The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Radiant Destruction

Cazzy
Cazzy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is it supposed to do that much damage? I had one flat out kill me with 15k :neutral:

jermaine.gif~c200
Edited by Cazzy on July 28, 2016 3:47PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD isn't op and can be easily countered.

L2 block;

L2 use the enviroment (cut the line of sigh with the caster);

L2 use impenetrable (to counter the crits);

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Is it supposed to do that much damage? I had one flat out kill me with 15k :neutral:

You must had had like 5% hp. It didn't actually do 15,000 dmg. The dmg it did = the hp you had left.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main is a Templar, so I have to admit to being rather fond of this particular skill..........

When comparing 15k to the numbers I see mine hit, I would say that is on the low side, even in PVP with the damage reduction. :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

Yes. The only times I've died from RD has never when I was already at low health. Been hit by the beams many times without any issue.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what it normally does in a fight. Note that the RD is the killing blow so the one tick of the RD is at low health execute range. If it does any damage at all, and you'd be surprised how blunt it is 90% of the time in Cyrodiil, this is usually what it looks like when it executed. Compare this to your usual Sorc Mag/Melee execute, yeah, that's not in the vicinity of OP.

Ticks over 30%, I'm glad if they ar 2K, but hey it all depends on the Spell Protection and how CPs have been distributed for spell/mag/DoT damage mitigation too.

It's just that you can't be specced only for SD or WD, not caring about any SD mitigation and expect not to take good damage from mag skills or a mag execute.

People can't have it all, unfortunately, since I'd like to have 30K Stamina with my current build so I could dodge everything for hours, but to my shock, it seems I can't have that. Go figure. =D

SYTdQah.png
    Edited by Idinuse on July 28, 2016 3:55PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Mine can hit for around 25k occasionally and a friends has gone off at 30k.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    Mine can hit for around 25k occasionally and a friends has gone off at 30k.

I'd like to fight those that you guys hit that hard. It's getting old to watch 80% of Cyrodiil brush my RDs off like it was dust lol. Maybe they've ninja nerfed it or people really have grasped how to deal with RD, but I really have to be sure when in execute range to even consider RD, I'd rather go on with Jabs at close range or pump Javelin lol.

But hitting at high health is another beast =D, it's just fun to see people start twitching or taking steps back if on a wall. =) There really is tactics you can use RD for at full or good health.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    This is what it normally does in a fight. Note that the RD is the killing blow so the one tick of the RD is at low health execute range. If it does any damage at all, and you'd be surprised how blunt it is 90% of the time in Cyrodiil, this is usually what it looks like when it executed. Compare this to your usual Sorc Mag/Melee execute, yeah, that's not in the vicinity of OP.

Ticks over 30%, I'm glad if they ar 2K, but hey it all depends on the Spell Protection and how CPs have been distributed for spell/mag/DoT damage mitigation too.

It's just that you can't be specced only for SD or WD, not caring about any SD mitigation and expect not to take good damage from mag skills or a mag execute.

People can't have it all, unfortunately, since I'd like to have 30K Stamina with my current build so I could dodge everything for hours, but to my shock, it seems I can't have that. Go figure. =D

SYTdQah.png

Ahhhhh that makes sense :smile: I didn't think it was OP but I've never seen one hit me with that much damage before now.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its also a damage over time ability, could be multiple ticks.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they made every tree in Cyrodiil an actual solid object...I wouldn't be as annoyed with RD as I am.

Its very irritating running behind a couple trees only for the beam to go straight through it, then later I go behind a different tree in a different area and it breaks the beam.

lolwut

I'd wager 85% of all objects (rocks/houses/trees and the like) in Cyrodiil aren't considered "solid objects" because I swear the beam just never breaks it seems.

This is my main reason why I want them to make it so you can dodge roll to break it, the whole "break line of sight" doesn't work when the items given to the player to break line of sight don't do it.

Oh well nothing is gonna be done so meh, they die fast so its all good.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on July 28, 2016 4:03PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made every tree in Cyrodiil an actual solid object...I wouldn't be as annoyed with RD as I am.

Its very irritating running behind a couple trees only for the beam to go straight through it, then later I go behind a different tree in a different area and it breaks the beam.

lolwut

I'd wager 85% of all objects (rocks/houses/trees and the like) in Cyrodiil aren't considered "solid objects" because I swear the beam just never breaks it seems.

This is my main reason why I want them to make it so you can dodge roll to break it, the whole "break line of sight" doesn't work.

Yes, I really agree that the beam has to cut when LoS:ed. I'd say it should be high on the list of fixes, not only for RD but I agree that it's one of the more annoying skills to have stuck with you behind an obstacle. All arrows and frags too, but RD is so much more "trackable".

Edit* However, making it dodgeable would need to make it a non channel, and I for one wouldn't mind having an instant cast RD shot, behaving the same way as now in all but being dodgeable since it would then be a skill that the animation cancelers could weave in and fire off with all those LA's and what not that usually hit me 3 or even 4 in a second or so. I would also expect the cost to be 1/4 of now, since the cost is for 4 ticks (we still get charged full even if we get interrupted or cancel it ourselves after 1 tick). Or at least on par with all other executes in terms of cost.
    Edited by Idinuse on July 28, 2016 4:26PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The range does need cutting down though, 41m is just stupid.

Oh and lower the execute threshold, if people are using it as an actual execute and using it to 1 tick people when their low, fine, your using it as intended and those players won't be affected.

The full hp beam idiots will be affected.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

L2 get jumped on by 2 stamblades with Incap Strike and 1 Templar who is 30 meters away who does nothing but toss 1 javelin and RD.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 28, 2016 4:21PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The range does need cutting down though, 41m is just stupid.

Oh and lower the execute threshold, if people are using it as an actual execute and using it to 1 tick people when their low, fine, your using it as intended and those players won't be affected.

The full hp beam idiots will be affected.

Sure. If they cut all 28 meters skills the same amount. No problem.

The execute range is still 25%. Just because it starts to ramp up from 50% doesn't immediately translate to that the execute range is from 50%. It's nowhere near execute dmg between 50 and 30%, under 30% it can do good dmg IF your mag pool is high, if it's around my usual 25-30% magicka left, it's not doing those high damage numbers. From 25% the execute dmg is triggered and yeah, then it can do high damage on low Spell Protection specced players, on reasonably Spell Protection specced players, well see my picture above.
    Edited by Idinuse on July 28, 2016 4:29PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

L2 get jumped on by 2 stamblades with Incap Strike and 1 Templar who is 30 meters away who does nothing but toss 1 javelin and RD.

= balance

First of all you clearly outnumbered and they used 'guerrila' (ganks) warfare, which is very hard to counter.

Also, this is a war. *** homini lupus. Do you expect honor in war my friend?
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What does bother me is that Radient Destruction goes right through my Hardened Ward... My shield absorbs 12k, which is weird that it doesn't block it.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does bother me is that Radient Destruction goes right through my Hardened Ward... My shield absorbs 12k, which is weird that it doesn't block it.

If your HP is low it does execute dmg, sometimes up to 15-20k. That would trash your shield and still kill you. You would need 2 shields if you are deep in execute range (sub 15% hp).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

1x3 and your surprised you died? Granted, there are players that can survive that due to skill and others due to specific builds but that's not the average player.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uh oh, you done goof @Cazzy. Now you're about to have a zerg of Templars come in here to defend their OP move.
    Here are some BS tips:
    1. Hold block until you run out of stamina, and then die
    2. Take out a tree from your inventory via deus ex machina, and utilize LOS.
    3. Use your 28m bash
    4. Don't let your health get low.
    5. L2Die
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) 3. Use your 28m bash

You know that bashing isn't the only way to disrupt right?
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    @EveryRDFanboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfI1UrlChs

This skill sure is balanced.

You can hate Fengrush all you want, you can't deny this skill is broken.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) 3. Use your 28m bash

You know that bashing isn't the only way to disrupt right?

Oh that's right, I could morph one of my good moves into a crappy one; which probably wouldn't even get used anyways because the way a templar uses RD is by CCing you first. You see the issue with this move is that against any other combatant, you can CC break then recover; whereas against a magicka templar you just die. Heck even if you aren't CC'd. The time lapse between the initiation of RD, and gap closing to bash kills you. This move hits harder than any other execute because it can double dip from the champion tree, it has a 28m range, and it can't be dodged. It's too powerful.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2 block;

L2 disrupt the casting.

And you'll do fine.

= balance

First of all you clearly outnumbered and they used 'guerrila' (ganks) warfare, which is very hard to counter.

Also, this is a war. *** homini lupus. Do you expect honor in war my friend?

We could simulate a 1v1 and have a real discussion, but why bother? Obvious troll is obvious.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 28, 2016 5:49PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @EveryRDFanboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfI1UrlChs

This skill sure is balanced.

You can hate Fengrush all you want, you can't deny this skill is broken.

Lol! Hey now, it's an execute ;-)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Templar friends and i went trolling and focus fired people with this in opponent groups. Full health targets dropped as soon as they got to half health. 3v1 we would kill just about anyone though
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But i cant dodge it!! Why cant the one defense i use counter everything in the game!!!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark flare, dark flare, aurora javelin, radiant destruction, hit in 3s and hurts alot
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has now turned into the 60th nerf radiant thread. Be prepared for the exact same arguments to be used that were used and countered in every other thread. Don't try to use logic or you will be labeled a "forumplar" even if you don't play magicka templar. If you don't have problems countering radiant you are obviously a liar and are making things up.

We seriously can not have any productive discussions on this forum.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how ZOS will change this skill - but it will get changed in due time. Thats just how it goes. Best not to label the skill as 'fine' - because in the current PvP environment its not 'fine'.

Probably the next patch. Best to discuss reasonable solutions rather than deny theres any issue with it. :#