Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone PLEASE help me pick a PvE class I'm a total noob

Deathgiggle
Deathgiggle
✭✭✭
Picked up the game for PS4 and just want a good PvE class. I don't care for PvP much at all, but seems most posts discussing class and race keep mentioning PvP.
I am mostly a solo player even though I knew when I bought this game that certain aspects of it are meant to be done in a group setting. I just play at really odd hours because I travel a lot and I might get 2 hours here in a hotel room or 4 hours on the tour bus. Rarely do I get home enough to have all day to play and most of my video game time happens at like 3 a.m. when most guildies would be asleep.

My main focus is just PvE, I am looking for a character that can solo well and I'm not scared of a complicated rotation. Saw a ton of posts recommending the Templar class but a lot of them say "if you want an easy first character." I don't necessarily care if the class is easy or not, I just want it to be really good at solo play, taking on a world boss here and there and maybe doing some dungeons if I ever get the time. Again, I will not be joining pvp.

Nightblade, Templar, DK, Sorcrer, magic or Stam? What do you think would suit a loner who just likes to PvE and run around farming a bit? Are there a lot of group pulls in this game where AoE is needed? If so, is there a class that excels at that as well?

Thanks in advance, hope the game gives me many hours of fun an distraction :)

• BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Templar.
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on July 2, 2016 1:22PM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has ended.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has ended.

r73VJe3.gif
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you only want to run around, farm a bit and kill some mobs it doesn't really matter what class you pick.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian nightblade B)

rip decibel
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK for highest single target DPS (Boss killer)
    Mag temp for multiple mobs/Mag NB/Mag DK.
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 2, 2016 1:26PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar.

Magicka Templar.
    Single enemy.
    Rotations: Channel focus(CF)> Structured entropy(SE)> Dark flare>Toppling charge(TF)> Puncturing Sweeps(PS)>Radiant Oppression

Note:use PS till boss HP is low (50-30%)and then use RO.

Many enemies/Mobs
    Rotation: CF>Proxy detonation/ Reflective light>SE> TC>Spam PS till death.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord Dragonknight. You need nothing else.
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    ok, thanks for quick responses. Seems a lot of love for Mag Templars as an overall character. The Stam DK for high single target DPS and Mag NB's and DK's do well with multiple mobs.

I have another question, the NB seems like the rogue character from a WoW point of view. Does the stealth/invisibility of that class help them in certain areas of the game? I mean is there a lot of places where that can help them skip trash mobs and avoid packs of stuff you don't want to kill?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    redguard stamina dragon knight
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks for quick responses. Seems a lot of love for Mag Templars as an overall character. The Stam DK for high single target DPS and Mag NB's and DK's do well with multiple mobs.

I have another question, the NB seems like the rogue character from a WoW point of view. Does the stealth/invisibility of that class help them in certain areas of the game? I mean is there a lot of places where that can help them skip trash mobs and avoid packs of stuff you don't want to kill?

You can just use cloak to avoid battle at anytime, also you can use cloak "n" number of times ,till your magicka is drained to 0.
    Here is a video for NB pvp by sypher ( watch his NB build)
    https://youtu.be/LGANBcbAttQ

Here is magplar pvp by blabafat( watch his templar build)
    https://youtu.be/Mt2cJGJ-Wns

For PvE, both magicka class are good but for PvP, magplar are less stressful than magblade.
    Edited by Van_0S on July 2, 2016 4:52PM
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Templar is a great class in general. It has all the essentials, makes the best healers, pretty good tanks, and good for dps roles. I had a stam temp but just switched to mag and its awesome. So I recommend a magplar.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do group for PvE dungeons, which roles would you like to do?

Every class can perform every role well, but only certain classes excel at certain roles.
    DKs can bring the best utility as tanks,
    Templars can be the best healers,
    Nightblades make thieving easy,
    Sorcerer's mobility make them great farmers.

Every class has other benefits, those are just examples.

As far as solo questing goes, you cannot go wrong whatever you choose.
    If you want to maximize your potential, choose your race to match the style of play you prefer (stam or mag), otherwise you can play any combination of class and race and not limit yourself on one or the other.
    F.E. my magicka templar is an Imperial at the time. I can easily switch to stamina whenever I want because I level all my unleveled skills (put them on my bar) when handing in quests.

For soloing harder content I would suggest this combination for each class:
    mag Dragonknight
    mag Templar
    mag Nightblade
    stam Sorcerer
    There are less stamina combinations here because the only stamina heal is found in the Alliance War skill line, which you said you are not interested in.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • LeDave
    LeDave
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Imperial Stam NB, fun as heck to play! Although I never tried any other class, I don't feel the need to.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To answer your question: yes.
    NBs have a stealth skill, and with enough magicka recovery you can stay in stealth infinitely.
    This comes in handy when trying to get past Guards (not all though, some can force you out of stealth) while you have a bounty on your head.

Although that is more beneficial in PvP than PvE. You don't want to skip mobs because of easy experience since they are extremly easy to kill unless you are geared and specced wrong.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<