Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK weapon choice

CallMeBigPapi
I've heard that a magicka DK is pretty hard to pull off as of recent patches but I'm giving it a shot, I'm running sword and board on both hands for damage mitigation. Should I try using a destro or resto staff? Never had a magicka character before. Also any other advice on the build would be greatly appreciated :smile:
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want.
    Do you mostly PvP?
    Do you play group dungeons? If so, do you tank or DD?
    What are your gear sets, and what weight of armor do you wear?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard is 5 kagrenac/3 willpower/2 torug with a monster set of your choice, usually 5 or 7 pieces heavy. Best results 1h/s on both bars, but opinions may vary.

Prepare to meet stamina builds who will do more damage than you, mitigate damage better, and outheal you as well. :|
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal preference:

PvP - double 1H/S
    Feels pretty much mandatory to wrangle any effectiveness out of mDK, given the innate focus of the class being to wear an enemy down over time, or wait to prepare your burst. You need the shield if you want any chance of outlasting the superior damage coming at you by your opponent.
    Special mention to the heavy-attack centred staff builds, though.
    (EDIT: in addition to the gear sets listed in the previous post, I prefer to switch Kags out for Tava's, though both can work)

PvE - Destro & DW
    Destro bar for single target to allow for weaving plus Wall of Elements, DW for AoE. Double destro is absolutely viable, too. Slap a resto on if you don't trust your healer.
    Edited by Panth141 on August 9, 2016 10:39AM
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @Panth141 said. Though I often slot resto staff in PvP for healing ward, and don't think resto staff is necessary in PvE as a DPS. Burning embers should be enough to top you off.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna use a staff in pvp, try the lightning staff with elegance and either vicious death or infallible mage if you have it. It stacks damage from thaumaturge and staff expert and with molten armaments. Hits hard for real. Also in combo with wall of elements it guarantees concussion which procs power lash. Maelstrom lightning staff makes it even better.