Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Dungeons - overview (Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadow)

Elloa
Elloa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Greetings everyone,

I'm sure a lot of you are impatient to know more about the new dungeons. So here we go, 'enjoy the two last bosses on normal mode. We were only three players which leave the time to show off the interesting stuff mechanic of the bosses. Normal mode is a bit too easy for now (might be subject to change)

https://youtu.be/tyVDsppvhEU

https://youtu.be/VapAjXP4jaQ

And if you want to see more of the Dungeon aesthetic I recommend you to watch the video of my colleague @Crucifer

https://youtu.be/-0upNrnoYgU
Edited by Elloa on July 19, 2016 12:20PM
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I'm adding what I believe to be the most interesting fight of the DLC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHhswSigj0
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is the difficulty in vet mode of these dungeons? Is it comparable ti ICP, WGT before they nerfed it? (I just want something very very difficult for 4 player content^^)
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    How is the difficulty in vet mode of these dungeons? Is it comparable ti ICP, WGT before they nerfed it? (I just want something very very difficult for 4 player content^^)

It's maybe even little more difficult on some bosses.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruins is comparable. Cradle of shadows is def harder.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will ask to nerf it. I guarantee it. :'(
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the difficulty should be comparable to actual normal/vet dungeons we do on pledges.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

Not really....we did vet/HM second try on PTS with templates...something we couldn't do on live-server with vWGT and vICP when they released them. They are definetly easier, comparable to vWGT/vICP atm on the live server i guess.
    Noobplar
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Not really....we did vet/HM second try on PTS with templates...something we couldn't do on live-server with vWGT and vICP when they released them. They are definetly easier, comparable to vWGT/vICP atm on the live server i guess.

ouch, ICP and WGT are so easy its just boring lol :(

plz no:(
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ouch, ICP and WGT are so easy its just boring lol :(

plz no:(

Oh, you will have to learn some new and really nice mechanics, prepare to die in the beginning :)
    Iirc they also buffed both hardmodes a bit, so maybe there is some challenge ^^
    Noobplar
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm referring to the present wgt/icp, not the past, and no Cradle is definitely harder/more mechanic intensive. There is one fight in wgt and icp that tripped ppl up and required group coordination on the PTS/live originally. Planar and Ibomez respectively, and it was a dps thing at the time (only top dps we're able to burn, ignore mechs) and Maelstrom weapons hadn't been released yet.

Now you're comparing the old wgt/icp pts to now.....it's apples to oranges. Maelstrom weapons and power creep has significantly made things easier. There are multiple fights in Cradle that require group coordination, and will make the dungeon significantly harder than these aforementioned, maybe not for coordinated groups like I'm assuming yours was....but for the general population using dungeon finder, pugging from zone...Cradle WILL BE the hardest of the group dungeons.

edit: sp/grammar
    Edited by Cuyler on July 25, 2016 3:06PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm referring to the present wgt/icp, not the past, and no Cradle is definitely harder/more mechanic intensive. There is one fight in wgt and icp that tripped ppl up and required group coordination on the PTS/live originally. Planar and Ibomez respectively, and it was a dps thing at the time (only top dps we're able to burn, ignore mechs) and Maelstrom weapons hadn't been released yet.

Now you're comparing the old wgt/icp pts to now.....it's apples to oranges. Maelstrom weapons and power creep has significantly made things easier. There are multiple fights in Cradle that require group coordination, and will make the dungeon significantly harder than these aforementioned, maybe not for coordinated groups like I'm assuming yours was....but for the general population using dungeon finder, pugging from zone...Cradle WILL BE the hardest of the group dungeons.

I am looking forward to that! :) and many new challenges !
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are great and it will be hard at the beginning. And of course are they at day one harder than WGT/ICP, but mainly bc most people don't know the mechanics or don't play them properly. It's hard to compare new dungeons to dungeons we know and run for nearly a year now.
    But nonetheless, i'm really excited about the two new dungeons and will run them numerous times :)
    Noobplar
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa what is that flame around you? :'( its so cute, it looks like a little fire fairy, I want it...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elloa

I heard several reports of people 2 mannimg it on normal. Me and my gf were planning to do this tl feel the place out. Is this feasable?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need to nerf the easiness of these dungeons ;-)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo.... just to be sure, are they easier or tougher than dungeons like Veteran White Gold Tower or Veteran Imperial City Prison?

Also, are there any force-kill (anti solo player) mechanics?

Thank you! :)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Sooo.... just to be sure, are they easier or tougher than dungeons like Veteran White Gold Tower or Veteran Imperial City Prison?

Also, are there any force-kill (anti solo player) mechanics?

Thank you! :)
    The final boss fight of Cradle of Shadows will be more difficult for pug/un-coordinated groups. way more mechanics to deal with than any other vet dungeon to date. You will most likely not be able to solo these dungeons on vet no.
    Edited by Cuyler on July 26, 2016 2:01PM
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elloa

I heard several reports of people 2 mannimg it on normal. Me and my gf were planning to do this tl feel the place out. Is this feasable?

Well at the moment the normal version is too easy in my humble opinion and I do hope they will increase the difficulty.
    I think the mechanics of certain bosses will make it very hard to duo it. Maybe its possible though, but I'd expect some challenge.
    Elloa what is that flame around you? :'( its so cute, it looks like a little fire fairy, I want it...

Its Inferno from the DK Ardent Flamme skill line
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cuyler

Thanks!... but do you mean I won't be able to solo them due to difficulty or to force-kill mechanics?

I can deal with near-impossible difficulty. Soloed many of the "impossible" bosses and encounters we find in Veteran dungeons but only a handful of force-kill mechanics can be stopped by a solo player. Totally excited to get my new gear but solo play is my favorite way to PvP and PvE lol.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cradle of shadows has a forcekill mechanic, can't remember such a mechanic in ruins of mazzatun. There is one which is extremely hard to solo, but maybe you find a way around it :)
    Noobplar
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cuyler

Thanks!... but do you mean I won't be able to solo them due to difficulty or to force-kill mechanics?

I can deal with near-impossible difficulty. Soloed many of the "impossible" bosses and encounters we find in Veteran dungeons but only a handful of force-kill mechanics can be stopped by a solo player. Totally excited to get my new gear but solo play is my favorite way to PvP and PvE lol.
    Cradle of shadows has a forcekill mechanic, can't remember such a mechanic in ruins of mazzatun. There is one which is extremely hard to solo, but maybe you find a way around it :)
    Force kill, the one in Ruins iirc is the spice mechanic, but again there may be a work around.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Cuyler

Force kill, the one in Ruins iirc is the spice mechanic, but again there may be a work around.

Yep, that's the one i was thinking about, too. But on the other hand, it's not killing you, it just makes it extremely hard to survive ^^
    Noobplar
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cuyler

Yep, that's the one i was thinking about, too. But on the other hand, it's not killing you, it just makes it extremely hard to survive ^^

Zal-Nur the Slaver looks really aggressive and difficult but it can definitely be done. Can't wait for Aug 16th! (PS4) :)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal mode is quite easy, and I had no problems 2-manning it with a friend. The hardest part will likely be the Argonian Behemoth boss in Ruins, as the mechanics of that fight are not well-suited for an undersized group. It's possible, but a bit difficult.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch