Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should the morph effect for Hardened Armor be changed?

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So when you morph Spiked Armor into Hardened Armor it produces a small damage shield upon activation for 2 seconds. Anyone else think this could be improved upon? Well feel free to discuss it here!
Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 31, 2016 8:26PM
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy

Should the morph effect for Hardened Armor be changed? 34 votes

Yes, increase the strength of the Damage Shield!
2% 1 vote
Yes, increase the duration of the Damage Shield!
17% 6 votes
Yes, increase both of the above!
17% 6 votes
Yes, replace this effect with something more useful!
41% 14 votes
No, leave this effect as is.
8% 3 votes
I don't use this morph so I don't care. Volatile Armor for the win!
2% 1 vote
Who even needs Spiked Armor? I sure don't...
8% 3 votes
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It says ''Hardened'' , not shielded . I think it should give more resist than normal buff . I think it would be better if it would give Minor Resist buffs too . Since healers target DDs to give them Minor Berserk , tanks don't get those buffs all the time . It could be useful . Minor Protection could be nice as well .
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    It says ''Hardened'' , not shielded . I think it should give more resist than normal buff . I think it would be better if it would give Minor Resist buffs too . Since healers target DDs to give them Minor Berserk , tanks don't get those buffs all the time . It could be useful . Minor Protection could be nice as well .

If I had to choose an alternate effect to the damage shield myself I'd probably go with an increase in the damage return. Damage return is a great way for tanks to attack while defending! ...Nothing in this game has good enough actual damage return of this sort to be worth a damn as it is.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the shield is too small and is especially way too short to be a viable morph at least make it 8 seconds to be in line with other shields or better yet change the effect to something better like weighted armor providing minor expedition for the full duration.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    As Ragun put it, it's too small and way too short. I would like it to be brought up to the same relative level as igneous shield, myself. I used this morph for awhile before I realized just how particularly tiny and short lived the shield is, before finally getting rid of it in favor of the DOT because it was basically insignificant.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have streak/curse to counter nb cloak. Putting an AoE on hardend ward would be over kill.

Not to mention you get Inner/Raidant Mage Light too.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 1, 2016 7:38AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's one of the most useless morphs in the game. Especially in PvP where the shield isn't even big enough to absorb the damage of a light attack lol... and 2 seconds? seriously a shield for 2 seconds? who thinks up these skills i do wonder. Should definitely be changed into something more useful.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT hardened armor not hardened ward ;) threw me for a sec too.

A lot of the tiny wards, this one, cleave's ward etc... make me wonder about their use
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty good for PvE tanking, though. If the healer is down and I'm in trouble, the shield from this and Igneous can absorb a ton of damage, if timed properly. I wouldn't mind a longer duration, of course, but it's mostly fine as it is.
    Edited by code65536 on August 1, 2016 5:58AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A lot of the tiny wards, this one, cleave's ward etc... make me wonder about their use

Yeah Conjured Ward and morphs are perfectly fine as is lol
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh i see. I swear Ultima wrote Hardened Ward. He also mentioned giving it a AoE activation DoT...which is why i was like whaaaat. I guess that makes more sense if it was Hardened Armour.

I personally think both morphs of Spiked Armour are fine. Volatile is a pain to deal with (its still broken against nightblade cloak on console :/ ). Hardened Armour with Igneous Shield is also a pain to deal with.

PS4 NA DC
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For full tanks in PVE is still better than Volatile Armor.
    Overall this skill gives you a lot. I don't think it need buff.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ahh i see. I swear Ultima wrote Hardened Ward. He also mentioned giving it a AoE activation DoT...which is why i was like whaaaat. I guess that makes more sense if it was Hardened Armour.

I personally think both morphs of Spiked Armour are fine. Volatile is a pain to deal with (its still broken against nightblade cloak on console :/ ). Hardened Armour with Igneous Shield is also a pain to deal with.

I never mentioned an AoE DoT for Hardened Armor though lol that's just what Volatile Armor does.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 1, 2016 5:11PM
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    For full tanks in PVE is still better than Volatile Armor.
    Overall this skill gives you a lot. I don't think it need buff.

Not really. The tiny tiny shield doesn't make up for the damage (and aggro) lost by choosing hardened over volatile.
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    I would like for it to (a few things just spit balling here, choose one or choose more then one)

1) maybe shatter when the shield breaks giving some resistances to those around you?
    2) while active you take a flat 1/2/3 % less damage (since resistances are in a *** place and of course you can't mitigate all 3% in pvp, maybe 1.5 when your in cyro?)
    3) while active increase your regen for your resources?

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Barlthump wrote: »
    I would like for it to (a few things just spit balling here, choose one or choose more then one)

1) maybe shatter when the shield breaks giving some resistances to those around you?
    2) while active you take a flat 1/2/3 % less damage (since resistances are in a *** place and of course you can't mitigate all 3% in pvp, maybe 1.5 when your in cyro?)
    3) while active increase your regen for your resources?

#3 would have to be Minor Recovery buffs so as not to clash with Dragon Blood and morphs.