Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Improvment Tempers/Resins? How Daring Are You???

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Daring, at 60%, and then go crying in a corner when it failed. :neutral:
    BUT overhappy when it was a succes!
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Always 100%. Sadly I started using improvement items on training gear I created for my new low level Alts. I burned through all my blue and green tempers. They are in theory plentiful but it doesn't always feel like it when I run out.

Based on the comments on here that the percentages aren't accurate statistical probabilities I am even more inclined to stick to 100%

Tempers...need U 100%
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnJIb4A-DuY
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    100%
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% always. The risk is not worth it.
    PC-EU
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Only by accident--and it did not turn out well. Always 100% otherwise:)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At low level I tried to improve a base item with green tempers. It showed a probability or 90%. Failed 3 times in a row. Won't risk it now with purple or gold tempers. Grain solvent is about 400g so failing that won't be terrible. But tempering alloy is 9.5K. If I put 6 instead of 8 and fail, 57K goes down the drain. And if the item is an unique one, for example a piece with the doped set that has the perfect trait the damage is much worse. This is not courage. It's sheer stupidity.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    not quite the same as im so low level but im taking chances on 20% atm!! purely as im learning what does what etc and I simply don't have enough resources.

Now reading the OP and 'do you go less that 100%' im understanding why im not very successful hahaha
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    maybe on some of the lower gear, but when the 160 gear takes 120 pieces of rubedo and the price of rubedo is outrages, 100% all the way
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if more risking gives higher chance to get free improvement to next level!

Example! Upgrade item at 50% to purple, high risk loosing item and mats but in the same time get 50% chance to get free upgrade to gold!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I got burned by this for the first time last night. I was crafting a set for my crafter. I was levelling up my leg armour to the second level. I thought I had put on all the prerequisite improvement materials but accidentally was one short. Boom, upgrade failed and I lost it all. Very annoying. I will have to be more careful in future.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always 100%, for me.

When we were first starting my husband would sometimes make me armor and weapons, and he would play the roulette game to turn the weapons purple (for both of us) since neither of us had a lot of purples at that time.

At those levels the other materials were cheap and plentiful, so the chance at getting a purple weapon was worth the risk of losing the piece. (We had plenty of those including blues, just low on purples). We were in the 10s and 20s then.

Now? Not worth it at all. So we don't.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100%

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When making things for others it's always 100%. For myself the other day, I actually took a chance on a level 160 item upgrading it to gold. I had 7 of them on me and figured that was enough as I was too lazy to go hunt down one more. Luckily, it worked and upgraded the item.

It will only take 1 destroyed item tho and a loss of all those gold upgrade mats for you to never take that chance again. On PC-NA, gold mat costs are so out of hand now that even to gold a staff is around 32k and that's the cheapest thing to gold! That's a pretty big ding in profits for just that one loss. Then again, if your a multimillionaire and then some, you may not care!
    NA Server - Kildair