Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New material drop that allows crafters to change trait and style of gear!

LEGENDARYYY
LEGENDARYYY
✭✭✭✭
I think it would be very interesting if ZOS implemented a tradable golden material (like Perfect Roe) that 9 trait crafters of that piece could use to change trait and style. This material could drop anywhere with a very low % chance. Atm the loot table is utterly boring anyways, this would make for some pleasant surprises now and then. The material would be worth a ton for sale from player to player, aswell as working as a solution to the RNG problem we all know exists with BoP sets.

This would also add another dimension to achieving the 9 trait research for all items. Many ppl aren't even interested in the 9 trait crafted sets.

Prosperous should still be given a buff though, from the looks and feels of it I think its very weak.
Edited by LEGENDARYYY on July 25, 2016 12:10AM
CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE

New material drop that allows crafters to change trait and style of gear! 96 votes

Great idea!
87%
laurajfImryllEsquire1980g_ESOCaligamy_ESObigscoothb14_ESODirtySmeegs33Elder_IIILark82aubrey.baconb16_ESOAlienSlofKhenarthiRhazmuzKorprokdylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESOCazicLumiphreatophileMalthorneMikazankojou 84 votes
Not so sure
7%
wayfarerxidkelias.stormneb18_ESOTanadrielMerkzM8Eryasfirerapture 7 votes
Nah
5%
Gothrenkamohs212eb17_ESOsollBurning_TalonsEp1kMalware 5 votes
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    I especially like the part about needing 9 traits, mainly cause I just hit that for all equipment. But, I'm sure many people would be pissed off if this came to be and they couldn't change their useless trait'ed BoP items because they don't have 9 traits.

-edit- It really would be great incentive for that long long grind learning the traits.
    Edited by Runs on July 12, 2016 10:31AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea!
    please yeah! doesnt make sense, collecting styles if you cant use them because of drop-equip.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    This would be awesome... some styles really are hideous, and costumes don't really satisfy me enough.
    PC-EU
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    A yes for maximum build variety and high fashion
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • kamohs212eb17_ESO
    kamohs212eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nah
    Nah.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Updated the original post. More feedback and suggestions would be great :)
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will never happen.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Good idea I'd love.to see it in game. But on the other hand, the need to continue to craft new sets is good for the economy.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    Will never happen.

This. Zenimax has already stated they have no intention of allowing you to modify existing items.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Will never happen.

This. Zenimax has already stated they have no intention of allowing you to modify existing items.
    Mimic Stones
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will never happen.

Mimic Stones

Crown Mimic Stones do not modify anything, they are just wild cards.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 1:47AM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Will never happen.

They also stated battlegrounds and small scale pvp were never to happen, now I hear its coming next year.

The more options for the players, the better. All they need to do is to balance the cost of things. It has to be very expensive to change trait and style.

For all I care it could be a material at vendor for 100k that lets you change trait, a huge gold sink. While a the golden dropped item would only allow to change style.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    I dislike this idea because of how narrow the cope is for a work-around. Perhaps make it so you can change the trait for a material/trait you've researched.
    It's mostlt the bop items people are pissed off about. does no good at all if it takes people months of researching to used the damnrd thing.

like you
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wont happen unless as a crown store item and only for style change.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 25, 2016 1:01PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so sure
    I doubt Zos would implement anything like this. Might as well go to a token system where someone can choose yet only one person in a 4 man or 2 in a 12 man get the token per boss or instance. Zos has been keen on staying away from this type of system.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    I dislike this idea because of how narrow the cope is for a work-around. Perhaps make it so you can change the trait for a material/trait you've researched.
    It's mostlt the bop items people are pissed off about. does no good at all if it takes people months of researching to used the damnrd thing.

like you

I'm afraid that means you could create new char and research that exact item, transfer the item and change it within 4 hours. That wouldn't work either.

I think 1.5 months of research for 9 traits isnt too bad when the reward is to change gear to whatever u like. If you don't like waiting for research you can still grind for the perfect BoP gear like ppl do today. This would just be a bonus to all those players whos spent months researching.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will never happen.

They also stated battlegrounds and small scale pvp were never to happen, now I hear its coming next year.

The more options for the players, the better. All they need to do is to balance the cost of things. It has to be very expensive to change trait and style.

For all I care it could be a material at vendor for 100k that lets you change trait, a huge gold sink. While a the golden dropped item would only allow to change style.

I do not know what reason they stated for not doing small-scale PvP (if any), but they DID give a valid reason for not modifying existing armor (excluding the convert to Imperial style thing) and this reason was stated on an ESO Live stream. I do not recall which one though nor the specifics of the reason so have fun searching lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 7:09PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    So long as it was a really rare drop, it would be an interesting addition.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Good idea to change style, bad idea to change trait. I have a whole masterpost about potential style changing mechanics if you want to take a look, though.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278522/restyling-masterpost#latest
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea!
    Sure, why not...
    Playing since beta...
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Yes please.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    I would love if this were implemented.

Briarheart is a fun set but not very attractive. :p
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    "Nah" vote was looking lonely
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not so sure
    Recremen wrote: »
    Good idea to change style, bad idea to change trait. I have a whole masterpost about potential style changing mechanics if you want to take a look, though.

This ^

Changing the style is very much needed considering how much dropped gear is available, it's not imbalanced or overpowered since it is entirely cosmetic and as an added bonus it will incentivize more crown motif purchases. Everyone wins!

Traits however, while I'm not entirely opposed to having a system to change them, have serious implications on game balance. I doubt we'll ever see trait changes since the entire RNG grind depends on having some traits that are more desirable than others.
    Edited by wayfarerx on July 25, 2016 9:14PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion