The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eyevea

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I don't know if it is just me who never seems to see any other players in Eyevea. There are plenty of NPCs around so it doesn't feel deserted. There are crafting facilities and shops, a bank and the portals to all the mages guilds across the alliance. For all this, it doesn't seem to attract many people to spend time there. Given that access to Eyevea is one of the main rewards for completing the Mage's Guild Questline it seems a shame if it is not attracting people to visit. I know it may be skewed as the number of people who can visit become limited to just those who completed the quest.

It seems a shame and a bit of a waste of the artistic work that went into building the place if people don't visit.

I used to pass through it regularly to make use of the travel hub to short cut between the main cities across the alliance. Once I figured out that I could travel directly from Wayshrine to Wayshrine directly for free if interacting with a Wayshrine, the portal travel hub in Eyevea lost much of its value.

I believe there are stations for crafting set gear If I remember correctly and that could attract people.

Maybe some guild store slots. Certainly if there were a liberal number of resource nodes scattered around it could be a quiet spot to gather alchemical reagents. The Hollow City has quite a few reagent nodes but I see other players around the Hollow City unlike Eyevea.

How do you find Eyevea? Is it deserted of players for you too?
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's confusing area. I've no idea where the portals take you. If you take a portal somewhere, long load screens do follow.
    Only go there if you need to make Kags
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    The portals do have labels to say where they go but you have to walk up to them before you can see the label which can be a pain for people who don't already know.

With the travel district, the pattern becomes obvious that from right to left relative to looking from the centre of the island each portal is for the next zone in ascending order i.e. Glenumbra on the far right then Stormhaven etc etc through to Bangkorai. However yes the load times are a pain especially if I am only jumping between districts on the same island. Opening doors between the inside and outside of buildings is generally quite quick.
    Edited by carljokl on August 11, 2016 5:18PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe something like the College of Winterhold would help. Some little minor quests to help level up magical ability. Leveling up the Mages Guild skill line is very slow collecting tomes after all.
    My Characters

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to spend more time there, it's really pretty, but I have no reasons to draw me there :/
    PC/EU DC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to spend more time there, it's really pretty, but I have no reasons to draw me there :/

This is it for me. There is really no reason to go back to there.

Oh, and it is a pain to move around.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    I don't know if it is just me who never seems to see any other players in Eyevea. There are plenty of NPCs around so it doesn't feel deserted. There are crafting facilities and shops, a bank and the portals to all the mages guilds across the alliance. For all this, it doesn't seem to attract many people to spend time there. Given that access to Eyevea is one of the main rewards for completing the Mage's Guild Questline it seems a shame if it is not attracting people to visit. I know it may be skewed as the number of people who can visit become limited to just those who completed the quest.

It seems a shame and a bit of a waste of the artistic work that went into building the place if people don't visit.

I used to pass through it regularly to make use of the travel hub to short cut between the main cities across the alliance. Once I figured out that I could travel directly from Wayshrine to Wayshrine directly for free if interacting with a Wayshrine, the portal travel hub in Eyevea lost much of its value.

I believe there are stations for crafting set gear If I remember correctly and that could attract people.

Maybe some guild store slots. Certainly if there were a liberal number of resource nodes scattered around it could be a quiet spot to gather alchemical reagents. The Hollow City has quite a few reagent nodes but I see other players around the Hollow City unlike Eyevea.

I use Eyevea daily to travel between locations and I never encounter any other players there. It would be good to see some life kicked into the place.

One problem with Eyevea is that it did not keep up with new portals to the new DLC zones. Yes, you can use the wayshrine but the last time I used it, it cost me gold. Travelling via Mages' Guilds is free.

By the way, to my knowledge, I am still being charged for travelling between wayshrines. Are you sure it is free?

I refer you to my question in "Ask us Anything", 21 August 2016
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3283730/#Comment_3283730
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    @Tai-Chi

If you travel directly to a Wayshrine without starting at a Wayshrine it costs gold.

What I didn't realise (and it looks like I am not the only one as you haven't noticed either) if you go to a Wayshrine and click on the Wayshrine to interact with it. Clicking to interact with the Wayshrine opens up the map. When opened up from the Wayshrine this way it doesn't cost gold to travel between Wayshrines. Even taking a shortcut through Eyevea involves about 3 portal jumps and even then it gets you to the right zone but possibly far away from your target destination. Wayshrine to Wayshrine travel is typically faster / more efficient. Sadly now I don't have a real reason to go to Eyevea anymore, which is a shame because it is pretty.

At first I wasn't sure if Wayshrine travel had become free after hitting level 50 but I have lower level alts and am never charged for Wayshrine travel if I click to interact with the Wayshrine itself to initiate travel.
    Edited by carljokl on August 25, 2016 5:31PM
    My Characters

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @carljokl wayshrine travel has always been like that. I'm amazed you got to mages guild / L50 without using them, so much faster etc! Good on you

As for eyevea I'm with you. It's a great place and good end to questline this is written off pretty much. the Krags set is good, but the mafia set is pretty rubbish. And I co cur what a waste. If they added Writ boards and an option to hand in writs I would happily use.

Perhaps when the mages guild dailies start in future updates it will run from there?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    @Beardimus believe me I felt pretty foolish to have got that far through the game and made my life much more difficult than it needed to be riding around. At least my Alts don't have to suffer that pain. It is still annoying if you have to pay because your character gets stuck somewhere but have got around that if Cyrodiil is accessible as I can travel right there. I rescued a character who got knocked under a dock by an enemy strike then way stuck under there and couldn't get free.

I did also mention the idea of writs. The Mages Guild skill line is very hard to level up gaining small amounts of inspiration from finding books. After an area is cleared out the books I believe will be harder to find too or if they do keep spawning there isn't so much cause to keep going around already completed areas for lorebooks that may or may not even be there.
    My Characters

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another tip though, if you get stuck, is go into settings, help, there is an option to 'get me unstuck' and it ports you for free to the nearest wayshrine.

Are you rank 10, mages guild? If not my tip is to check your journal and look for the book collections. As they really jump.the skill line XP as you complete a set. 10's doable, all alliances zones, cold harbour, and rare ones in Cyro. But it's all about sets.

The books for the dailies will be instanced like all the other daily quests I'm sure. Not the same books
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the Spellcrafting that was suggested when the game first came out, and this would have added life to Eyevea. Likewise I would really like to see some weapon techniques or even combinations offered by the Fighters guild some day. I'd like to see some interesting active skills for the Db and TG as well. What would really make it cool is if it were related to some interesting quests we had to do... in line with perhaps something like Spellcrafting would have been.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go to Eyevea more if I could port directly to the wayshrine instead of having to find a Mages Guild hall with a portal to it. I've never understood why the wayshrine lets me port out of Eyevea, but won't let me port in.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Another tip though, if you get stuck, is go into settings, help, there is an option to 'get me unstuck' and it ports you for free to the nearest wayshrine.
    I dont remember Get me Unstuck ever being free... is that new? It used to cost the same as recalling to a wayshrine.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭

The last time I used that was when I got trapped stuck inside the door to the boss chamber in Cath Bedraud dungeon. When I used it I was definitely charged for being unstuck. There have been a couple of releases since then so I don't know if a change was made and it doesn't get charged for anymore. It was annoying to pay to work around a bug in the game but I also understood that if it was free it might get exploited as a way to cheat. Still if you are stuck somewhere and you cannot even die to go back to a Wayshirne then just preventing it being used during combat should be enough to stop cheating. An edge case might be if you have acquired a bounty and are trying to use it to escape a building with guards but even so...
    My Characters

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I dont remember Get me Unstuck ever being free... is that new? It used to cost the same as recalling to a wayshrine.

Yes it does cost same as recalling to a Wayshrine. But if you don't have enough gold in your inventory it will just take the rest of what you have. So if you have no gold on you, it costs nothing.
    PC/EU DC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh sorry bad advice!! My bad!! It free!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there is a crafting station set, the similar one, you could find in wilderness? If not, that could be a good way to get players there.
    Also the main reason for me, why I don't visit Eyeveya is, that I would have to go to a city with mages guild, loading screen, then to a mages guild itself/loading screen, then finally get to the island/loading screen/ then choose the last piece - where and why i would go - that is usually no reason, because all the crafting stations and bank can be find in every zone.

So if Eyevea island would be available on the global map the same way as Coldharbor is (if it is not already and I just didn't find it) with those shrines available there for you to port exactly to the spot you need, it would be different atleast for me.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    But I wouldn't mind getting dailies in mages guild too - for example if spellcrafting isn't still available - to be able to do some sort of dailies, where you could use temporary spellcrafting, maybe with some time limit, to choose the situation where you could use it as some sort of practice - like fire for ice giants, ice for fire daedra etc, would be great.

EDIT:
    Someone wrote it already before me :p
    Edited by Mandragora on August 31, 2016 8:56PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    ElectricityTiming15
    So if Eyevea island would be available on the global map the same way as Coldharbor is (if it is not already and I just didn't find it) with those shrines available there for you to port exactly to the spot you need, it would be different at least for me.

There is a Wayshrine and Eyevea can be found on the world map to the north west of Summerset Isle. The Wayshrine is not so central though and I recall it is down near the water at the lowest levels.

My Characters

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    ElectricityTiming15
    So if Eyevea island would be available on the global map the same way as Coldharbor is (if it is not already and I just didn't find it) with those shrines available there for you to port exactly to the spot you need, it would be different at least for me.
    There is a Wayshrine and Eyevea can be found on the world map to the north west of Summerset Isle. The Wayshrine is not so central though and I recall it is down near the water at the lowest levels.
    You can't access that wayshrine from the map though. It's for leaving Eyevea only.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't access that wayshrine from the map though. It's for leaving Eyevea only.

Huh. I never noticed that. I guess that tells me how much I go there. :smile:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably go there much more often if you could get to it through the Wayshrine. As it is, getting there is so awkward (Wayshrine to a city, walk from the Shrine to a Guildhall, find the portal in the Guildhall) I don't bother.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Eu , ptaforme PC , AD , Nobody at eyvea too .

- they should add a VISIBLE warshrine on the map ( no the map of tamriel , like Coldharbour , outise)

- bring all established + the bank , together . add merchant guilde store .
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never could figure out why ZOS never allowed porting directly to Eyevea through a wayshrine once you had completed the Mages guild storyline. It would sure make it much easier to visit once in awhile. Same goes for the Fighters Guild Earth Forge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably go there much more often if you could get to it through the Wayshrine. As it is, getting there is so awkward (Wayshrine to a city, walk from the Shrine to a Guildhall, find the portal in the Guildhall) I don't bother.

A real Master in the Mage's Guild would be able to create a scroll to recall directly to Eyevea from anywhere.

Edited by Elsonso on September 1, 2016 12:40PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    It may be that Eyevea is kind of created and forgotten. I mean there is supposed to be a cooking fire in the crafting district. The one there cannot be interacted with. I found posts mentioning this fact from a year ago. If a small thing like that doesn't get patched in a year then I suspect Eyevea is stagnant and has not been touched / worked on in a while. Maybe a catch 22 situation as it will be low priority to improve if hardly anybody goes there anyway unless someone inside ZOS has a strong desire to see it become more popular.
    My Characters

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully One Tamriel will bring new life to Eyevea. Maybe it'll be the source of some of the Mages Guild dailies. But making it so you can actually use the Wayshrine to get there would be a big help.