Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

What do you expect from the revamped Craglorn?

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Devs already stated that they are working on the revamped craglorn, which is great.
Tho, what you guys would like to be revamped?
Craglorn has a lot of potential but it definetely should be more difficulty - especially because it's group content focused. Also, they need to improve the rewards: more experience, more and better loot etc.
Perharps if they 'split' the lower craglorn into something more focused on leveling and upper craglorn something more endgame oriented would also be great. I really like the delves there, but they need to give us reason to do the content, like dailies, they are kind okay.

Just bring up your ideas on the table. :D
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl will qq about the difficulty and request a nerf
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl will qq about the difficulty and request a nerf

Casual Scrolls in a nutshell, this is sad, because it's true. :'(

Edited by Milvan on August 9, 2016 12:15PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I EXPECT for them to do is scale it all to max level with One Tamriel, add the Yokudan motif pages as rewards for the crap daily quests, and call it a day.

What I HOPE they do is do the above stuff AND:
    - a complete difficulty rebalancing of the 4 person dungeon/instances in craglorn, including normal and veteran modes.
    - addition of these dungeons to the group finder.
    - add better loot to these dungeons in the form of new sets, in addition to the motif pages.

They have such great dungeon design in those places, and they would be totally wasted AGAIN if the only reward was the motif...they need to add valuable end game gear to make these something that people want to run and have a good time in. And they need to have separate difficulties so that those of us who remember Shadas Tear at launch can punish ourselves like the masochists we are, while all the normal people can have a good time in normal mode for their motif drop chance.
    Edited by CasNation on August 9, 2016 12:24PM
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Murkmire is being revamped to be a solo zone like Wrothgar, I'd assume Craglorn will get the same.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Murkmire is being revamped to be a solo zone like Wrothgar, I'd assume Craglorn will get the same.

I hope not... I think they should scale it instead.
    I like adventure zones
    Options
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid they rework it to more solo-friendly zone. Just becouse "Adventure Zone" turned out big fail. Thats why Murkmire(next adventure zone) has been postponed.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    I'm afraid they rework it to more solo-friendly zone. Just becouse "Adventure Zone" turned out big fail. Thats why Murkmire(next adventure zone) has been postponed.

Not just postponed, it's being redesigned entirely. According to Kai Schober it's going to be a solo zone.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bit of a gap between what I expect and what I hope.

What I expect is an upgrading of the content and loot so that it scales to Lvl 50 CP 160, per the purpose of One Tamriel. I also expect something more than that, since they have specifically stated that changes to Craglorn are coming. (If they were just the One Tamriel changes, I don't think they would have bothered mentioning Craglorn separately.)

What I hope these changes will involve:
    • Making the delves public rather than instanced (just the delves, not the quest instances like Spellscar, Rahni'Za, Shada's Tear or Skyreach)
    • Updating the quest instances so they feel like group dungeons
    • Removing the group requirements for story quests (but keeping the group focus)
    The essence of what I am hoping for is that they could make Craglorn solo-friendly by removing the group restrictions, but keep the group focus by not making the content any easier.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind.
    Edited by Milvan on August 9, 2016 1:01PM
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect nothing and you can only be pleasantly surprised.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding an option in the activity finder to get matched with others for any content requiring groups is essential I think, as it is I have no one I know interested in Craglorn and no meaningful way of finding a group, and any new content will be pointless for me if I can't readily find others to play it with.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is pointless atm other than for farming nirn regents, seriously how many groups/people do you ever see there?
    Something needs to be done to attract players to the place, so more solo friendly is the obvious option.

Be safe
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope:

for enemies to be scaled to CP160.

for the density of overworld mobs to remain the same or slightly increase so that it encourages grouping but doesn't actually require it.

for the delves to be very difficult to solo, but all artificial multiple pressure plate forced grouping BS to be removed.

for all loot to be scaled to CP160 with none of the under leveled decon trash that makes up most of the Wrothgar drops.

for those flipping wasps to not be scaled up much at all. Seriously, I can pull in half a dozen Gargoyles without a care in the world only to be killed by a nest of wasps a hundred feet down the road.
    Options
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Relevance. Craglorn should be a place I want to go to and experience. :)
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect more loading screens
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what they do, they need to make the Experience you can earn in Craglorn be the same as say, Wrothgar.

If Craglorn offered more experience for mob kills and quests, then more people would be up there despite the Group Limitations.

I do agree the Group Requirement should be removed from Craglorn, but do not remove the need to be grouped or with others to do the delves. In other words, if your going to solo it, better bring your vMA gear. Maybe not all the delves. However if they do not buff the experience you can earn up there, then no one is going to spend much time in that zone after they complete whatever content they do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd effing love it if they made craglorn not require groups, but make the overland enemies even harder than they are now. Solo PVE is fun, but the only really challenge is doing group dungeons solo (very difficult and only certain ones can be done) and VMSA.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning this requests to remove the group requirements.

I do agree that this group barriers are kind lame, like two people standing in the same place at the same time. But asking to make it soloable would require to remove any kind of group coordenation that the delve/quest/dungeon may require. Doesn't it would make que content even more lame and easy?

I do think that group barriers are a very lazy design, but I'm afraid that making it soloable would turn the fights and quests mechanics on something that don't requires group coordenation at all. IMO it would be great if the content could be like like the content on IC and SoH, challenging, easy to learn, hard to master, group oriented, but not really with group barriers.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff the nodes to 160 and nerf the overland easiness.

Add teamwork elements to major fights/bosses mechanics instead of just more hp & damage. For example, put switches that disable random poison aoes on one side of the room and one that disables shock ones (guess where I'm at in vMA) on the opposite side, such that a high level player can soldier through it alone, just taking more time and facing greater difficulty than a team of two or more would. Timing and ability mechanics, when functioning properly, are more fun than a bigger pile of boss hp.

Take a page or two from the vet dungeons mechanics. I feel like the Craglorn delves should be between normal/silver group dungeons and vet/gold dungeons in difficulty.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing it safe and not much
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine they will turn it into a scaling single player zone. Like all the others.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    soloability

or at least scalling to group leader
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Top level loot and NPCs
    2. Add some zone lfg activity for diff events
    3. Same requirements as before for groups to complete encounters.
    4. ****all NPCs capable of dropping Nirnhoned trash @ZOS_GinaBruno (can we look at this being added)

While I understand ppl want solo capable content, literally over 80% of the game is solo-able or solo only. This needs to stay as a group zone or what's the point of us being required to play online always.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 9, 2016 7:31PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see it set up to be solo-able. As in, if you are in a group, then the quests level to groups, but if you are not, then the quests level to a solo player.

I realize that this is an MMO, but it seems to me that much of the player base is coming from the Elder Scrolls games, and as such are used to solo play.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like for them to remove the 4 man switches for those of us that can't find groups willing to play...the difficulty alone is a deterrent for solo play but some of us want to brave it alone.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making craghorn an open world pvp zone. Then they can use that zone to implement some sort of justice system. We have a lot of pve only quest zones. How about a pvp quest zone?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been running all the group delves in Craglorn solo lately because i somehow missed most of the skyshards there.

What i would like to see (not just in Craglorn) is a solo option for all group dungeons that allows for difficult but doable content.
    They could simply scale the difficulty and rewards with the number of group members, meaning the drop rate for set pieces etc. would increase with the size of your group.

That way, everyone can enjoy new content and there wouldn't be the current solo/group DLC divide.
    shades.gif
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love if they added some of the group instances there to the pledge rotation... IMO Shada's Tear is still one of the best dungeon designs that this game has (better than some of the standard normal dungeons, IMHO.)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    What I hope these changes will involve:
    • Making the delves public rather than instanced (just the delves, not the quest instances like Spellscar, Rahni'Za, Shada's Tear or Skyreach)
    • Updating the quest instances so they feel like group dungeons
    • Removing the group requirements for story quests (but keeping the group focus)

This.
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
    Options
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    I'd love if they added some of the group instances there to the pledge rotation... IMO Shada's Tear is still one of the best dungeon designs that this game has (better than some of the standard normal dungeons, IMHO.)

Shada's Tears is awesome with all the poison traps ect ect.And the boss mechanics are fun too,like the blacksmithing woman,where at some point you have to find this tiny spark that is floating around and kill it to get a shield that will protect you from the boss room-wide aoe.And Shada was an awesome boss mechanic, extremely hard (when it was high end leveled) when even 1 person didnt know the mechanics but easy once everyone knows the mechanics and were well coordinated.

I really loved Craglorn when it released.A fun group zone.Sadly we are in a time where new gamers only want solo and easy content and greedy development studios trying to satisfy every kind of gamer so they can squeeze more money.Its sad,pretty sad.Its the reason im thinking of quiting playing MMOs.They are all waterd down.
    Options