The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yes, I am going to keep Hurling Abuse at the Breton Costume.

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My previous thread was primarily about the Cloak of The Breton Hero Costume and how appalling it looked. So I am going to create a new Thread that shows how everything else about the Costume is terrible too :)

All of this was from my comments made on my previous post, however, as that was about the Cloak, not the armour itself, I think creating anew post to showcase the problems of the armour is Justified.

I am gonna go in depth about most of the problems the costume has now. And before you ask: Yes, I am going to keep going on about this as it's just pathetic.

(My Graphic Settings are on Max)

This information is also gonna back up my previous point of it actually being made back in 2014 at launch.

OK, so first up is the just plain Awful Texture Quality.

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAKAiL-hiBBs9oSWuNhs39f5zhfdY9TrWoX6bwCbAcXGptmoZFb1Y2onTX3g3WhC7JILvtVURisX9JkZxdi8M6_EkwmxOSWaO1s0nvGwI0fpAd1x6Z-fwfrItw.zso10SlR9K8XhVUD-cshJOAhN34.png?width=318&height=300

Look at how clearly you can see the pixelation and how most of it just blurs together in an unappealing smudge. With the fabric being Low Res and the Metal also being Low Res.

.eJwNwVEOgyAMANC7cACKBcrwNgQJmiklUOPHsrtv733UPU61ql2kzxVgO2bmsekpPFItujLXs6R-TJ35giSS8n6VJhMW94q4kPXBO-v-IqDxIVokJHIGnaEAd3s3fprurarvDwfTIt4.JokQxUUUjiG_gMoNDUNeTttF9kM.png?width=400&height=288

THOSE STRAPS. They are just a flat texture on the chest panel, why are they not extended like the Straps on the Elven Hero Costume?

Why could we not have the Metal Textured as well as this:

.eJwNxkEOhCAMAMC_8AAqUlT8DUGCRm0JrdnDZv--zmm-5umXWc2u2mQF2A7J3Dcryj3VYitzvUpqh9jMNyTVlPe7kAo4XOLoJh_mgB5fEcYhzPFNCDg5P6D38NBJ_CHbqJrfHwhTIuE.qdw__n6ClebtNdiUe40cMgJFRzs.png?width=267&height=300

And the Fabric textured as well as this:

.eJwNwVEOgyAMANC7cAAKUtR6G4IEzZQSWrOPZXff3vuYZ1xmM4dqlw1gPyXz2K0oj1SLrcz1KqmfYjPfkFRTPu7SVMDjSpOfQ1wiBvwjmFxcCCnMDp0ndLjC016N3832Vs33Bwg3IuI.c5t9m3Q5tT-pMB5FFZb38zwgtXE.png?width=240&height=300

No, instead we get lazy, low quality fabric textures like this:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cAAqHwXrbQgSNFNKoGY_lt19e--jnnGpTR0ifW4A-zkzj11P4ZFq0ZW5XiX1c-rMNySRlI-7NJlg_ErWBIcRvfN_BHbBSC6EiIaWNSBZeNqr8bvp3qr6_gAJZyLx.ib28PzR1KkJNMM1q4Jw7_GaQfls.png?width=146&height=300

As you can see from the images, the texturing on the Breton Hero Costume is just plain worse! Making me think that it was definitely made back before they improved their quality, so probably made back in 2014 and launch.

The next thing we have is the complete lack of layering and how flat things look without any weight to them.

.eJwNwdsNhCAQAMBeKIDljdgNQYJGZQm7xo_L9X438xHPvMQqduZBK8B2UMG5SWKcuVXZENtV8zhIFrwhM-ey37UzgXZLMjpYH72z7i-BUT4mq12MWgVlTfDw9LPj2-XoTXx_B5gi2w.m3Fsbm0tZSBbAlOP60_FhQ32p8E.png?width=400&height=296

Look how the Undersection of the Shoulder pad, is simply just an extended bit of the Regular Shoulder Pad. Zero layering. This seems really ridiculous when on other Costumes they have created multiple layering on Shoulders.

Such as the layering on these:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cAA6kK96G4IEzbQlUOOPZXff3vuoe5xqVbtInyvAdszCY9NTeORWdWNuZ839mLrwBVkkl_2qJBOMS2hNWHz0bnF_CPblI7qAyadk0MaQ4KY38UO6U1PfHwqVIv8.7UV1SQVjaqo07_XdgsTWCTSdB9w.png?width=156&height=300

.eJwNxV0OgyAMAOC7cAC68qPibQgSNNOW0Jo9LLv7_F6-r7nHaVazq3ZZAbZDCo_NivLIrdrG3M6a-yG28AVZNZf9qqQCGJbkcPJxjsGHRwL3inMKCzrEJ-enBDe9iT9kOzXz-wMIhCLo.uipbPHr18VQweRj2mp5gOCqU7FQ.png?width=270&height=300

.eJwNwVEOwiAMANC7cABqgQ7ZbQgjbHGjhHbxw3h3fe9j7nma1eyqQ1aA7ZDCc7OiPHOrtjG3s-ZxiC18QVbNZb9qVwEMz-Rw8RQp-PCXwD0oJiKPLtCCEcnB3V-d392O3sz3BwfSIt0.6Khyse11IHa5N8rnWeoaFPrFMGk.png

Notice how all of the three Shoulders I listed have a much more defined shape as well as having multiple layers to them with each layer having a thickness to it to show it as a proper piece of armour, rather than just a flat mesh with a texture on it which the Breton Hero Shoulder looks like it is.

Furthermore, on the Shoulder you can see these rings, well they're meant to be rings from the Cinematic Trailer armour anyway.:

.eJwNwW0OgyAMANC7cADKRyvD2xAkaKaUQM1-LLv7fO-r7nGqVe0ifa4A2zEzj01P4ZFq0ZW5niX1Y-rMFySRlPerNJlg8RWdXTwFQo-PCM5QiD6gC9aQIQwId3s3_jTdW1W_PwfvIt8.Qqr6kap5etkICj7ly7xnjd_NV-w.png

These looks so terrible and aren't actually rings at all. They are just flat texture extensions with, again, an awful, blurred and smudged texture going across them.

Why could the rings not have the same Texture Quality and definition of the Robe Links on the 'Brilliance Robe':

.eJwNwdsNwyAMAMBdGADzclOyDSKIRE1shB31o-ru7d3H3PM0q9lVh6wA2yGV52ZFeZbebGfuZyvjEFv5gqJa6n41UgGfnjn4R8QFU0x_GYLDJaNzIeSI6L1LcNOL-E12UDffHwb7ItM.PAGdhIuTWKJkfoJqhjToUCox2i0.png

And, the final issue is the terrible Clipping and positioning issues. The Cowl is terrible, just terrible. The front sticks out strangely and fails to look how it's meant to. It should be resting on the armour, but instead it sticks out looking very stupid:

.eJwNwdENhCAMANBdGICCUEG3IUjQqJTQGj8ut_vdex_1jEutahfpvAJsB2cam2ahkWrRlaheJfWDdaYbkkjK-12aMFgfl8nODgN65_8WmAxG46xB501AG4ODp52N3qZ7q-r7AwayItU.qWkFmx3_m05c0slpi6AYHuSNYf4.png?width=302&height=300

And on the back of the Cowl it has clipping issues with the Shoulder Guards as it seems the creators of the Costume couldn't decide which should go over the top of the other, so instead they awkwardly clip with each other:

.eJwNxFEOgyAMANC7cAA6oMDwNgQJmikltMaPZXef7-N91TUPtahNZPACsO5caK6ahWZuVTeidtQ8dtaFTsgiuWxn7cJg8J2sCc5Hjw4fCezLx4TmKTiLMZgIV_90ursevanfHwj9Iuw.910ml7C_6VjUls9YgB2pGr4eONU.png?width=400&height=272

More layering issues on the back of the Shoulder Guards also, with the Undersection of the Shoulders, that should be underneath the Regular Shoulder Guards is just on the same, flat, bad Texture Mesh as them.

Well, I think I have got most of the stuff i hate about the costume out the way (Basically all of it) And 100% conclude this was made long LONG ago, and was never updated to meet the standards of the current armour and Costumes in the game. Because ZOS was lazy and couldn't be bothered.

Here is some more detail about me thinking it was made a long time ago back in 2014: (Optional)

When I go over it and look at it then compare it to other armours and costumes around that have been released recently, I'd say it's been created for over a year. It still has that drab, grittiness to it that a lot of the Original Launch Motifs had. I might go so far to say that it was made in 2014 or soon after launch.

Comparing the Woven Squares on the arms to other Woven Squares on things such as the Updated Orc Light Robe, they look less detailed. As well as the Shoulder Pads being very Flat and Thin, rather than having any Weight to them, or at least have some form of thickness. Similar to other Original Motif Armours at Release. ZERO Layering on the Shoulders where there should be multiple layers of metal overlapping each other. It seems strange when on the Nord Hero and Elf Hero, there is a decent amount of layering and thickness to everything, with stuff going over the top of each other and fitting together quite well.

The colours too, especially on the Chest plate where everything seems so gritty and melded together and it's all dull and gritty. This was definitely made before they changed their aesthetic, and fits a lot better with the Old Original Launch Style's and Texture Quality than it does with the new Styles and Texture Quality.

Yeah, so after analyzing it I feel it was probably originally made back in 2014 just never released, and instead of working to make a new version now, they decided to use that version. despite it being far worse than the current Costumes and Amour Styles that have been released over this past year.
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Art director exposed.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Worth a try... Hopefully they read your post.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damm zos, don't get put on blast.. lol

In all seriousness though this is a good post. I was unimpressed when I looked closely as well.

Let us not forget this costume cost 2000 crowns.. LOL

They must of thought the hype alone was enough for us.
    Edited by PurifedBladez on July 21, 2016 10:02PM
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    .eJwNwdENhCAMANBdGICCUEG3IUjQqJTQGj8ut_vdex_1jEutahfpvAJsB2cam2ahkWrRlaheJfWDdaYbkkjK-12aMFgfl8nODgN65_8WmAxG46xB501AG4ODp52N3qZ7q-r7AwayItU.qWkFmx3_m05c0slpi6AYHuSNYf4.png?width=302&height=300

this is enough to void the $20 price tag.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep this and many other armors and clothing just looks so dull and like its just painted on. The art design is so lazy,some later newer dlc armors actually look decent but The majority of the games armors look really bad
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your post the costume does look terrible even on my 4k res, even the Nord Hero costume looked better then this... seeing it took forever for this to be released I was thinking it was the most detailed costume yet but alas I was very sadly mistaken.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep this and many other armors and clothing just looks so dull and like its just painted on. The art design is so lazy,some later newer dlc armors actually look decent but The majority of the games armors look really bad
    Compare Reach (Barbaric) -vs- Winter Reach if you want to see an example of good and bad. Both are very similar motifs given they're based on the same culture (Reachmen). Winter Reach has a lot of detail to it, stands out and has a nice heft t it. While I'm not the biggest fan of the motif there's definitely a lot of detail there.

Reach/Barbaric is lacking depth and layers, and is missing a lot of the mass that would make the armor stand out. It's definitely one of the sets that has far more of a "painted on" feel to it.

It's probably one of the more apples to apples comparisons you can use.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I also add that all my characters, which are females, look at least 10kg fatter from behind? They look like a barrel, without even a hint of their waist.
    I liked how you made Elven hero costume, and was looking forward to this one, but not like this. I want the official one, not an amateur, modder-version. :-/ Sigh.
    Edited by maboleth on July 21, 2016 10:16PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no option to give you all 3 Insightful, Awesome and Agree points, which do you want more?

I never even considered this could have been made, or started, in 2014. Given the clear quality differences between the costume and more recent designs I can understand why that could be the case!

I think the insult to injury really does come down to how expensive the Hero Costumes were in comparison to other, more flattering outfits.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take this costume of the crown store.. or drop it to 500 crowns.

Zos should really be embarrassed by the quality of work they've been putting out. If this wasnt an Elder Scrolls game it might be dead. Games have died for less just be happy you got that name anchoring *** for you.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am soooo on the fence about this. Im trying to picture it dyed and helm hidden but the flat textures will still be there just a different color.

I'll think about it for a bit longer, I've seen it on only my previews and not on another curvy female char
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am soooo on the fence about this. Im trying to picture it dyed and helm hidden but the flat textures will still be there just a different color.

I'll think about it for a bit longer, I've seen it on only my previews and not on another curvy female char

Noooo don't do it lol. Don't support this quality of work.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the preview should show your char walking in place,that way you get a better feel for future purchases.or a 24hr refund option.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only there was this much outrage at lag . But ya that costume cracks me up every time I see someone's wearing it .
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for this to be released and thought it looked good in the pictures and then saw it in game... At least it's only 2k crowns right?
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Roehamad_Ali

Oh, I think there used to be. But people just gave up after a while because nothing was being done.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noooo don't do it lol. Don't support this quality of work.

I only have 3k crowns so i'm gonna save em for some better items. Can anyone screenshot it with a female with an ample chest and hips with the helm hidden?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    @Roehamad_Ali

Oh, I think there used to be. But people just gave up after a while because nothing was being done.

You might have the same response with the costume .
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    @Roehamad_Ali

You might have the same response with the costume .

Most likely.
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    Great post. I saw this in the crown store this morning, and thought yay let me try this on for size. I did so and when I was done puking I said aww heck no. This is one bad costume. The Elven hero is outstanding while this one is rushed and poorly designed. ZOS please oh please redo this. It could be sooooo GOOD.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burn-GIF.gif?gs=a

People's reaction to the new Breton Armour and Doom Wolf mount ...

Seriously, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet. It's really not great quality. And that's being kind.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is depressing... Just like the new wolf... laziness at its finest.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is depressing... Just like the new wolf... laziness at its finest.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, loojs sooo bad.

just waiting for funds to be delivered to zos so I can get this mounttttuntttt
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that there are two types of artists working for ZOS. I dont know if its just two artists or four or five. But one artist/group puts out really good armors like the Alliance Armors and the Mercenary. And the other artist/group puts out this sup par armor. The armor is always either really good or really lazy. Which makes me think its at the very least two different artists with different approaches to designing the armors. The first one knows how to, or cares about making the armor pop and look as if its something being worn. The other either doesnt know how to do what the first does, doesnt care/feels they dont have the time to put that kind of effort into it.

If you go back through all of the armors you can definitely tell that there has been more than one hand in it. And one/group puts far less effort into it than the other.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I look at my collections from this day fourth I am going to feel a bit disgusted with myself for buying it :neutral:
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely nothing justifies the price tag. next time check anything you want to buy from crown store either on PTS or the unlucky guy who just bought it so he can show you. saves regret
    PC EU

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FIX BRETON HERO COSTUME!!
    PS4 NA DC
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My opinion is that there are two types of artists working for ZOS.
    I don't know about two types of artists, but there are definitely different quality. Look at the Outlaw armor. While I love the armor, it dyes and looks almost completely different than any other armor in game. While most armor has a realistic vibe to it the Outlaw armor is almost on a cartoonish angle (especially with dyes).

Again, it's great looking armor, but something about it is different than all the other sets.
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Burn-GIF.gif?gs=a

People's reaction to the new Breton Armour and Doom Wolf mount ...

Seriously, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet. It's really not great quality. And that's being kind.

Plain bad, just like every other hero costume available.

It is just as impressive how people still buy these after so many threads complaining about the overall quality of costumes and their price.
    [slit]Throat[/slit]