Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thx for the writ updates...

KronicDecay
KronicDecay
✭✭✭
So I can only use high cp lvl mats for writs and yet I get void mats in exchange on surveys.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Void Mats = Refine
    Refine = Gold Upgrade Material
    Gold Upgrade Material = Upgrade Gear / Sell For Gold
    Gold = Money for materials
    Money for materials = Buy materials
    Materials = Can complete writs

Repeat. kappa.png
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like a far less profitable venture to do surveys as compared to before though.... Im slowly starting to go into a deficit of v16 mats... Lucky I saved up around 2000 of each in my awesome craft bags tho!
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I it's less profitable it seems to do writs. On my BS, rubedite ingot goes for at least 50-60. That's at least 2000+ gold. I could probably sell the mats for close to 2500 gold instead of the 664 gold reward.

I realize you "sometimes" get a survey that will maybe offset the mats used. Through in the random decon stuff and sure it might be a little profit. But you will have to wait until you get a temper/wax to make a profit.

So maybe over the course of time it will be profitable somewhat depending on your RNG. But on most days you will lose and/or break even.

Seems like you might as well just sell the mats for as high as you can and save all that trouble.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    It seems like a far less profitable venture to do surveys as compared to before though.... Im slowly starting to go into a deficit of v16 mats... Lucky I saved up around 2000 of each in my awesome craft bags tho!

I'd also saved around 2000 each in my awesome craft bag!

Though I'm now levelling a crafter and have stopped one short of the ruby materials, so I can get rid of the 2000 of voidstone, nightwood, etc. and keep the chance of getting Craglorn surveys.

A potent nirncrux definitely makes surveys worthwhile :)
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So I can only use high cp lvl mats for writs and yet I get void mats in exchange on surveys.

I agree. Who cares that we can refine "void", we could also be refining "ruby ore" for better materials, ya know, like the ones required to make the items.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entire reasoning behind leaving Void there was the fact that writs wasn't wasting all you max level crafting mats you needed for gear. Now they're eating 160 mats and replacing them with basically vendor mats. It's stupid.

What are they saying to the newly cp160 guys? Hope you have the gold for shopping or that RNG is kind to you or you'll be in cp140 gear for some time.

Honestly they do something dumb every update that just makes me wonder who's in charge and why he/she is STILL in charge.
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Void Mats = Refine
    Refine = Gold Upgrade Material
    Gold Upgrade Material = Upgrade Gear / Sell For Gold
    Gold = Money for materials
    Money for materials = Buy materials
    Materials = Can complete writs

Repeat. kappa.png

RNG gods like you far better then they like me. I can't upgrade my gear let along sell the upgrade mats.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought the surveys would change to all top tier materials with this update and was surprised with the voidstone. I guess we could have looked at the craglorn ones, giving us 3 tiers of mats but truly it has always been bad to use one type of material and get a survey that isn't all that material.

I did hear a rumor that they would be changing this though, so we can hope!
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank ZoS for this change that nobody asked for. It seems that they do everything that nobody wants and when they ask for feedback they still do what nobody wants. lololololololololol. This might be the most confused leadership iv'e met in any video game.
    Edited by Kalante on August 3, 2016 4:16AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case anybody tries to claim that getting the old mats from the surveys is "working as intended™", make note of this quote that was posted in the thread for the FIRST PTS patch for SotH:
    Alanar wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Now that the top tier of durable Crafting Writs only use top tier materials, I expected the corresponding survey reports to only award top tier materials, but on PTS they continue to award a mix of top tier and second tier. Is this intended?

This seems bad to me, since it will shift durable crafting writs from being a net producer of top tier materials to a net consumer of top tier materials. As a prolific crafter, having a crafting source of top tier materials has been nice.

That’s a good point. We’ll update the top-tier surveys accordingly, to ensure that the materials you gain are in line with the type of materials you used more closely. Thanks!