The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Radiant Destruction

• Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Not sure how ZOS will change this skill - but it will get changed in due time. Thats just how it goes. Best not to label the skill as 'fine' - because in the current PvP environment its not 'fine'.

Probably the next patch. Best to discuss reasonable solutions rather than deny theres any issue with it. :#

IMhumbleO, RD is fine.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how ZOS will change this skill - but it will get changed in due time. Thats just how it goes. Best not to label the skill as 'fine' - because in the current PvP environment its not 'fine'.

Probably the next patch. Best to discuss reasonable solutions rather than deny theres any issue with it. :#

While i agree with you in spirit, i cant in practice. Because the main problem everyone has with this skill is it cant be dodged. We like to pretend it isnt. Oh the range is to far. The execute range is to high..So on.

But i honestly think if you change those 2 things, it wont be enough and these threads will continue until one of two things happen. Either the damage is reduced so much the skill becomes useless, or it becomes dodgeable again making the skill near useless.

Hopefully there are some brains out there that can come up with a way to still have the skill be useful and solve the problem. But i wont hold my breath. Since i think zos sees this as a counter to the dodge heavy shuffle build. And people who use dodge for everything are the people that have problems with this skill.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

IMhumbleO, RD is fine.

Doesn't matter if it's fine or not. They are going to keep complaining till it's changed. I've seen this happen with every nerf. Some were justified sure, but a lot were not.

No amount of logic or reason will change anyones mind on these forums cause everyone is already convinced they are correct and they will keep bringing it up till it's changed. Doesn't matter if ZOS directly states it's fine. Fengrush and others are convinced it's not so the nerf brigade will continue. Once RD is nerfed it's on to the next skill to nerf.

Notice their requests for changes to RD have evolved from nerf dmg, to make it dodgable to nerf range to nerf dmg etc. They just want it nerfed. Once the range is reduced a new thread will pop up to nerf the dmg. It's a literal never ending cycle of requests for nerfs. Once Templar is back on the bottom they will go back to asking for the next class to get a nerf.

Why not just ask for a cheaper purge? Or a stamina purge? Or something that will add to the game? Nope, just nerf it cause I don't like it.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While i agree with you in spirit, i cant in practice. Because the main problem everyone has with this skill is it cant be dodged. We like to pretend it isnt. Oh the range is to far. The execute range is to high..So on.

But i honestly think if you change those 2 things, it wont be enough and these threads will continue until one of two things happen. Either the damage is reduced so much the skill becomes useless, or it becomes dodgeable again making the skill near useless.

Hopefully there are some brains out there that can come up with a way to still have the skill be useful and solve the problem. But i wont hold my breath. Since i think zos sees this as a counter to the dodge heavy shuffle build. And people who use dodge for everything are the people that have problems with this skill.

@AfkNinja is right - enough complaints force balance changes. Its just how it works. It doesnt matter if its the right thing to do.

In this case, the skill does need a change. I dont agree with removing its unique strengths that you named @vyndral13preub18_ESO - and that is a lot of peoples complaints. My issue is this skill instant ticks execute damage before it connects. Its the most brutal feature of this skill. That tick needs to be removed completely. Damage should scale up the longer the beam holds. That is how I'd change the skill. Damage would remain the same start to finish (PVE impact) - just arrive in a different spread. This allows players the ability to react.
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    Make it so it (all executes) (do)es no damage or self-damage when used before execute (skilled based).

Take away the instant tic.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@AfkNinja is right - enough complaints force balance changes. Its just how it works. It doesnt matter if its the right thing to do.

In this case, the skill does need a change. I dont agree with removing its unique strengths that you named @vyndral13preub18_ESO - and that is a lot of peoples complaints. My issue is this skill instant ticks execute damage before it connects. Its the most brutal feature of this skill. That tick needs to be removed completely. Damage should scale up the longer the beam holds. That is how I'd change the skill. Damage would remain the same start to finish (PVE impact) - just arrive in a different spread. This allows players the ability to react.

It's a 3.5 second channel. Make the first hit tick at .5 seconds then 1 second each for 3 total ticks. Gives you a half second to respond and purge/interrupt etc. But the dmg is fine and it needs to stay undodgable or my Stamplar can ignore purge and just monkey roll to the Magplar and push his/her face in. There needs to be a good counter to Stam builds, every class should have at least 1 undodgable skill imo.

More importantly fix Malubeth, reduce the duration of vitality pots and work on the lag. I die to lag 100000x more than everything else combined.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

It's a 3.5 second channel. Make the first hit tick at .5 seconds then 1 second each for 3 total ticks. Gives you a half second to respond and purge/interrupt etc. But the dmg is fine and it needs to stay undodgable or my Stamplar can ignore purge and just monkey roll to the Magplar and push his/her face in. There needs to be a good counter to Stam builds, every class should have at least 1 undodgable skill imo.

More importantly fix Malubeth, reduce the duration of vitality pots and work on the lag. I die to lag 100000x more than everything else combined.

Yea I mean - Ive never said to remove it from going through dodge.

I think people are under the impression Im extremely biased in balancing. :(
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I mean - Ive never said to remove it from going through dodge.

I think people are under the impression Im extremely biased in balancing. :(

So many arguments it's hard to keep them all strait. I do appreciate your posts though and it does appear you at least attempt to stay constructive and unbiased.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're mad that an instant abilitly instantly aplies execute damage when you're in execute range?

Edited by itscompton on July 28, 2016 8:29PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No worse than heavy attack from a nb. Got hit for 19k + from one of those attacks.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree with most of what you said, I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. I think those with the most problems are casters. It doesn't take a lot of effort to dodge roll and run out of range for the channel. But if you're standing there getting railed by RD as a caster, you have no choice but to ward up. And then ward up some more. And then some more. And then die. Everyone knows that once you get stuck on the defensive it rarely turns in your favor.

The best option imho is to ward up and throw a hard CC like cripple or frags or petrify. However effective that may be for some people, I don't feel it constitutes balance.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 28, 2016 8:35PM
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

So you're mad that an instant abilitly instantly aplies execute damage when you're in execute range?

I'm pretty sure he's saying that he isn't fond of the part of the "instant ability instantly applying execute damage" before the beam is even showing its connection to the opposing player.. Thus leaving the opposing player no time to react to the execute damage they don't know they're taking until it technically 1 shots them...

And he's 100% correct in his argument.
    Edited by jkolb2030 on July 28, 2016 8:37PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    RD isn't op and can be easily countered.

L2 block;

L2 use the enviroment (cut the line of sigh with the caster);

L2 use impenetrable (to counter the crits);

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

L2 get jumped on by 2 stamblades with Incap Strike and 1 Templar who is 30 meters away who does nothing but toss 1 javelin and RD.

= balance

First of all you clearly outnumbered and they used 'guerrila' (ganks) warfare, which is very hard to counter.

Also, this is a war. *** homini lupus. Do you expect honor in war my friend?

do know....people are able to survive these 2-3 ganging nubs on 1 person....better..some people can defeat them and not be maluplar.....just some longer fight....when 1 mindless RD caster from range just spamming on you rs and with this situation its always cancer....also like you said it was
    'guerrila' (ganks)
    ...those gang also are just mindless because they cant gang solo and need help...nothing to think when need to spam just 1 skill + rd from back ;P
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he's saying that he isn't fond of the part of the "instant ability instantly applying execute damage" before the beam is even showing its connection to the opposing player.. Thus leaving the opposing player no time to react to the execute damage they don't know they're taking until it technically 1 shots them...

And he's 100% correct in his argument.

Sounds more like a problem with lag then with the ability. Someone at low health will die instantly when I hit them with my execute, just like all other executes work. If you're dying before the animation plays its lag, not the way the ability works thats the issue. If the game is being laggy and I'm at 50% health and two people hit me with ranged moves at the same time someone uses reverse slash its not as if I have time to see it coming and do anything to stop it, I'm going to be alive one second then be dead the next.
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    another day another nerf RD thread :)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think he has more of a problem that the damage happens before the game gives you any indication that you are being hit.

All skills work this way, just that with RD's channeled nature, it becomes more of a problem.

I don't the the first tick needs to be removed, but the game needs to communicate to the target that they are getting hit.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uh oh, you done goof @Cazzy. Now you're about to have a zerg of Templars come in here to defend their OP move.
    Here are some BS tips:
    1. Hold block until you run out of stamina, and then die
    2. Take out a tree from your inventory via deus ex machina, and utilize LOS.
    3. Use your 28m bash
    4. Don't let your health get low.
    5. L2Die

200_s.gif
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Is it supposed to do that much damage? I had one flat out kill me with 15k :neutral:

jermaine.gif~c200

Got hit for 34K full impen heavy.
    Fix the skill.
    Edited by EnOeZ on August 15, 2016 1:30PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Is it supposed to do that much damage? I had one flat out kill me with 15k :neutral:

jermaine.gif~c200

Got hit for 34K full impen heavy.
    Fix the skill.

Print?
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    If u think RD is op, u havent seen nightblade burst damage.........
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    @EveryRDFanboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfI1UrlChs

This skill sure is balanced.

You can hate Fengrush all you want, you can't deny this skill is broken.

The skill is "balanced" 1v1, but is completely INSANE in Cyrodiil in mass PVP.
    Fix Radiant Destruction.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a laugh out of his. With the exception of being low health I've not been killed by RO. Not sure why others have issue.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't make an evaluation because of lag and the freaking bad death recaps that lie to you.
    All people react to is it it kills them it should be nerfed.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    @EveryRDFanboy.

This is bugged health and says nothing about the ability itself. Are light attacks op now since I've been one shot for 300 damage before. Start complaining about the actually broken things.
    Edited by Skyy on August 15, 2016 1:49PM
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

L2 stop your delusion on thinking radiant destruction is not over performing
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    This has now turned into the 60th nerf radiant thread. Be prepared for the exact same arguments to be used that were used and countered in every other thread. Don't try to use logic or you will be labeled a "forumplar" even if you don't play magicka templar. If you don't have problems countering radiant you are obviously a liar and are making things up.

We seriously can not have any productive discussions on this forum.

and also be prepared to have people convinced they have counter arguments but lack substance in those arguments because they want to defend an imbalanced ability....
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    @EveryRDFanboy.

ahahahaha...well its EP Hackers of course.

never seen it happen like that.

And doesnt he has like 20k+ Health and it only ticks for 11k? xD

EXPLAIN ZOS! ahahaha
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

But doing basic skills is too hard for all the QQers out there. Since they can't L2P nerf t!
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fengrush is one of the players who always calls the game wrong, never himself.

Nothing is wrong there. He was hit by TWO Templars with DARK FLARE plus RD.
    ONE NB can kill faster than TWO Templars did in this video.

At least with Templars you have a chance to roll out of the mess.
    With a good NB ganking you, you do not even have a chance to react being stunned.
    If ONE class is named to be OP, it is the NB class.

Edited by BalticBlues on August 15, 2016 2:17PM
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    Fengrush is one of the players who always calls the game wrong, never himself.

Nothing is wrong there. He was hit by TWO Templars with DARK FLARE plus RD.
    ONE NB can kill faster than TWO Templars did in this video.
    If ONE class is named to be OP, it is the NB class.

NB have actual been looked at and changed within reason magic templars haven't .....fact