The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1,000 Crowns reasonable for a single costume?

• PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came for the sweetrolls.
    Nothing is going to change their absurd prices in the crown store.
    Edited by PurifedBladez on July 1, 2016 2:05AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 Crowns is too much for a single costume.
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but don't these cheap bundles of costumes refer to the ones composed of already ingame resources whilst the 1k crown singular one is a wholy new design?

Some of them are already in the game like the Stealthy Rogues pack. Others, like the Nedic armor and the Winterborn armors, are not.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ OP not knowing about hero costumes that cost 2k ea
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »

Of course I know about them. But if 1,000 Crowns is too much for a costume, obviously 2,000 Crowns is too much for a costume. So... LOL at you for failing to understand the obvious? ;)

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they need to add better crown option cuase you got 750 crown 1500 and 3000
    when dlc cost 2000 so why not go by 500 750 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 as crown packs
    but only if it is a really nice costume
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    After playing Black Desert and seeing how they deal with their costumes (20 dollars for the "armor" part, 30 for the set - Character bound), I'm thinking that 1000 crowns for a costume that you can wear on all your characters is ok.

Of course, I tend to be picky when it comes to costumes and I only buy them if I really like them on at least one of my toons.

Black desert is pay2win and every costume has buff.
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purely a personal choice although with dyes coming soon costumes become inherently more valuable for the plus members.

Some i would pay 1k for but there are sets of 3 for 700c i wouldn't touch...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the limited costumes come back at some point ? Like those hero ones. With costume dyes the Elven armor thing would look really cool on my sorcerer, I missed it. Everything's closed on sunday in France and that was the one day where I noticed this thing was on sale. Life sucks sometimes in ESO. But yeah I'd pay more than 1k crowns for a REALLY cool costume. But sadly I dislike most of the ones currently in the crown store. Man I'd love to see that elven costume on my sorc though....
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 Crowns seems reasonable for a single costume.
    Do the limited costumes come back at some point ? Like those hero ones. With costume dyes the Elven armor thing would look really cool on my sorcerer, I missed it. Everything's closed on sunday in France and that was the one day where I noticed this thing was on sale. Life sucks sometimes in ESO. But yeah I'd pay more than 1k crowns for a REALLY cool costume. But sadly I dislike most of the ones currently in the crown store. Man I'd love to see that elven costume on my sorc though....

None of the removed costumes went back to the store so far, so we can't really know. I imagine they will come back eventually.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too much.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In every thread like this, i'm answering the same: better to have expensive costume that YOU DO NOT NEED (remember the time, where we didn't had costume at all) than expensive DLC!

There is polymorph, costumes, and pets that you can have in game, while doing content. Not much, true, but there is some! So I think it's okay to charge 1000 crown for something that just a luxury item. ESO+ can purchase 1 costume by months, and others...well, why on earth aren't you suscribing? :p
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Of course I know about them. But if 1,000 Crowns is too much for a costume, obviously 2,000 Crowns is too much for a costume. So... LOL at you for failing to understand the obvious? ;)

Actually LOL @ your post because you forget to realise that tens of thousands of people bought both Hero Costumes and are eagerly awaiting the next one as well as even more people bought the Dro'M'atha Senche which was 4k crowns.

Meaning regardless of whether or not I think 1k is too much which I do btw same as you. People are willing to buy it and that means they can pretty much keep charging what they want for it.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Holy crap. Who do they think they are Games-Workshop for charging something so much for something that is not real?

Hell I don't even buy clothes that are that expensive sometimes, at least they are real lol.

Real or not is how you look at it. The fun you get from having and wearing them is quite real, isn't it?- This is a game, it is meant to entertain you. And if wearing and buying costumes is what entertains you, then the experience is quite real. It adds to the entertainment value of the game - and this is a real benefit - something what is not real, could not do this - it is a real item in a virtual world, you can interact with it, you can look at it, you will be able to customize it, it creates real joy.

So what is not real about it then?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For khajiit to pay 1,000 crowns for a costume it would have to be a t-shirt with "We Love Fishmas" on the front.

Also made of solid gold.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I see the cost for the Motif for the Imperial I start having cheat pains.. I'm not sure if I'm starting to have a heart attack.

Why does it cost so much? 5,000 crowns? Almost $39.99 for this crap? Are you kidding me?!?!? I could purchase a few games with that money off of steam sales. Why is the Imperial so valuable in this game? The race and now the clothing? Jesus someone from the development seems to have have an impulsiveness obsession with the Imperials/Empire that lead to this outrageous price.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on July 1, 2016 1:52PM
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crowns would 99 cents be?
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually LOL @ your post because you forget to realise that tens of thousands of people bought both Hero Costumes and are eagerly awaiting the next one as well as even more people bought the Dro'M'atha Senche which was 4k crowns.

Meaning regardless of whether or not I think 1k is too much which I do btw same as you. People are willing to buy it and that means they can pretty much keep charging what they want for it.

But none of what you say has anything to do with the poll.

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I see the cost for the Motif for the Imperial I start having cheat pains.. I'm not sure if I'm starting to have a heart attack.

Why does it cost so much? 5,000 crowns? Almost $39.99 for this crap? Are you kidding me?!?!? I could purchase a few games with that money off of steam sales. Why is the Imperial so valuable in this game? The race and now the clothing? Jesus someone from the development seems to have have an impulsiveness obsession with the Imperials/Empire that lead to this outrageous price.

That's not the same than a costume. Motifs sold in the Crown Store affect player economy as you can find the motif in game. To keep the work and investment of players relevant, the motivs NEED to be very expensive.
    Personaly i'd have prefered the motifs to NEVER be in the Crown Store, but at least they are very expensive, and are added several months after the motifs had been introduced in game.
    Edited by Elloa on July 1, 2016 2:24PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common costumes that come in the 3 packs are going to cost less. They're for the masses.

More detailed costumes require more design and creativity so they sell for more, for the more selective tastes some players have.

More exotic cotimee sell for even more.

If they price it where no one pays for it they don't make $$$. Considering prices for things have been consistent it seems they know how to price these Items.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad quality costumes from lazy zos, no thx.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just open a lot of unlocked chests, you will get them over time - it took me just about 3 months to get it for all my non-imperial characters - well for the first 7 - the last one does not have it yet, but he is just about a week old.

My verdict for the imperial style - looks awesome on male characters, but is not convincing on female ones.
    Edited by Lysette on July 1, 2016 4:20PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    they need to add better crown option cuase you got 750 crown 1500 and 3000
    when dlc cost 2000 so why not go by 500 750 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 as crown packs
    but only if it is a really nice costume

Don't you get it? It is a marketing scheme. Kind of the same reason why they use crowns as currency instead of real dollar values on these items.

If a DLC cost 2000 crowns, then you will be forced to buy the 3000 pack, leaving you some crowns left over to purchase other items. I am sure what you have left over is not enough crowns to buy something you like. So you will then have to buy another crown pack.

I've only played one other game and I still play it. In the game I basically just play dress up my avatar. Every day I have to purchase clothing to make my character look nice. I don't have to but it is the fun part. I have more clothes, hair, skins and shoes than I will ever need. I buy something one day and the next day it just sits in my inventory forever.

Why do I buy things and never complain about it? Because it is cheap. For example, a new hair style is only a dollar. A new top is only a dollar and bottoms are only a dollar. Some items are more, some items are less.

How much do I spend a month? A lot. But I feel I got my moneys worth and I had fun shopping for the items.

What I think ZOS needs to do is reduce the costs, make more players feel attached to their characters. Make them feel like they are in RL and then charge them for housing.

I do believe Limited time only items should cost more than other items, as long as they don't come back later.

I'm sure some or all of you are familiar with the term DOTS. Well I call my plan POTS. :) Profits over time, ZOS might not see more profits up front because they are charging less, but over time they will get more profits from more players buying stuff because players don't feel ZOS is ripping them off and they begin trusting the company. Relationships are built on Trust.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Pigment
    Pigment
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind that's about $10 USD. For a digital costume. C'mon....
    @ikon0 / Alt-aholic / PC / NA
    Pigment / AD / Altmer / Templar
    Pay Me / AD / Dark Elf / Dragonknight
    Pay Up / AD / High Elf / Sorcerer
    Puerto Rico / EP / Redguard / Dragonknight
    Puerto Vallarta / DC / Redguard / Sorcerer
    Perimo / AD / Argonian / Nightblade
    Puerto Cabello / AD / Khajiit / Nightblade
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are costumes in the Crown Shop that come in packs of 3 different costumes for 700 crowns. But now we're getting a SINGLE costume for 1,000 crowns. Does this seem excessive? Please feel free to expand on your answer in comments!

If they are better, sure. Don't wanna pay, don't buy it and they may change their mind.
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people are mortified by 1000 crowns, not sure what you'll be thinking when the Breton hero costume comes which will also be 2000 crowns. 2k will be in line with the other 2 hero costumes - now that is excessive.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    10 crowns seems excessive for a costume. But if something sells for 1000, the price is fine.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They'll sell costumes for however much people will buy them, so, if you have an issue with the pricing, stop buying them. I've never encountered anything more mindboggling in ESO than somebody who will complain about how "ZO$ is money-hungry" and how "ESO sucks so much", yet they'll readily spend $40 on an electric blue tiger mount.

The ugliest mount in the game.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Mady wrote: »
    Yes, if I like it. I get 1500 crowns ''for free''. So no problem for me to pay 1k for a costume. o:)

How are you getting free crowns? Is there something I missed?

I do get crowns but they are not free they come with my subscription. And no my subscription if not free.

Quit supporting high prices, some people who play this game would like to buy stuff but can't afford or will not pay $10.00 per outfit. It is a rip off.

I say this costume thing is a monopoly.. we need to open it up and let the users/creators create outfits and sell in stores :) and share the profits with ZOS.
    A 1500 crown pack cost 15 dollars. A subscription cost 15 dollars. You get free access to DLC and perks for your ESO plus. The crowns are a free bonus that is permanent whether you unsubscribe or not. So they are free. Your DLC and perks are rent with great amenities.

The crowns are NOT free. You pay for them. Stop with the marketing speak that just misleads people.

If the crowns were free, it would mean that you are paying $45 for each DLC since during the 3 month you sub in a quarter, you only gain a single DLC. That would be a horribly bad deal. If you change the equation to $45 gets you 4500 crowns and one DLC each quarter, the deal seems better.

If you are a new subber, you can say you paid $15 to get access to 4 DLC and that is a good deal for one month. If you have been playing for a year, you have paid $180 for access to 4 DLC, a horrible ripoff. But you aren't just buying access to DLC. You are also buying the included crowns. For people who had always planned to buy a lot of vanity items, that is added value.

The only problem being the pointlessness of the crowns for many if they aren't buying DLC with the crowns.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clicked the wrong thing, its late, im tired. costumes should cost around the same as the lower end pets
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Costumes for 700 are low quality costumes or simply craftable items made into a costume, so not much work goes into it. More expensive ones are original costumes with better textures and more details.

Costume price up to 1000 is reasonable when comparing it to other mmo's. Anything more is however over the top... Just like mounts for 4000 crowns, that's just absurd.
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ