The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A trader for people outside guilds

• Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    The barriers are:
    1. Finding one to join that has fees you can afford
    2. Finding someone who can invite you to said guild
    3. Time spent looking outside the game to find these if you can't find them in-game
    4. If on console, no text chat. I would call having to run around asking in voice chat is a barrier.

Are these insurmountable? No. But they are a barrier. Especially number 3.

I really can't even imagine how rough it is in console versions of the game right now, especially in the guild trade area. Y'all are like the ZoS red headed step children. I'm also kind of surprised at the number of guild traders on other platforms that require a fee to be members. I'm only in 1 with a requirement, and that's either sell X amount of value, buy X amount of value, or make up the difference via deposit... which goes into a raffle. I won 5 kuta from that.

Everyone else, it's an optional deposit which also is in the form of a raffle.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I have never met anyone who's had a good reason to avoid being in at least one trading guild.

Let me introduce you to one. Me. I have 16 characters across a couple of accounts, and my characters are pretty much self-sufficient. In playing the game since PC launch I've had perhaps a dozen decent items dropped that I would have liked to have sold through a trading system. Everything else I've used, deconstructed, or sold to NPC merchants. Those few items I have just left in the bank in case I want to enable zone chat one day and advertise them (on the PC EU server, I only have Zone English enabled by default so as to cut out all the extraneous babble on the main zone channel). How many trading guilds do you know that would have kept me in them for well over two years while only listing a dozen items in that time?

I'd be perfectly happy with an NPC trader who restricted me to listing only a couple of items at a time (with two items listed all such NPC traders would be locked to me) at a high commission rate with the commission shared between trading guilds in that location. It would meet my very occasional trading needs while benefiting the trading guilds who would be even more strengthened if my earlier suggestion was adopted and the NPC traders were restricted to the starting cities only with a quest that introduced the guild trader concept so that new players were aware of how to trade in the game.

I see what you're saying, I respect it and I appreciate it, but I still don't see a good reason. I only see a "I'm on the EU Server, I don't use non-English channels and I don't want to trade the stuff I get" which I translate to saying "I don't play enough to feel like I'd be welcome in a trade guild"

Ok, I acknowledge that your limited sales are likely not going to warrant you a spot in a good trading guild, so join a subpar trading guild, or a social guild with a trading spot.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a constant argument between those who would like to sell there goods with out the BS of going through guilds blah blah .. and the guilds with traders trying to protect there market .. NOTHING MORE!! spare me lore bs or economy bs it just comes down to if we dont have a trader our guild/ guild members cant make gold!!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    No because the majority of us don't see the problem with joining a trade guild what you are saying just appears illogical. It seems like you don't want to play with other players in an MMO and if that is the case why not just stay on Skryim?

Walking around the tree wearing out your voice repeating "dreugh wax for sale" for 3 hours IS NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL.

Doing it while competing with the yahoo next to the bank that is playing dub step into his mic IS NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL.

Then having to steer clear of the knobs doing the emote dancing to the current top 40 hits over at the back near the enchanting table IS NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL.

Then you get the squeaky voice people following you around the room asking over and over "What's dreugh wax? Who was that with dreugh wax? Can you tell me what it is? What is dreugh wax for? How do you get dreugh wax? How do I get dreugh wax? Where do I get it? " and that IS NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL.

And 95% of the people walking through have the area chat turned off because of the yahoos and knobs and squeaky voices, so it takes a long time of standing there NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL, with your voice reaching only that room.

If you really want to make a game out of commerce, why are you on a game where the objective is to use magic/weapons to kill monsters/enemy team? It seems that if you really want to be playing a game of commerce you would be off running roller coaster tycoon or sim farm or some other business simulation game like "Capitalism" -
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism_(video_game)

You fail to realize that the guild trader system exists as a consequence of playing the game. This is not a business sim game, it is a swords and sorcery kill the monster game.

Edited to get that link to work correctly.

Sorry missed the part where I said to run around yelling in area chat. What I said is I cannot see why joining a guild is such an issue for you. There are free no deposit required guilds out there if you are on PS4 I could name a few. You are essentially asking the devs to restructure the trading system and reinvent the wheel for a few players who for some reason find the though of joining a guild to be preposterous. If I didn't play the game I would not have stuff to sell btw. Just playing buying and selling by itself gets boring after a while but as an aside to the game it is interesting. If you are on PS4 you could join a community post selling X for Y and then you don't have to join a guild. Btw I am AD and I stay the hell away from Elden Root I respec in Mournhold which has a pop of maybe 5 no music blaring, no squeakers, IT IS GLORIOUS!!!

Anyways there seem to be many ways to resolve your issue however it seems you are stuck on one thing and everything else is unacceptable. Just saying that unless there is a clear reason they should change the current system it is highly unlikely they will. That said though the current system is far from perfect, requiring 5k per week then going through all the deposits and adjusting ranks is not fun. There should be some sort of automated system as well as an adjustable tax system which if enough request may happen because every guildmaster I know of would rather not have to micro manage all the stuff they do. Personally I like having to bid for our trader, if I didn't have to do that I would probably have like 30 million gold which I don't know what I would do with. I do occasionally give gold to those who I think deserve it. I sent 50k to a level 10 last night because I heard him mentioning he could not afford lock picks or something else cheap. I have bought 3 people a kena helm when it was for sale as well.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade guilds are not social guilds. Being part of one doesn't mean you have to do anything but sell stuff. It doesn't take away from being a lone wolf. No reason for any other mechanic to be added.
  • Tobius
    Tobius
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't like the trader aspect in ESO with the limited spots in only certain places. If I want to find something, having to run around checking each trader then having to port to another city to check more traders is a waste of time to me. Most games have a central auction house feature, it wouldn't be like they were reinventing the wheel.
    "Remember: Sometime the Dragon wins."
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Best solution would be NPC that would allow you to search all the shoppable guild stores for your item and then you go there and buy it. Tamriel One would make that work even better obviously. Don't know if so much info being loaded at one time would cause the game to crash tough. I don't think other MMOs have nearly as much up for sale as ESO. Central Auction House may not work period for this game.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    The barriers are:
    3. Time spent looking outside the game to find these if you can't find them in-game
    4. If on console, no text chat. I would call having to run around asking in voice chat is a barrier.

I really can't even imagine how rough it is in console versions of the game right now, especially in the guild trade area. Y'all are like the ZoS red headed step children. I'm also kind of surprised at the number of guild traders on other platforms that require a fee to be members. I'm only in 1 with a requirement, and that's either sell X amount of value, buy X amount of value, or make up the difference via deposit... which goes into a raffle. I won 5 kuta from that.

Usually, in situation where a guild has a good kiosk spot and there is no required fee other members are making up for it with big donations on top of there sales. Doesn't seem fair to me that everyone doesn't even pitch in at least a small amount on top of their sales regularly. So i think a small fee is good. It shows who really cares about the success of the guild and who doesn't. If a small amount is too much for you, you aren't really using the store enough to get a benefit from it anyway.
  • Mortehl
    Mortehl
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put, If you don't want to be in a trade guild, then there are vendors... those are your merchants... see how pathetic the prices are for your items there? Deal with it or join a trade guild.

Don't play the "lone wolf" crap and expect to be handed a trader because you're too lazy or don't care.

Why are you so aggressive???? There's room for all of us in the game, and the possibility for all of us to play the way we like.. Why would it ruin the game for you if people got a 2nd opportunity to conduct their business if they don't like being in a guild?

Waaa? Go vendor, or use the provided mechanism. Many of us are 'aggressive' because we're sick of hundreds of threads from people who want welfare handouts or workarounds because they want to be special and unique snowflakes then realize the real shinies require change. Stop being a hipster dude, you really look stupid in the skinny jeans, unkempt beard, and plaid.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The barriers are:

Xbox - console is NOT conducive to shopping around for a good guild.

MOTD lists costs of a guild that is just sitting there, no other guild to replace it:
    "3,000 gold weekly deposit for trader access OR 10,000 for 1 month access
    1,000 weekly deposit for bank access"

This guild has no merchant / kiosk / cart. No cyrodiil merchant. To my knowledge, it hasn't won a merchant bid in at least 3 months.

The guild trader merchant bid system is HORRIBLE for the console players. I went looking for ancestor silk a few days ago, found prices of a stack ranging from 10,000 to 25,000. The 10k was in hews bane.

Why such a spread? There's no such thing as a merchant add on. For hard data, let's go looking for ancestor silk right now!

This exact moment, prices I see, on Xbox na
    Rawl'ka trader carts
    Tameriel trading company, 20 ancestor silk, 3260
    Guilfoyle trading company, 100 A silk, 11,500 / 200 for 20,000.
    Secret sauce, no A silk, 25 jute for 2,000... Really?!?! 2k for 1/8th of a stack of jute?!?!

Grahtwood trader carts
    1 cart didn't have any ancestor silk at all.
    Dibella's disciples 50 A silk 4,500
    Red mountain inc's finest 50 A silk 4,500
    Rated R 58 A silk 4,350 / 134 A silk 14,000 / 200 A silk for 15,800 / 200 A silk for 17,800 / 200 A silk for 19,000...
    Nymeria 200 A silk for 16,300
    Elden root squad 20 A silk for 2,300
    EsoArmy 29 A silk 8,694 / 100 for 10,000 / 200 for 16,000 / 200 for 17,500 / 200 for 26,800 / 200 for 28,800 / 200 for 30,000

And I've run out of motivation to search any longer. Console players have to go to every cart and enter in the search boxes each time, and scroll down watching for what they want because you either list by time left or by price... And as you can see the price is WIDE.

THAT is what it is like to be a shopper. Now, if I had a thousand kutas to sell, how would I get in touch with esoarmy to become a member? Does the hired trader "Naifineh" have contact info? Nope. Does the social / guilds menu have a way to search for who the guild master is? Nope. Is there any way to dig up any sort of contact info at all? No.

The guild trader system is broken. To the pc players: It is your third party add ons that save your rear ends from this.
    Edited by Cryptical on August 1, 2016 9:28PM
    Xbox NA