The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I will be one of those Dks still running around with a resto, but this is really not for myself. AD has such a problem. The problem of lack of effing healers! So, me being the mom type player I am... lol, I run resto on pretty much every build I have to help with the lack of healers. I sacrifice the damage output or what have you for some good ol fashioned healing bc damn if I wanna wipe bc these dummies don't have ANY, also makes me feel good when I see that guy over there dying and I save him with awesomesauce!
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on January 23, 2017 10:49PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huge difference in build and tactics when running a magDK in groups vs solo/small man groups. Wings are not just for reflecting. There is a mind game going on in group play. Wings will make people do things they arent comfortable doing, or wouldn't normally do. Thats when mistakes are made.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Huge difference in build and tactics when running a magDK in groups vs solo/small man groups. Wings are not just for reflecting. There is a mind game going on in group play. Wings will make people do things they arent comfortable doing, or wouldn't normally do. Thats when mistakes are made.

Very true. In groups, I see an enemy pop wings, I say aw hell no and change targets, the rest of the group can take care of em. That is unless it's Adenoma cuz I crave that KB. :p
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my wings-free life I've actually noticed that when people realize I'm a magDK they just seem to stop shooting projectiles at me as if they think I'm running wings. Intimidation factor is real.
    Edited by Adenoma on January 23, 2017 11:42PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if I'm living the magDK life I might even think about running something other than trash/alliance vendor pots. I've only done that a few times and I was amazed how much more performance you get. Then I decided I was too cheap and went back to trash pots.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Also, if I'm living the magDK life I might even think about running something other than trash/alliance vendor pots. I've only done that a few times and I was amazed how much more performance you get. Then I decided I was too cheap and went back to trash pots.

Oh definitely make your own, they're a bit stronger and you can custom tailor them for what you need. Or wait.. No don't do that. I would like to kill you someday.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray for mag dks. Now about this bow tree. Volley feels pretty powerful/end gamey don't we agree

I'm 100% with you on this one... and while we're on this topic, Momentum is a pretty straight-forward, new-player friendly skill, right? Meanwhile Cleave is such a complex skill that nobody has even figured out how to use it effectively yet. It only makes sense to swap the two, doesn't it? Maybe at least make Cleave the last skill and move everything up one slot..
    To be honest, a lot of folks are going to think magDK suddenly became OP and it hasn't. I'm just excited because I hate running healing ward on literally every single non-templar magicka build that I make. There's no diversity and I hate it.

Basically, there are two things that I take out of this patch as a magDK obsessed player:
    1.) We don't need to do resto anymore
    2.) Thanks for +5% damage on whip

That's not a huge and helpful update. They nerfed wings (which I haven't run in ages so I'm not affected - they've been garbage for a while) and haven't addressed any of the sustain issues inherent to the class.

But hey, baby steps.

Yeah, I don't really think that Mag DKs are going to be significantly stronger, but I'm happy because I feel like they are opening up more possibilities with the class. Like you said, the fact that they don't need Healing Ward for a reliable self-heal (and it isn't even that reliable since your ward will hit other players if they have lower health) will free up one weapon slot. And I may be more excited than most that they are making Empowering Chains undodgeable, as I hate playing without a gap closer, especially on a class that struggles with movement speed, and Invasion is such a huge drain on your stamina pool as a Mag DK. My next iteration of Mag DK may even scrap S&B altogether. The extra damage on whip is just a nice bonus.

I pretty much always have at least a handful of Restore Magicka/Immovable/Detect pots on any Magicka build I run, but because I'm also very poor I primarily use crown tri-pots since I never spend my subscriber crowns on anything else. Few things frustrate me more than a NB sneaking their way out of a fight, so having Detect pots saves me a lot of stress.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, when I play magDK I just wait for them to come to me. For whatever reason when I'm wearing a white wedding dress with a white mask I don't need gap closers too often.

I'm 100% unexcited about the chains change. Apparently they're still screwing up on uneven ground - that's enough for me to not have bar space. I've never run invasion to try and help gap close either. I used to when you had stam regen while blocking.

I think at some point soon I'm going to start running pots. It does suck to run only stam/mag trash pots. I feel like I should run bipots at the very least. I don't think I'd run tripots either way. And I'm a patient man - kinda like the gap closer thing, people always end up coming out of stealth around me.

• DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

I pretty much always have at least a handful of Restore Magicka/Immovable/Detect pots on any Magicka build I run, but because I'm also very poor I primarily use crown tri-pots since I never spend my subscriber crowns on anything else. Few things frustrate me more than a NB sneaking their way out of a fight, so having Detect pots saves me a lot of stress.

I will often pop a skill point into keen eye: reagents on new toons so I can remember to collect ingredients while grinding or wandering cyrodiil, then pass them to my master alchemists and make whatever. I'm fond of health +magicka + immovable pots myself. Also a fan of poisons on certain builds.
    See, when I play magDK I just wait for them to come to me. For whatever reason when I'm wearing a white wedding dress with a white mask I don't need gap closers too often.

Having been up close, I'll be very happy to stay a good 15m away from you at all times. Where I like to be any way. Just can't stand the smell of rotten bananas. :#
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 100% unexcited about the chains change. Apparently they're still screwing up on uneven ground - that's enough for me to not have bar space. I've never run invasion to try and help gap close either. I used to when you had stam regen while blocking.

I think at some point soon I'm going to start running pots. It does suck to run only stam/mag trash pots. I feel like I should run bipots at the very least. I don't think I'd run tripots either way. And I'm a patient man - kinda like the gap closer thing, people always end up coming out of stealth around me.

Ahh, see, my excitement towards them fixing chains assumes that it actually works. I thought I read that in a previous patch they made some changes to alleviate that issue too, but I haven't actually hopped onto the PTS to try it yet, and I'm sure we all know how effective ZOS is at fixing gap closers...

And you've got the name recognition that I don't! Everybody wants to land a KB on the big name players! Although at the same time I'm not completely sure that I want that name recognition. I mean, I do alright in PVP, but I don't know that I want to become a main target for people. And really, me wanting to run gap closers and detect pots isn't about people avoiding fights before they even begin, but rather people trying to dip out of a fight after I've nearly won. I guess I could take it as a compliment since it means that person probably doesn't think they even have a chance to turn things around and win the fight, but when something happens such as nearly getting killed by a horse ganker but managing to survive and stabilize to the point where I can turn the fight around, only for them to run/stealth off into the night, it just feels so unsatisfying.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It most certainly is a blue ball when they dip out. On my stamDK I try to get them out with volatile armor and on magDK there is simply no escape. So much AOE.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

And you've got the name recognition that I don't! Everybody wants to land a KB on the big name players! Although at the same time I'm not completely sure that I want that name recognition. I mean, I do alright in PVP, but I don't know that I want to become a main target for people. And really, me wanting to run gap closers and detect pots isn't about people avoiding fights before they even begin, but rather people trying to dip out of a fight after I've nearly won. I guess I could take it as a compliment since it means that person probably doesn't think they even have a chance to turn things around and win the fight, but when something happens such as nearly getting killed by a horse ganker but managing to survive and stabilize to the point where I can turn the fight around, only for them to run/stealth off into the night, it just feels so unsatisfying.

Don't you worry Colours, you're on my hit list too, and I promise to never dip on a fair fight. If I'm outnumbered though, this might be me :1236166938_lion_hunting.gif

PS sorry about the copius gifing, I have been bored.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on January 24, 2017 4:01AM
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More good fights tonight. Thank you EP for bringing some life back to the map!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oddly, (and nobody will agree with me on this) the big winner on DK changes in BWB is Green Dragon Blood.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oddly, (and nobody will agree with me on this) the big winner on DK changes in BWB is Green Dragon Blood.

Agreed, I have always ran GDB. They didn't fix what is really wrong with it so I will take the added healing revived. I think the major buffs are really the only thing wrong with it. The only potions you can use are mag pots, and that sucks.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB is disgusting for @DeadlyRecluse . When I watch you use it or play tank builds I feel dirty afterwards.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

absolutely some GREAT fights last night ... was an eventful night and it was nice seeing EP making some moves
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

absolutely some GREAT fights last night ... was an eventful night and it was nice seeing EP making some moves

Hey, thanks for running me over yesterday!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

lol anytime... :D was fun... oddly enough we had a full group ( doesn't happen TOO often when the PUGz group is full ) but we were running VERY strong last night ... we had everyone/most of us in TS as well
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also... Spinner's on a magsorc is amazing

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol anytime... :D was fun... oddly enough we had a full group ( doesn't happen TOO often when the PUGz group is full ) but we were running VERY strong last night ... we had everyone/most of us in TS as well

No joke... I was trying to catch up to my group with a couple others coming up that hill... We saw 1 DC and we're like... Get him! Then... Ahhhhh more! And got swamped... Got a Rez, then you all came back again for fun.... I just lay there in a fetal position for a while and then said. . oh, look...wolf....
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i even bursted down @DeadlyRecluse last night ... his whisper afterwords was HILARIOUS .... I forgot how much burst a magsorc can have .... currently im running 5x Julianos and 5x Spinners ... and using spell damage/crit pots
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 24, 2017 2:29PM

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i even bursted down @DeadlyRecluse last night ... his whisper afterwords was HILARIOUS .... I forgot how much burst a magsorc can have .... currently im running 5x Julianos and 5x Spinners ... and using spell damage/crit pots

Hmmm... I will go back to my magsorc after my stamblade vets... Maybe I will l2p. :)
    Obituary:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

: D
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    def running the new magsorc differently than i ran fang of blackwater though.... with him i used dw/resto and stacked shields ... the new sorc "Ŵølf" im running destro/resto with ONLY 1 shield ( currently annulment )

• DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww I missed all the fun :'(
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DCeiver0 yeah there were some very fun fights... PUGz ran very tightly and ran as if we were a train from one keep to the next defending and taking back

• Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml I'm coming over to ep :D let's Zerg the map!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No joke... I was trying to catch up to my group with a couple others coming up that hill... We saw 1 DC and we're like... Get him! Then... Ahhhhh more! And got swamped... Got a Rez, then you all came back again for fun.... I just lay there in a fetal position for a while and then said. . oh, look...Ŵølf....

also...... fixed it for u :P
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 24, 2017 5:34PM

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all I've been wanting to join the forums for a while and finally got round to it! You may know me as Pierre the annoying Templar or Sorc who dies loads :astonished:
    Edited by Vetixio on January 24, 2017 7:53PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
This discussion has been closed.