The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Yikes

BUCKLE UP!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    THEY FIXED DRAGONSBLOOD. QUICK, SHOW ME YOUR DK. I LOVE DKS.

I was thinking they fixed the Major buffs so that I could use tri-pots : (

Ill take what I can get tho : ))

Edited by Valen_Byte on January 23, 2017 6:44PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shines the ZOS signal into the air!!! (you know like the batman signal) @ZOS_DaryaK we need you :)
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

So...how's about that Dragon Blood update? Pretty neat, huh?

Well we DO need something. Its hard to rely on whip and embers for a heal and Dragon Leap for an execute/damage shield. I'm ok without the execute but having a reliable heal will change how I'm forced to play. If it works it will be great.

I'm genuinely curious to see how moving the heal buff to Green Dragon Blood changes my stam-dk too.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    That was extremely fast and reliable on ZoS's end.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Shines the ZOS signal into the air!!! (you know like the batman signal) @ZOS_DaryaK we need you :)
    no no no. wait wait. before this thread gets repercussions again, I would like @ZOS_DaryaK to please acknowledge that there is a specific body in this thread that causes trouble and that the rest of us have to put up with it.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS! <3
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Ty :smile:
    GM of BYTE
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Fun defence at fare tonight! Swiss cheese, multiple breaches and manning multiple fire trebs to keep out yellows in wedding dresses! :)

Oh yes, fare... lol Valen and I tried so hard to get to there before it flipped, we were a tad too late and as soon as we came inside it flipped and the guards spawned and with that and you guys, we got smoked! :D

Then the group that went to attack it asked for help so we went... I couldn't believe after all the wipes that AD has seen EP and DC go through trying to front door a defended keep... there they were hitting the damn front door. Tried to help them, tried to tell them, wouldn't listen. We did what we could and I eventually left them to their idiocy. Something I don't think I have ever done. Told them in zone after I left how arrogant it was to think they could just waltz in the front door, undefended, sure whatever but defended? LOL No, just no.

I'm fairly sure they were the reason I got a massive headache so I went to bed and left them to their shenanigans lmfao!

I've seen the late-night AD Zerg repeatedly wipe trying to front door a well-defended Ash or Sej so many times that it doesn't even shock me anymore.

Yikes

Well we DO need something. Its hard to rely on whip and embers for a heal and Dragon Leap for an execute/damage shield. I'm ok without the execute but having a reliable heal will change how I'm forced to play. If it works it will be great.

I'm super excited about this. It was just the other day I commented how my Mag DK can't run Destro because he relies on Healing Ward to have consistent heals. It's a shame that my Mag DK will probably vet out before the patch hits, but there's always time to roll another one!
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm super excited about this. It was just the other day I commented how my Mag DK can't run Destro because he relies on Healing Ward to have consistent heals. It's a shame that my Mag DK will probably vet out before the patch hits, but there's always time to roll another one!

So many magdks running around with resto staffs. I guess that's about to change!
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray for mag dks. Now about this bow tree. Volley feels pretty powerful/end gamey don't we agree
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Fun defence at fare tonight! Swiss cheese, multiple breaches and manning multiple fire trebs to keep out yellows in wedding dresses! :)

Oh yes, fare... lol Valen and I tried so hard to get to there before it flipped, we were a tad too late and as soon as we came inside it flipped and the guards spawned and with that and you guys, we got smoked! :D

Then the group that went to attack it asked for help so we went... I couldn't believe after all the wipes that AD has seen EP and DC go through trying to front door a defended keep... there they were hitting the damn front door. Tried to help them, tried to tell them, wouldn't listen. We did what we could and I eventually left them to their idiocy. Something I don't think I have ever done. Told them in zone after I left how arrogant it was to think they could just waltz in the front door, undefended, sure whatever but defended? LOL No, just no.

I'm fairly sure they were the reason I got a massive headache so I went to bed and left them to their shenanigans lmfao!

I've seen the late-night AD Zerg repeatedly wipe trying to front door a well-defended Ash or Sej so many times that it doesn't even shock me anymore.

Yikes

I ONLY run with destro. I use Destro + S&B. Perhaps there is a better way but I have been very successful with this set up.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray for mag dks. Now about this bow tree. Volley feels pretty powerful/end gamey don't we agree

I really want this to be your personal crusade until the servers go down in the cybermonkey uprising of 2037.

We'll in in the trenches firing blindly at cybernetically enhanced orangutans, and Cola will be leaning against wall babbling on and on about how Snipe *really* should be the 4th skill unlocked in the bow line.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately PUGz TS has resembled GoNB's TS a great deal. While running seige or just fighting in general, we have had everything from French and Spanish lessons to discussions on builds and clothing collectibles. Everything BUT the task at hand.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lately PUGz TS has resembled GoNB's TS a great deal. While running seige or just fighting in general, we have had everything from French and Spanish lessons to discussions on builds and clothing collectibles. Everything BUT the task at hand.

Have you made a child cry from yelling "battle comms!" at him yet?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you made a child cry from yelling "battle comms!" at him yet?

Not yet. Many people who play this game typically do not find themselves within arms reach of me. Otherwise there would have been many children not only yelled at but also beaten half to death.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed with the exception of when Saber leads. Rest assured of he's leading a PUGz group on TS, the map is gonna start turning blue. He's all business when in BWB.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on January 23, 2017 8:26PM
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »

Agreed with the exception of when Saber leads. Rest assured of he's leading a PUGz group on TS, the map is gonna start turning blue.

I also love how Rak puts in work on the map while typing out directions to the group the whole time. It's funny how he types WHILE fighting people. It cracks me up.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed with the exception of when Saber leads. Rest assured of he's leading a PUGz group on TS, the map is gonna start turning blue.

I also love how Rak puts in work on the map while typing out directions to the group the whole time. It's funny how he types WHILE fighting people. It cracks me up.

He's quite good at it, but you ever notice him run full speed into a tree or rock, or off a cliff because he's typing? Just goes to show you that's is dangerous to text and ride.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm. Might have to bring my stamDK out of retirement and give him a run around azuras...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, a lot of folks are going to think magDK suddenly became OP and it hasn't. I'm just excited because I hate running healing ward on literally every single non-templar magicka build that I make. There's no diversity and I hate it.

Basically, there are two things that I take out of this patch as a magDK obsessed player:
    1.) We don't need to do resto anymore
    2.) Thanks for +5% damage on whip

That's not a huge and helpful update. They nerfed wings (which I haven't run in ages so I'm not affected - they've been garbage for a while) and haven't addressed any of the sustain issues inherent to the class.

But hey, baby steps.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't nothing like magNB getting 28m impales. Time to execute snipe folks.
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Quick update bow tree before cyber monkeys rise.
    4147548418_626d61633e.jpg
    @DeadlyRecluse
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's quite good at it, but you ever notice him run full speed into a tree or rock, or off a cliff because he's typing? Just goes to show you that's is dangerous to text and ride.

I can't even count the times I have been killed "staying on crown".
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

200w.gif
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed wings (which I haven't run in ages so I'm not affected - they've been garbage for a while) and haven't addressed any of the sustain issues inherent to the class.

Wings are garbage? Ever tried to kill a MagDK with a MagNB, MagSorc or even Magplar? Good luck loll.
    Plus vs zerg, it`s so nice to stand in front and be the bullet sponge while they're getting flanked.

200w.gif

xD
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , some of those are more difficult matchups.

No problem killing a magDK with magplar - they still get the heal debuff from darkflare (if you use it) and otherwise nothing that really matters can be reflected.

MagNB can be difficult to take down someone who keeps up wings, but wings are so damn expensive to keep up for 4 projectiles worth. When I play destro/resto magNB I just pelt them with light attacks (which procs grim focus), fear them, shoot the grim focus/merciless resolve, then soul harvest, then impale. Most folks won't live through that assuming that they started out at lower-than-full health.

MagSorc illustrates exactly why wings are garbage now. They made it so crushing shock isn't reflectable (though it sucked when it was because that and the light/medium attack totally used up one wings for close to 2k magicka less) and velocious curse wasn't blockable and neither is the new version. If someone is hardcasting frags at me I'm not too worried about them - wings are useless against good sorcs because they're too expensive to use besides just reactively and good sorcs are going to cast only crystal frag procs which they're gonna do a decent job of hiding.

Plus, snipe goes through wings a lot @Just_call_me_Cola .
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , some of those are more difficult matchups.

No problem killing a magDK with magplar - they still get the heal debuff from darkflare (if you use it) and otherwise nothing that really matters can be reflected.

MagNB can be difficult to take down someone who keeps up wings, but wings are so damn expensive to keep up for 4 projectiles worth. When I play destro/resto magNB I just pelt them with light attacks (which procs grim focus), fear them, shoot the grim focus/merciless resolve, then soul harvest, then impale. Most folks won't live through that assuming that they started out at lower-than-full health.

MagSorc illustrates exactly why wings are garbage now. They made it so crushing shock isn't reflectable (though it sucked when it was because that and the light/medium attack totally used up one wings for close to 2k magicka less) and velocious curse wasn't blockable and neither is the new version. If someone is hardcasting frags at me I'm not too worried about them - wings are useless against good sorcs because they're too expensive to use besides just reactively and good sorcs are going to cast only crystal frag procs which they're gonna do a decent job of hiding.

Plus, snipe goes through wings a lot @Just_call_me_Cola .

I actually disagree with the magsorc to a degree. I play magsorc right now and magdks are the hardest for me to kill solely because I have to make sure I don't kill myself on their wings. Maybe that's due to my build, but I can say half my damage dealing spells are projectile, so when going toe to toe with a magdk, my options are very limited until I get some of the skills that are higher in the sorc trees. That's actually one of the big reasons I use lightning staff instead of fire, lightning staff heavy attacks aren't projectiles so I can rotate curse, endless fury, heavy attacks and encase. But having such limited skills to use and no reliable stun, makes magdks really difficult for me to fight until I unlock bolt escape and dark deal because I usually can't outpace their heals. without stunning them before they pop wings. I actually have dueled JTDragon a few times with his dks, and only beat him when I had unlocked bolt escape. Maybe I ought to practice a bit more against magdks, but wings definitely forces me to change a lot about my combat strategy.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    ^ curse endless fury encase and heavy restos don't get reflected. Spam those run them out of stam negate and pray you burst then down before they get out. It's more difficult but it is a L2p issue for sure
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely think this is true for most who lead and type to their groups. Byte runs no ts or voice whatsoever, ever, never have. We are a chat text base only (partly bc there was a very real need for it when we started, all groups at the time were ts only) not the point lol anyhow poor Valen is always running into things and off of things and getting himself in precarious um.. situations trying to talk to the group. Its fantastic. :D

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
This discussion has been closed.