The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1,000 Crowns reasonable for a single costume?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There are costumes in the Crown Shop that come in packs of 3 different costumes for 700 crowns. But now we're getting a SINGLE costume for 1,000 crowns. Does this seem excessive? Please feel free to expand on your answer in comments!
Edited by MornaBaine on June 30, 2016 2:35PM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

1,000 Crowns reasonable for a single costume? 271 votes

1,000 Crowns is too much for a single costume.
59%
NobleNerdraidentenshu_ESOvailjohn_ESOMojmirNewBlacksmurfdeepseamk20b14_ESODiviniusLara1701XundiinNskDenBlackSparrowWuffyCeruleiSporvanWtrengaPendrillionbertenburnyb16_ESOSantieClawsAimoraEliteZDhukath 160 votes
1,000 Crowns seems reasonable for a single costume.
22%
Elloaamantvoulub14_ESObloodenragedb14_ESOAsaredYulsMadyGigasaxshauny.gibbsb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOAverya_TeiraSotha_SilAbeilleidkjosefcifkaeb17_ESOkhele23eb17_ESOSheezabeastDerNachtfaltervyndral13preub18_ESOnooblybearzZzleepyhead 60 votes
I came for the sweetrolls.
18%
ElventSlurgHellbender27TekynTonnopesceanitajoneb17_ESOShadowolfsSpiderg1rljircris11AgobikongkimDemeosFlaminirrootimusTowerdragontimidobserverSarevoccRustyfish101BouldercleaveEvilKiwi 51 votes
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accidentally clicked on wrong choice. Costumes should only cost 200 Crowns.

Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on June 30, 2016 2:40PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said yes, because depending on the quality of it I may pay 100 crowns. I don't buy much, but if it makes the game seem a bit funner, why not?/
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No . I won't buy unless sale .
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before I say Yes or No, what is 1,000 crowns equivalent to in US dollars?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they intentionally charge a bit so that not everyone buys the costume, just those that really want to wear it. I'd rather see variety in people's armour/costume choice, esp because they like it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Before I say Yes or No, what is 1,000 crowns equivalent to in US dollars?

Well I kind of determine that by figuring a monthly sub costs me $15.00 and gets me 1,500 Crowns each month. By that reckoning, 1,000 Crowns = $10.00.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd pay 1,000 crowns for a sweetroll costume if it was well designed and didn't have clipping issues.

Overall it really depends on the person and their personal tastes whether or not a costume is worth it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing Black Desert and seeing how they deal with their costumes (20 dollars for the "armor" part, 30 for the set - Character bound), I'm thinking that 1000 crowns for a costume that you can wear on all your characters is ok.

Of course, I tend to be picky when it comes to costumes and I only buy them if I really like them on at least one of my toons.
    The Moot Councillor
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they intentionally charge a bit so that not everyone buys the costume, just those that really want to wear it. I'd rather see variety in people's armour/costume choice, esp because they like it.

It shouldn't matter if everyone buys it. Not everyone is going to be wearing the same costume every day. Yes, at first when it initially comes out you will see many people wearing the new costume. But I'm sure there are people like me that want to change their outfits 3 times a day.

They should charge a reasonable fee ( think 1 or 2 dollars per costume ), and they should increase production and make more outfits for people to purchase.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 30, 2016 2:52PM

• Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if I like it. I get 1500 crowns ''for free''. So no problem for me to pay 1k for a costume. o:)
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think single costumes should cost 500 Crowns and the 3 packs should stay at the 700 Crown price point. Anything more than that is just excessive really.

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been skipping some costumes I otherwise would have liked. It's not the 1k crown cost that is stopping me, it's that they aren't limited time(3-7day) items.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new one looks nice. i wont buy it, but it looks very well done and fits nice.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $10 for a costume is pretty fair for the really nice costumes. Its not that much money and its not the same cost of a DLC. I'd honestly pay $50 for the emperor costume if I could.
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on June 30, 2016 3:13PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Ah shoot, clicked the wrong one. Wanted to click the "seems reasonable" option) :p

Depends on the costume, but yes. I can see myself spending 1000 crowns for a particularly cool or intricate costume, especially if it was The One for one of my characters, tying in perfectly with her style and personality.

Then again, I'm a roleplayer, and therefore shameless when it comes to cosmetics. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 30, 2016 3:13PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the costume. Also I got most of mine with sale crowns, so 1k was about $5 to me. I haven't bought any of the 2k hero costumes.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but don't these cheap bundles of costumes refer to the ones composed of already ingame resources whilst the 1k crown singular one is a wholy new design?
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on June 30, 2016 3:23PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly what they should monetize on.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Demeos
    Demeos
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to another B2P game, the prices here are far cheaper and can be used on all characters that are on the same account regardless of class or race.
    Edited by Demeos on June 30, 2016 3:27PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't unlock a costume, little Suzie Lumpkin is going to have to buy another ESO+ membership to keep her family fed and sheltered.
    For just fifty cents a day, you can keep Suzie's lights on and look fabulous doing it.
    Unless you unlock the Treasure Hunter costume. That one is just the worst.
    Please, think of Suzie. Because life is too precious to be a filthy casual who nickels and dimes a subsidiary of a large corporation.

And because Suzie is thinking about you right now.
    No, put the Blade of Woe away, Suzie. They're here to help you.

2iggbrb.gif

signing off
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    1K crowns for a single costume is OTT tbh

250-500 crowns for a single or 700-800 for a pack would be better, older costumes should drop in price after maybe 6mths of release.
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but don't these cheap bundles of costumes refer to the ones composed of already ingame resources whilst the 1k crown singular one is a wholy new design?

most of the 1K costumes are already used by npcs in the game.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really feel the need to buy costumes, so I honestly don't really care. If it makes the company money to charge high prices for costumes and mounts, that is fine by me. I'm sure ZOS has a lot of data to inform their prices.

I personally wouldn't spend that much on a costume.
    PC/EU DC
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1K crowns for a single costume is OTT tbh

250-500 crowns for a single or 700-800 for a pack would be better, older costumes should drop in price after maybe 6mths of release.

most of the 1K costumes are already used by npcs in the game.

I meant to say for the packs, aren't they the ones made out of basic motif parts stuck together and colored a certain way?
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 - 250 is reasonable.
    $10 for a costume when DLC is $15-$20 is way out of whack
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $10.00 is way to much for a virtual outfit.

If they charge 1 dollar for a costume, and 2 or 3 for a Pack, they will sell more and more than likely make more than they are now.

Edit:
    I say we go on strike and everyone wear the disguise you get at level 3. Showing we don't support their high prices.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 30, 2016 4:07PM

• Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the good old days when you got 3 versions of a costume for 700 crowns... Zos's pricing policy is more spaghettied than the games code and I guess all those people that bought the $40 mount doesn't help.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if 4K was not high enough to stop people from buying a mount, then 1k will not stop someone from buying a costume. The question of whether it is reasonable or not to an individual really does not matter. It will sell if the costume is worth buying.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    700 Crowns would be fine about 7 dollars. That is what it cost to buy the smallest crown pack or around there. Making it larger than that is trying to make the player either subscribe or buy a larger crown pack.

Whatever the smallest crown pack cost is what a costume should cost. I'd rather them not go lower on super vanity like this. I want to see ZoS raise the price on little things and keep crap from getting locked behind the subscription. Let the subscribers have costumes free while subbed and they can buy costumes at a discount of 10% while subbed to own forever.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    I want to see ZoS raise the price on little things and keep crap from getting locked behind the subscription

Are you crazy?

Do you understand how much it costs to create an outfit? Not very much at all. No need to raise prices.. they need to lower them.

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    I did say lower from 1000 to 700. The bill has to be fit somewhere. Either it's vanity gets overpriced or somewhere down the line more starts getting locked behind the subscription.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!