the problem...
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could afford gold weapons in BWB. I only own a single gold item; a CP160 Hunding's Sword. I do have a lot of purple gear I use for BWB though. Maybe I am part of the problem...

That's not it at all man. I had a chance to watch a friend be new to the game and knowing what I know, but seeing it from his perspective, I felt pretty guilty. I watched 5 or 6 of my own guild members wipe a group of 16 EP in open field battle. That's when I knew that a new person has no chance at all. We have at a minimum 1 year more experience in PvP and some of us up to 3 more than a new person. An organized guild group in all purple and some gold is demoralizing to new people. I never thought of it until I saw it from a different perspective. That's perhaps 1 reason many new people don't stick around. That's all I was really saying.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back when I was new we had plenty of op stuff, and players with CP. My build was all messed up, all white and green gear with points in all the wrong places.

I survived, and many others did too. Sometimes a noob learns from getting tossed around by good players. I'm sure you guys message each other and say things like "bro what is your build, you totally spanked me". Then friendships are created.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding some much needed value to the conversation as usual.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not it at all man. I had a chance to watch a friend be new to the game and knowing what I know, but seeing it from his perspective, I felt pretty guilty. I watched 5 or 6 of my own guild members wipe a group of 16 EP in open field battle. That's when I knew that a new person has no chance at all. We have at a minimum 1 year more experience in PvP and some of us up to 3 more than a new person. An organized guild group in all purple and some gold is demoralizing to new people. I never thought of it until I saw it from a different perspective. That's perhaps 1 reason many new people don't stick around. That's all I was really saying.

I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually didn't mind getting completely smoked when I first started playing. It gave me something to aspire to. I always thought "wow, these people are so good, I want to get better so I can be the one running around killing everybody." But I also tend to be pretty competitive and when I decide I want to be good at something, I am willing to go through plenty of growing pains to get there. I don't know that a ton of new players feel the same way though. But then again, if potential PVPers don't have at least somewhat of a competitive mindset, are they really going to stick around that long anyways? If BWB didn't have people with years of experience wearing purple and gold gear, and the campaign did cater more towards "noobs," what would happen when they got into Vet PVP? Would they be met with the same harsh reality they experience now when they enter BWB and get steamrolled by experienced players? Would they just stay in BWB and ultimately become the ones steamrolling new players? I definitely agree that PVP can be very difficult for new players to get into, but I'm not sure how big of a problem it is, and if it is something even worth addressing. Many PVP games can ease new players into everything with a matchmaking system so they will typically be playing against people at a similar skill level, but that is obviously something you can't do with open-world PVP.

I know I'm kind of rambling at this point, but it is pretty interesting to think about. Personally, I don't think this is something that ZOS really needs to address, and I don't think it is fair to ask that other players intentionally handicap themselves for the sake of new players. I think the best way to improve the new-player experience is to have veteran players who are willing to take time to help out new players, whether it be teaching them game mechanics, helping them get gear, inviting them into groups, whatever. I mean, for as long as I can remember, BWB has had plenty of new players and strong experienced players, and the campaign is still alive to this day. Something must be encouraging new players to stick around, and I think more than anything it is the community. I've met plenty of super friendly, helpful people who have crafted me gear, given me build advice, explained combat mechanics, etc., and ever since I've been in a position to do so, I've always tried to pay it forward by doing the same for other new players. As long as people continue to "pass the torch" in that regard, I still think that plenty of new players will come to Cyrodiil and stick around for the long haul.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Likewise. Its a game and i think you forgot that.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you. There are no issues worth addressing in my opinion either. I was just sharing the perspective a brand new player. And I stand by my statement that if you can 1vX, you probably don't belong in BwB.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think even if a new player came in with all gold gear they'd still get smoked.

In my opinion one of the biggest issues in non vet are the organized guilds that have years of experience playing together. No new player can come in and compete with those guilds. Hell, a lot of the ppl who have pvp experience get wrecked by those guilds.

To me it's a question of at what point do those guilds move on to vet? Some people may not like vet cause of lag, or various other reasons and that's why those guilds stay in non vet.

For me I hate proc sets. If they had a cp enabled server with no monster sets, at the least, I'd leave kyne.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!!! Really?????? I can't believe you just said that. Haha. That's hilarious coming from you.
    Edit: And I don't even really play anymore. Maybe 1 to 2 hours a week. I just check my mails and decorate my house. I spend more time here than in the game.
    Edited by Stridig on September 21, 2017 1:35AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol!!!!! Really?????? I can't believe you just said that. Haha. That's hilarious coming from you.
    Edit: And I don't even really play anymore. Maybe 1 to 2 hours a week. I just check my mails and decorate my house. I spend more time here than in the game.

So you are here just to troll the forums?

I find it funny how players like you played in bwb/kyne for a long time and now just started caring about noobs when you don't even play in the campaign.

You deserve a big fat lol button. :)

s-l300.jpg

This discussion has been closed.