The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yes, I am going to keep Hurling Abuse at the Breton Costume.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Burn-GIF.gif?gs=a

People's reaction to the new Breton Armour and Doom Wolf mount ...

Seriously, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet. It's really not great quality. And that's being kind.

Plain bad, just like every other hero costume available.

It is just as impressive how people still buy these after so many threads complaining about the overall quality of costumes and their price.

Not everyone checks the forums. The vast majority could care less what we here complain about and as much as I agree the costume is sub-par. Its not your money.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please pay attention to how many disgruntled customers you have regarding this outfit.

At $20 this should be a premium outfit with superlative workmanship, instead we have multiple issues on this with a very vocal support base showing what poor quality we have been given. It's a total rip-off.

The art quality should be more consistent and we need fixes for these expensive items. We are not happy consumers with this!
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    @Roehamad_Ali

Oh, I think there used to be. But people just gave up after a while because nothing was being done.

You might have the same response with the costume .

They would sooner fix the costume.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I notice you guys are trying to pin the blame on Gina and Jessica. Why? They don't work on the art team so don't take it out on them. Also they're not the only ones on staff that look at these threads...

I get everyone is pissed at the new crown store stuff but think of the poor middle women D:
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I notice you guys are trying to pin the blame on Gina and Jessica. Why? They don't work on the art team so don't take it out on them. Also they're not the only ones on staff that look at these threads...

I get everyone is pissed at the new crown store stuff but think of the poor middle women D:

We're not pinning the blame on them. We know it's the art department screwing up. We're simply tagging them so that they can take our complaints directly to the art department as they are community managers.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted the below in another complaint thread. This costume is a serious disappointment! A hood that doesn't even lay flat on the armor and all the other issues with the costume....
    Seravi wrote: »
    So I guess adding a cloak means being hunchback or look like you have a board on your back? There is no reason for the cloak to fit the way it does. It makes the character look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame when they move and when they are standing it looks like a board on their back. Horrid!!!

YT3fQe6.png?1

IdBP1Lu.png?1

Character without the costume. Big difference in her true size and shape vs what she looks like in the costume.

xNT3tGo.png?1
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

We're not pinning the blame on them. We know it's the art department screwing up. We're simply tagging them so that they can take our complaints directly to the art department as they are community managers.

Yes but the impression I get is if they even so much as approach this thread they will get burned from all the rage...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was actually thinking of picking this up, until I saw the images in this post.

Seriously, ZOS you might want to do something about this now if you want my cash.

(or don't... and I'll simply hold onto my money for other things I want)
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kid you're literally pixel peeping.

Textures in this game aren't supposed to be absolutely realistic from really up close. That's why objects from far look clear and detailed but when you get closer to it and try to inspect it, it isn't actually detailed.

tumblr_l9fcwgx0t61qchowc.png

If you really want a game to be extra detailed, go play a modded Skyrim.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Kid you're literally pixel peeping.

Textures in this game aren't supposed to be absolutely realistic from really up close. That's why objects from far look clear and detailed but when you get closer to it and try to inspect it, it isn't actually detailed.

tumblr_l9fcwgx0t61qchowc.png

If you really want a game to be extra detailed, go play a modded Skyrim.

True true... but for 2000 crowns, you would expect them to pay 8 dollars at a stock website to buy a better texture you know xD...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    My previous thread was primarily about the Cloak of The Breton Hero Costume and how appalling it looked. So I am going to create a new Thread that shows how everything else about the Costume is terrible too :)

All of this was from my comments made on my previous post, however, as that was about the Cloak, not the armour itself, I think creating anew post to showcase the problems of the armour is Justified.

I am gonna go in depth about most of the problems the costume has now. And before you ask: Yes, I am going to keep going on about this as it's just pathetic.

(My Graphic Settings are on Max)

This information is also gonna back up my previous point of it actually being made back in 2014 at launch.

OK, so first up is the just plain Awful Texture Quality.

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAKAiL-hiBBs9oSWuNhs39f5zhfdY9TrWoX6bwCbAcXGptmoZFb1Y2onTX3g3WhC7JILvtVURisX9JkZxdi8M6_EkwmxOSWaO1s0nvGwI0fpAd1x6Z-fwfrItw.zso10SlR9K8XhVUD-cshJOAhN34.png?width=318&height=300

Look at how clearly you can see the pixelation and how most of it just blurs together in an unappealing smudge. With the fabric being Low Res and the Metal also being Low Res.

.eJwNwVEOgyAMANC7cACKBcrwNgQJmiklUOPHsrtv733UPU61ql2kzxVgO2bmsekpPFItujLXs6R-TJ35giSS8n6VJhMW94q4kPXBO-v-IqDxIVokJHIGnaEAd3s3fprurarvDwfTIt4.JokQxUUUjiG_gMoNDUNeTttF9kM.png?width=400&height=288

THOSE STRAPS. They are just a flat texture on the chest panel, why are they not extended like the Straps on the Elven Hero Costume?

Why could we not have the Metal Textured as well as this:

.eJwNxkEOhCAMAMC_8AAqUlT8DUGCRm0JrdnDZv--zmm-5umXWc2u2mQF2A7J3Dcryj3VYitzvUpqh9jMNyTVlPe7kAo4XOLoJh_mgB5fEcYhzPFNCDg5P6D38NBJ_CHbqJrfHwhTIuE.qdw__n6ClebtNdiUe40cMgJFRzs.png?width=267&height=300

And the Fabric textured as well as this:

.eJwNwVEOgyAMANC7cAAKUtR6G4IEzZQSWrOPZXff3vuYZ1xmM4dqlw1gPyXz2K0oj1SLrcz1KqmfYjPfkFRTPu7SVMDjSpOfQ1wiBvwjmFxcCCnMDp0ndLjC016N3832Vs33Bwg3IuI.c5t9m3Q5tT-pMB5FFZb38zwgtXE.png?width=240&height=300

No, instead we get lazy, low quality fabric textures like this:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cAAqHwXrbQgSNFNKoGY_lt19e--jnnGpTR0ifW4A-zkzj11P4ZFq0ZW5XiX1c-rMNySRlI-7NJlg_ErWBIcRvfN_BHbBSC6EiIaWNSBZeNqr8bvp3qr6_gAJZyLx.ib28PzR1KkJNMM1q4Jw7_GaQfls.png?width=146&height=300

As you can see from the images, the texturing on the Breton Hero Costume is just plain worse! Making me think that it was definitely made back before they improved their quality, so probably made back in 2014 and launch.

The next thing we have is the complete lack of layering and how flat things look without any weight to them.

.eJwNwdsNhCAQAMBeKIDljdgNQYJGZQm7xo_L9X438xHPvMQqduZBK8B2UMG5SWKcuVXZENtV8zhIFrwhM-ey37UzgXZLMjpYH72z7i-BUT4mq12MWgVlTfDw9LPj2-XoTXx_B5gi2w.m3Fsbm0tZSBbAlOP60_FhQ32p8E.png?width=400&height=296

Look how the Undersection of the Shoulder pad, is simply just an extended bit of the Regular Shoulder Pad. Zero layering. This seems really ridiculous when on other Costumes they have created multiple layering on Shoulders.

Such as the layering on these:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cAA6kK96G4IEzbQlUOOPZXff3vuoe5xqVbtInyvAdszCY9NTeORWdWNuZ839mLrwBVkkl_2qJBOMS2hNWHz0bnF_CPblI7qAyadk0MaQ4KY38UO6U1PfHwqVIv8.7UV1SQVjaqo07_XdgsTWCTSdB9w.png?width=156&height=300

.eJwNxV0OgyAMAOC7cAC68qPibQgSNNOW0Jo9LLv7_F6-r7nHaVazq3ZZAbZDCo_NivLIrdrG3M6a-yG28AVZNZf9qqQCGJbkcPJxjsGHRwL3inMKCzrEJ-enBDe9iT9kOzXz-wMIhCLo.uipbPHr18VQweRj2mp5gOCqU7FQ.png?width=270&height=300

.eJwNwVEOwiAMANC7cABqgQ7ZbQgjbHGjhHbxw3h3fe9j7nma1eyqQ1aA7ZDCc7OiPHOrtjG3s-ZxiC18QVbNZb9qVwEMz-Rw8RQp-PCXwD0oJiKPLtCCEcnB3V-d392O3sz3BwfSIt0.6Khyse11IHa5N8rnWeoaFPrFMGk.png

Notice how all of the three Shoulders I listed have a much more defined shape as well as having multiple layers to them with each layer having a thickness to it to show it as a proper piece of armour, rather than just a flat mesh with a texture on it which the Breton Hero Shoulder looks like it is.

Furthermore, on the Shoulder you can see these rings, well they're meant to be rings from the Cinematic Trailer armour anyway.:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cADKRyvD2xAkaKaUQM1-LLv7fO-r7nGqVe0ifa4A2zEzj01P4ZFq0ZW5niX1Y-rMFySRlPerNJlg8RWdXTwFQo-PCM5QiD6gC9aQIQwId3s3_jTdW1W_PwfvIt8.Qqr6kap5etkICj7ly7xnjd_NV-w.png

These looks so terrible and aren't actually rings at all. They are just flat texture extensions with, again, an awful, blurred and smudged texture going across them.

Why could the rings not have the same Texture Quality and definition of the Robe Links on the 'Brilliance Robe':

.eJwNwdsNwyAMAMBdGADzclOyDSKIRE1shB31o-ru7d3H3PM0q9lVh6wA2yGV52ZFeZbebGfuZyvjEFv5gqJa6n41UgGfnjn4R8QFU0x_GYLDJaNzIeSI6L1LcNOL-E12UDffHwb7ItM.PAGdhIuTWKJkfoJqhjToUCox2i0.png

And, the final issue is the terrible Clipping and positioning issues. The Cowl is terrible, just terrible. The front sticks out strangely and fails to look how it's meant to. It should be resting on the armour, but instead it sticks out looking very stupid:

.eJwNwdENhCAMANBdGICCUEG3IUjQqJTQGj8ut_vdex_1jEutahfpvAJsB2cam2ahkWrRlaheJfWDdaYbkkjK-12aMFgfl8nODgN65_8WmAxG46xB501AG4ODp52N3qZ7q-r7AwayItU.qWkFmx3_m05c0slpi6AYHuSNYf4.png?width=302&height=300

And on the back of the Cowl it has clipping issues with the Shoulder Guards as it seems the creators of the Costume couldn't decide which should go over the top of the other, so instead they awkwardly clip with each other:

.eJwNxFEOgyAMANC7cAA6oMDwNgQJmikltMaPZXef7-N91TUPtahNZPACsO5caK6ahWZuVTeidtQ8dtaFTsgiuWxn7cJg8J2sCc5Hjw4fCezLx4TmKTiLMZgIV_90ursevanfHwj9Iuw.910ml7C_6VjUls9YgB2pGr4eONU.png?width=400&height=272

More layering issues on the back of the Shoulder Guards also, with the Undersection of the Shoulders, that should be underneath the Regular Shoulder Guards is just on the same, flat, bad Texture Mesh as them.

Well, I think I have got most of the stuff i hate about the costume out the way (Basically all of it) And 100% conclude this was made long LONG ago, and was never updated to meet the standards of the current armour and Costumes in the game. Because ZOS was lazy and couldn't be bothered.

Here is some more detail about me thinking it was made a long time ago back in 2014: (Optional)

When I go over it and look at it then compare it to other armours and costumes around that have been released recently, I'd say it's been created for over a year. It still has that drab, grittiness to it that a lot of the Original Launch Motifs had. I might go so far to say that it was made in 2014 or soon after launch.

Comparing the Woven Squares on the arms to other Woven Squares on things such as the Updated Orc Light Robe, they look less detailed. As well as the Shoulder Pads being very Flat and Thin, rather than having any Weight to them, or at least have some form of thickness. Similar to other Original Motif Armours at Release. ZERO Layering on the Shoulders where there should be multiple layers of metal overlapping each other. It seems strange when on the Nord Hero and Elf Hero, there is a decent amount of layering and thickness to everything, with stuff going over the top of each other and fitting together quite well.

The colours too, especially on the Chest plate where everything seems so gritty and melded together and it's all dull and gritty. This was definitely made before they changed their aesthetic, and fits a lot better with the Old Original Launch Style's and Texture Quality than it does with the new Styles and Texture Quality.

Yeah, so after analyzing it I feel it was probably originally made back in 2014 just never released, and instead of working to make a new version now, they decided to use that version. despite it being far worse than the current Costumes and Amour Styles that have been released over this past year.

Or you could keep it to one thread and not litter the forums with this. plus it would give everyone a easier time finding the thread instead of bouncing between two of them. As for the costume yes it is horrid, but we should know by now that companies take every shortcut they can. Hell most costumes still make females flat chested .
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't like the price or quality of it, just ignore it. How hard is it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

84348726c3a1b5e1e077a70007a38bc4.jpg
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for me personally I am ignoring it but I also cant ignore it completely, since it was the one costume I was waiting for a loooooong time to get...that ;____;...

Plus with that attitude, we will never make any improvements to the game because everybody will just stay silent about a problem, kind of like real life xD
    Edited by CherryCake on July 22, 2016 12:42AM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    the preview should show your char walking in place,that way you get a better feel for future purchases.or a 24hr refund option.

It would be nice if the Crown Store window didn't close automatically when we move. Then we could walk around a bit to have a better look at mounts and costumes.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, for someone who apparently has no vested interest in this topic, why do you bother trolling the forums and replying to others' posts with suggestions to ignore things? Is it a hobby for you or something?

Again, just curious.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, for someone who apparently has no vested interest in this topic, why do you bother trolling the forums and replying to others' posts with suggestions to ignore things? Is it a hobby for you or something?

Again, just curious.

Because extra little stars under the name ;____;...
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like the price or quality of it, just ignore it. How hard is it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's totally the attitude to have to get progress or demand quality for your hard earned cash.

A lot of us bought the costume and started noticing the flaws when we walked around, inspected closely etc. After we'd already burnt $20 on this hot mess.
    Edited by Sporvan on July 22, 2016 12:48AM
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Yeah, that's totally the attitude to have to get progress or demand quality for your hard earned cash.

A lot of us bought the costume and started noticing the flaws when we walked around, inspected closely etc. After we'd already burnt $20 on this hot mess.

That's why you should always check Reddit/ESO Forums whenever they release new stuff like this. There's always somebody who'll post photos and/or videos showcasing it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kammakazi and that my frend is why we will continue to see *** over priced products come from the crown store.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why you should always check Reddit/ESO Forums whenever they release new stuff like this. There's always somebody who'll post photos and/or videos showcasing it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not when you are one of the first to buy it. Demanding for quality for cash is not an exceptional thing is it? Surely you can see that, instead of saying that we are making a big deal out of nothing and taking offense.

• Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kammakazi and that my frend is why we will continue to see *** over priced products come from the crown store.

It's expensive because ZoS knows everybody always has Crowns stocked up from ESO+ favicon.png
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kammakazi do you even think before you write your posts? Those people who bought are the ones show casing how bad it is. So by your logic everyone should wait to buy until someone on forums shows it... then no one would be it. Come on man you have a brain use it.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's expensive because ZoS knows everybody always has Crowns stocked up from ESO+ favicon.png

How many crowns people have saved up is irrelevant.

They're charging $20 for this. That's the price of a DLC. It's a HUGE amount.

I assume you're just trying to ruffle feathers by playing down our concerns with the product we have bought.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is exactly the sort of a**hattery that causes divisiveness in the community. You get trollish behavior from someone who apparently has no vested interest whatsoever, just simply here to be dismissive of other people's input because... well, they're "bored" (or something). People wonder why the forums are "toxic"... well, here's a good example.

How about taking a bit of your own advice and "moving on"? If you've got nothing actually constructive to add to this discussion, then your motives are pretty transparent.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kammakazi do you even think before you write your posts? Those people who bought are the ones show casing how bad it is. So by your logic everyone should wait to buy until someone on forums shows it... then no one would be it. Come on man you have a brain use it.

How about you use yours? "Those people who bought are the ones show casing how bad it is."

So you're telling me that a person spent 2,000 Crowns to showcase a costume that they think looks bad.

Think about that for a second.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is so ugly and poorly maintained
    PC EU

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭

How about you use yours? "Those people who bought are the ones show casing how bad it is."

So you're telling me that a person spent 2,000 Crowns to showcase a costume that they think looks bad.

Or perhaps they didn't know how bad it looked until after they already purchased it.

Oh gee, didn't think of that when you prepared your quippy little response, did you?
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or perhaps they didn't know how bad it looked until after they already purchased it.

Oh gee, didn't think of that when you prepared your quippy little response, did you?

Preview Button ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if they did realize how bad it looked, they'd make a post, tell everyone not to purchase and boom, everybody's happy.

Take one for the team. favicon.png
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭

Preview Button ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if they did realize how bad it looked, they'd make a post, tell everyone not to purchase and boom, everybody's happy.

Take one for the team. favicon.png

You cannot see details like what's being "showcased" here by using the in-game preview.

Try again.