The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know surprisingly, ESO PC has a much more mature community on average than any other MMO I've played which IMO, is a good thing since I don't have to listen to a younger generation running around cyrodiil too often.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually my first MMO. It's disappointing knowing that we have so many sour people around. It's a very bizarre environment to me. Funny but bizarre none the less.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    This is actually my first MMO. It's disappointing knowing that we have so many sour people around. It's a very bizarre environment to me. Funny but bizarre none the less.
    My old PVE guild was on an average of 40ish of age. I was one of the youngest. One of my oldest ESO buddies is 63. He's still a bad ass as well haha.
    Also, @Vurian97 Share the crowns tho.
    Edited by Mjollo on January 20, 2017 8:16PM
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »

I have given up trying to prevent DC from doing this. The main excuse I hear is "well, it's prime time where I live. Are you saying I shouldn't play a game I paid for"? Nope. Not saying that at all. What I AM saying is I bet Trueflame has more population during your prime time. But you know how that goes. It's all the bads that can't compete there so we get stuck with this crap.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is my first mmo game as well ... only other games i have played were assassins creed ... ff8 and ps2 games lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    this is my first mmo game as well ... only other games i have played were assassins creed ... ff8 and ps2 games lol

First MMO as well. Glad it was this one.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it quite funny that AD would be offended by DC defending the AD trikeeps when they spent a good 2-3 hours ganking us at High Rock yesterday, and defending tooth and nails Dragonclaw when the few of us who were able to sneak through the gankers were trying to siege it for another access point. You reap what you sow. Not that I particularly enjoy it, but telling the pugs 'let them have their trikeeps' in zone chat is just something I didn't really feel like doing today.
    Edited by gabriebe on January 20, 2017 9:13PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gabriebe Dragon claw is a legit target regardless of the rest of the map. The AD that camped your tri-keeps and the wall, are not the AD you see in this thread.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I find it quite funny that AD would be offended by DC defending the AD trikeeps when they spent a good 2-3 hours ganking us at High Rock yesterday, and defending tooth and nails Dragonclaw when the few of us who were able to sneak through the gankers were trying to siege it for another access point. You reap what you sow.

I find it funny that you somehow try to justify everything that DC does.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

First MMO as well. Glad it was this one.
    I find it quite funny that AD would be offended by DC defending the AD trikeeps when they spent a good 2-3 hours ganking us at High Rock yesterday, and defending tooth and nails Dragonclaw when the few of us who were able to sneak through the gankers were trying to siege it for another access point. You reap what you sow. Not that I particularly enjoy it, but telling the pugs 'let them have their trikeeps' in zone chat is just something I didn't really feel like doing today.

Perpetual Retaliation, we really just need more EP so its not a constant Blue-Yellow back and forth.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on January 20, 2017 9:19PM
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what time of day or night it is to you, or what faction you play. Capping an undefended map over and over and over again is cheap, shows poor character, and is not good for the health of the game.

To people who say "am I not supposed to play during my prime time?" I have always replied with: why can't you find or construct battles with players from your area or time zone in other factions? Work with your guilds and friends to organize balanced play at all times?

Anything but paint over an undefended map. That's the part that upsets people, it doesn't matter which faction does it or what time if day/night, undefended capping of a campaign deserves derision. If all you're diong is fighting NPCs because play is one sided during "your time" why do it in Cyrodiil? The rest of the world offers a much better variety of NPCs.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm definitely not advocating camping the trikeeps. I'm just saying that when you pull this move litterally the day before, you a) shouldn't be surprised it happens right back and b) certainly shouldn't be offended by it. It's perpetual retaliation indeed, which is why you don't do it in the first place.

And as far as DC being a legitimate target, sure, but when you do know that there's a large group in your faction camping the gates (and siegeing High Rock, ffs), it might be a good idea to let go of it instead of sending 10-15 people to defend it.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    @gabriebe Dragon claw is a legit target regardless of the rest of the map. The AD that camped your tri-keeps and the wall, are not the AD you see in this thread.

Both dragonclaw and bruma are extremely tactically important to taking down DC due to ports into our back line and closing off our own ports. You are right to take both if you can. We might as well stop complaining in this thread about trikeep camping it's never any of us who post here on either side doing it and when we ask them in zone to NOT camp tri keeps we get blown off anyways. Also tell Frank my evil sorceress is coming for him tonight!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sometimes when its early.. or late.. well lets just say the Dead Hours, and the map is blue, I'll go stand idly outside a gate by myself. Far enough away from the NPCs, but close enough to see people coming through it, and for them to see me. I don't stealth or gank. I don't fight unless they fight me first, otherwise they may go on their merry way. I don't really consider that gate camping because I'm not trying to just kill everything in sight, but rather a friendly invitation to try and kill me. I'll even run up and do the Duel Initiation ritual if they didn't see me. Actually I do that a lot when I'm by myself. Nevertheless when there is nothing to do, and I have time to run around in Cyrodiil I must search out people to fight, but never force it. Heck I'll stand and watch them siege their gate keep as long as they don't try and fight me. Even given a few EP some pointers, and encouraged them to bring their friends to EP. Also when I'm solo and I come across two people 1v1, I'll stand and watch. If the tables turn and another person shows up, I'll jump in to even the odds(excepting if its another DC of course). Im weird I guess, but gives me a sense of honor. Plus I can't stand it if I'm 1v1 and someone else comes along and ruins the test of skill, friend or enemy.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on January 20, 2017 9:43PM
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    While I find gate-camping to be annoying, I don't really mind logging in to find that a faction has rolled the map. Some of the best sessions I've participated in have started with zero keeps, or one keep, and ended with a lot of victories and fun fights, and the map back up for grabs.

If everyone backed off and observed the sort of decorum that is sometimes put forth here as the best way to preserve balance, I think we'd have far fewer great runs, and just a bunch of so-so runs, because that's what balance ends up being, given the current rules of the game.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are players that love situations like running back and forth between Nikel and Roebeck, endlessly brawling (fighting non-stop can be fun, certainly) and never advancing any campaign objectives, but I'm not one of them. I do enjoy the occasional bridge fight, but that's a reward for getting stuff done on the map, not an end in and of itself.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @W0lf_z13, did you ever get the Wolf Atronach mount? I got one today!
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    So sometimes when its early.. or late.. well lets just say the Dead Hours, and the map is blue, I'll go stand idly outside a gate by myself. Far enough away from the NPCs, but close enough to see people coming through it, and for them to see me. I don't stealth or gank. I don't fight unless they fight me first, otherwise they may go on their merry way. I don't really consider that gate camping because I'm not trying to just kill everything in sight, but rather a friendly invitation to try and kill me. I'll even run up and do the Duel Initiation ritual if they didn't see me. Actually I do that a lot when I'm by myself. Nevertheless when there is nothing to do, and I have time to run around in Cyrodiil I must search out people to fight, but never force it. Heck I'll stand and watch them siege their gate keep as long as they don't try and fight me. Even given a few EP some pointers, and encouraged them to bring their friends to EP. Also when I'm solo and I come across two people 1v1, I'll stand and watch. If the tables turn and another person shows up, I'll jump in to even the odds(excepting if its another DC of course). Im weird I guess, but gives me a sense of honor. Plus I can't stand it if I'm 1v1 and someone else comes along and ruins the test of skill, friend or enemy.

I agree with this, I hate when a good fight gets interrupted. And sometimes if a low level player (who I can tell is noobish) attacks me I'll just stand there and let them hit me for a while then be on my merry way. Or sometimes I'll see if an enemy will dance with me or something silly like that. I guess I don't have the blood lust some players have.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I'll come clean. I use Miat's. I've got all functionalities turned off except to give me a count of players in the area. I'm always curious about my guild's fights and I like using Miat's as a metric for success. For example, I know how many players are in my group and can see how many other AD were involved in a fight. I can see if we were grossly outnumbered or just thought we were. I like that feature for analysis. All the other stuff is crap.

@DeadlyRecluse , my dirty underwear is out in public.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

Both dragonclaw and bruma are extremely tactically important to taking down DC due to ports into our back line and closing off our own ports. You are right to take both if you can. We might as well stop complaining in this thread about trikeep camping it's never any of us who post here on either side doing it and when we ask them in zone to NOT camp tri keeps we get blown off anyways. Also tell Frank my evil sorceress is coming for him tonight!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqweQIq4uc
    Edited by Valen_Byte on January 20, 2017 10:37PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reap what you sow.. lol Come on now its been done by DC over and over and over again, just as its been done by us and even in the way distant past by EP. There is no reap what you sow unless you wanna go back to the very first time it was done on the server almost 3 yrs ago. :D

@DCeiver0 is absolutely correct, perpetual retaliation that gets one faction thinking they are in the right to do it to another. Really what I want to say is that sayin "you cant be upset or surprised when it happens when you did it the day before", well that wasn't me, it wasn't anyone on this thread even, we didn't sow it. Preachin to the choir man lol!

No one here is actually surprised or upset, we've been thru this argument 1000x's, matter of fact I do believe that the BWB 2nd attempt thread was mostly about said things. It happens and its really not that big of a deal bc eventually pop will log on and the map will move. I will say this though, I for one will never condone it and I will tell zone what I think every time I see it. They will never learn if we do not teach them or stand idly by.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo hooo! I have the house to myself for a few hours tonight. It's on. Come kill me. Please come kill me.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Ah, Yay we didn't get shut down!

Last night was epic. 15 man PUGz group FD assault on BRK..... wiped. Ah but what a fight tho! Cheers to those who were there!

Agreed, it was fun. Only thing better than that was the second attempt, where we de-throned the emp. As an aside, did the AD emp think that the siege buff still applied to attacks on players? I ask because they seemed to be on siege a lot, which I think was a mistake overall.

The emp was a tank build. So, the only real damage he could do was on his seige.
    GM of BYTE
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the night sort of to myself. Gonna grind for a while and then heal the crap out of folks or wolf out if @Defialed is around. Other wolves allowed.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Shotavin
    Shotavin
    Soul Shriven
    Kazi wrote: »

I agree with this, I hate when a good fight gets interrupted. And sometimes if a low level player (who I can tell is noobish) attacks me I'll just stand there and let them hit me for a while then be on my merry way. Or sometimes I'll see if an enemy will dance with me or something silly like that. I guess I don't have the blood lust some players have.

I'm the same. One of my favorite things to do is initiate cross-faction dance parties . The last one was outside of sej and we ended up collecting about 10+ EP who probably should have been defending somewhere. Lol I got some hate in zone for that one.

But that's rare. Usually it will just turn into them attacking me anyway and I just stand there until they stop or I cloak away, then /danceredguard once more.
  • lil5566
    lil5566
    ✭✭
    Shotavin wrote: »

I'm the same. One of my favorite things to do is initiate cross-faction dance parties . The last one was outside of sej and we ended up collecting about 10+ EP who probably should have been defending somewhere. Lol I got some hate in zone for that one.

But that's rare. Usually it will just turn into them attacking me anyway and I just stand there until they stop or I cloak away, then /danceredguard once more.

Lol I remember that one, it was quite the dance party :D
    Edited by lil5566 on January 20, 2017 11:22PM
    Lytis or Lyt
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Leave BRK alone! That's ours! :( Now I'm itching to take revenge!

Btw, love the war stories while I'm stuck at work...

Brk was not our intended last stand keep. It just worked out that way. DC did a great gob of cutting things off in unison so that we had no choice but to turtle up in an undesirable location.

It was a heckuva last keep defense. Hope it stayed interesting after I logged.

Also, I hate, hate, hate the toon I was on (Zergball Prime). Tanky enough to get me to do stupid things, not tanky enough to survive said stupid things.

I've got one of those.... And no offense... 2 swings and I'm out....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defialed wrote: »
    @Adenoma i apologize for forgetting to send you that gear last night. I'm old. Memory isn't what it once was.

At least you HAD a good memory. I cant remember the last time I had one and I'm 22.
    I was out of school by the time you were born. Lol

My oldest daughter is 21.... :neutral:
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    @Adenoma i apologize for forgetting to send you that gear last night. I'm old. Memory isn't what it once was.

At least you HAD a good memory. I cant remember the last time I had one and I'm 22.
    I was out of school by the time you were born. Lol

My oldest daughter is 21.... :neutral:

Mine too. And she is married.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old PVE guild was on an average of 40ish of age. I was one of the youngest. One of my oldest ESO buddies is 63. He's still a bad ass as well haha.
    Also, @Vurian97 Share the crowns tho.

My first MMO as well. I think because Eso is an established world before the MMO makes the demographic older. I mean, how many of us 40ish people were playing Morrowind in our 20s? Daggerfall?
    Obituary:
This discussion has been closed.