Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets of Armour

BomblePants
BomblePants
✭✭✭✭✭
Er.... how do you get sets of armour? So like I'll get maybe two pieces of sets as I work my way through the storyline but how do you get four or five pieces?

Im not talking crafted armour - just the sets that seem to randomly drop from baddies.... (warlock set for example)... ?
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the set. Warlock is just from random drops I think. I usually just buy sets from guild traders, because I'm lazy.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can look up the set and see where it drops from but really its easier to trawl the traders, join some trade guilds to fill your set.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear drops are extremely variable in their location and drop frequency. You mentioned Warlock, which is the only thing I can specifically comment on. Warlock drops from lvl 22-30 from mobs and chests in those zones, and at cp140 in Aetherian Archive.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm..... ok guys, thanks. I just thought everyone sounded like they are getting full sets drop but seems like it's the same for everyone. I will have a look through my guild traders... Thank you!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually you buy the remaining pieces of sets from vendors or zone chat.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your best option is to buy sets from traders or craft them.

It is hard to actually farm all five pieces of the sets you want to wear at the start of the game because you will most likely out-level the first piece you dropped very soon.
    Also, sets usually only come in certain level ranges, f.e. Syrabane's Grip only drops in levels ranging from 30 to 37, until reappearing again at higher CP levels.
    Meaning once you hit the level 38, you are unable to farm the missing pieces.

Sets obtained in DLC you can always find in any level range because the whole content is scaled to your level.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Specific mobs drop specific sets, at specific levels.

Warlock drops at non veteran levels through chests and undead mobs. At level 50 it drops from undeads only, and cp120 Warlock drops in Aetherian Archives trial, however the jewelry has a very low drop rate, which sets its market price at 200k-3 million while the armor pieces cost 500g-1,500g.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the info everyone... much appreciated :)