The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you want from Player Housing?

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to sell in guild store, access bank and vendor, and do writs without running around too much.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    They can add barbershop and dye stations to be accessible in houses for subscribers as a perk and make barbershop and dye stations one time unlocks to DLC buyers not available in houses.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for:

Set crafting (able to do any set you meet the req)
    Mundus altar (easy switch)
    Magical Trader (view all traders at once or switch between them)
    Nice looking, novelty things to design your home with.

I will happily pay a bunch of Crowns for this, especially the first three!
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    We need to be able to milk the goats for milk to make the yogurts. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

What would happen if I milked Sanguine's black goat?

You'd get some very potent brew that could knock even a mammoth out after a few sips
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    We need to be able to milk the goats for milk to make the yogurts. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Most likely labeled as a pervert in most of developed Tamriel.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mannequins.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    I want a farm to plant ingredients to craft and raise animals for craft;

I want a house I can decorate with various racial (Wood Elf, Argonian, Orc etc.) items I researched and crafted myself, enough land to be able to farm a few alchemy and provisioning things, and maybe some nice pets/animals running around. And for it to not cost an arm and leg in game gold to do that.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First, I want a guild own housing system and not a player one;
    Second, I want some utile feature not some place I just do Nothing in because I can't buy The Sims :smile:

Here are some feature I would like:

1. A Caretaker which automaticly improve your horse as soon as you log in with a characther
    2. A Banker/Vendor/Launder
    3. A complete crafting Equipment
    4. A wayshrine
    5. A training dummie
    6. The 3 shrine for skill reset/mara/and attribute reset
    7. A in-game system for racial/appearance/named modification payable in gold
    8. A boon system to be apply in pve
    9. An altar of reconciliation, when you spend time Inside the guild house your Bounty decrease

Also I want the guild housing to work on the same principe as the guild bank, you get one house as soon as you have enough player to get in but you have to pay for the service you want in it. The paying system would be (to my pov).

Initial Cost + Weekly Cost, the raw Equipment having an higher initial cost but lower weekly cost and the personnal the opposite.

The boon system works on a 24 hour activation system and the player need to go get there boon Inside the guild house in order for it to be active, the boon stay active for 24 hour as well. A player can get a boon from any of his guild but they have to wait 1 hour before they can change it.

There are two type of boon:

- Regular boon which can be bought Inside the guild house at the Vendor or Inside the general housing area
    - Dropped boon which give better bonus and which can be acquired through the game
    - Special pvp boon drops in cyrodill and only those can be active there

Basic guild house is coming with :

- A wayshrine,
    - A training dummie
    - The 3 shrine
    - A banker
    - A vendor

Special feature boon specific to the guild house can also be unlock as the guild house get bigger for example:

- Receive one additional potion while crafting Inside the guild house
    - Augment the material you will receive for each deconstruction by 100%
    - Decrease bonuty a 100% faster while staying Inside the guild house

Those special boon are working as the guild gets bigger, ranking from:

1-50 players : Guild Rank 1
    51- 150 players: Guild Rank 2
    151- 300 players: Guild Rank 3
    300-500 players: Guild Rank 4

Hope some dev will have the same idea.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I want a guild own housing system and not a player one;
    Second, I want some utile feature not some place I just do Nothing in because I can't buy The Sims :smile:

Here are some feature I would like:

1. A Caretaker which automaticly improve your horse as soon as you log in with a characther
    2. A Banker/Vendor/Launder
    3. A complete crafting Equipment
    4. A wayshrine
    5. A training dummie
    6. The 3 shrine for skill reset/mara/and attribute reset
    7. A in-game system for racial/appearance/named modification payable in gold
    8. A boon system to be apply in pve
    9. An altar of reconciliation, when you spend time Inside the guild house your Bounty decrease

Also I want the guild housing to work on the same principe as the guild bank, you get one house as soon as you have enough player to get in but you have to pay for the service you want in it. The paying system would be (to my pov).

Initial Cost + Weekly Cost, the raw Equipment having an higher initial cost but lower weekly cost and the personnal the opposite.

The boon system works on a 24 hour activation system and the player need to go get there boon Inside the guild house in order for it to be active, the boon stay active for 24 hour as well. A player can get a boon from any of his guild but they have to wait 1 hour before they can change it.

There are two type of boon:

- Regular boon which can be bought Inside the guild house at the Vendor or Inside the general housing area
    - Dropped boon which give better bonus and which can be acquired through the game
    - Special pvp boon drops in cyrodill and only those can be active there

Basic guild house is coming with :

- A wayshrine,
    - A training dummie
    - The 3 shrine
    - A banker
    - A vendor

Special feature boon specific to the guild house can also be unlock as the guild house get bigger for example:

- Receive one additional potion while crafting Inside the guild house
    - Augment the material you will receive for each deconstruction by 100%
    - Decrease bonuty a 100% faster while staying Inside the guild house

Those special boon are working as the guild gets bigger, ranking from:

1-50 players : Guild Rank 1
    51- 150 players: Guild Rank 2
    151- 300 players: Guild Rank 3
    300-500 players: Guild Rank 4

Hope some dev will have the same idea.

Actually... I like this idea. Makes sense. Kind of like when I run Skyrim and just use my own faction(s) housing instead of having my own.

Great idea! Thank you.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think it should have a garden or any way to farm nodes. Some things you are meant to put a little work into. That would also crash the prices for people that sell that sort of stuff.

I do think it would be great if it had the conveniences of normal crafting stations and maybe a stable in which all of the mounts on your account are displayed (that might be too much though). I'd also love to see some storage containers and maybe usable bookshelves. And some mannequins would be great - I'd love a place to display some of the disguises and stolen clothing that amuse me.

I also think it should act as a wayshrine for the person that owns it, at the very least in the way the Harborage does (free to travel to it but not from it).

I like the idea of other people being able to visit it, but if that is the case I hope they will also come with lockable doors (that can't be picked). I don't want people just wandering in whenever they want!
    Edited by Annalyse on July 14, 2016 5:20PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a free standing decorating system, places for trophies and fun items found in game and not everything be a purchase from the store. Give me more reasons to keep playing the game and not the crown store.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on July 14, 2016 5:22PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    I really don't think it should have a garden or any way to farm nodes. Some things you are meant to put a little work into. That would also crash the prices for people that sell that sort of stuff.

I don't think anyone is talking about a huge garden (at least I'm not); they're talking about just the ability to farm a few things.. maybe once/twice a day. For me, it's an aesthetic thing that would make housing feel more real and alive. Additionally, having the ability to have a few pets/animals running around would be for the same reason.. to make housing feel more alive.

• ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do all these responses sound like something from Second Life and WoW garrisons?... and why do I like the ideas?

I just dont want them to break the amount of players in the world. Where everyone sits in the house and can chat and Q and do everything.

Elder Scrolls One : House sitting.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be able to easily attain furniture and decorations, upgrades etc in game without having to spend tons of real money.

Some form of basic housing earned through quests (don't want to have to grind till I have half a million gold with a character until I can have somewhere to call home)

I know it's all wishful thinking.
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to design my own house, both on the inside and on the outside. I would like to plant some herbs in there, have stables there, a practice dummy. Maybe a table by the fire where I could sit, get smashed and a hireable bard to help with the mood. Having the opportunity to find a wife and adopt orphans like in skyrim would also be neat. And having the option to invite friends to join me there is a must.

What I wouldn't like to have there is a banker, vendor, crafting stations. As much as comfortable that would be, it would also result in empty cities with no players around and I hate that.

Though from what I've seen on PTS, we will get a copy paste house, option to change the interior a bit, we'd have to pay 10k crowns for it and that's that.
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to maintain it and do chores. Dishes should pile up that need to be cleaned, if you don't clean them you should get insect and rodent infestations that require pesticides from alchemy skills. Weather should damage the fascia, requiring gold maintenance or wood working skill combined with fun hours collecting the necessary lumber. Everything should have wear and tear values so that stuff you use eventually breaks.

4d6a389fa32e0b1acab876734cc302c094cc2729c94095f92ef542b829fff0fd.jpg

After a week the place should get dusty and spiders should start popping up (that might help you with your insect problems if you don't do your dishes). A home should be an environment, where you can create equilibrium though filth. Dusting should give a player a chance to look at every pixel of their home as they dust the space carefully and sweep. These chores should be a detailed activity that takes 2-4 hours a week of game-time to accomplish weekly. Maybe there could be a dust boss or something like that where if you fail to beat it, it explodes and undoes all your dusting progress requiring you to begin dusting again or procrastinate.

Kitchen_Roaches_On_Broom.jpg

You should have to pay taxes on your home weekly to keep the goberment from taking your home. One should also have neighbors that compliment you on maintaining the exterior and interior of your home. If you fail to take the time and effort to maintain it doing your chores, they should berate you for damaging the value of the neighborhood, and make snide remarks about how your place smells and appears and threaten to report you to the HOA.

PoorTax.jpg

That's all I have for now, but it is a start.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to display my stolen collectibles.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, well, that is a special food that adds 6000 stam and 600 stam recovery with a 10% chance of debauchery when attempting a melee attack.

xD
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 14, 2016 7:00PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really want for a decent "Housing" is a choice of the house, roleplay-wise.

As far as I know, housing has to be for customisation, vanity/cosmetic matters and roleplaying only.
    No gameplay goal, no "premade" storytelling about our home, for auri-el's sake ! World of Warcraft failed it so much. So please...
    Let people play outside, in open world. And let them decide by themselves what backstory fits to their house/hall. :smile:

Of course a wayshrine seems mandatory.
    A banker (and guildbanker) seems legit too.

I want to feel: "home sweet home". And let the ability to invite people (swtor did this quite well).

Wether I play a dunmer or a bosmer, I certainly won't like to be forced to settle in a khajiiti or breton styled house.
    Each playable race deserves its own type of house or hall.

Some examples that came to my mind
    -As an Altmer I'd imagine an (unknown) islet somewhere in Summerset archipelago. (Even if I'd prefer a manor near Cloudrest mountains for my own character purpose haha)
    -As an Orc, obviously a (little) stronghold.
    -As a Redguard, a small villa in the desert... (and/or a small (pirate) island ?) yokudan bas-relief !
    -As a Bosmer, a place in the forest.
    -As a Khajiit, a place in the savannah.
    -As an Argonian, a place in the bayou.
    -As a Breton, a kind of castle or a house on a rocky point.
    -As a Dunmer, a House manor - and another option for an Ashlander camp, also.
    -As a Nord, any lumber yard surrounded by snowy mountains lol
    -As an Imperial, a colovian villa ?

Then, more housing options could be sold at the Store, like the ability to take a "foreigner" house (Orc ruling a bosmeri tree-house for ex.)
    And stuff like an underground Dwemer ruin, an underground Ayleid ruin, a somewhere-in-oblivion Daedric laboratory, etc.

Here is what would make me definitely fall in love with the game.
    Most of the design (architecture, vegetation) already exists, it's a matter of disposing of it among players (a bit like the Editor in Slyrim maybe? :) )

By the way, there is another awesome option: let the player chose one (phased copy, ofc) of the many locations that are abandonned after we complete the quests !
    That could make a suitable answer to the matter my fellow roleplayer Bobcat have raised there : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/116466/opening-up-zones-which-become-locked-after-certain-quests/p1

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be able to use stolen treasures from pickpocketing and safeboxes as some sort of decoration/trophy room

some of them are books so maybe a study area. Within this area could be all the lorebooks you've found too
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshrine
    Customized interior with display space
    Stable for my mounts when not in use
    Place for pets to frolic
    Crafting tables including dye station
    Plantable garden
    Respawning ore/runes

Most of all I want the base house and minimum mod cons to be purchasable with in game gold, not crowns, and not sub required.
    Some customizable features can be crown store but a house is not enough to get me to sub.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be accessible to everyone for free . Yes ..an update for the base game.
    Edited by Agalloch on July 15, 2016 7:48AM
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to build the entire house from scratch with wood etc. that I farmed.
    It should have additional inventory slots.
    Build your own crafting stations.
    Have pets that stay in and around the house.
    Have furniture that could be interacted with.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shelves for displaying trophies, etc.
    • Bookcases for displaying all collected lorebooks
    • Numerous mannequins that I can put armour and weapon sets on that would then allow for a quick change with a button press
    • Interactable furniture (Chairs that can be sat on, proper bed sleeping for well-rested bonuses, etc.)
    • Ability to "precisely" place items where I desire within home (Not toss and pray Skyrim style)
    • A wayshire
    • Ability to have friends, guildies over to visit and hang out.

Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want wayshrine at my house.
    And everything needed for doing writs.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want 2 personal town guards at doors so other players could not steal from my house :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    A place where you can show off armor sets that you aren't currently wearing lol can other players come into your house or I it your own instance?
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting more and more afraid of the pricetag, with mounts now costing as much as some DLCs, what the hell is housing going to be like? The cost of a whole new game?!
    PC/EU DC
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting more and more afraid of the pricetag, with mounts now costing as much as some DLCs, what the hell is housing going to be like? The cost of a whole new game?!

I am worried that it will be another crown store dlc like update 11.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A place where you can show off armor sets that you aren't currently wearing lol can other players come into your house or I it your own instance?

Interesting problem . If it's not your own instance then where will they put all the houses?

Contrary to what a lot of people have said, I absolutely do not think the house should have its own wayshrine, farm or mine.

However, it must be equipped with a couple of Argonian slaves to keep it tidy for me.

Assuming there are enough players rolling Argonian characters to fill the role ;)