The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rewarding raid leads

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    I thought the reward for raid leading was having the know-it-all who wont shut up constantly bicker with you in TS about what the group is doing.

I live for that >_>

lol I've kicked people from group for much less. A powerful group must exercise and take pride in its discipline.

Zheg wrote: »
    I thought the reward for raid leading was having the know-it-all who wont shut up constantly bicker with you in TS about what the group is doing.

I live for that >_>

You tell them to clear comms and stop second guessing lead or they get booted. Simple.

Lead: Battle comms, stop talking over me.
    Dude: If we had done this that whatever....
    Lead: I SAID BATTLE COMMS
    Dude: Dont yell at me, who the hell do you..
    Lead: Get out of the raid and TS if you dont like
    Dude: Maybe ill leave the guild, eh?
    Lead: Bye felicia
    Dude: DONT YOU START THAT BYE FELICIA CRAP WITH ME
    =dude has left the channel-
    Lead: Behind this tree, get ready for their push
    -dude has joined the channel-
    Dude: YOU CANT MAKE ME DO ANYTHING, I DO WHAT I WANT
    - dude has been kicked from the server-
    - -dude has joined the server-
    Dude: Oh NOW YOURE POWETRIPPING?
    Lead: Yeah, im one of the guild leaders, bye felicia
    -dude has been banned from the server-

Actual paraphrased snippet >_> i try to avoid drama tho

You should have been trained by bulb. That guy would have been kicked from ts and guild at line 4.

^ can confirm :trollface:

I think discipline is the wrong word. You just need a group of good players that are on the same page. Kick the autists, but don't be a ***.

Sure, you can have success that way, but you won't beat a group of comparably skilled but more disciplined players.

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Bulb and I ran VE extremely disciplined, very tight play and exact orders. That's how we liked it, but we also fought groups that were a lot more run and gun, and this seemed to work great for their playstyle.

Basically, you just need to figure out how you want to play and recruit accordingly. A bunch of good players playing off each other with a general direction from their lead can be devastating, as can a group of good players basically just being wielded as an extension of the group lead. Either way, you gotta know what you're after and stick to it.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also I dont think rewards are needed for group leads. As a raid lead my rewards were obtaining victory and respect from my enemies.

...the last one is always a bit tricky so I'd just say winning is mostly its own reward.

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Also I dont think rewards are needed for group leads. As a raid lead my rewards were obtaining victory and respect from my enemies.

...the last one is always a bit tricky so I'd just say winning is mostly its own reward.

It was the murse that did you in on that last part.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

You tell them to clear comms and stop second guessing lead or they get booted. Simple.

You should have been trained by bulb. That guy would have been kicked from ts and guild at line 4.

I would have made it to line 7 before banning and g-kicking, and line 5 would have started with "I'm a f***ing officer." I mean, who can resist a good Bye Felicia.
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for the day I see an alt/guild named Satiar One-O-Two or some similar combination. I would say you have earned respect. Regardless of what people say it's always been more about frustration than loathing you or your guild. There's several infamous raid leads that couldn't say the same.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I live for that >_>

That happened a couple of times back in the day in venatus and actually happens a lot in pick up groups.

I don't even remember rage having that problem though, everyone just listened and did what they were told and stuff died. I think because we recruited players that we already knew and stuff and didn't just add randoms out of zone. Also, i dunno about others but when I lead I explain the big picture of what i'm planning on doing to, so people aren't like 'wtf you're crazy' when I do it.

Edit: for using the S word
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on July 15, 2016 12:46PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

lol I've kicked people from group for much less. A powerful group must exercise and take pride in its discipline.

I live for that >_>

I think discipline is the wrong word. You just need a group of good players that are on the same page. Kick the autists, but don't be a ***.

Sure, you can have success that way, but you won't beat a group of comparably skilled but more disciplined players.

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Bulb and I ran VE extremely disciplined, very tight play and exact orders. That's how we liked it, but we also fought groups that were a lot more run and gun, and this seemed to work great for their playstyle.

Basically, you just need to figure out how you want to play and recruit accordingly. A bunch of good players playing off each other with a general direction from their lead can be devastating, as can a group of good players basically just being wielded as an extension of the group lead. Either way, you gotta know what you're after and stick to it.

You couldn´t be more right.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fame and fortune isn't enough for you?

Could always start a pay to lead service and charge people gold for you to raid lead or be in your groups. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Fame and fortune isn't enough for you?

Could always start a pay to lead service and charge people gold for you to raid lead or be in your groups. :tongue:

There's not enough gold in the game.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I live for that >_>

That happened a couple of times back in the day in venatus and actually happens a lot in pick up groups.

I don't even remember rage having that problem though, everyone just listened and did what they were told and stuff died. I think because we recruited players that we already knew and stuff and didn't just add randoms out of zone. Also, i dunno about others but when I lead I explain the big picture of what i'm planning on doing to, so people aren't like 'wtf you're crazy' when I do it.

@Satiar : "So we're definitely going to die here, but I have a cunning plan!"
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

I live for that >_>

There were times id make callouts on map conditions to try and save you all. It worked a few times, though the reds did not get to pay for their lack of vision those times.
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

I live for that >_>

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Basically.

I live for that >_>

"It involves jumping off of very high walls."
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I live for that >_>

I live for that >_>

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Basically.

I live for that >_>

I miss the predator leaps, that worked way more often that it ever should have even if it gave Fruity an aneurysm or two in the process lol.

RIP Aydz
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

I live for that >_>

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Basically.

I live for that >_>

I miss the predator leaps, that worked way more often that it ever should have even if it gave Fruity an aneurysm or two in the process lol.

RIP Aydz

I thought that was the goal?
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I live for that >_>

I live for that >_>

Ehhh.... it's both ways.

Basically.

I live for that >_>

RIP Aydz

I thought that was the goal?

Fruity: "Steve this is a really stupid idea"
    Steve: "Fruity just pop your damn barrier and jump!"
    Fruity: "We're totally going to get rekt"
    Steve: "Well with that attitude, now barrier and jump, and you better have another one when we get down there!"
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone who complains that this is bad because it rewards the people who lag out the server, don't realize something like this would create more raid leads and therefore more smaller groups. I'm not in favor of implementing it because I know somehow it would be exploitable.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Everyone who complains that this is bad because it rewards the people who lag out the server, don't realize something like this would create more raid leads and therefore more smaller groups. I'm not in favor of implementing it because I know somehow it would be exploitable.

But, but, if you add mechanics that inhibit ball groups like in TG and help giant zergs, you get fewer of them and alliance v alliance fights. Everyone wins!

Few can look past their unbridled hatred of ball groups to realize that there were more fights happening on the map and less giant stacking overall in keep fights when there were more organized groups running.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

But, but, if you add mechanics that inhibit ball groups like in TG and help giant zergs, you get fewer of them and alliance v alliance fights. Everyone wins!

Few can look past their unbridled hatred of ball groups to realize that there were more fights happening on the map and less giant stacking overall in keep fights when there were more organized groups running.

Highly condensed 24 man AoE groups still caused a substantial portion of the lag.

We need lots of organized groups. We don't need 50 people fighting with predominantly AoEs within the space of two healing springs. It's a fine line which ZOS has a hard time walking.
    Edited by KenaPKK on July 16, 2016 7:21PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

I think I used this line on my infamous Decibel raid lead night.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

IMO, FCs are what contribute the most to this.

Personally, I like the game much better with fewer ball groups.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    [

IMO, FCs are what contribute the most to this.

Personally, I like the game much better with fewer ball groups.

We are getting closer! A couple of them left recently! Ball groups are on the way out.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it's going to be before y'all realize the "ball group" strategy stopped being a thing ages ago. It's been stupid easy for anyone with a brain to counter for months.

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live for that >_>

OMG ... I have to admit that this totally made me laugh until I cried. It would not be so funny if it weren't so true. I've been in a few groups over the years that sound just like this ... Mostly in LOTRO though.

How about this one from last year on Shor... (edited somewhat for brevity, but you get the point)

Lead: Set siege.
    -12-year-old has enetered channel
    Lead: Get ready for a bomber please.
    12-year-old: What are ya doin?
    Lead: We're at Alessia.
    12-year-old: What are you there for?
    Lead: We're in Battle Coms, please.
    12-year-old: We're at Aleswell Farm. Do you wanna come help us?
    Lead: We're busy right now.
    12-year-old: Why are you down there?
    Lead: Door at 25%.
    12-year-old: What are you hitting that for?
    Lead: You need to please stay quiet right now.
    12-year-old: Why don't you come help us?
    Lead: Please go to the other channel.
    -12-year-old leaves channel.
    -12-year-old enters channel.
    12-year-old: Why are you guys hitting a keep? Don't we get points for resources?
    12-year-old has been removed from channel.
    12-year-old enters channel.
    What did you move me?
    Lead: You are welcome to use the other channel to hang out with your friend, but please GO UP TO THE OTHER CHANNEL AND DON'T COME BACK IN HERE.
    Zone Chat: (guild name) SUCKS!
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The players you run with on a regular basis are thankful. The community you provide a service to, however can be brutal and cruel. The respect you think Raid leads should get from the community does not exist. Instead you get harassed, Tea bagged, ridiculed and made to feel like ***. This is not a game of decent people or even decent players. It's a toxic pool of *** and *** who don't know how to shut their own *** mouths.

Aside from that the game is fun, the good players you meet are few and far between. The spectacular shows are performed nightly, all in name of AP.
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    I think thats a very personal opinion, Taran, i'd meet some ep and dc leaders and talk to them with all respect of the world and idea-sharing and the feedback involved or just a casual talk. Yes, i do hate them so much and blame them and remember their entire family while fighting in a keep or resource or randomly around cyrodiil
    haha like anyone fighting each other does , but it just stays there. There is no reason to bring up that to a normal and cordial conversation between raid leaders or players. Because its mutual understanding if both players are smart enough of course
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. These ppl do it usually because they enjoy that role and that is their reward. No need for additional ingame reward.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a very different guild scene than I am used to.

In other games I've played, players only had the option to join one guild. If it was a good guild, they probably had to read a charter and submit an application to join. There may have been an interview or two. Following that, they were usually given recruit status and considered trial members. There would be strict requirements about availability and attendance. Guilds seemed tighter and players who hopped between guilds usually developed a bad reputation. Loyalty was a big deal.

I think it's less gratifying to lead in ESO because the guild culture here is much more promiscuous. Players are often members of more than one guild and always have other options. Guild hopping ethics don't seem prevalent. Players drop and rejoin guilds very casually. In guilds I've been in, it's usually been a major challenge to get players to commit to a schedule. When things would get rough, many would opt to play for their other guilds instead. Sometimes guilds on other factions. Every raid leader I've had gets burnt out very quickly. Many of the best leaders in the game seem to avoid leading.

I usually lead at least one guild or clan in games I play as much as ESO, but leading in ESO isn't attractive to me at all.
    Edited by zyk on March 6, 2018 5:55AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mostly a zerg surfer myself - however, much respect to all those folks whom enjoy herding cats (and khajiits :)) in cyrodiil...

lots of folks don't like playing solo and really enjoy groupie stuff...thank goodness for the players willing to wear the crown, and, are good at it...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    ESO has a very different guild scene than I am used to.

In other games I've played, players only had the option to join one guild. If it was a good guild, they probably had to read a charter and submit an application to join. There may have been an interview or two. Following that, they were usually given recruit status and considered trial members. There would be strict requirements about availability and attendance. Guilds seemed tighter and players who hopped between guilds usually developed a bad reputation. Loyalty was a big deal.

I think it's less gratifying to lead in ESO because the guild culture here is much more promiscuous. Players are often members of more than one guild and always have other options. Guild hopping ethics don't seem prevalent. Players drop and rejoin guilds very casually. In guilds I've been in, it's usually been a major challenge to get players to commit to a schedule. When things would get rough, many would opt to play for their other guilds instead. Sometimes guilds on other factions. Every raid leader I've had gets burnt out very quickly. Many of the best leaders in the game seem to avoid leading.

I usually lead at least one guild or clan in games I play as much as ESO, but leading in ESO isn't attractive to me at all.

Excellent observation here and one that I've privately railed against myself. The multiple guild system and ability to actively play all factions has created, shall we say, an interesting culture speaking from a purely pvp standpoint. In my opinion this has contributed greatly to a decline in the number of serious organized guilds and creates an incredible uphill battle to grow new ones. There is little to no guild loyalty or guild pride in this game and pretty much every major organized guild left out there is an amalgamation of several guilds that have collapsed. I don't think there is anything that can or will be done to address this in this late stage however....unfortunate.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is hard to grow new guilds at the moment because experienced players are quite comfortable with their existing circle of game buddies, and are extremely reluctant to join less experienced groups or recruit relatively inexperienced players. The current pick up group leaders seem to lack a core of experienced players to rely on to make up for the inexperience of the people they take from zone too. It's a vicious circle where experienced players wont go PvDoor Blackboot with 23 other people, but pugs leaders will because they need a morale boost at some point for their group to stay motivated after getting wrecked over and over.

Edited by gabriebe on March 12, 2018 11:14AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control