The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1,000 Crowns reasonable for a single costume?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 Crowns is too much for a single costume.
    Costumes for 700 are low quality costumes or simply craftable items made into a costume, so not much work goes into it. More expensive ones are original costumes with better textures and more details.

Costume price up to 1000 is reasonable when comparing it to other mmo's. Anything more is however over the top... Just like mounts for 4000 crowns, that's just absurd.

If those "special" costumes were actually better than the less expensive costumes I might agree. They may have more textures and details (though I find even that arguable) but they still distort the female body shape and are often simply...well... ugly.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1,000 Crowns seems reasonable for a single costume.
    Im OK with a costume costing 1k bif its a well designed, detailed costume that makes your character look badass or sexy or influencial or whatever youre after with your char's looks. Another requirement IMO is for it it to have proper male and female versions instead of this unisex junk theyve been serving us recently. 2k+ for a costume on the other hand... now that that bothers me.

Having written that I must add that theres a lot to be said for customers buying the stuff they like and feeling they got their moneys worth instead of feeling they were bullied or manipulated into buying overpriced stuff they might not even wanted. You want your clients to stick with your product as long as possible and be satisfied with it. This is not one of the Korean disposable MMOs which work on the principle of: lure them, drain them, f... them.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 2, 2016 4:03PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    1k for "well designed" costume +4k for "well designed" mount # 2k-3k for DLC !!!! Value for money...huh?
    These guys selling crap for gold and you buy it? No wonder why the keep doing it......
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new costume is gorgeous. I bought it the minute I saw it. My only complaint is that the character copy was done prior and now I have to wait to see how the dyes work.

I don't mind paying for quality. I prefer quality over quantity.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much, especially considering all those quality issues.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    they need to add better crown option cuase you got 750 crown 1500 and 3000
    when dlc cost 2000 so why not go by 500 750 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 as crown packs
    but only if it is a really nice costume

Don't you get it? It is a marketing scheme. Kind of the same reason why they use crowns as currency instead of real dollar values on these items.

If a DLC cost 2000 crowns, then you will be forced to buy the 3000 pack, leaving you some crowns left over to purchase other items. I am sure what you have left over is not enough crowns to buy something you like. So you will then have to buy another crown pack.

I've only played one other game and I still play it. In the game I basically just play dress up my avatar. Every day I have to purchase clothing to make my character look nice. I don't have to but it is the fun part. I have more clothes, hair, skins and shoes than I will ever need. I buy something one day and the next day it just sits in my inventory forever.

Why do I buy things and never complain about it? Because it is cheap. For example, a new hair style is only a dollar. A new top is only a dollar and bottoms are only a dollar. Some items are more, some items are less.

How much do I spend a month? A lot. But I feel I got my moneys worth and I had fun shopping for the items.

What I think ZOS needs to do is reduce the costs, make more players feel attached to their characters. Make them feel like they are in RL and then charge them for housing.

I do believe Limited time only items should cost more than other items, as long as they don't come back later.

I'm sure some or all of you are familiar with the term DOTS. Well I call my plan POTS. :) Profits over time, ZOS might not see more profits up front because they are charging less, but over time they will get more profits from more players buying stuff because players don't feel ZOS is ripping them off and they begin trusting the company. Relationships are built on Trust.

I guess you talk about second life, because that is what I did as well - every day something new and often more than I could ever wear. I ended up with an inventory of around 130,000 items - and outfits for 25 years to come, if I would change 3 times per day and never wear something twice. ZOS is missing out on us shopaholics - I have crowns on my account and there is nothing interesting to buy in the store - this is ridiculous, especially because i do not have all of the stuff they have retired, because I was not a player at that time - if this stuff would still be in the store, I would probably have it in my collection now.
    Edited by Lysette on July 2, 2016 5:20PM