The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran versions of non vet only dungeons (minor spoilers)

RAGUNAnoOne
RAGUNAnoOne
✭✭✭✭✭
I think that zenimax should add a veteran version for the base game dungeons that don't have them. here is a list complete with what I think should happen.

Volenfell: the worst offender in the game of an unfinished storyline you pull the artifact and it gets destroyed releasing undead it is obvious you ***ed something up and released something terrible yet it ends there...

Vaults of madness: what is really keeping the spirits stuck in the vaults if it isn't the architect find out in the vet version

Arx: The lamias are dead but are nerieds better? find out what they have been summoning in the vet

Direfrost: the witch was after powerful frost magic but it came at a cost and now a fierce deity takes control of the keep

Blackheart: the worm cult heard about the way the undead pirates were once roaming around and decided to move there to conduct experiments

Tempest: the maomer may be gone but the lamias sure aren't and they have recently succeeded in unearthing a powerful alyid artifact that possessed them...

what do you think?
PS4 NA
Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally all of the dungeons were supposed to get veteran followups to continue their stories. The vet versions were rolling out a bit at a time, but all of that got put on hold when Tamriel Unlimited was announced, and the game went into a content freeze.

In an ideal world, ZOS should finish up the vet versions for all of those. Especially since, as you pointed out, the stories just kind of end, without any resolution.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love these stories and hope they finish them.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    (...) Especially since, as you pointed out, the stories just kind of end, without any resolution.

Wait, what? Is there a history behind all the killing, exprience and loot?

I should stop skipping the dialogs xD
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the biggest offenses in Imperial City was that Veteran White Gold and Veteran Imperial Prison were identical to their Non-Veteran Counterparts, and the same is true of Cradle and Ruins from the upcoming SotH pack.

I've been hoping to see new Veteran content that expands on the story told in those dungeons and I've been disappointed each time the Base Game gets an update. I'm hoping, now that Trials have been scaled, the next Base Game Patch will see a few of these introduced.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_GinaBruno can you possibly tell the devs that we the players want this option?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    (...) Especially since, as you pointed out, the stories just kind of end, without any resolution.

Wait, what? Is there a history behind all the killing, exprience and loot?

I should stop skipping the dialogs xD

Yeah. The non-vet dungeons tell the first half of a story, and usually set the stage for where the vet one will go. Then the vet dungeon has you come back in and see how everything went to hell after you left, usually as a result of your actions.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought this was their plan from the get go. The original Vet dungeons are all in the first few zones in each faction. When VCOA was released, it followed the pattern. Then they just stopped. There is so much good content, just waiting to be updated. Vet Vaults of Madness would be Amazaballs!!! If they did one a quarter, they would have years worth of stuff to add to DLCs.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 28, 2016 9:24PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought this was there plan from the get go. The original Vet dungeons are all in the first few zones in each faction. When VCOA was released, it followed the pattern. Then they just stopped. There are is so much good content, just waiting to be updated. Vet Vaults of Madness would be Amazaballs!!! If they did one a quarter, they would have years worth of stuff to add to DLCs.

Yeah, with console and Tamriel Unlimited we suddenly saw this entire model dropped. Imperial City was the first of them to get released it sported a lazy Normal/Vet design that will be introduced with the Shadows of the Hist dungeons as well.

I've made my peace with this, but I would beg and plead that Base Game Patches introduce new Veteran continuations of the stories they left on cliffhangers.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, what about monster helm and shoulders?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x_Nathan_F wrote: »

There's confirmed art design of monster helm and shoulders for Veteran versions of these Dungeons.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x_Nathan_F wrote: »

There's confirmed art design of monster helm and shoulders for Veteran versions of these Dungeons.

Been much want for the frost Atro helm now for a long long time.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, it's hard enough to find a group on normal dungeons where you don't get kicked for wanting to read the dialogue. In vet, I can't imagine actually being allowed to enjoy the story.

Guess a lot of the people posting in this thread roll with people who appreciate the storytelling. I need to meet more people like you guys.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    Totally down for this. More Vet dungeons and monster sets, please.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I'm not trying to sound arrogant here, but I write 4 man adventures on a weekly basis, this can't possibly be harder than that beyond the coding aspect (which ok, I admit I don't know a lot about) but otherwise, yeah I could write a 4 man adventure taking place in the Exact. Same. Map. as the normal version in about 3 days time and then it would just need implemented by the team who does the programming and mapping and all that jazz.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man, it's hard enough to find a group on normal dungeons where you don't get kicked for wanting to read the dialogue. In vet, I can't imagine actually being allowed to enjoy the story.

Guess a lot of the people posting in this thread roll with people who appreciate the storytelling. I need to meet more people like you guys.
    @MasterSpatula what server do you play on? I might be able to hook you up.
    I mean, I'm not trying to sound arrogant here, but I write 4 man adventures on a weekly basis, this can't possibly be harder than that beyond the coding aspect (which ok, I admit I don't know a lot about) but otherwise, yeah I could write a 4 man adventure taking place in the Exact. Same. Map. as the normal version in about 3 days time and then it would just need implemented by the team who does the programming and mapping and all that jazz.
    Then there is the voice over work, new models and animations, balance, tweaks, etc. I would love to see more continuations but don't underestimate how much work it would take.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol but that's gonna make it difficult for them to sell a 'dlc' that contains 2 dungeons only.

Content for free, even though it's been pre-designed years ago? Don't think so…
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wayfarerx PCNA. I've got a really solid guild for getting stuff done, but they do seem to be all about doing it in the pro style.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

@MasterSpatula what server do you play on? I might be able to hook you up.
    Then there is the voice over work, new models and animations, balance, tweaks, etc. I would love to see more continuations but don't underestimate how much work it would take.

You're right, there's work involved, and I admit that, but after more than a year since our last Veteran story continuation (of which I've made many comments) it gets easy to think "Good lord what's taking so long".

That being said I absolutely appreciate that White Gold and Prison were part of the Planemeld story, that Cradel and Ruins give a shout out to Argonians. I'm just a Dungeon designer and I get frustrated not being to get more dungeons.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of the dungeons also ended in unresolved cliffhangers and are just begging for sequels.

Volenfell: Oh crap, we just unleashed an army of undead and barely escaped at the end of the normal storyline. This is the most cliffhanger-ish ending of all the normals.

Selene's Web: We just helped an arse of a mage get what he wants. You know at the end of that story that he's going to turn evil and do something bad, just like what happened in Fungal when we helped an evil cult get what they wanted.

Vaults of Madness: They're still trapped there. Furthermore in the concluding dialog of the normal version, the guy we just saved is already plotting to take over the Vaults and essentially become the next Mad Architect.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, all I really want to hear from our Dev Teams and Community Managers is "We know, and now that the Trials are squared away this is our next step in providing content for the Base Game Patch"
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @wayfarerx PCNA. I've got a really solid guild for getting stuff done, but they do seem to be all about doing it in the pro style.

@MasterSpatula Hit me up in game, I've got a really solid guild for goofing off, reading all the dialog and spending 15+ minutes scouring dungeons for chests and heavy sacks :) You've almost assuredly heard of them before...
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasterSpatula Hit me up in game, I've got a really solid guild for goofing off, reading all the dialog and spending 15+ minutes scouring dungeons for chests and heavy sacks :) You've almost assuredly heard of them before...

I may just do that! When's a good time?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blessed Crucible would be another good one to get a vet version. After helping the guy from the normal, he could become power hungry, assembling ever increasingly stronger people until he has an army at his command and you need to stop him before he marches against the Pact as the crucible is positioned right on the border of Stonefalls and The Rift
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I may just do that! When's a good time?

I'll be online in a couple hours, got to go to Wayfarer Jr.'s back to school night tonight.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like ZOS to develop solo dungeons (both Normal and Vet) for those who aren't 501+ and are equipped with a powerful maelstrom weapon and monster set gear.

Instead of making new dungeons with a backstory... perhaps fixing the group finder would be a good start because right now playing dungeons for pledges is a nightmare if you're not gifted with numerous of active friends.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who knew there was a point to all the text I skip.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_GinaBruno can you possibly tell the devs that we the players want this option?

can we? yes... Will we?? .. EEurrr... no, sorry
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I did the first time doing them. I've now run over 1000 dungeons (noticed the other day). So now it's mash a and go kill stuff on alts.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volenfell: the worst offender in the game of an unfinished storyline you pull the artifact and it gets destroyed releasing undead it is obvious you ***ed something up and released something terrible yet it ends there...

I always thought the one in Reaper's March was a more egregious offender, because of your employer cackling manically as you exited. (Not, quite, literally.)