The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO PTS: First Look at Housing (2.6.0 update)

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at some of the new housing areas ZOS is preparing in the next PTS patch. we managed to sneak our way into a few courtyards as well. This has a total of 13 new towns across 8 zones.

Also showed an area taken off the map yet its still there.

Here's a map of all the locations I could find.

Watch live

DISCLAIMER: The next DLC only sets up some areas up for housing, the details about pricing & how it will work is not out yet. Housing is estimated to be complete Quarter one 2017 as per E3.

update 9/6 included new houses thst are part of the 2.6.0 patch
Edited by HeroOfNone on September 6, 2016 1:25PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love it sir :) super excited to get my own house in this game lol
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably be satisfied with the little mudhut on the edge of Shormhold in Shadowfen for my personal house.
    I just hope it isn't one of those 1st come, 1st serve type deals that only a limited number of players will be able to get houses because that would be terrible.
    Argonian forever
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably be satisfied with the little mudhut on the edge of Shormhold in Shadowfen for my personal house.
    I just hope it isn't one of those 1st come, 1st serve type deals that only a limited number of players will be able to get houses because that would be terrible.

My guess is that each person has their house in a separate instance. This to me seems fairly obvious by how they walled off all the housing areas. Hopefully, if this is the case we can also visit friends houses.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be instanced. They will want everyone to have to spend money on crowns for this.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed in other threads I'm missing a house in wayrest, I'll update later, unless there were others I missed.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on July 4, 2016 6:14PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done, @HeroOfNone, thanks for posting.

Also appreciate that you mentioned in the video (multiple times) that the planned release is 1Q '17. I'm hoping nobody watches the vid and then assumes housing is in the August update (which it's not).

Always wanted a house near Hallins' Stand ... and the one reviewed in the video is just across the road. Will have to see what other ones are made in Alik'r and Bangkorai (but that's my fave so far). My main crafter is probably going to retire there and make curved swords.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 4, 2016 10:17PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait shadow of sithis or the one after that ? Either way mountains of Skyrim... I'm coming home
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell has like 2-3 player houses datamined. I'll either live there or (most likely) a house with a ton of snow around it.

I'm crazy excited for housing, just as much so for Spellcrafting!

Classic TES features
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your effort, the castle in Glenumbra looks great. Too bad I really hate Glenumbra and it's the last zone I'd want to live in xD

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That repears March manor is mine, I can fish all day off the pier and invite guildies for parties
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome, I wasn't really that interested in housing when I first heard about it, but this certainly makes me a bit excited for it. I just hope all the housing stuff will be purchasable with ingame currency and not crowns, I really want there to be a goldsink other than gear.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Looks awesome, I wasn't really that interested in housing when I first heard about it, but this certainly makes me a bit excited for it. I just hope all the housing stuff will be purchasable with ingame currency and not crowns, I really want there to be a goldsink other than gear.

If it's not all crowns than the best houses etc will be cuz that's how they profit with crowns. People have to remember in the end they a business and need to profit now how much crowns is the question.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've set aside 1,000,000 gold just for housing, hopefully I can do that rather than having to spend crowns, but thankfully I've got a few k crowns set aside just in case too.

Edit: wrong number. Fixed.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on July 6, 2016 10:08PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've set aside 1,000,000,000 gold just for housing, hopefully I can do that rather than having to spend crowns, but thankfully I've got a few k crowns set aside just in case too.

Are you really a billionaire mate? Pls post pics so I can feel like I failed at this game :smile: (100% serious)
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Guy Is really Living a cats life.
    Jumping and climbing everywhere that has no dogs inside :lol:
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Just last night I noticed a new house just outside of cropsford.

I'm totally living in cyrodiil when housing comes out. Gank from my front porch!
    Edited by AGrz5585 on July 6, 2016 7:57PM
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    :( Awe, I was hoping for more of a build from the ground up kind of housing experience.

Ideally, Instead of having these instanced buildings spread across the actual landscape, utilize boats/caravans/stables NPCs who will teleport you to a parcel of wild untamed land that you can get a little sandboxy with.

i.e.: The way a boat takes you to Fulstrom Homestead at the start of Thieves Guild or when the caravan takes you from Anvil to Jerall Mountains in Dark Brotherhood.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    HMMMM will they do this like instanced zones like Lotro did? If so add a Guild Trader in the crown store so I can park one out front!!!!
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like similar housing to Skyrim.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    I've set aside 1,000,000,000 gold just for housing, hopefully I can do that rather than having to spend crowns, but thankfully I've got a few k crowns set aside just in case too.

Are you really a billionaire mate? Pls post pics so I can feel like I failed at this game :smile: (100% serious)

LOL, sorry meant 1,000,000 I was half asleep when I typed it.

Ill edit
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done, @HeroOfNone, thanks for posting.

Also appreciate that you mentioned in the video (multiple times) that the planned release is 1Q '17. I'm hoping nobody watches the vid and then assumes housing is in the August update (which it's not).

Always wanted a house near Hallins' Stand ... and the one reviewed in the video is just across the road. Will have to see what other ones are made in Alik'r and Bangkorai (but that's my fave so far). My main crafter is probably going to retire there and make curved swords.
    Curved. Swords.

Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. Talking cat avatar in the chat window is awesome. :D The house in Malabal Tor next to the dolmen will probably be popular with everyone who wants the General Executioner achievement.
    Halcyon Black
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cats awesome :#
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mansion in Glenumbra and a Cyrodiil vacation home to pew pew around. If they do indeed add homes to Cyrodiil. Get off my porch!
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a white marble mansion in Auridon please. Proximity to a waterfall and those pink blooming trees would be amazing.

I also want to hire a wood elf girl for a servant. Should be sworn to carry my burdens! ®
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a followup video reviewing Wayrest
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they have one for Coldharbor! That would be funny! :p
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is that one Hollow City house that's just called "House"!
    or!
    ...how about a nice cottage on a levitating rock above the city?
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh I would wanna have a house in Coldharbour a house standing on a foot of a chicken :smiley:, like a witch :smiley: .

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »

there is that one Hollow City house that's just called "House"!
    or!
    ...how about a nice cottage on a levitating rock above the city?
    :)

soundz good :smiley: