The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A trader for people outside guilds

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Simply put, If you don't want to be in a trade guild, then there are vendors... those are your merchants... see how pathetic the prices are for your items there? Deal with it or join a trade guild.

Don't play the "lone wolf" crap and expect to be handed a trader because you're too lazy or don't care.
    Danksta wrote: »
    I used to be in a strictly trading guild. You know how many of the 400+ members I ever communicated with? One, it was the GM and only once here on these forums so I could join. There was absolutely no social aspect to the guild, so you can be a "lone wolf" and still be in a trading guild.

My point exactly.

Well excuse me princess. Just don't care about the dern "in-game economy". At least the in-game vendors don't jack the prices through the roof.

Some of us aren't playing the game to be tycoons or to be barraged with dumb notifications every 10 minutes from people we will never interact with.

Don't tell me, you're a PvPer almost exclusively or one of those "Achievement" or "Leader Board" chasers that believe that a video-game is the best way to be competitive and bully other people.

Slow your bike there kiddo, never once did I say anything about being elitist, but you sure do assume quite a bit.

Never once have I bullied anyone, either. You just look foolish.

So insulting our intelligence and belittling our non-participation is better and non-bullying? You the one who came off as aggressive and insulting. Besides, who called you "elitist", I called you a "chaser".

I, for one, have little interest in the social aspects of this game or the "guilds" as they're called.

I liked the idea of just random traders where you could unload your junk (in my case it's more like donate, since I'm not really interested in selling it) without the "interactions". Sounded great to me.

If I want to group, I chose random people. I'm not interested in "being their friends". I'm not interested in "socializing". I play ESO because it's fun to play. That's the only reason. I don't need it to be my social life and, as a completely non-competitive person, I could care less about the other aspects.

Sorry. It's just me. You want somebody to deal good dps, or heal or tank for a group that you can just say "do this" to and they'll do it without a whole lot of talking or interacting? I'm your guy. You want somebody to just do a quick run and not worry about the dialogue and lore, I can do that. You want somebody who'll go through the lore & dialogue with you? That's also me. I'm a tool, nothing more (in any sense you want to take that).

You want to "get to know me" and "be my friend"? Find somebody else.

And don't call me "kiddo". I can guarantee that I'm a whole lot older and wiser than you are.

It's a game. I don't take it that seriously.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    So :smile: Some people, for one reason or another, don't feel like being part of a guild, prefering the lone wolf aproach to the game..

So, what do you guys think?

I think that you should accept invite from a guild which have trader somewhere in the wild, the most cheapest one thus you would not be forced to make weekly donation or sell to avoid being kicked or to keep the trader in good location. I'm sure there are plenty of guilds with lone wolfs, people who never speak on guild chat or participate in guild activities, or never respond to invites for a dungeon...

Maybe I should just start one or two for us to use. What do you think @Daemons_Bane;281592?

Thats a great idea, now you just need 48 more people to tag along. Enjoy the bidding as well.

See, there's your solution!

Well, that's out the window. Don't bid, don't want a location. Oh well. In game traders are fine with me.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an online game... being in a guild is actually fun.
    But,, even if you don't want to participate in any guild, you can join a trade guild and don't even speak in chat.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    This is an online game... being in a guild is actually fun.
    But,, even if you don't want to participate in any guild, you can join a trade guild and don't even speak in chat.

I know.. But for some people, that won't be the same :smile: They will, for one reason or another, have something against it :smile: I say that we let them have their way, since it don't really hurt the rest of us.. Quite the contrary in fact
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of posters are missing a couple of points about this.

First, it isn't the case that joining a trading guild is automatically the solution. Many players don't have a lot of stuff to sell, especially when leveling up through the game. They just want the chance to sell the odd surplus mats, recipes or motifs etc without being able to sustain the level of stock that many guilds will require or without raising the level of revenue that will justify the cost of being in a guild that calls for contributions/donations/raffles etc.

Second, there are many more guilds than there are trader spots, so at any one time there are going to be a lot of disenfranchised guilds whose members can't sell their goods because the guild doesn't have a spot that week. Sure, this can be eased by joining multiple guilds but it shouldn't be necessary.

If having an NPC trader in each main trading location enabled those players to sell a restricted number of items with a high commission rate charged and all commission shared between the guilds trading in that location then those players would be able to sell a few items with no question of the trading guilds being cut out our harmed in any way, indeed they would benefit from the additional revenue from the high commission charged to those players. It's a win/win situation.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But then we are still at the core of it.. being in a guild vs being free of it
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about let them open stall like this
    maxresdefault.jpg

||
    ||
    ||
    V
    35305-1-1367636930.jpg
    Edited by Wow on July 30, 2016 12:07AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or utilize your mic and join a guild. Be social. Jeeezus people ever heard the term mmo? We don't bite.
    Edited by a1i3nz on July 30, 2016 12:16AM
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or utilize your mic and join a guild. Be social. Jeeezus people ever heard the term mmo? We don't bite.

You're just missing the point.
    Tandor wrote: »
    A lot of posters are missing a couple of points about this.

First, it isn't the case that joining a trading guild is automatically the solution. Many players don't have a lot of stuff to sell, especially when leveling up through the game. They just want the chance to sell the odd surplus mats, recipes or motifs etc without being able to sustain the level of stock that many guilds will require or without raising the level of revenue that will justify the cost of being in a guild that calls for contributions/donations/raffles etc.

Second, there are many more guilds than there are trader spots, so at any one time there are going to be a lot of disenfranchised guilds whose members can't sell their goods because the guild doesn't have a spot that week. Sure, this can be eased by joining multiple guilds but it shouldn't be necessary.

If having an NPC trader in each main trading location enabled those players to sell a restricted number of items with a high commission rate charged and all commission shared between the guilds trading in that location then those players would be able to sell a few items with no question of the trading guilds being cut out our harmed in any way, indeed they would benefit from the additional revenue from the high commission charged to those players. It's a win/win situation.

Some trader guilds does impose heavy requirement on its members,
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you're referring to me personally, I would advice you to try and read the thread through.. if not,people have a right to choose for themselves whether they want to be in a guild or not.. I just don't think they should be penalized that much for opting to not joining..

I had considered the stalls idea, but who would really have their character stand around and wait, instead of doing quests/dungeons/trials/exploration

• Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one already, we call it /zone.
    You should try it.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I used to be in a strictly trading guild. You know how many of the 400+ members I ever communicated with? One, it was the GM and only once here on these forums so I could join. There was absolutely no social aspect to the guild, so you can be a "lone wolf" and still be in a trading guild.

Yeh, I'm in two with 500 members and not spoke to any of them once.
  • Glyntt
    Glyntt
    Every game is different of course, but the primary reason usually listed for retention in a mmo is social interaction or friendships made in-game. It's a business decision not to cater to the "lone wolves" out there. It's in the best interest of the game's longevity to incentivize socialization. Any world is more full and alive with people in it. So don't take it personally. If you choose to be anti-social in ESO that's great. The game shouldn't make it impossible for you to succeed. But it shouldn't incentivize that behavior either.

Join a trade guild if you want to trade. Like. Everyone. Else.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a really good idea we could all use! :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    You should try it.

As already stated, this was partly to free up the zone chat for actual chat..
    It's in the best interest of the game's longevity to incentivize socialization. Any world is more full and alive with people in it. So don't take it personally. If you choose to be anti-social in ESO that's great.
    But it's not in the game's interest to keep other players happy.? Do you actually think it would it mean less folk in the world if this system got implemented.? You want more socializing.. Has it occured to you that the suggestion actually would result in that, while still letting people play the way they like.?
    The game shouldn't make it impossible for you to succeed.
    So you agree with me then.. Atm they have no way to put their stuff in a store, so lets give them that option
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So :smile: Some people, for one reason or another, don't feel like being part of a guild, prefering the lone wolf aproach to the game.. What I feel that we lack, is a trader for said people.. Like the rest of us, they have stuff to sell that other people might like to buy.. Instead of spamming WTS in the chat, how about allowing them to access a "region salesman" or something like that? There are merchants everywhere, so why not tap into that resource, but only for people outside guilds.. Give them 30 slots to fill up with items, and make it work like a guild trader.. Any player will be able to access the merchant, browsing the goods, and the player will be mailed his gold as usual..
    Furthermore, I suggest allowing them the possibility of selling items at 2-3 traders, so that he won't be as effective as a player with max guilds, but not locked in only 1 city either.. I think this system could be pretty great with some adjustments, as I have surely not taken everything into account here.. But the main point is that it's an option that is only available to people with no guilds, so they can get rid of their stuff.. Another advantage of this, could be that the guilds might get sorted their members.. The ones who actually want a guild will stay, while the ones who are just there for the trader can leave.. That might serve to unite the guilds a little more

Yes!

I miss GW2 bltc (AH) so much...fairly new to the game but area chat is usually a mess of trolls and conversations better discussed in /g, /p chat. The guild traders are a bad design, time-consuming, and annoying.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 30, 2016 3:37AM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    So :smile: Some people, for one reason or another, don't feel like being part of a guild, prefering the lone wolf aproach to the game.. What I feel that we lack, is a trader for said people.. Like the rest of us, they have stuff to sell that other people might like to buy.. Instead of spamming WTS in the chat, how about allowing them to access a "region salesman" or something like that? There are merchants everywhere, so why not tap into that resource, but only for people outside guilds.. Give them 30 slots to fill up with items, and make it work like a guild trader.. Any player will be able to access the merchant, browsing the goods, and the player will be mailed his gold as usual..
    Furthermore, I suggest allowing them the possibility of selling items at 2-3 traders, so that he won't be as effective as a player with max guilds, but not locked in only 1 city either.. I think this system could be pretty great with some adjustments, as I have surely not taken everything into account here.. But the main point is that it's an option that is only available to people with no guilds, so they can get rid of their stuff.. Another advantage of this, could be that the guilds might get sorted their members.. The ones who actually want a guild will stay, while the ones who are just there for the trader can leave.. That might serve to unite the guilds a little more

There are plenty of trade guilds why would they not be acceptable? You don't really have to participate other they give gold to pay for said trader.

But why? Why am I supporting a trader that I don't interact with? Is it because they're at a location that I'll probably never come to anyhow but others like it?

I think one of the other posters has a point. Me, I'm not interested in "selling" my items, unless I can undercut the outrageous price requests of some people. Chances are, whatever trader I'm seeing (and let me tell you, I've looked at more than a few) are overcharging incredibly for items (for some reason, particularly low level crafting items - I can see gold resources or very powerful weapons or armor, but 10K for a blue resto/lightning staff? Who are they kidding).

Example: My 12th level sorceress wanted to upgrade her weapon and didn't have the skill up yet, so she went to her mages guild. Guess what! They had a blue lightninging/frost staff (just what she was looking for) doing 311 for 5500. She though, cool! I have plenty of gold and bought it (since she's upgraded it and changed out one of the runes). She happened to peek in to a guild trader she happened to be passing and the exact same staff was on sale for 15000! What? What kind of fool would spend that much?

Another example: Need a couple of wormwood to complete a writ and didn't feel like looking for any. Went to a few in-game vendors, nothing. Check a couple of traders. Yay! Had some.. wait? what? 1700 each! Who were they kidding. Happened to know where I could pick about 12 of them in an area, although it would take me 10 minutes to get there so I just went and picked them for free.

Maybe those of us who would like to just turn in our excess rather then sell it should just sell it to the ingame vendors. It's easy, they're everywhere (even just wandering the landscape) and there aren't any complications.

the thing about prices...

just because item x is offered for sale at price y does not mean it sells at that price...

true you do see silly things at stupid prices..... but that's because - people

caveat emptor and all that.
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    I support this idea!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should try it.

It's in the best interest of the game's longevity to incentivize socialization. Any world is more full and alive with people in it. So don't take it personally. If you choose to be anti-social in ESO that's great.
    But it's not in the game's interest to keep other players happy.? Do you actually think it would it mean less folk in the world if this system got implemented.? You want more socializing.. Has it occured to you that the suggestion actually would result in that, while still letting people play the way they like.?
    So you agree with me then.. Atm they have no way to put their stuff in a store, so lets give them that option

how would it result in more socializing?

i don't think interacting with an npc really counts as socializing, do you?
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNIpwhR66o

Like this, could open up many RP opportunities and socializing.

i don't think interacting with an npc really counts as socializing
  • Esquire1980g_ESO
    Esquire1980g_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that a personal vendor comes along with housing.

It appears that ZOS tried to copy some of SWG's player run economy by leaving the best parts out. Every crafter had access to customizable PVE vendors with up to 1250 items listed, more if u pointed them up. Maybe they thought their database wouldn't handle the strain but SWG used the Berkly database which is about as "old as the hills" now and it kept up. Then there was the vendor search feature included in the bazzar which kept prices competitive. I've found the same item listed on vendors here for as much as 80K and found it on other vendors for 3K.

About the only thing I see working via the vendor system in this game is the gold sinks. Which ZOS probably would of gotten more gold out of the game by using SWG's vendor system and costing the vendor maintenance accordingly.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should try it.

Sort of :) you may not interact directly with the players, but getting a further flow of wares on the market, player to player, counts as socializing :)
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should try it.

Sort of :) you may not interact directly with the players, but getting a further flow of wares on the market, player to player, counts as socializing :)

but the interaction isn't player to player its player to npc - you can do player to player now via zone shout (it works fine, i've used it a lot).

the flow of wares, in your model, is not player to player its player to npc and (maybe, if it sell), npc to player. and that is not, by any generally accepted definition of the word, socializing.

Edited by jedtb16_ESO on July 30, 2016 8:50AM
  • dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    Theres nothing social about a trade guild. Everyone is there to sell stuff. They are not in there to socialise/or in anyway play with each other.

For an mmo this kinda sucks. People are ready to dump their trade guilds to free a slot for the next best one.

I wish they (trade guilds) didnt exist and instead we saw popular succesful social/pvp/pve guilds using these stalls. Guilds names you recognise for their achievements in game. You could achieve this if there was a requirement for the guild to have completed x task with x difficulty that the guild must work together on to be eligible to bid for a specific slot. This does make me start to think about a guild progression system (another thread perhaps ;-) )

For the OP I like the idea of having a trader you can use without being in a trade guild for albeit with a high % rate of commision. I dont think it should be that much more than the cost of belonging to a trade guild. I get it, the guild masters put alot of effort in and we are all entitled to play the way we want, but this process is driving prices too high for everyone. The richer the trade guild becomes the more they can bid, other guilds have to raise even larger sums to compete, how do they do that? Raise prices.

I dont have time to invest in this as the limited time i do have is playing dungeons with friends. Id still like the ability to adhoc sell my stuff for other people to benefit but im happy to pay for the privalage through commision. I am even happy to complete some challenges to unlock these!
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in guilds with traders, none of them charge a weekly fee (though I do donate 10's of thousands each week) and only 1 of them is full, the others are nowhere near full. Other than initially requesting to join (which you can do on this forum, or sending a mail to someone in the guild or asking in area chat) you don't need to socialise with the guild. My main guild I socialise with I've probably only ever spoken to about 20% of the members. There's no barrier preventing anyone from joining a guild with a trader with the system as it is. With that being said they'll still be people that won't take that step for whatever reason so I don't mind the idea of a trader that anyone can use. It needs to be heavily restricted eg max 10 items, 10% listing fee, 40% selling fee so as not to undermine the guild traders and to encourage people to join guilds. Id place them in zone 1 so new people get access early on
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An auction house thread by any other name is still an auction house thread.

They haven't done anything on it in 2 years because they already use guilds so another thread masquerading as a different idea (whether intentional or unintentional) will not make a difference.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Junipus wrote: »

They haven't done anything on it in 2 years because they already use guilds so another thread masquerading as a different idea (whether intentional or unintentional) will not make a difference.

You can stick your AH where the sun don't shine.. This is in NO WAY, a request for a global, or any other kind of auction.. It's a merchant, in no way different from those already in the game.. You purchase a ware, you don't bid on it..
    the flow of wares, in your model, is not player to player its player to npc and (maybe, if it sell), npc to player. and that is not, by any generally accepted definition of the word, socializing.
    So, pretty much like a guild, without being in one

Edited by Daemons_Bane on July 30, 2016 10:15AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see a problem, sorry.
    You can be the loneliest of lonely wolves and still be in trading guild, the only "social" thing that is actually required is asking for invite. I'm in 2 big trading guilds, and no one cares if I'm talking to other guild members or not, the only thing that matters is selling items.
    If you're afraid of seeing guild chat and talking to people, just use "offline mode" so no one can whisper you and hide chat (or, if you still want to see /z chat, just make another tab).
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    Junipus wrote: »

Keeping your thoughts/ideas to yourself even if it has been said before wont make a difference either.

• dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    I dont see a problem, sorry.
    You can be the loneliest of lonely wolves and still be in trading guild, the only "social" thing that is actually required is asking for invite. I'm in 2 big trading guilds, and no one cares if I'm talking to other guild members or not, the only thing that matters is selling items.
    If you're afraid of seeing guild chat and talking to people, just use "offline mode" so no one can whisper you and hide chat (or, if you still want to see /z chat, just make another tab).

If all you do is sell items in a trade guild. Whats the point in the guild. It may as well be fully computer controlled with varying losting fees depending on location. Save the guild master a lot of effort.